DOD RC500S

DOD RC500S

See the Best Dash Cams in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by DOD

• Readable Number PlatesYes (5) · No (0)
  • Video Quality
  • Battery Life
  • Audio Quality
  • Night-Time Video Quality
Ivan
IvanSydney, NSW

- A V O I D -

Just stopped working (DOD Champion dashcam). Starting with no video, after that auto reset all of settings every time when cam start to recording and etc. In the begining the quality was exsellent, 2 years later a bit dark and not so sharp. The price of cam was solid, not good deal !

Purchased in May 2018 for $400.00.

More like DUD

Purchased in August 2017 at Dash Cams Australia for $509.00.

JBOFar North Queensland, QLD

Avoid Avoid

Purchased in January 2018 at Dash Cams Australia for $603.00.

Peter Has
Peter HasPerth, WA

Easy As

Installation was easy.
Setting up the camera to the app was a little cumbersome at first, but once I worked out what was required it was an easy process.
Image is clean and access to save footage easy.

Purchased in December 2019 for $307.00.

Cratinch
CratinchSydney, NSW

Unfit for purpose

Purchased in January 2017 at Dashcams australia.

Reza
RezaPerth, WA

Terrible Quality - Zero star

I purchased this DOD RC500S-2CH 18 months ago and I believe this is the time to really give my honest comments on that. since the very first days the camera goes freeze with no reason, stops working and I had to put a paper clip in my car to reset it every often. after some months when I contacted DOD they replaced it with a new one by one of their retailers, however the new one was the same rubbish, stops recording even doing format the memory card every second day as per their recommendation!
I am really regret for my decision to buy this dash cam as it is really wasting of time and money.
I won't recommend this dash cam.

Purchased in March 2018 at Dash Cams Australia for $483.55.

Matt56871354
Matt56871354South East Queensland, QLD

Sounded great but left me disappointed

Over-promised, UNDER-delivered.

WannabeTradie
WannabeTradie

Great Image but extremely unreliable

Purchased 2 of these cams about a year ago, installation was easy but immediately had issues with not recording when it should have been. Firmware update helped but still having to clear the memory every week, sometimes using a card reader as the app wont do it at times, other times it will. The video quality is excellent but that means nothing if it wont record when you need it to! Stability issues when trying to connect the rear cam as the connectors are terrible. Tried a new top of the line micro sd in each but no improvement.

stevenSouth East Queensland, QLD

I had high expectations

Robert
RobertSouth East Queensland, QLD

DUD RC500S

The phone app and the camera firmware can do with some work but are usable.

DaveHammondville

Maybe oneday they will get it right!

Royal!Melbourne

Excellent Quality

Hello,

Both my neighbor and I picked up the RC500s. The quality of videos on his camera has been very impressive.

Sadly though, I received a faulty piece which I have now sent back for replacement. Hopefully I get a replacement quite quickly.

I will post a review once I get to test the replacement cameras.

Cheers
Alan

Steve
SteveBrisbane

DOD RC 500S

If you want an easy to install (did it myself in about an hour) but very feature rich dashcam - this is the one to get. Truly a set and forget device with great clarity. Unobtrusive in the field of view you will forget it is there and you can turn off the annoying prompts and reminders (You will get tired of them very quickly) but they are there for the real geeks who love the tech. Highly recommended you will not buy better

DOD Tech AustraliaDOD

Hi Steve, thanks for sharing your feedback and we are thrilled to hear of your experience with DOD. All the best :)

Pilot-peteasked

What is the latest FW Version?
I have CB170524-1904302 69 A. Is this the latest version?

JBO

Just checked there website and it shows the same number as you mentioned dated 9th May 2019. So I assume that is the latest. I don't use it anymore due to non stop issues like resetting every 3-4 days only to have it hang or do weird stuff. Gave up and looking for a new one. JB.

Pilot-pete

Thanks JBO Might have to do the same.

stevenasked

Gday all, many have posted issues with not saving footage including myself. For those who still have one of these I have found it works much better with this card.
SanDisk High Endurance Video Monitoring Card with Adapter 32GB (SDSDQQ-032G-G46A) I have been using this SD card reliably now for at least 6 months. It is ridiculous though that these dash cams are so sensitive to what type of SD card you use. Thanks

Evil

This is hilarious because SanDisk is the brand that DOD advises _against_ using!

steven

The funny thing is, I am still using the same SD card when I posted this. Learned my lesson not to go over 32GB, I tried using the DOD utility so that you can use a 64gb and it ruined a new SD card.

Get an answer from our members and DOD representatives

CategoryDash Cams
Camera Resolution1080p (Full HD)
Channels 2
FeaturesAutomatic Incident Detection (G-sensor), GPS, Motion Detection, No Screen (Camera Only), Smartphone App and Wi-Fi
Memory TypeMicroSD card