VerifiedMPN:LM1903ESP

zyrorlSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts
Steve
Steve7 posts

Self propel function failures

At first I loved this mower for its ease of use with the self propel function. That didn’t last long though, in under 12 months of very light use it’s failed now for the 4th time. This time I only made it down my driveway from the shed, which is about 20 metres. It still mows fine, but the self propel stopped working yet again.

Each time I take it in for repair it takes between 2 and 6 weeks before I get it back, only to have it fail again within minutes!
Very frustrating, I have now requested a full replacement, so we’ll see how that goes. Show details

ForgottenIt
ForgottenItVictoria15 posts

Not what it's cracked up to be

I'm now on my 3rd battery within just over 12 months replaced under warranty and this one is as bad as the previous two.

It won't take a full charge and runs out of charge when I'm less than 1/2 way through mowing a relatively small area.
I've also swapped the charger for another new one under warranty and it doesn't make any difference.

An expensive White Elephant costing close to $1000. I'm looking around for a store that takes trade-ins for another brand currently as I've had enough. Show details

Hogscar
HogscarSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Died after 4 mows, won't start and at repairers

Purchased the mower at trade tools for $949 in April 22 and after 4 mows over 6 weeks the lawn mower won't start. Now awaiting for it to be repaired. Show details
Blizzard
BlizzardSydney Surrounds, NSW5 posts

John B
John BMid North Coast, NSW2 posts

40+ years of using a petrol mower

Having used a petrol mower for over 40 years(and numerous brands)this is a breath of fresh air. No need for ear protection,so much quieter. I set the height on the 3rd position up from the bottom using the mulch plug,worked great.
Why anyone would want to go lower than 25mm is beyond me. If you want it shorter than 25 mm, spread cement and paint it green Show details
Converted
Converted2 posts

fifi
fifi3 posts

Like a Jaguar - broken down half the time

The mower so far has spent half its life being repairs under warranty, it has cost us more money to have an ego as we have to pay someone else to mow the lawn.
No one ever calls me back, service terrible and unfortunately I regret supporting a small local business. Should have gone to Bunnings.

Love the question at the bottom "On average, how often do you use this product?"

Ive probably only used it a 8 times in over 12 month because its been with warranty repairer on 2 occasions totaling about 6 months. Show details

Robert L
Robert LSydney, NSW4 posts

The inability to lower the cutting height to less than 27mm (desired about 15mm) is a design blunder

After about 40 years of using a Victa SP petrol mower (and after reading the glowing reports) I was happy to purchase a Ego LM1903E-SP mower. The purchase was made on 4-8-2020. Very good electronics but the ability to cut lower that 27mm made me appreciate the ability of the old Victa to reduce to about 15mm. The lowest cut available with the Ego unit is ridiculous as it does not provide as neat and clean a cut. To say I am extremely disappointed was a minimum height of about 27mm is a great understatement. If Ego cannot provide some method of lowering the height I will be stuck with a unwanted heap of junk. Show details
Andrea