Dimplex Eco OFRC15 Range

Dimplex Eco OFRC15 Range

OFRC15TIB, OFRC15TFNB, OFRC15TIW, OFRC15TFNW

Heaters Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of heater would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.9

• Room Type
  • Heating Speed5/5 (1)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Safety
Rob

RobSydney, NSW

Could be better.

It is very lightweight and heats up quite fast. The only issue is thermometer sensor have a loud click and can make a slightly different sound when they heat up, like crackling, popping or clicking... it is annoying while you are asleep. It was quiet for the first couple of weeks of using it but then all this happened.

Purchased in May 2020 at Catch for A$180.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Heating Speed
Temperature Consistency
Room Type Small Bedroom
Angela C.Dimplex

Hi Rob,
The heaters will make a little noise as they expand and contract during heating and as they cool down. Please return the heater back to place of purchase with your purchase receipt for replacement.

Stephen R.Sydney, NSW

Designed to not last

Fortunately due to warmer climate I have not had to use this heater for about 5 years which would in effect cause the battery in the timer to go flat. To restore the battery you are supposed to leave the unit plugged in for 72 hours. This did not work. Since the item is well past warranty I am stuck with a device that is defective and has only been used probably 3 time. Last rubbish pick up in my neighbor hood I saw a lot of these at the curb.

Room Type Living/Dining Area
Eleonore E.Dimplex
Stephen R.

Well obviously, and I checked it once more to give you the benefit of the doubt. It’s on the way to the clean up.

Heats

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Carla

CarlaNSW, 2142

Good value for money

I always had oil heaters, but I decided to try this heater as it's oil free and it's supposed to be more energy efficient. I'm not sure if it it, but it definitely doesn't warm up the room as good as my Delonghi oil heater (which is the same size). The good thing about this Dimplex oil free heater is that it doesn't take long to release the heat compared to the oil heater which takes longer to warm up. But after a few hours, the oil heater seems to maintain the heat better

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Perfect for a bedroom

Pro: Very lightweight. No messy oil so no leaks and it heats up extremely fast, saving power and money. We have two of the model and put in separate bedroom. We couldn't live without dimplex in winter - it kept us warm all winter!
Con: The thermometer sensor always have a loud click, the click is a bit too loud. You can hear while you are asleep and got woken up from the loud click. Other than the click, it's a very good, heats up rapidly heater!

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Janice

JaniceSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cut your power bills in winter

I couldn't live without my dimplex in winter - it kept me warm all winter and the thermostat meant that when the power bill came i was pleasantly surprised. I could easily move it around to different rooms but the main feature is the thermostat and timer - automatic switch on/off keeps the power usage down. Forget oil filled column radiators and other forms of radiant heat.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Angie

Angie

perfect for a bedroom

Easy to assemble, easy to use, no messy oil so no leaks and it heats up rapidly saving power and money. My son suffers from chest infections in winter and having this heater on in his room at night has reduced the number and severity of winter colds this year.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Jas

Jas

Perfect!

Great size, timer settings available and anti trip feature is good
Cable is good length and quite as other brand of heaters often had weird sound from the timer
No complaint energy consumption wise we think it's good and we have a unit in 4 bedrooms and power consumption is acceptable

Date PurchasedJun 2013
Danielle D.Dimplex

Hi Jas - thank you for your review of our product. We very much appreciate your feedback!!

Feeling conned and cold

Bought what I thought was an oil heater so I was disappointed from the begining to find out it contains no energy saving oil. However, I thought I would give it a chance.

4 hours later set at 35deg in a small bedroom with closed window and door and I am still waering a fleece and feeling cold.

My old oil heater used to have the room toasty within an hour.

It also only emits heat fom the top so the cats a particularly disappointed being unable to obtain any warmth from laying next to it.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Danielle D.Dimplex

Annie BSydney

Works well

I have other older Dimplex heaters, so didn't consider any other brand, but this is the smallest one I've ever purchased. The turbo fan works very well to instantly heat a whole room. Very pleased.Without fan on, though, you need to sit pretty close to it. I'd recommend this. David Jones price matched the Good Guys for me.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Macca

MaccaAdelaide

Brilliant heater with thermostat and eco

power friendly and keeps the babies room at perfect temp everytime. we needed our bubs room to maintain a specific temp for a while and this was a simple, hassle free solution. once the room is to temp you just wind the dial til it clicks off and it will maintain that temp

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Jack

JackHobart

I like it

I bought this at the beginning of June to warm up the main bedroom. It does the job quite nicely and without any smell. It runs silently except for when the thermostat kicks in, but that noise is insignificant. I noticed in other reviews that people mentioned the bright display on the timer. My heater's timer has no light and I find it quite hard to read i.e. I have to use a torch to read it. I'm not sure if the light on my display is broken, but I'd rather not have a bright light, so no complaints from me.

Pretty good

Fast heating and the timer function is great! The display is ridiculously bright and lights up the whole of my baby's room which annoys me!!!!

jgsydney

jgsydneySydney

Great, compact heater

sam0412

sam0412Newcastle

Good safe option

Bought for babies room as safe to leave on overnight. Climate control and timer function are great. Bright display light can't be turned off, but acts as good night light for babies room! May be to cover when bubs is older. The instructions are not very easy to understand at all, still trying to work it all out (only had for 2 days)
Climate control, timer, safety
Bright light. Bad instructions

Find out how Dimplex Eco OFRC15 Range compares to other Electric Heaters

Fast and effective but has insanely bright lights.

Heater works fine and heats up fast but it has a blue screen which is so bright you could read by it, even when pointed into a wall it lights up the room. Not so good for a babies room.
Also there is some ambiguity as to how efficient it really is when it comes to prolonged use, It certainly heats up fast but whether it efficiently maintains that temperature is not so clear in the available media.
Price, speed, well constructed.
Crazy bright light you can't turn off!

Great for a small room. For example a small bedroom

I have only had this heater for two days and it heats up the room within 30mins but it is only used for a small room. If you have a bigger room, you may need to purchase something bigger. I don't feel the winter chills, its great.
inexpensive and reliable, oil free
so far nothing wrong

_mysharona

_mysharonaasked

Eco OFRC15TIB

I have this heater but haven’t used it since last winter. The power light is on. The timer is set to manual, but it won’t heat. I don’t feel safe keeping it on while I’m not here but it has been for the last 48 hours with no change. Does it just need more time plugged in?

BYKALIV

The power light is on and the timer is Manual On sounds good to go.. Is the red light on top of the On/Off switch is on or not? and have you checked the round rotation on top of the red light is turned to the max.? The round rotation is to adjust the temperature and it can auto stop when the temperature is reached to the adjusted level. Hope this helps!

GLEN D.Dimplex

Hello mysharona. Thank you for your query. If the heater has not been in use for some time, you may find that the cause of the issue, rather than being a faulty unit, may just be a flat resistor. Please charge the resistor/ timer batteries by leaving your product plugged into an active mains power supply for approximately 72 hours prior to turning on the appliance. This will ensure that the resistor is charged to capacity and should enable the unit to produce heat.

Should you find that even after allowing time to charge the unit is still not functional (assuming that the digital display shows that the unit is set to MANUAL mode), if your product is still within the manufacturer’s warranty period, please return your unit to your place of purchase along with your proof of purchase to receive a replacement of the current equivalent.

Scotty B
Scotty B

hello mysharona,

did u fix your problem? If not, I must add that I always have problems starting up my dimplex - but there is nothing wrong with it. It is just that you must use the correct combination of controls - I always get it wrong. Check your manual. I have mine going and I am not going to change the controls at all, just unplug it when it is not needed. I wish Dimplex had made the heater conrols easier to operate

Terri

Terriasked

Eco OFRC15 Range

Hello what do the Eco 2400w column heaters use for furl to heat? What is drytech also? Do you know if this heater omits CO? Also how safe are they fire wise etc?

Annie B

Hi I have one of these and it's a pyrotanic element, sort of like a stove element inside (you can't see the element). It works well, but makes a sort of rattle noise when it switches on, and the element expands with heat, during the night - a sound you get used to after a while. My black eco one has slots punched in the metal work which are dust catchers, and very tempting for little children who like to post things in holes! I also have several oil filled Dimplex column heaters, of various sizes, which are much better - no noise, extremely safe. We leave ours on, on low heat, all night to keep the bedroom air from becoming too cold. Personally, I prefer the oil-filled column heaters. None of these heaters (eco or oil-filled column) emit fumes. I can't vouch for the safety fire-wise of any other brands. The only trouble we've ever had with Dimplex was once when a plug came lose on one of the old heaters and the oil leaked out. We took it to a Dimplex repairer who refilled the oil. No trouble since, and that was about 20 years ago.

Karenasked

Eco OFRC15 Range

Hi I just purchased the heater but it's not turning on. Any suggestions?

Cherie
Cherie

Argh really?! Like not turning on at all or the timer isn't working?

Candice C.Dimplex

Hi Karen
You may find that the cause of the issue, rather than being a faulty unit, is just be a flat resistor.

Karen

Thanks, will try but it had no power at all, no light no nothing but the timer panel was working that's it, thanks.

Get an answer from our members and Dimplex representatives