Dimplex DC10RC / DC12RCBW / DC15RCBW

DC10RC (3kW), DC15RCBW (4.4kW), DC12RCBW (3.5kW)
Listing monitored by Dimplex

• Heating / Cooling Speed
  • Portability
Pat5zeroSouth East Queensland, QLD

What a beauty I was surprised.

Purchased in November 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $740.00.

Rachel A.Dimplex

Hi Pat5zero, Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review, we are thrilled to hear you love your Dimplex reverse cycle portable air conditioner.

Tammy burns
Tammy burnsDarling Downs, QLD

Returned once to get a working unit Now the heat dosent work

The first unit was faulty got a new unit and aircon was great very cool just turned it around for heat mode very cool air not hot at all. Very disappointed with the whole situation. Never again would I spend this much money on a unit that barely works.

Purchased in January 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $859.00.

Hi Tammy burns,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Please call our Technical Department on 1300 556 816 to try and trouble shoot with you.

Tank full fault light doesn't go off after emptying.....

We have had two units for a year. Over summer last year they worked ok but after winter we brought them out again and turned them on. We followed the instructions for both of them. The issue is one of them has the tank full light on (yes the tank is empty)..... These units are operating in extreme temperatures or humidity conditions and are well looked after.

It's a shame as we're happy with the other unit, albeit it's a bit loud.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances.

Eleonore E.Dimplex
Dazza
Dazza

There's only one rubber plug on both of ours. We will return it to where we purchased it.

Portable Air Conditioners

Find out how Dimplex DC10RC / DC12RCBW / DC15RCBW compares to other Portable Air Conditioners

Lana
LanaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cooling well but a bit loud

Have had it for about three years now. Happy to tolerate the noise this machine produces because it does a good job in extreme weather conditions. And it looks good too!

Purchased in January 2018 at Gumtree for $599.00.

John K.
John K.Central, SA

Great

Bought this unit due to having big aluminium windows . I had to buy a bigger vent kit for the window but I knew the original was too small . Cools 2 double bedrooms quickly , it makes a bit of noise but I have had others noisier, people must remember the compressor etc are all in the room with you , slight price to pay when its 42 and the unit lowers the temp to 23 in an hr or so . Just excellent overall for rooms where a window fitted aircon is not an option

Hi John K,
Thank you for taking the time to review the DC10RC.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Mish KMid North Coast, NSW

Really disappointed

Purchased in February 2019 at TVSN (TV Shopping Network) for $699.00.

Hi Mish K,
Thank you for taking the time to review our product.

So Glen
Are you a robot? This product is simply a waste of money & you have no comment ?

Danielle D.Dimplex
Sam L
Sam L

Cools and heats a small area OK

I do like the small form factor of this Dimplex machine. While a bit noisy, unit worked OK in a limited area. One small but disappointing feature of most Dimplex portable air conditioners is a paper thin exhaust duct that is both flimsy and radiates back into the room a lot of heat/cold - that the machine is trying to remove from the room. Dimplex, this is false economy, try sourcing a more robust and better insulated exhaust duct like the rest of manufacturers do.
If you do not want to be bothered by constant E4 (condensate tank full) codes, the only practical way is to attach a small hose draining condensate into a bucket. Not the prettiest solution but simple and effective.

Purchased in February 2015.

Hello Sam
Thanks for posting a review on our product, we really appreciate your feedback.
Your comment regarding the exhaust hose will be passed onto our research department.

Mark H
Mark HGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Makes summer heat bearable

I live in a summer sweat box, I'm on top of a hill and the western side of the building is completley exposed to the west, one day of temp above 30 and my apartment starts to heat up, if there is a couple of days over 30 it becomes unbearable to the point of insanity, this unit has helped me to get some sleep and remain sane. It's not cheap and it's not going to turn your house into the south pole but it if you have nothing else it's worth it.

Purchased in November 2018 for $600.00.

Hello Mark

Matthew
MatthewSydney Surrounds, NSW

Reasonable product if used wisely!

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $550.00.

Gordon
GordonAuckland

Good for drying clothes

Great in dehumidifier mode for drying clothes in the winter.
Heating mode is 10c above ambient room temperature so forget that side of things.
Aircon is only good for just blowing cool air at you.
I made rigs to go in the windows and sliding doors but what I found be a waste of time as this unit struggles to cool down a small room.
I found just having the door open and the exhaust out the door worked best.
Yes it is very noisy.

Date PurchasedJuly 2015
GLEN D.Dimplex

Thank you Gordon for taking the time to provide feedback.

Justchill
JustchillSydney Surrounds, NSW

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Hello Justchill

jaysblueaus
jaysblueausAU

Would I recommend the answer is no

As I live in a rented property, I wanted a portable reverse cycle air conditioner, the product was not that efficient, was not overly good at cooling my one bedroom unit down. later on last year I brought 2 fans from big W that threw a mist of water out of them, that were actually cheaper to run and even more efficient. So mine went to cash converters, I had wished i did not wate my money on it, even the heating part was also absolute hopeless.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Hello jaysblueaus.

TCS
TCSAuckland

Excellent options for renters

This unit has been extremely handy in both summer and winters. Cools and heats well and doesn’t blow up the power bill either. This is an excellent choice for renters, if the rental has no heat pumps or air cons installed. It does require sliding windows to instal though and it quite noisy and bulky. But overall I’m very satisfied with the unit. Has made both summer and winters much better for us.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Hello TCS

WhyNot
WhyNotFrankston

Good But A Bit Underpowered

We really hoped for big things over summer from this machine in our overly hot bedroom but it did help but it needed to be colder. The machine looks nice and is well made, it just cant really keep up with 40c plus days. It makes a difference though and its nice to sit right in front of but its a bit noisy so it has both good and bad pints. Would be OK in a study or small space,

Date PurchasedDec 2017
GLEN D.Dimplex

Hello why not. Thanks for posting a review on our product, we really appreciate your feedback.

Goose
GooseMelbourne

Its OK Nothing Like Installed Aircon

It was a relief to have this in the bedroom but I was hoping for better performance than we got. It makes a difference is a small room but it was near useless in larger spaces unless you sat right in front of it. It needs to be set up near a window to put the widow kit and hot air exhaust pipe out, so that limits the places we could use it. My overall reaction was "meh" its OK not amazing.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Read more reviews - page 2

Michelle T.
Michelle T.asked
DC10RC / DC12RCBW / DC15RCBW

I bought the DC10RC around 5 years ago for the A/C function....it was barely better than a fan so after using it less than a dozen times I packed it away and didn't use it again till now. Just turned it on again, hasn't been moved the whole time. The heating function doesn't work. Even on the hottest setting, yes I have the vents on the correct end (AND checked the temperature coming from both ends), and the ambient temp is within the specified range. The air coming out of the unit is not the slightest bit warm after leaving it on for 15mins. Not a bit. What on earth could have stopped working to cause this just by being stored?

Ruben R.Dimplex

Hi Michelle, Thank you for your question and I'm sorry to hear of this. I will reach out to your directly to get some more details. Thanks

Mel
Melasked
DC10RC / DC12RCBW / DC15RCBW

Recently changed the mode to heat and switched over the exhaust pipe to the back. Attached a drain hose too. It heats for a little while and then stops and the sun symbol flashes even when it hasn't reached temperature I set yet. I'm no expert but it seems to have a thermostat issue. The vents are clean.

Ruben R.Dimplex

Hi Mel, Sorry to hear this. We will reach out to you directly to get some additional information. Thanks

Alex S.
Alex S.

I’ve unit that’s only a couple of months old and is doing exactly the same thing. If it doesn’t stop all together it comes up with DF on the screen and sounds like it’s working but doesn’t have any air coming out

Ruben R.Dimplex

Hi Alex, Thank you for your question. The DF code normally means that the unit has started running the defrost function. This indicates that the internals are below minimum ambient temperature. It should switch back over once the appliance is back to normal running temperature. Thanks

barbara d.asked
DC10RC (3kW)

For cooling can you put the vent down into the ducted heating duct beneath the floor? I have horizontally windout windows and do not see how I can use the Dimplex with this type of window.

Barb

Pat5zero

The package has extra panels to window cover, which might fill the window opening. The panels are 200mm wide and about 1 metre long.

barbara d.

Thank you for responding but I just can't visualise how to cover the other 2 triangular sections Left and right side of the wound out window. What then happens when you need to wind in the window? Are there any diagrams to show me?

Ruben R.Dimplex

Hi babara d, could you DM us your email and we can send you a pic as it cannot be attached to the comments.

See all Dimplex DC10RC / DC12RCBW / DC15RCBW questions

Get an answer from our members and Dimplex representatives

Compare all 3 Dimplex DC10RC / DC12RCBW / DC15RCBW
CategoryPortable Air ConditionersPortable Air ConditionersPortable Air Conditioners
Price (RRP) $799.00$999.00$1,199.00
Features Dehumidifying Function, On/Off Timer and Remote ControlDehumidifying Function, On/Off Timer and Remote ControlDehumidifying Function, On/Off Timer and Remote Control
Cooling Power3 kW3.5 kW4.4 kW
Heating Power3 kW3.5 kW4.4 kW
Reverse Cycle YesYesYes
Weight28 kg29.5 kg31.5 kg
Dimensions 600 x 300 x 480 mm760 x 300 x 550 mm760 x 300 x 550 mm
Maximum Noise Level51 db54 db56 db
Auto Restart FunctionNoNoNo
Max Room Air Flow 360 m³/h450 m³/h550 m³/h
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateSept 2012Sept 2012Sept 2012