Dream Baby Hallway

Dream Baby Hallway

Its a piece of crap.

Bought the thing tonight came home and installed in out in the hallway to barricade of the stairs. The bottom latch does not line up properly and not that easy to open/close. Save your money for something better. I would not recommend to anyone and will not be buying any more products from this company.

Good

We've used the Dreambaby gates for almost 3 years, they are still in good operating condition. The Hallway gate is used frequently throughout the day, nothing has spoilt yet. Easy to install & operate. Just need to screw the bolts in, adjust the srews to align the gate and they are good to go. Simple design that easily matches home deco.
Easy to install & operate. Simple design that easily matches home deco.

Terrible

I will never buy another product from this company and urge you to do the same if you want a quality product.

The top latch didn't latch properly. I followed the installation instructions to the letter but no matter what I did the top latch wouldn't work. I contacted the Dreambaby company but was treated with contempt by the representative. The representative even told me that the top latch wasn't necessary for safe operation. When I took the view that I wasn't willing to take that risk with my toddler he treated me like an idiot.

I had to use a drill for the bottom sections as they are wooden skirting boards, but with the right drill bit, they go in very easily. Get your hubby to put a bit of muscle into screws going into plaster and you won't even need a drill if it's all plaster. Very affordable and great for top of stairs and wide areas (mine were 106cms and they were perfect!). I'd recommend ...
Easy to install, I didn't even measure, just lined it up, and away I went. I'm renting, and when it's removed from the wall there will only be four tiny holes to fill. I bought these gates as they go safely at the top of stairs. Very easy to open one handed, and swings closed (but just make sure it's closed!), also swings both ways which is great so you can pick which way you want it to swing open (as in left or right). Seem pretty tough, my 16mnth old is a little toughy and she has shaken the roof down trying to get through these gates and they didn't budge! And the main reason, affordable! I needed two.
Not the most attractive for an ultra modern home. They blend in well and I found it hard to find chrome/wooden gates that would suit my apartment. But then they look the same as all the other gates!