DC18 (5.3kW), DC17 (5kW)

• Portability
Deb
DebHunter Region, NSW

Horrible

We are paying this of and only used three times keeps over heating and you get the run around to get it fixed they should take it of the market cause it’s crap

Purchased in January 2019.

Noise Level
Room Type Living/Dining Area
Angela C.Dimplex
You get what you pay for
You get what you pay for

Disappointing "customer care/warranty"

This air conditioner has been used for less than 10 days over a one year period. The hose attachment to the unit failed (it is extremely flimsy and poorly designed). I called "Dimplex Customer Care" and asked if this was covered under warranty I was given a flat one word answer "nah".. Replacement cost $62.18. Hardly "Customer Care" or a decent warrenty of an expensive unit. Therefore expect to pay $62.18 for 10 days of use.

Purchased in January 2018 for $1,000.00.

Angela C.Dimplex

Good morning You get what you pay for,
The exhaust hose is a consumable and not covered under the product warranty but please contact out Customer Care team on 1300 556 816 to discuss further so we can assist you.

cindy
cindy

Good but has some flaws!

I purchased this air conditioner nearly two years ago, it is a good system, but you really need to make everything air tight, you have to block under the doors, to stop the negative air flow, and the machine itself isn't air tight where the hose meets the machine, it isn't air tight and blows out hot air, the hose isn't of the best quality it's abit flimsy, and also it's very expensive to run, but for it size and for what it is, its worth the bit of extra work, as it does take the edge off.

GLEN D.Dimplex

Thank you for posting a review on our product, We really appreciate your feedback.

Luforge
LuforgeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

"Impressively Cool"

Date PurchasedNov 2018

beckelljess
beckelljessAU

Horrible

Only a few months old a d the cooling function has gone in it. We hgave been told to rake it back to where we brought it but it will not fit in our car! Still trying to work out what to do with it. We have slate floors and they are a bit rough.. hubby was pushing it from the loungeroom to the bedroom and the wheels snapped on it. We were waking up multiple times a night to empty the little water thing as it just floods and goes everywhere otherwise and everytime it kicks in and out we get woken up.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Jel
JelDarling Downs, QLD

Saviour on a hot day regardless of its noise!

It cools down our living room and bedroom quickly. Not hard at all to move the unit around the house on a super hot day as they are on castors! Easy to uninstall / install and operate. It can be a bit noisy unless you're not bothered by it! No issue so far and still going!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
mmreview
mmreviewSydney, NSW

Either a terrible air con or a faulty model.

I tried this in both a large and small area both were dismal. A few seconds of cold air then acts like a fan blowing warmish air and does not dehumidify, so bad I question any positive reviews.It has been unusable as is perhaps a faulty model I will try to return with warranty.BUYER BEWARE will post warranty return outcome.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Butterflyky
ButterflykySydney, NSW

Love my new Portable Air Conditioner

Bought a Dimplex Portable Air Conditioner for this summer & found it very easy 2 setup,the manual is easy to follow,instructions are simple & we have quite a large area which the Dimplex Air Con cools with no trouble. I havent had an eletricity bill yet,only had it a month so pricing still to see. Im very happy with my purchase & would definitly recommend it to others. The unit isnt very loud,no more than a normal fans noise,very modern stylish design too.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Chloe.L
Chloe.LMelbourne

Too good to be true

Our house is an older house that was built back in the war for army families. It also doesn't have insulation in most of the walls, so summer gets extremely hot. Other air conditioning we have tried are nothing compared to the Dimplex. It actually brings the temperature down and cools the whole room and brings relief to the weather.
It is a little noisy but the fact that it works great makes up for it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

111SSS
111SSSBrisbane

Not that great

The unit is relatively portable but is quite loud - unless the weather is sweltering it's not worth the effort of sleeping through the noise the unit makes. To be honest, we bought it when it was so hot we just couldn't stand it anymore, so we were a bit desperate. I would say it's really no better than a fan UNLESS you fill it with ice cold water and a couple of freezer blocks. When you do this it's pretty good.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Self Evaporative, my foot!!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Simon
SimonSydney

Great for what an air conditioner needs to do

So I paid a premium but worth every cent based of the slim design and strong airconditioning!! Sound is a little loud but it's not loud that you cannot sleep through it as it does what an aircon needs to do !!!! Cool down my 33sqm investment property!!!!
Great for a window unit.. hey, at least the tenants will use the turbo function to cool the unit down and switch it off with a timer if they find it to be loud.. it's bearable aircon loud by perhaps 1decibal so do not be turned down by the word loud!!
I had it for 3 months now and it's going strong!!
Oh plus i do not need to drain it and it has a humidifying tech as well ..
Buy it if it's around 850$ Aus mark.. otherwise it's not worth in my opinion :)
Cheers

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Danielle D.Dimplex

Hi Simon.. thanks so much for your feedback. We appreciate your taking the time and are so pleased that you are so happy with the cooler.

Leigh
Leigh

Easy to setup and use

The unit was very easy to setup and get going, the window kit needs some sealing tape around the edges to create a proper seal. When not in use the unit is easy to pack up and store. Was a little disappointed in the performance of cooling down my living area but it is an exceptionally by area, the unit does do its best to bring the temperature down.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Danielle D.Dimplex

Hi Leigh - Thanks for posting a review on our product. We really appreciate your feedback.

Much better than expected

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Yannick L.
Yannick L.asked
DC18 (5.3kW)

Hi. I’ve had this unit for some time with no issues. I’ve recently noticed that when it’s on auto mode and reaches the set temperature, the compressor cuts out as expected. However, it doesn’t really seem to want to come back on once the room starts to warm up. I also tried reducing the set temp from 24 to 21 after the compressor went off at 24 and it didn’t come on for some time. When the compressor eventually came on, it ran for about 30 seconds before cutting out. I am certain it didn’t drop from 24 to 21 in that time. However, when I put it off auto mode and into high, it came on straight away and continued to cool the room. Please let me know if you may be able to help.

Ruben R.Dimplex

Hi Yannick L, thank you for your message, please contact out customer care team on 1300 556 816 (option 2 & option 2 again) directly and they will ne able to assist you with this. Thanks

Sally M
Sally Masked
DC18 (5.3kW)

how do use the dehumidifyer??

Eleonore E.Dimplex

Hello Sally M
Thank you for your enquiry.
Please email us at customer.care@glendimplex.com.au and we will be happy to forward to you the user manual for this unit.

Peter D.
Peter D.asked
DC17 / DC18

If I set the function to dehumidify, do I still need to extend hose out to nearest window. Want to relocate unit to another room

Hello Peter D
The exhaust hose must still be put out through the window when in dehumidification function.

Get an answer from our members and Dimplex representatives

Compare both Dimplex DC17 / DC18

Maximum Noise Level56 db
Auto Restart FunctionNo
Max Room Size 35
Max Room Air Flow 480 m³/h
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Replaced byDimplex DC18 (5.3kW)
ManualDownload manual