Dimplex Ritz

Dimplex Ritz

MPN: RITZ-C

Heaters Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of heater would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.8

• Room Type
  • Heating Speed3/5 - 4/5 (2)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Safety
  • Smell Yes (0) · No (2)
Rahul

RahulSydney, NSW

Flame looks amazing! Heats the room well :)

Bought this heater a few months ago. We use it daily and have no issues with it. The faux flames give the room a very nice cosy feel. I find that the 2000W heating works well for our 5X5m room. I don't think this is a good heater for any room larger than this. Check out my video review here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJr-Wic9mBc

Purchased in April 2020 at eBay for A$300.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Heating Speed
Temperature Consistency
Room Type Living/Dining Area
Smell No
GLEN D.Dimplex

Hello Rahul
Thanks for posting a review on our product, we really appreciate your feedback.

Georgia

GeorgiaAU

Very realistic flame effect heater, but lacks other features that should be there

I had been looking around for a flame effect heater for some time. This Dimplex Ritz heater won in the end because of the authentic look of the logs and flame. I also liked the way it had two heat options. However unlike cheaper models, it does not have a thermostat, nor can you increase or decrease the flame brightness. These are two features that Dimplex surely could have included. Also, the unit is quite noisy to run, unlike cheaper models. This heater is quite expensive but that is probably because of the brand name. If you are after a very realistic flame effect heater, consider this Dimplex Ritz. If you want more features, go for a cheaper model.

Purchased in August 2017 for A$300.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Heating Speed
Temperature Consistency
Smell No

Cate8Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great heater for smaller rooms

This is my second winter with this heater and it works really well (and the dogs love it!). The flames are really realistic, and give a cosy ambience in a cold rental. The heat is good, heats a smallish lounge effectively except on the very coldest days and I haven't noticed any huge increase in my power bill (South Australia). Very happy with it and would buy it again.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
GLEN D.Dimplex

Hello Cate8
Thanks for posting a review on our product, we really appreciate your feedback. :)

Electric Heaters

Find out how Dimplex Ritz compares to other Electric Heaters

Ningnong

NingnongMidge point

Look for another type

The coldest nite of the year I was looking forward to warming up. Started the heater and it stopped working after 20 minutes. It is a neat compact appliance small enough to hide in a cupboard over summer. There was no explanation for the malfunction and my money was refunded

Date PurchasedJun 2017
beccag

beccagAU

Beautiful flame effect, still a fan heater

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Rebecca

Rebecca

Absolutely brilliant!

Absolutely adore this little faux fireplace/heater. Surprisingly very powerful in closed rooms/smaller (closed off) living areas.

I highly recommend to anyone interested!

The flame effect is so peaceful, and can be run without the heat settings (making it more efficient). This setting is also silent, while the heat settings have a slight pur to them.

A final note- the faux fire is very realistic.

Thank you, Dimplex.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Very disappointed

I expected that the heater would be 2 speeds, however on No. 1 setting the fan doesn't come on so it has to be run on setting 2 to get any heat out of the machine. I would not recommend this product to any of my family or friends as I am sure there are better products on the market.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
a g

a ggoulburn nsw 2580

fabulously functional and attractive!

Great heater for small spaces, heats quickly and looks realistic and attractive! Have not seen a better heater for the genuine log fire look. Would definitely purchase again and recommend to anyone. Good clean heat!
Value for money is second to none, only costing between the $250 to $300. Just great!

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Pamela

Pamelaasked

Where is this heater made?

Cate8

Sorry I don't know and i don't have the box anymore. Suggest you ask through the Dimplex website. :)

Angela C.Dimplex

Hi Pamela,
The Dimplex Ritz Electric Fire Heater is made in China.

Karen U.

Karen U.asked

Would like to know the energy rating of this heater e.g., cents per hour . . . .

Cate8

Sorry Karen, I have no idea. I don't have the box anymore and it depends on your electricity set-up/supplier /usage I suspect. Suggest you contact Dimplex or a Retailer for latest information. :)

Angela C.Dimplex

Hi Karen U,
Please refer to your current electricity bill to estimate the running costs. You will see on your bill the cost per kW hour. The Ritz Optiflame Portable Electric Fire is 2kW so multiply your kW cost per hour by 2 to estimate the running cost per hour.

Get an answer from our members and Dimplex representatives