Dylon SOS Colour Run

Dylon SOS Colour Run

2.3

Ineffective

I agree with SusieQ - Previous product called Dylon Runaway was brilliant in removing dye runs from white clothing. It worked every time. This product is completely ineffective. PLease bring back Runaway as there appears to be nothing else available on the market, which can remove dyes from whites despite what the labels state.

Purchased in September 2019 at FoodWorks for $10.00.

Snapper

SnapperSydney, NSW

Brilliant Product - like magic

Used both sachets in a hot wash. Put whites and colours together. DO NOT add any detergent. Results were amazing. 100% perfect. Highly recommend and made everything as new. Superb

Purchased in May 2019.

SusieQSydney, NSW

Don't waste your money

This product does not work, makes it worse. Followed instructions to the letter and when the first sachet didn't work, tried again with the second but to no avail. Fail, Fail,Fail. There used to be a product called Runaway which worked every single time without fail (despite the awful smell it created) .This is a waste of money and I am very disappointed as I think the product must has been altered in some way and is now totally ineffective.Pick up your game please, I just wasted $10 on a useless product.

VanFra

VanFra

Saved my daughters uniform - removed red dye

I tried every stain remover to get dye that was used to make slime in a science experiment that went all over the front of her uniform. Followed instructions soaking uniform in hot water and it removed all the red dye.
Another time I used colour run on a beautiful light blue knit that had been accidentally washed with red jeans. The red dye was removed and turned cardigan back to blue (Note that the blue faded slightly but better colour then what the red had made it).

Saved a baby keepsake from a fate worst than pink.

Had accidentally washed a white, 'polar animals' themed cotton baby blanket with a previously unwashed red pillowcase, I was devastated. Discovered this product with a google search and it ABSOLUTELY saved the day. Took a couple of washes but it went from VERY pink back to pristine white and the printed design survived in tact. A+ recommend.

Recommended to a bestie who had a similar laundry disaster and it totally saved her item too.

BlahBlah

BlahBlah

Don't Bother

I have used this product on 2 separate occasions. First time as directed. Second time doubled dose and soaked item in a bucket overnight. Slight improvement on second item but still no where near wearable. Wasted my money twice.

Peter Salter

Peter SalterFar North Queensland, QLD

A huge wast of money!

After following the instructions to the lettsr this product did not remove the colour run, it did lighten the original colour of the $59.95 shorts. These shorts had been washed 4 to 5 times before the colour run. In the past I have used a product called RUNAWAY, it was great. Why did this product replace it?

What a waste of money!

I washed a church vestment and the red from the trim bled all over the place! I bought this product (over $20) and I should have saved my money and my time! I will try a lemon next.

It saved the day

I used it to treat a 100% cotton t shirt that had dots of blue dye all over it. I used a sachet and followed the instructions. It worked and all the blue dye was gone within an hour. This product is amazing !!!!

Find out how Dylon SOS Colour Run compares to other Stain Removers

This worked for me thank goodness!

I bought 1.5 metres of expensive cotton/linen fabric that was striped navy and white. When I washed it at 40 degrees to my horror the navy dye had been released and the fabric came out striped navy and blue. I washed it again on its own and it didn't help. Then I went and bought colour run. I wasn't hopeful after reading the reviews, but it worked. I used a front loading washing machine.

Karen

Karen

Complete waste of money

Followed the instruction to the letter and yet this product did absolutely nothing to save my discoloured towels and socks. Not the slightest improvement and a waste of $10. Don't waste your money on this product.

Deead

DeeadBilambil Heights

Wish i'd read these reviews first :-(

Well apart from having ruined clothes from putting an article in the wash with them that I thought would be OK (obviously not!) I'm now $10 poorer as this product did absolutely nothing to "restore items stained by colour run accidents" (Dylon's words not mine!). Save your money- it doesn't work :-(

Wow so bad

I have spruiked runaway for years excellent product. Couldn't find it so bought this instead. Sachet 1 plus wash- no effect. Sachet 2 has completely bleached the stripes on my shirts. So I'm binning them plus $8.

Waste Of Money!!! It Doesn't Even Deserve A Star

Bought at Woollies for almost 10$ and wasted some energy thinking 10$ is worth investment for a pair of polo shirts but pointless. So better not put your hopes up the way I did.

Waste of money and effort

I bought 3 packets of this product to fix 2 brand new business shirts that had pink dye over them from a dress they were washed with. In previous years this product worked a treat, and I used it many times. This time it was useless. I followed the instructions for hand washing to no avail. The second time I used double quantities - still no effect at all. The new formula is a waste of money. Please go back to the old sachets that worked. There is nothing else on the market that works either. I have tried another brand which did not work either.

AJB

AJBMiddle Park

Useless

I have used this product twice in the last few years to remove red dye running and turning light items pink. It was completely useless on both occasions. As instructed, I used both sachets in the washing machine, at the recommended temperature. On the most recent occasion I was trying to remove colour run from 3 pure cotton items; I would have thought it would work fairly reliably on natural fibres. At $10 a pack, this is a pretty pricey waste of time. I feel totally ripped off.
Postscript: I kept the 3 items I dyed pink the second time, all cotton. After several regular washes, the colour came out completely. This might be worth a try if you are trying to solve a dye run problem, it's much cheaper!

It literally saved me having to buy new clothes

I didn't use this in the washing machine. I used the soaking technique and I was stunned and love this product so so much! Thank you Dylon I was so desperate and you saved my clothes!

sparkygirl

sparkygirlAU

Biggest waste of time and money

I followed the instructions to the letter and it was completely useless - didn't remove one iota of the colour run. I wish I'd read the other reviews before wasting my $10. I bought 2 boxes, and will be returning the unopened one.

Kesca

KescaACT

Did not remove the colour run at all

Jennifer

Jenniferasked

Have tried buying Dylan dye remover unsuccessfully. Please help. Chirnside Woolworths do not stock Dylan where can I purchase this product. Any help?

SusieQ

Don’t bother. It doesn’t work anyway and makes no difference at all. Save your money. What you do need if you can find it is a sachet called Runaway, but I haven’t been able to find it.

Pete

Peteasked

About to use Dylon coloursafe colour run restorer. Used it before but the box I bought in Qatar only has instructions in Norwegian! Can anyone please send me instructions in English. Thanks.

Suz
Suz

Hello Pete, I imagine you have had the translation by now from some other source? Despite the bad reviews I am going to try it, I will buy it today and send the instructions, assuming you still want them.
I had a fail result from another product call Dr. Beckmann colour run removal, and then no help at all from their customer service dept. Other people have mentioned runnaway which I have also used years ago and can't seem to find it now. Suzanne