Diggers Methylated Spirits

Diggers Methylated Spirits

See the Best Solvent & Drain Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

Leaves a Lovely vanilla smells. Love it

I used the vanilla methylated spirits for the first time. Its great. I used it on benches, basins,sinks,toilets,tiled floors, taps. It leaves a lovely vanilla smell thru the house. Perfect

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $6.00.

Matt C

Matt CMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Smells like melted plastic

Always used metho to clean around house and sterilize shaver. Now it has a funny smell like plastic/rubber. Used it this morning and my hands still smell. Went back to store and checked the smell of the other ones on the shelf and they all had the smell.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $4.00.

Amy

AmyAdelaide

Used to love cleaning with it now it stinks

I use metho watered down for cleaning everything (except wood) but I'm finding bottles stink like dirty feet once opened.
I feel like an idiot opening and smelling them before I buy to make sure it doesn't stink.

justin.lowe

justin.loweFerntree Gully

Bad batch smells wierd

Like Phil below, we just got a bottle that stinks. I rang Customer Service number on the bottle, and they confirmed there was a bad batch R7 07/13 that went out, but that the product is still ok to use. However, I'll be returning mine and looking for a different batch that doesn't smell.

Peet33Launceston

Previous reviewer is reliable.

I know the reviewer Phil Mc and if he says so I believe it. There is not a more reliable fellow on the planet. Only trouble is...how do you know my word is reliable, especially when I forget a question mark.

Phil McBlue Mountains

Odd smell...?

Bought the 4 litre bottle in Bunnings for $13.05. I've never thought to review metho before but, after opening the bottle (difficult) and discovering that Diggers metho doesn't smell like metho anymore, I decide to do a quick internet search. No luck, but ProductReview came up. So here it is - Diggers metho started my fire this arvo just like normal, but the stuff in the bottle now has a very odd smell. Or, to be more exact, it stinks. Bring back real metho! (And no, I don't drink the stuff.)

Best ever

I used this for the first time today...I have white bamboo floor boards in my lounge dining room. ...I will never use another product... normal boards in my hall and office. Thank you so much for this time saving product. No streaking as advertised. . I love this stuff.

Overpriced item

I needed to buy a bottle of Diggers Isopropyl Alcohol, the price was $15, in Bunnings it was only $9.95!

brian

brian

about average

I bought a diggers methylated spirits liquid in a bottle from towradgi freedom fuels even though it was expensive at 10 dollars so far so good as I use it to treat mosquito bites as it takes away the sting and reduces the urge to scratch lessening the chance of a infection and in the past I have used it to clean surface of pen marks / I would recommend the diggers methylated spirits as a backup

cmayo

cmayoAU

great, i don't need to buy expensive products that are water based, i can use one product to clean the kitchen, bathroom and kids toys...
a simple and easy to use product, can be used to clean all hard surfaces in the home.
the smell does smell like an alcohol based product, but its not overpowering. a spray bottle would be handy

macca

maccaasked

recent bottle of diggers metho stinks, making my wife dry reach while cleaning in the kitchen. why have you guys made it smell terrible? wont be buying it anymore.

Peet33

I can only think it could be to lessen the chances of people drinking it.

Phil Mc

G'day Macca, similar story here. I rang the company in QLD and they said they had some 'batch issues'. Said I should take it back to Bunnings who were aware of the issue and would refund my money. The bad smell has abated somewhat, and I only use it for lighting the fire. If I was using for cleaning, if would be completely unsuitable. Cheers, Phillip.

Hayley T
Hayley T

I found the same as your wife it really stinks.
Tho i have read a few times its a bad batch but i tend to disagree have bought it now several times from different places even tried different brands and had found only the odd occasion where it actually smells normal

Get an answer from our members and Diggers representatives