MPN: DIC-DC15RCBW

• Heating / Cooling Speed
  • Portability
Pat5zero
Pat5zeroSouth East Queensland, QLD

What a beauty I was surprised.

Purchased in November 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $740.00.

Rachel A.Dimplex

Hi Pat5zero, Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review, we are thrilled to hear you love your Dimplex reverse cycle portable air conditioner.

Mish KMid North Coast, NSW

Really disappointed

Purchased in February 2019 at TVSN (TV Shopping Network) for $699.00.

Hi Mish K,
Thank you for taking the time to review our product.

So Glen
Are you a robot? This product is simply a waste of money & you have no comment ?

Mark H
Mark HGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Makes summer heat bearable

I live in a summer sweat box, I'm on top of a hill and the western side of the building is completley exposed to the west, one day of temp above 30 and my apartment starts to heat up, if there is a couple of days over 30 it becomes unbearable to the point of insanity, this unit has helped me to get some sleep and remain sane. It's not cheap and it's not going to turn your house into the south pole but it if you have nothing else it's worth it.

Purchased in November 2018 for $600.00.

Hello Mark
Thanks for posting a review on our product, we really appreciate your feedback.

Justchill
JustchillSydney Surrounds, NSW

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Hello Justchill
Thanks for posting a review on our product, we really appreciate your feedback.

Portable Air Conditioners

Find out how Dimplex DC15RCBW (4.4kW) compares to other Portable Air Conditioners

Michael
MichaelMelbourne

Great little room cooler

I bought this ac for my lounge room in my new apartment and found it worked particularly well. Was initially concerned with how difficult it would be to install, however set up was relatively easy - only took a couple of minutes. Can see how it can be a little noisy on high fan speed for a bedroom, but seems more than reasonable on low-medium fan speed. Happy with it!

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Peter Phillips
Peter PhillipsAshfield NSW

Great room cooler

I needed an air conditioner that would keep my room cool in summer. This air conditioner does the job realy well. Its easy to use, easy control and easy to locate where you want it. Installation was a bit tricky but not too difficult. its not what I'd call a super quiet machine, espcially on the highest setting, but the trade off of the level of noise versus the heat reduction in the room is worth it. It easily maintains an ambient temperature of 22C in my room even when its blistering hot outside

Date PurchasedJan 2016
AnthonyBrisbane

Better than expected

I put off purchasing a portable aircon because most reviews suggested that they did not work. Finally went ahead and got myself the DC15RCBW 4.4kW. Working it in a room at the upper end of recommended space it performed really well over a hot summer. Must insulate exhaust hose and seal room. Sure it is inefficient and eats up power, but so worth it. I tended to run it on weekend afternoons and it was so great to have some coolness. Lowered ambient temp by about 4-5C, but even better when sitting a few feet in front of grill. Just the thing for renters like me. Seems like this model has been discontinued, so hopefully a new model maintains or improves on performance.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Anthony

Half way through second Summer with Dimplex aircon. Cost a bit to run, but a real life saver during hot afternoons.

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Julie
JulieTregear

I am very pleased with this purchase. It kept my room cool on our hottest day here of 46.7C. The unit is easy to move and the window kits works with my window frame.

This unit is quieter than my previous unit which lasted about 10 years.

The vents are easy to clean. When I needed to drain the unit it was a simple process as the plug is on the side and not under the unit.

So far I've only used the air con and fan settings on this unit but I have no doubt the heat and dehumidifier will also work as well.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Danielle D.Dimplex

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our product. We very much appreciate your comments!!

Dave B
Dave BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not perfect but does a job particularly in a rental property.

It is too noisy to sleep with running but cools a medium size bedroom down in 30 to 60 mins depending on temperature. It requires a window outlet to fitted into window which can be fiddly initially. remote control is great. Also it has a water drain near wheel that can be bumped that will let excess water out which may need occasional draining.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Danielle D.Dimplex

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments!!

Portable Air Conditioners

Jen
Jen

A bit disappointed

Installation was more involved when using a sliding door. The heat coming from vent pipe before it reaches outside (including an inefficient seal with the unit that leaks hot air no matter how much care in fitting) certainly reduces efficiency. I must admit that the cooling effectiveness does disappoint me. Also the short cord, and requirement not to use an extension lead, makes the unit less portable. It does cool to some extent but at temperature setting of 23 the compressor works continuously. Dread my next power bill! The main plus is that it can be uninstalled and moved if necessary.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
See all Dimplex DC10RC / DC12RCBW / DC15RCBW reviews

Jake B.
Jake B.asked
DC15RCBW (4.4kW)

I just recently bought a 4.4kw DC15RCBW about a week ago. It has been running pretty much non stop since first setting it up and now it has started to randomly stop blowing cold air for short periods while the snow flake light flashes. It continues to blow air and eventually the light goes solid again and carries on blowing cold air again . Is this normal ? Should I be concerned ? Are these designed to be run 24/7 ?

Rachel A.Dimplex

Hi Jake, Thank you for reaching out to Dimplex, Please contact our customer care team on 1800 444 357 with the model number of your unit and they will be able to assist you further. Alternatively you can email us at customer.care.ha@glendimplex.com.au

Jason G.
Jason G.asked
DC15RCBW (4.4kW)

After reading the manual book, I still don't understand how to use the heater on DC15RCBW.
If I have to attach a drain hose then the hose should have been included.

Angela C.Dimplex

Hi Jason,
HEATING & DEHUMIDIFICATION - When the heating or dehumidification functions are used the upper drain plug must be removed and a drain hose* must be attached. *Drain hose is not supplied. The drain hose needs to be 16mm and can be purchased from a hardware store.

kezza z.

Yeah but like Jason said if it needs a hose you think a unit worth $600-$999 should come with the hose needed for it to work

Hello Kezza z
The drain hose is not supplied because customer require varying lengths.

Charly M.
Charly M.asked

Hello,
I just bought this model from JB. Unpacked it today (22/12). When I set it to cool it takes a few minutes then starts running but NO AIR comes out from the vent. The exhaust has warm air but again NO AIR from the front. I called JB and already getting the runaround. This close to xmas holidays I just want to resolve it or get a replacement. Is there a trick to getting it to cool that I've missed?
Thanks in advance

Eleonore E.Dimplex

Hello Charly M
Thank you for your email query. Assuming the following>

*that the unit is set for cooling rather than either dehumidify or heating ie displaying the snowflake symbol
*that the display is holding solid (rather than continuing to flash as it will until the compressor engages)
*the exhaust hose is placed correctly so that the hot air is being vented outside
*the unit is being operated on a flat, firm surface with the drain plug in place
*air inlet and outlets are clear and unblocked
*the unit is not situated in direct sunlight
*the room being cooled is closed up as much as possible ie doors & windows closed, blinds/ curtains drawn etc

If all the above are true and cold air cannot be felt coming from the front vents, you are able to return your product to the store for replacement within the 24 month warranty period offered by the manufacturer (as long you can verify purchase details by showing original invoice).

kezza z.

Hi you might need to pull the air vent off and the exhaust hose side off (By lifting up) and switch them around

See all Dimplex DC15RCBW (4.4kW) questions

Get an answer from our members and Dimplex representatives

Compare all 3 Dimplex DC10RC / DC12RCBW / DC15RCBW