Dimplex DC10RC / DC12RCBW / DC15RCBW

Dimplex DC10RC / DC12RCBW / DC15RCBW

DC10RC (3kW), DC12RCBW (3.5kW) and DC15RCBW (4.4kW)

Mish KMid North Coast, NSW

Really disappointed

Purchased in February 2019 at TVSN (TV Shopping Network) for $699.00.

Home Insulation Level Good
Room Type Living/Dining Area

Hi Mish K,
Thank you for taking the time to review our product.

So Glen
Are you a robot? This product is simply a waste of money & you have no comment ?

Danielle D.Dimplex

Sam L

Cools and heats a small area OK

I do like the small form factor of this Dimplex machine. While a bit noisy, unit worked OK in a limited area. One small but disappointing feature of most Dimplex portable air conditioners is a paper thin exhaust duct that is both flimsy and radiates back into the room a lot of heat/cold - that the machine is trying to remove from the room. Dimplex, this is false economy, try sourcing a more robust and better insulated exhaust duct like the rest of manufacturers do.
If you do not want to be bothered by constant E4 (condensate tank full) codes, the only practical way is to attach a small hose draining condensate into a bucket. Not the prettiest solution but simple and effective.

Purchased in February 2015.

Home Insulation Level Poor

Hello Sam
Thanks for posting a review on our product, we really appreciate your feedback.
Your comment regarding the exhaust hose will be passed onto our research department.

Mark H

Mark HGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Makes summer heat bearable

I live in a summer sweat box, I'm on top of a hill and the western side of the building is completley exposed to the west, one day of temp above 30 and my apartment starts to heat up, if there is a couple of days over 30 it becomes unbearable to the point of insanity, this unit has helped me to get some sleep and remain sane. It's not cheap and it's not going to turn your house into the south pole but it if you have nothing else it's worth it.

Purchased in November 2018 for $600.00.

Home Insulation Level Poor

Hello Mark

Matthew

MatthewSydney Surrounds, NSW

Reasonable product if used wisely!

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $550.00.

Home Insulation Level Average

Gordon

GordonAuckland

Good for drying clothes

Great in dehumidifier mode for drying clothes in the winter.
Heating mode is 10c above ambient room temperature so forget that side of things.
Aircon is only good for just blowing cool air at you.
I made rigs to go in the windows and sliding doors but what I found be a waste of time as this unit struggles to cool down a small room.
I found just having the door open and the exhaust out the door worked best.
Yes it is very noisy.

Date PurchasedJul 2015
GLEN D.Dimplex

Thank you Gordon for taking the time to provide feedback.

Justchill

JustchillSydney Surrounds, NSW

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Hello Justchill

jaysblueaus

jaysblueausAU

Would I recommend the answer is no

As I live in a rented property, I wanted a portable reverse cycle air conditioner, the product was not that efficient, was not overly good at cooling my one bedroom unit down. later on last year I brought 2 fans from big W that threw a mist of water out of them, that were actually cheaper to run and even more efficient. So mine went to cash converters, I had wished i did not wate my money on it, even the heating part was also absolute hopeless.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Hello jaysblueaus.

TCS

TCSAuckland

Excellent options for renters

This unit has been extremely handy in both summer and winters. Cools and heats well and doesn’t blow up the power bill either. This is an excellent choice for renters, if the rental has no heat pumps or air cons installed. It does require sliding windows to instal though and it quite noisy and bulky. But overall I’m very satisfied with the unit. Has made both summer and winters much better for us.

Hello TCS

WhyNot

WhyNotFrankston

Good But A Bit Underpowered

We really hoped for big things over summer from this machine in our overly hot bedroom but it did help but it needed to be colder. The machine looks nice and is well made, it just cant really keep up with 40c plus days. It makes a difference though and its nice to sit right in front of but its a bit noisy so it has both good and bad pints. Would be OK in a study or small space,

Date PurchasedDec 2017
GLEN D.Dimplex

Hello why not. Thanks for posting a review on our product, we really appreciate your feedback.

Goose

GooseMelbourne

Its OK Nothing Like Installed Aircon

It was a relief to have this in the bedroom but I was hoping for better performance than we got. It makes a difference is a small room but it was near useless in larger spaces unless you sat right in front of it. It needs to be set up near a window to put the widow kit and hot air exhaust pipe out, so that limits the places we could use it. My overall reaction was "meh" its OK not amazing.

Amy

AmySydney

Good enough for us

This was the first portable air con we have ever purchased, so didn’t really know what to expect. At first I was quite disappointed that the quality didn’t match built in units but once I adjusted my expectations to consider that the unit is set up in a sliding door that can never be fully insulated, I felt better about the purchase. With the vent placed directly on the bed it kept us cool through hot and humid summer days. The reverse cycle will soon come in handy. While others have complained about the noise, it never kept us up at night:m. Overall good value for a mid range unit.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
GLEN D.Dimplex

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Drewster69

Drewster69Hillman

Top unit for small rooms

We have been using this brand/type of cooling unit for the past ten years or so now and when they eventually wear out, usually after about four years, we always buy another Dimplex for replacement. We have tried many other brands and Dimplex last the longest and cool the best when used properly.

GLEN D.Dimplex

Thank you for taking the time to offer a review on our product. We very much appreciated your feedback!

Fitzy

FitzySomersby

Super loud! Sounds broken, radiates a lot of heat on the exit pipe

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Travis

TravisSmithfield plains

Works great indoors but not suitable for caravan

We originally purchased for our caravan and was assured by retailer it would cool our van on a 40degree day... NOT TRUE.. it failed to work so weve had to use in our bedroom instead... works well but not suit what we wanted it to do. And when discussed with retailer was toldit wasnt a fault

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Art House

Art HouseMatamata NZ

Falsely specified as portable, but needs to be ducted out a window

We required a portable unit able to be shifted between rooms, and ordered this unit.
The box specifies "self evaporative system - no drip tray or hose required", but when we collected the product a sticker had been added "external ducting is required to lower room temperature and dehumidify".
The unit was totally unsuitable for our purpose!! Fortunately the retailer refunded our purchase price.
Full marks to Noel Leeming NZ; but zero marks to Dimplex for false promotion

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Casey

CaseyAuburn

Can't live without it

I love my unit not only does the air conditioning component work well but the heating and dehumidifier is amazing as well not to heavy to move around and not bulky that it's takes up heaps of room, love the sleep option so it turns it self off and I don't fall asleep with it on reasonably sound in regards to how load it is, I've owned it for just under a year and i have had no problems with it at all and I constantly use it

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Peter8888

Peter8888Liverpool

Need help

I have purchased Dimplex 3.5kw over a year ago. In the first year, it went well although it is quite noisy but I could tolerate it. Unfortunately, in the second summer after I turned on it for 15 minutes, it sounds like a broken machine which makes me to turn it off. I am just wondering who has experienced like me and know how to fix it? thanks

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Bonnie

BonnieGoonellabah

Not good.

Very loud, not cooling efficiently.I had a old Dimplex which still works today. I put it back in lounge room, as it cooled the rooms a lot faster and quieter.it's nearly 20years old. Would not part with it now. It is smaller in size, with it swinging vents back and forward.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Tim R

Tim R

Good quality, noisy but better than a fan

Cooling performance is good directly in front of the machine. The uni works continuously to maintain the set temperature in the room, so is not incredibly efficient compared to a fixed unit (to be expected). Fairly noisy, easily blocked out with earplugs, however the noise is not painful like some appliances. Unit is unobtrusive, the ability to reverse the ducts for heating in winter makes it very useful. Tested in a 15 m2 bedroom. Hose for window is fairly short (but normal for a portable air conditioner, so take that into account when deciding where to put it.

Michael

MichaelMelbourne

Great little room cooler

I bought this ac for my lounge room in my new apartment and found it worked particularly well. Was initially concerned with how difficult it would be to install, however set up was relatively easy - only took a couple of minutes. Can see how it can be a little noisy on high fan speed for a bedroom, but seems more than reasonable on low-medium fan speed. Happy with it!

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Morgan S.

Morgan S.asked

DC12RCBW (3.5kW)

What dose df code mean?

Sam L

Here is an answer from Dimplex to your question found on the net: "The dF code is showing that you are running the unit in the dehumidification mode. Please be sure to attached the drain hose when using the appliance in the heating and/or dehumidification mode. If you require further assistance please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Care team on 1300 556 816."

Anh P.

Anh P.asked

Hello. I have a DC10RC model and when I use the heating mode, every 2 hrs or so the air conditioner would automatically stop working, then start working again after 5 mins making very loud noise in the middle of the night. Sometimes the noise woke me up and I had to turn it off. Is this machine able to work continuously throughout the night?

Sam L

I have not had the experience of this aircon periodically stopping. I am not a techie. For that you may wish to consult Dimplex but possibilities in order of likelyhood:

1 An overheating compressor stops the aircon. According to Dimplex manual aircon will then restart in 3 minutes. It is not unusual on startup for the compressor to make a louder noise then during steady running.
2 Aircon thermostat detects that the set temperature has been reached and stops the machine. Aircon restarts when room temp dips below set. If not set at its highest, try setting temperature higher.

I am assuming that you have cleaned the filters. I am GUESSING that in heating mode aircon relies on air intake to cool the compressor. In cooling mode water condensate assists in cooling the compressor.

I am also assuming you have unobstructed condensate water drainage

Hello Anh
Please ensure the unit is being operated on a flat, firm surface with the drain hose in place, filters are clean with no dirt or particulates visible and air inlet and outlets are clear and unblocked.
If the compressor gets to hot the unit will stop, when it restarts you will hear the compressor cut in.
Please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 556 816 if you have any further questions.

Bruce W.

Bruce W.asked

DC10RC (3kW)

Hi Dimplex
I have bought a Dimplex DC10rc
There was no water drain tube in the box ?? ( The 100mm white air exhaust tube is fitted)
I am I correct to understand that a drain tube must be attached to the middle side drain hole of the of the unit in a heating mode.
I have found water pooling at the bottom of the unit on the carpet.
Is there a drain tray as well for this unit (small black tray) if this is the drain tray where do i fit it on the unit.
Do I remove the side drain plug of the unit for heating and leave all plugs in for cooling ?
How long can the drain tube be ?
Do I need a water drain tube in Heating mode ?
The Heating mode does not create much heat ?

Sam L

Your questions are addressed in the manual.
Yes, continuous draining is required in heating mode from the mid-height drain. Leave the bottom drain plugged for heating (but really makes no difference). TRAY OF ANY SIZE WILL NOT SUFFICE for continuous drainage in heating mode. A bucket sized container (periodically emptied) or a length of downward sloping tube leading outside your premises (or a drain outlet) are the practical solutions for the amount of condensate produced.

Amount of condensate during heating is NOT a design fault but is a reflection of amount of moisture in the air.

I really cannot recall whether a drain tube is supplied with a new Dimplex machine. Ask Dimplex.

If you have to buy one - measure the mid-height outlet nipple first to ensure a snug fitting tube - from the likes of Clark Rubber or Bunnings or aquarium shop or fit a garden hose - whatever fits. If plastic or rubber tube is difficult to fit upon the outlet nipple, immerse the end of the tube to be fitted, in hot water for approx 15 seconds to soften the tubing material for easier fit.

The water drain is not pressurised so it does not matter what you use as long as it fits snugly around the outlet nipple. The length of the tube has to be at least long enough to reach wherever you want the condensate to flow by gravity (such as the bottom of a bucket positioned next to the unit.

For cooling, condensate is misted out through the exhaust duct. Bottom drain may be required only in exceptionally humid conditions (when tons of condensate may be produced) or for long term storage (to empty a tiny built in internal condensate tank).

Further to insufficient heat, your unit may be insufficient for your space. To reassure yourself, you could find out on the net or from Dimplex required capacity for your room size. Having said that, your aircon will be 2.5-3 times more efficient than a resistance heater of equivalent heating capacity.

Get an answer from our members and Dimplex representatives

Dimplex DC15RCBW (4.4kW)

Dimplex DC15RCBW (4.4kW)

Dimplex DC12RCBW (3.5kW)

Dimplex DC12RCBW (3.5kW)

Dimplex DC10RC (3kW)

Dimplex DC10RC (3kW)

CategoryPortable Air ConditionersPortable Air ConditionersPortable Air Conditioners
Price (RRP) $1,199.00$999.00$799.00
Features Dehumidifying Function, On/Off Timer and Remote ControlDehumidifying Function, On/Off Timer and Remote ControlDehumidifying Function, On/Off Timer and Remote Control
Cooling Capacity4.4 kW3.5 kW3 kW
Heating Capacity 4.4 kW3.5 kW3 kW
Reverse Cycle YesYesYes
Weight31.5 kg29.5 kg28 kg
Dimensions 760 x 300 x 550 mm760 x 300 x 550 mm600 x 300 x 480 mm
Maximum Noise Level56 db54 db51 db
Auto Restart Function NoNoNo
Max Room Air Flow 550 m³/h450 m³/h360 m³/h
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateSep 2012Sep 2012Sep 2012