Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

• Normal Skin (1)
  • Oily Skin (1)
  • Sensitive Skin (1)
  • Combination Skin (1)
Causes Irritation Yes (0) · No (7)
100% pure petroleum jelly
Hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic
Restores hydration in skin
Formula is thinner than before
Sticky
Brand Manager for Vaseline? Claim your listing.
See the Best Skin Irritation Care Products in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Reviewer
ReviewerVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC28 posts

Ease of Application
Smell
Robyn
RobynBallarat6 posts

Sadly, not what it once was

Like so many old and trusted products, Vaseline Petroleum Jelly has downgraded. It is now thin, needs constant reapplication and provides no barrier at all. This is marketed as 100% petroleum jelly but they have obviously watered down the formula. Disappointed. Will be looking elsewhere for next buy. Show details
Ease of Application
Smell
John
John27 posts

Company tests on animals

I wouldnt put this on my skin , I use this one tub for soldering because my Mother sent me a small tub she was unaware the company tests/torture on caged animals (facts) as she does not use the internet I informed her as she is against that sort of horror and discontinued use , you can buy better quality that is cruelty free .
Cat
Cat2 posts

So disappointed

Another great product ruined! I have been using this for years (I’m 63) and it has been great. Bought a new one some time ago and thought it had changed. Sticky and does not work on chapped lips anymore! I am so over good products being changed and /or sent overseas with the original good product being lost forever. Show details
David D.
David D.NSWSydney, NSW

Good product but so hard to open 50g jar

I do like the product but I find it so hard to open the 50g plastic jar. I have damaged my nails so many times already and it's not getting any easier.
Margie D.
Margie D.2 posts

JoJo
JoJoNSWSydney, NSW6 posts

Made in Australia vs Made in India

I had a very old jar of Vaseline and needed a new one to start ‘slugging’ (look it up on YouTube, it’s a thing!), anyway the new jar I noticed was a white colour and like the other comments noticed it is a much thinner consistency and not the Vaseline I have used all my life (65 years old) . I read ingredients to see what was different and noticed the new white one is made in Australia! I don’t like it but my daughter just purchased a jar as well but it is the ‘original’ thick version and made in India...I’ll be purchasing that one as better for ‘slugging’ interesting though as both are same ingredient. Show details
Veronika
VeronikaACTCanberra 2600, ACT140 posts

I have to agree

I was going to not post anything, but after reading the reviews, I too have to say that it’s simply not the same product it once was. It used to lubricate the cracked parts of your nose or lips, now it does absolutely nothing.

Mum said it will help just takes awhile, it never did, I had to buy something else and that worked overnight. No idea why they have to change everything good, just leave it well enough alone.  Show details

popemerry
popemerry4 posts

It appears to be a different formula now

It is a lot thinner than the original one I have used. Tried it on my cracked lips and it seemed to just slide straight off therefore no help for my lips  Show details
Ease of Application
Smell
G.L.
G.L.3 posts

Made in India!!

I used to buy this product when it was made in Australia. Now it's made in India!! I would not be using or buying it anymore unless they manufacture it locally again.
doinafriggant
doinafriggantVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC16 posts

All in one product

I love that this jelly is an all in one product. It alleviates my baby's diaper rash and some skin issues. It's readily-available on all supermarkets and comes with some variants.
HergelV
HergelVNewcastle21 posts

helps with my bub's diaper rash

my baby has a sensitive skin and at the moment, I am still figuring out what diaper to use and it resulted to my baby having rashes. I bought a small size of this and it did wonders, not only it saved me from waiting of my baby everytime I put some diapers on but it provided comfort to her as well. Show details
Ease of Application
Smell
Nelle
NelleDenver

The helpful queen
The helpful queenUnicorn City21 posts

Fantastic multi purpose product!

You can use Vaseline for a variety of many different things. I have found that it has really helped with calming down my flare ups of eczema and controlling the acne on my back. A must have for every household!

Mirela
MirelaACTStirling 2611, ACT9 posts

The best "cream" ever!

I use Vaseline for a lot of problems like dry skin, dry heals, once I drop hot oil on my left hand, and the only "medicine" I used was the Vaseline Petroleum Jelly. No scars remains! I love it!

John

Is everyone aware that this company test/ tortures animals ? You can buy better quality that hasn't harmed.

Shriram mohite
Shriram mohite

What if I applied or used expired heel crack crea?

Alma23

Hi! I am Alma. My hands and feet it's really really bad. I just want to ask if it's really work? I been suffering for this almost 5 years, I'll try so many ointment but nothing's work. I don't know what to do now. Hope someone can give me some advice!

Arcanum
Arcanum

You need Dermaveen. Available in chemists. My face was so dry it cracked in corners and was always red. One week of Dermaveen and it was better. I use baby soap, no cleansers, not even QV or baby washes. Baby soap was perfect.

Alma23

Hello..i just wanna ask What kind of baby soap?

Made of 100% pure petroleum jelly, Vaseline is gentle on the skin, hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic (in other words, it won't clog your pores).

Vaseline can be applied to soothe nappy rash, chafing, sore lips, minor burns, cuts and rough hands. It protects your skin from windburn and chapping and helps reduce the appearance of fine, dry lines on your skin.

Features

• 100% pure petroleum jelly. Triple-purified. Purity guaranteed.
  • Gentle on your skin, hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores)
  • Reduces the appearance of fine, dry lines
  • Helps protect minor cuts, scrapes and burns
  • Protects your skin from windburn and chapping

What reviewers thought about this product

Happy users state that it helps to soften and moisturise a number of body parts from lips to their hands. It can also be applied on small burns and cuts to help soothe the stinging. It is affordable and effective.

Some users complained that this formula is thinner than previous versions. It is also sticky and can be messy to use.

CategorySkin Irritation Care Products
Skin TypeAll
Release date

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Vaseline? Claim your listing.
Lucas' Papaw Ointment