Dove Essential Nutrients Protective Day Lotion SPF15

Dove Essential Nutrients Protective Day Lotion SPF15

See the Best Moisturisers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Brilliant stuff (19m)

I know this product isn't really marketed towards men, but I decided to give it a go. I have skin with dry patches (exacerbated by biting cold winds) and uneven tone. This has my skin feeling feeling and looking great for hours. Also love the scent. I have skin prone to break-outs, and I'm happy to say this product hasn't caused any so far.

Only downside, the honey tint probably isn't the best for people of my lighter skin-tone. It doesn't come off as being 100% natural, but I don't really mind at this point.

Love this product

I have used this moisturiser for many years and I love it. I have found it more and more difficult to get recently. I may have to buy it online now. I just hope it doesn't disappear completely like some products.

Won't be using this product again

Although this product had the added benefit of SPF 15 (a quality I look for) within moments of me applying it to my face, I felt a burning sensation. Despite me washing it off right away, the next day my face was red and had broken out over night.
I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

Been using it for years!

I love this product. I have been using the fair cream for ages - once in a while I will grab an alternative product either because it's on sale or I can't find Dove at the time and I always regret it. I keep coming back to this product as my daily coverage.

Good

the tinted colour suits my skin well (beige) and provides a LIGHT coverage to slightly even my skin tone. i dont have time in the morning to put foundation so tinted moisturiser works great for me. If you need good coverage (for redness etc) this wont be enough though. It leaves a slight shiny appearance (not as much as other lotions) but after applying some face powder over the top it is a nice matt finish, and looks natural.
sometimes on occasions my skin can become dry and flaky in some areas, this won't cover it and makes it more visible. so not for dry flaky skin (this is the same with foundation though, need to use a good moisturiser until flakiness goes away).
Also i would use a good/better moisturiser at night.
provides a light coverage to even skin tone, light-weight lotion (not thick) so easy to apply
leaves a slight shiny appearance but can be fixed with some face powder over the top. Does not cover redness well or for flaky skin.

A wonderful daily product!

I have been using this product for years and find it light and easy to use. As an older woman I am concerned about my dry skin and the effects of the sun. I apply it as my makeup once I have moisturised my skin and with the SPF15 I am confident I am protecting my face. I use the beige as I have fair skin and it blends in well. I have very sensitive skin and haven't had any issues with this product. It is available at the supermarke, reasonably priced and lasts for ages. As I was unable to obtain it recently I did try the Nivea Q10 tinted day cream but although a similar product it is quite dark in comparision (maybe a better option for those who find the Dove shades too light.) It is made in Thailand whereas Dove is made in Australia. I would recommend both products.
Light, easy to use, skin protection,reasonably priced, available at the supermarket

I never travel without it, is super easy and feel light/smooth when applied. Is much more convenient than adding a sunscreen on top of the moisturiser.
Great everyday use, blends well. I use the lighter tint with fair skin. Can be mixed with foundation for longer wear.
I tend to put this over another moisturiser if my skin is dry, but is ok on its own normally.

Bad

I never wear foundation, but I like to wear tinted moisturisers, but sadly this does not suit my skin type or colour. Too dark and greasy for my pale skin. I like the fragrance though.
Nice tinted moisturiser if it suits your skin type
Neither colours match my skin, they are both too dark. Leaves my skin looking oily after a few hours

Good

Dove Tinted Moisturiser is perfect for the days when you don't want a full face of make-up but can't face the world bare-faced! Protecting against sun damage is perhaps one of the most important factors of maintaining any semblance of youth which is why the SPF is an excellent inclusion.
Affordable, provides light-coverage to even out skin tone without the heaviness of foundation, contains SPF 15+.
Only 2 shades available; the light is too light & the dark is too dark! I have overcome this problem by mixing the two shades before application which provides a more suitable skin colour match. Has a slightly shiny appearance

Good

I like this product for "days off" when you want a break from your make-up & foundation, it's natural looking but gives your complexion a natural glow. A nice medium moisturiser, can be a bit rich for oily/combination skin. Made my skin oily and shiny by the end of the day, but even foundation does that after 6-8hrs. Highly recommended for people who don't like to wear alot of make-up, for the price it's highly recommended.
The cost & size of the product are great, very good value for money and makes skin feel silky smooth, lasts a long time and good light coverage when you don't want to wear make-up, but want a nice natuaral glow.
Made my skin oily & shiny looking after a few hours, so not good for combination/oily skin as could trigger more breakouts. Only 2 shades, so colour matching may be a problem.

Great affordable product, beats paying a fortune for some of the high price range moisturisers which you could pay $100.00's of dollars for, and do no more than Dove.
The cost, + the 50ml tube lasts for a long time. It gives an even coverage, and is very smooth when applying, & my skin does feel silky smooth without feeling oily - seems to be absorbed into my skin. Lasts the whole day without needing reapplication.
Not a great choice of shades available.

Good

Dove was the first tinted moisturiser I had ever tried and I was pleased with my experience. Apart from the shiness and oilness I think it is really good. It feels light and better for my skin than wearing foundation everyday day. I like how it also includes 15 SPF so I don't have to apply a sunscreen as well.
It provides me with some coverage for ordinary days when I do not want to wear my foundation.
It is a bit oily, so I can look a bit shiny after applying it but that can be easily fixed with some face powder.

Good

Overall, I love this foundation! After applying it, my face looked flawless and glowing. It is a bit too oily on my combination skin, so it would be better if it was oil-free or they made one for people with oily skin. I use this when foundation is too heavy to wear, or for a great all natural look.
So affordable, the little tube lasts forever, nice smell, blends easily, medium-light coverage and SPF 15. It smooths out the skin.
It was way too oily on my skin, and there are only 2 colours to choose from, which makes it hard to match. It sometimes doesn't hide pimpes well enough

OK

This is a fairly runny fluid that will stain your hands if you don't wash it straight off. I chose the honey shade which matched my skin tone wonderfully. It absorbed quickly but ended up been a tad greasy after being on my skin for a while. The SPF is a plus but it has nowhere near enough coverage for me. I will probably end up using this product up as a suncream/moisturiser and still apply my usual mineral make-up ove the top, Just an average rating on this one from me as I believe there are better ones available.
Cheap and a good colour match.
Not enough coverage.

Terrible

First few days was great , then triggered a bad breakout -overnight , even though washing it off every night . It also made my skin feel so oily , VERY similar to a foundation.
Nice natural colour , glides on easily,Great smell,SPF 15
Created oily skin and created a break out-hard to blend in