VerifiedMPN:26ECB5N

4.3

Jo P
Jo PPerth, WA
  26ECB5N

Fitted in place of the broken Kelvinator

Was the first one I could find that fitted where the leaking Kelvinator was (Recessed into double brick wall).
Got a 26L and condensor model in place of the old 21L. Needed a drain pipe fitted which added $100 to make $2000 installed. If it wasn't for the kids I only needed 2 kettles to have a good wash and from late December to mid April I have cold showers anyway. Clothes we wash cold and the dishwasher heats its own water. Probably an unnecessary luxury at that price.
Michael
Michael2 posts

Great system

Got rid of the tank and put this system in, I bought the unit from Bunnings for 1450dollars. I got a few quotes from various plumbers who didn't have a clue what they were talking about and wanted to charge over 2000 dollars for install. I checked DUX website who referred Cavana plumbing, the guy came out knew exactly what needed to be done change the the copper line to a bigger diameter. Quoted all inclusive install 1000 dollars. Very happy indeed, be very scrupulous in choosing a plumber many will do it wrong, from the various other quote I got . Show details ·  1
Kevin
KevinSydney, NSW2 posts

Value for money

Best value for money after checking other gas hot water system Show details ·  1
Kaushik K.
Kaushik K.2 posts
  26ECB5N

Happy with the product so far

Most of the time the unit performs well. Except when opening the hot water tap away from the unit, it takes a lot of wait time to get hot water.
If you are moving from gas tank into continuous flow please be aware that there are lot of additional costs involved in plumbing and electrical work. Its not plug and play. Show details ·  1
Overall
Noise Level
Functionality
Tilingpools.com.au
Tilingpools.com.auSydney, NSW2 posts

Very happy, very powerful

Very good system, powerful yet efficient. Captures every bit of heat by two exchangers so cheap to run than other brands. Installed by Hot Water Maintenance Caringbah. Very good service. Thanks again. Show details ·  1
rocket45
rocket45Sydney, NSW4 posts
Michael S.
Michael S.3 posts

The Hot Water Is Great!

The Dux rep on the phone was very friendly and professional and answered all my questions. The plumbers organised by Dux called Cavana Plumbers were also friendly and professional. My old system was a Rheem and let me tell you, the Dux gets hotter quicker, is quieter and the pressure is much much better. So glad I got a Dux!  Show details ·  1
Chris
ChrisSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Replaced an old Endurance 20plus with PCB issues

Still takes a while to reach the shower due to distance from unit but lovely and warm at 50 degrees. Existing control pad was not compatible but is not required- around $200 extra fitted. These units seem an improvement on older models. Show details ·  1
Christopher R.
Christopher R.Peel, WA

Ideal size for us

Ideal system for us, the water temperature is a little lower than before, 50 degrees as compared to 60 degrees on the old system, but we prefer this, and the flow rate is excellent. So, very efficient and cost effective. Hope it lasts as long as the previous one (which was 13 years!) Show details ·  1
Functionality
Heating Speed
David M.
David M.Sydney, NSW

Expectations met

I converted from off peak HWS. The main two performance criteria I was looking for when doing my research was pressure and heat. Going on some comments I found on line and having spoken with some neighbors I decided to make the move to continuous flow gas.
Once the new system was installed my expectations were met. Nice continuous hot water with pressure to match demand.
The hot water takes no longer to arrive at the spout than it did with the previous HWS.
Will it be more economical - only time will tell. Show details ·  1
Tom
Tom

Excellent product

Length of Ownership - 2 months.

Installation - Fast and efficient.

Product - Excellent. Doesn't take long for the hot water to come through. No water pressure issues experienced. I'll be checking my next utility bill to see if we've saved money as well.

Other - I have a small backyard and replacing the old huge upright tank with a small wall unit was a good decision. Show details ·  1

Maria
MariaSydney, NSW2 posts
  Verified 26ECB5N

Best product in store

We had to replace our hot water system which was a big tank, went to Bunnings and enquired about continuous flow and we were recommended the Dux Always Hot Continuous Flow and could not be happier with this product it lives up to the NAME. :-) :-) :-) :-) we had no issues using the system it runs very smoothly, we don't have to worry about releasing the valve on the system. Thank You to the people at Bunnings Bonnyrigg

Show details ·  1