Dreambaby Liberty F854

Dreambaby Liberty F854

See the Best Safety Gates in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Doesn’t close properly

I bought this to keep my dogs out of the bedroom. I was dubious about the stay open function as I wanted it to close automatically behind me. It does have this feature but if you open it too wide (which isn’t very wide at all) it just stays open. This isn’t the main issue. The main issue is it doesn’t lock. When it swings closed it doesn’t catch and just sits slightly ajar. Totally useless, the dogs just use their noses to nudge it open.

Dangerous!

I can't say strongly enough - do no buy this gate! If I could give 0/5, I would. I just returned this gate to Bunnings only 3 weeks after purchase, after it fell apart for the second time. The price ($40) should have been an indication of what to expect but I figured it's a child safety gate - it's got to be made to a decent standard, right? Wrong!

The spring and screw which hold the swinging part of the gate together undid themselves the first time about one week in and the whole gate came off the frame in my hand. I put it back together using an allen key and although annoyed, I wasn't overly concerned, thinking these things sometimes happen and no harm done. That was until today which is only another week or so later and the same thing has happened again. Not only that but I noticed the plastic casing attaching the swinging part to the gate has starting cracking.

The gate was for my older child's bedroom to keep our baby out in the rare times he is beyond our hallway (Lindam - excellent quality) gate. The gate would have been used an average of 3 or 4 times a day over the few weeks it was installed as my daughter is at school all day and only uses her bedroom to sleep in.

This gate isn't just poor quality, it's downright dangerous and not fit for purpose.
The price