Dimplex DC10RC / DC12RCBW / DC15RCBW

Dimplex DC10RC / DC12RCBW / DC15RCBW

DC10RC (3kW), DC12RCBW (3.5kW), DC15RCBW (4.4kW)

Portable Air Conditioners Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of portable air conditioner would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.2

• Room Type
  • Heating / Cooling Speed
  • Portability
Tammy burns

Tammy burnsDarling Downs, QLD

Returned once to get a working unit Now the heat dosent work

The first unit was faulty got a new unit and aircon was great very cool just turned it around for heat mode very cool air not hot at all. Very disappointed with the whole situation. Never again would I spend this much money on a unit that barely works.

Purchased in January 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for A$859.00.

Hi Tammy burns,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Please call our Technical Department on 1300 556 816 to try and trouble shoot with you.

Tank full fault light doesn't go off after emptying.....

We have had two units for a year. Over summer last year they worked ok but after winter we brought them out again and turned them on. We followed the instructions for both of them. The issue is one of them has the tank full light on (yes the tank is empty)..... These units are operating in extreme temperatures or humidity conditions and are well looked after.

It's a shame as we're happy with the other unit, albeit it's a bit loud.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances.

Room Type Large Bedroom
Eleonore E.Dimplex
Dazza
Dazza

There's only one rubber plug on both of ours. We will return it to where we purchased it.

Lana

LanaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cooling well but a bit loud

Have had it for about three years now. Happy to tolerate the noise this machine produces because it does a good job in extreme weather conditions. And it looks good too!

Purchased in January 2018 at Gumtree for A$599.00.

Home Insulation Level Not Insulated
Portable Air Conditioners

Find out how Dimplex DC10RC / DC12RCBW / DC15RCBW compares to other Portable Air Conditioners

John K.

John K.Central, SA

Great

Bought this unit due to having big aluminium windows . I had to buy a bigger vent kit for the window but I knew the original was too small . Cools 2 double bedrooms quickly , it makes a bit of noise but I have had others noisier, people must remember the compressor etc are all in the room with you , slight price to pay when its 42 and the unit lowers the temp to 23 in an hr or so . Just excellent overall for rooms where a window fitted aircon is not an option

Room Type Large Bedroom

Hi John K,
Thank you for taking the time to review the DC10RC.

Mish KMid North Coast, NSW

Really disappointed

Purchased in February 2019 at TVSN (TV Shopping Network) for A$699.00.

Hi Mish K,
Thank you for taking the time to review our product.

So Glen
Are you a robot? This product is simply a waste of money & you have no comment ?

Danielle D.Dimplex
Sam L

Sam L

Cools and heats a small area OK

I do like the small form factor of this Dimplex machine. While a bit noisy, unit worked OK in a limited area. One small but disappointing feature of most Dimplex portable air conditioners is a paper thin exhaust duct that is both flimsy and radiates back into the room a lot of heat/cold - that the machine is trying to remove from the room. Dimplex, this is false economy, try sourcing a more robust and better insulated exhaust duct like the rest of manufacturers do.
If you do not want to be bothered by constant E4 (condensate tank full) codes, the only practical way is to attach a small hose draining condensate into a bucket. Not the prettiest solution but simple and effective.

Purchased in February 2015.

Home Insulation Level Poor

Hello Sam
Thanks for posting a review on our product, we really appreciate your feedback.
Your comment regarding the exhaust hose will be passed onto our research department.

Mark H

Mark HGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Makes summer heat bearable

I live in a summer sweat box, I'm on top of a hill and the western side of the building is completley exposed to the west, one day of temp above 30 and my apartment starts to heat up, if there is a couple of days over 30 it becomes unbearable to the point of insanity, this unit has helped me to get some sleep and remain sane. It's not cheap and it's not going to turn your house into the south pole but it if you have nothing else it's worth it.

Purchased in November 2018 for A$600.00.

Home Insulation Level Poor

Hello Mark

Matthew

MatthewSydney Surrounds, NSW

Reasonable product if used wisely!

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$550.00.

Home Insulation Level Average
Gordon

GordonAuckland

Good for drying clothes

Great in dehumidifier mode for drying clothes in the winter.
Heating mode is 10c above ambient room temperature so forget that side of things.
Aircon is only good for just blowing cool air at you.
I made rigs to go in the windows and sliding doors but what I found be a waste of time as this unit struggles to cool down a small room.
I found just having the door open and the exhaust out the door worked best.
Yes it is very noisy.

Date PurchasedJul 2015
GLEN D.Dimplex

Thank you Gordon for taking the time to provide feedback.

Justchill

JustchillSydney Surrounds, NSW

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Hello Justchill

jaysblueaus

jaysblueausAU

Would I recommend the answer is no

As I live in a rented property, I wanted a portable reverse cycle air conditioner, the product was not that efficient, was not overly good at cooling my one bedroom unit down. later on last year I brought 2 fans from big W that threw a mist of water out of them, that were actually cheaper to run and even more efficient. So mine went to cash converters, I had wished i did not wate my money on it, even the heating part was also absolute hopeless.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Hello jaysblueaus.

TCS

TCSAuckland

Excellent options for renters

This unit has been extremely handy in both summer and winters. Cools and heats well and doesn’t blow up the power bill either. This is an excellent choice for renters, if the rental has no heat pumps or air cons installed. It does require sliding windows to instal though and it quite noisy and bulky. But overall I’m very satisfied with the unit. Has made both summer and winters much better for us.

Hello TCS

WhyNot

WhyNotFrankston

Good But A Bit Underpowered

We really hoped for big things over summer from this machine in our overly hot bedroom but it did help but it needed to be colder. The machine looks nice and is well made, it just cant really keep up with 40c plus days. It makes a difference though and its nice to sit right in front of but its a bit noisy so it has both good and bad pints. Would be OK in a study or small space,

Date PurchasedDec 2017
GLEN D.Dimplex

Hello why not. Thanks for posting a review on our product, we really appreciate your feedback.

Goose

GooseMelbourne

Its OK Nothing Like Installed Aircon

It was a relief to have this in the bedroom but I was hoping for better performance than we got. It makes a difference is a small room but it was near useless in larger spaces unless you sat right in front of it. It needs to be set up near a window to put the widow kit and hot air exhaust pipe out, so that limits the places we could use it. My overall reaction was "meh" its OK not amazing.

Amy

AmySydney

Good enough for us

This was the first portable air con we have ever purchased, so didn’t really know what to expect. At first I was quite disappointed that the quality didn’t match built in units but once I adjusted my expectations to consider that the unit is set up in a sliding door that can never be fully insulated, I felt better about the purchase. With the vent placed directly on the bed it kept us cool through hot and humid summer days. The reverse cycle will soon come in handy. While others have complained about the noise, it never kept us up at night:m. Overall good value for a mid range unit.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
GLEN D.Dimplex

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Drewster69

Drewster69Hillman

Top unit for small rooms

We have been using this brand/type of cooling unit for the past ten years or so now and when they eventually wear out, usually after about four years, we always buy another Dimplex for replacement. We have tried many other brands and Dimplex last the longest and cool the best when used properly.

GLEN D.Dimplex

Thank you for taking the time to offer a review on our product. We very much appreciated your feedback!

Fitzy

FitzySomersby

Super loud! Sounds broken, radiates a lot of heat on the exit pipe

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Travis

TravisSmithfield plains

Works great indoors but not suitable for caravan

We originally purchased for our caravan and was assured by retailer it would cool our van on a 40degree day... NOT TRUE.. it failed to work so weve had to use in our bedroom instead... works well but not suit what we wanted it to do. And when discussed with retailer was toldit wasnt a fault

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Art House

Art HouseMatamata NZ

Falsely specified as portable, but needs to be ducted out a window

We required a portable unit able to be shifted between rooms, and ordered this unit.
The box specifies "self evaporative system - no drip tray or hose required", but when we collected the product a sticker had been added "external ducting is required to lower room temperature and dehumidify".
The unit was totally unsuitable for our purpose!! Fortunately the retailer refunded our purchase price.
Full marks to Noel Leeming NZ; but zero marks to Dimplex for false promotion

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Casey

CaseyAuburn

Can't live without it

I love my unit not only does the air conditioning component work well but the heating and dehumidifier is amazing as well not to heavy to move around and not bulky that it's takes up heaps of room, love the sleep option so it turns it self off and I don't fall asleep with it on reasonably sound in regards to how load it is, I've owned it for just under a year and i have had no problems with it at all and I constantly use it

Date PurchasedMar 2017