Dream Baby Swing Closed

See the Best Safety Gates in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Like the gate but they don't have all replacement parts

I like the gate in general but when the bar that hooks into the side bracket bent they didn't offer a replacement bar. The only option for me was to buy a new gate. Unacceptable in my opinion! Gate is only a few years old. I won't buy this gate again. The gate I bought is the L820. Not the swing gate.

I have 3, no real problems

I have three of these, the first one took a while to install but once I got the hang of it they were easy. The first time I screwed it in but for the other two I used removable velcro picture hanging strips and it was much easier as you can easily remove and align the gate if you get it in the wrong spot.
The gate can be a little hard to lift up and open but this is actually what I like about it because you know the baby won't easily be able to open it when they get bigger.
The optional extra extensions are great if your opening is too big for the gate, they just slip on and install like normal.

Brilliant

We have this gate plus 2 extensions for the kitchen entrance-way, and it is brilliant. I love the fact the gate will swing open either way, and will automatically swing shut again when you let go. I've been to friends places with gates that just stay open and I found it a little annoying.
The lock works in 2 ways, you need to slide the latch across to unlock, and then lift the gate up and open. When bub is asleep I leave the latch unlocked so its easy to duck in and out quickly. No regrets buying this.
Swings open both ways and will shut automatically when you let go

My 18 month old can open it!!!

Was good for the first few months of having it but my 18 month old can now open it herself!! She just simply lifts the gate and pushes it open, she doesn't need to use the slide tab! I'd look around for another brand if you have a walking toddler.
Inexpensive, simple to use, one handed use.
Slide tab doesn't need to be used to open it...hence my daughter can now open it...hence it's useless as a safety gate!

Terrible

A complete waste of time for children older than 6 months. Our 10 month old figured how to open it within a few days of installation. The design is faulty. Keep your receipt if you buy this as you'll probably want to take it back. Also, while I'm ranting. Why are these gates so expensive? $NZ90 for the gate and $NZ45 for an little extension piece.....
looks good, opens both ways.
Can be opened without using the protective thumb switch, therefore makes it easy for children to open (just lift the gate and push).

Good

Great and secure. Child cant climb over and very safe. Toddlers cant open. Highly reccomend. Also great with the extensions.
Self Closing and very quick. Child cant slip through behind you.
A little fiddly to open one handed

We have had our gate for around 8 months now and it is still working perfectly.
It still keeps our 20 month old out of the kitchen as well as the dog and some adults cant even figure it out you need to lift the whole door as well as slide the little button on top.
Easy enough to install / take down.
No probs at all.
Keeps my son and the dog out of the kitchen
Avail at Bunnings
Not too badly priced (around $60 Aust)
Over time it does move within the doorway - it does come with holders to screw into the doorframe but we chose not to use them (this would combat this problem)