DOD RC500S

DOD RC500S

See the Best Dash Cams in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Cratinch

CratinchSydney, NSW

Unfit for purpose

Purchased in January 2017 at Dashcams australia.

Readable Number PlatesYes
Battery Life

Reza

RezaPerth, WA

Terrible Quality - Zero star

I purchased this DOD RC500S-2CH 18 months ago and I believe this is the time to really give my honest comments on that. since the very first days the camera goes freeze with no reason, stops working and I had to put a paper clip in my car to reset it every often. after some months when I contacted DOD they replaced it with a new one by one of their retailers, however the new one was the same rubbish, stops recording even doing format the memory card every second day as per their recommendation!
I am really regret for my decision to buy this dash cam as it is really wasting of time and money.
I won't recommend this dash cam.

Purchased in March 2018 at Dash Cams Australia for $483.55.

Readable Number PlatesYes
Night-Time Video Quality
Battery Life
Matt56871354

Matt56871354South East Queensland, QLD

Sounded great but left me disappointed

Over-promised, UNDER-delivered.

WannabeTradie

WannabeTradie

Great Image but extremely unreliable

Purchased 2 of these cams about a year ago, installation was easy but immediately had issues with not recording when it should have been. Firmware update helped but still having to clear the memory every week, sometimes using a card reader as the app wont do it at times, other times it will. The video quality is excellent but that means nothing if it wont record when you need it to! Stability issues when trying to connect the rear cam as the connectors are terrible. Tried a new top of the line micro sd in each but no improvement.

steven

stevenSouth East Queensland, QLD

I had high expectations

Robert

RobertSouth East Queensland, QLD

DUD RC500S

The phone app and the camera firmware can do with some work but are usable.

DaveHammondville

Maybe oneday they will get it right!

Royal!Melbourne

Excellent Quality

Hello,

Both my neighbor and I picked up the RC500s. The quality of videos on his camera has been very impressive.

Sadly though, I received a faulty piece which I have now sent back for replacement. Hopefully I get a replacement quite quickly.

I will post a review once I get to test the replacement cameras.

Cheers
Alan

Steve

SteveBrisbane

DOD RC 500S

If you want an easy to install (did it myself in about an hour) but very feature rich dashcam - this is the one to get. Truly a set and forget device with great clarity. Unobtrusive in the field of view you will forget it is there and you can turn off the annoying prompts and reminders (You will get tired of them very quickly) but they are there for the real geeks who love the tech. Highly recommended you will not buy better

DOD Tech AustraliaDOD

Hi Steve, thanks for sharing your feedback and we are thrilled to hear of your experience with DOD. All the best :)

Mr. Happy

Mr. HappyPerth

Great Camera.

I was not satisfied with the quality of my dash cam, so I decided to research dash cams. I found the DOD RC500S-dual. I thought it was a bit pricey in the beginning but the reviews helped me to take a decision. I am happy with the quality of the recording day and night. Installation is a breeze. And the App is very easy to use. I highly recommend it. It is worth every cent.

DOD Tech AustraliaDOD

Hi Mr Happy!, thanks for sharing your feedback and we are thrilled to hear of your experience with DOD. Yes we always strive to make sure our Night Vision quality is of the highest. All the best :)

ShockersBrisbane

WOW!! DOD RC500S is the Ulimate Dash Cam Package

DOD Tech AustraliaDOD

Thanks for your review of our products, we are thrilled to hear the good news! :)

Shockers

Hi, Just to update everyone, almost 6 months has passed since installing my DOD dash cameras and very happy to report that the set up is working 100% like new. Brilliant. Just goes to show that this is a quality product. :)

Chetan

ChetanNorth Queensland, QLD

Perfect Dual Cam

Excellent Clarity both at Day & Night. It's a fabulous dash cam which can be operated by your Mobile phone via DOD app. The only downside is the price, but you get what you pay for, definitely a premium brand, I bought it with 128 GB card and the camera works even at Parking, if used with Hard wire Kit.