Victa 82V 21" Wide Cut Mower

Victa 82V 21" Wide Cut Mower

MPN: 1687892
See the Best Battery Lawn Mowers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Victa

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Battery Life
Tassie
TassieNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Not designed to turn cut grass into Lawn

Purchased in November 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $899.00.

James M
James MSouth East Queensland, QLD

If only the battery didn't die after 8 months

Initially I loved this mower as it was light with a steel chassis. After 8 months the battery wouldn't fully charge. It would charge to 3 blue lights on the battery indicator only giving me 5 minutes mowing time. A replacement battery costs between $250-$370 according to whether you go the 2 or 4 amp version which I was not willing to risk spending more money and getting the same problem so I took it back to Bunnings and swapped it for a petrol lawn mower.

Purchased in April 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $599.00.

Glenn
GlennCentral Queensland, QLD

Really good alternative to my petrol mower

I've had my 82 Volt mower for a couple of months, and I think it's great, very light weight, batteries last a long time, I mow my grass on the 3rd setting as I like to keep my grass thicker during the summer months, it mulches very well too. It's extremely quiet too. The only thing is it does not cut as finely as my old mower, but it had a quad cut blade system, so you have to expect a bit of difference there I suppose. Overall I'm very happy with it, we will have to see how it goes for the long term.

Purchased in October 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Mark S.
Mark S.

Poor quality, already falling apart

Its now just a "Vic"...because the "ta" fell off.
Runs well enough but doesn't pick up the grass and bogs down easily.
We live in Nth QLD, it was great in winter when the grass grew slowly but now in summer it can't get through the lawn, even on a high cut setting, I hade to break out my 23 year old Honda to get the job done so its a "winter only" Mower.
Disappointing from a Aussie product, but when you see the "made in China" stickers on the mower itself you understand why its cheap and rubbish.
Should have bought a Stihl :(

Update..
Within six months of purchase the batteries were useless, wouldn't run the mower for more than 5 minutes. Returned it to Bunnings for a refund and I bought another Honda.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $850.00.

Jeff
JeffLaunceston, TAS

Very good, with one flaw.

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $893.00.

paulneriKingston 2604, ACT

A fearsome beast but heavy for older folk.

Purchased in October 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $929.00.

paulneri

Edit: penny dropped as to why the mower seemed unusually heavy and its partly due to the large catcher being full of grass! Common sense, I know. So... if you ain't the spring chicken you once were might be best to use the mower without the catcher.

Never again sorry

Had high hope for this mower but was greatly disappointed. The positives are plenty of power, light weight, good battery run time. The negatives are the lowest setting the mower drags on the ground making pushing very demanding. The next setting the cut is to high. The worst of all is the refusal to pick up clippings even when very dry, just leaves it behind like with a mulching plug in. You would think the manufacturer would have done a bit more field research before releasing a dud. No way I be tempted to buy another electric mower again

Purchased in June 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $899.00.

Suraya
SurayaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Too Easy

Because of stage 4 lockdowns my gardener hadn't been able to come & mow my lawns. Being a widow i needed something that was easy to use. After extensive research & lawn getting worse i decided on the Victa 82V, 21" wide cut. Bought it from bunnings which inc 2 2AH batteries & charger for $929.00. From opening the box to assembly, to completely mowing the backyard lawn it took me 2.5 hrs. Being unfamiliar within this area, as my partner mowed while i gardened, the Manual for assembly could've been more detailed but otherwise i highly recommended this product. Am now looking at buying the Victa whipper snipper.

Purchased in August 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $929.00.

Paul
PaulSydney, NSW

Good quality, very satisfied

Setup was a breeze. Cuts well. I like the metal deck, the quality is good. Battery charges fast and so far it lasts well enough. I won’t be going back to petrol after this.

Purchased in August 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $695.00.

rogerthat
rogerthatAU

Pretty good. better than expected.

We've had ours about 2 years. The missus loves the fact that she doesn't have to be a 2 stroke whisperer to get it started. Mows our tough Queensland lawn pretty well. Will do about 120m2 before it conks out. That's most of our lawn. Have a cold drink and finish it off later. We'll invest in the whipper snipper one day, but the batteries are expensive. Batteries + electric motor are definitely the future. They'll only get better.

Purchased in September 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $499.00.

John
JohnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good battery powered mower

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $599.00.

George O.
George O.Sydney, NSW

Pretty good

Replaced an old Enviromower, which required two batteries to get around the lawn, this does front & back (about 350sq,m) on one charge. We mulch always so catcher not used ever. No probs with cutting height but we do use the lowest. Noisier than the old one, but more powerful and maybe 30% wider cut? so faster. Build quality is average, handle flexes a bit but doesn't really affect it in use.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $599.00.

Mike west
Mike west

Love the battery power

Love the concept and the battery life. Does a good mow but I find it hard to push through lush buffalo that is fairly short. Also the height adjustment seemed to be reversed so there was little adjustment at the lower end with multiples at the top end. I had to file a notch for the preferred height. All in all good exercise.

Purchased in November 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Blueglow
BlueglowHunter Region, NSW

Just Bought

Purchased in January 2020 for $849.00.

big-m
big-mHunter Region, NSW

This may rival a petrol mower.

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.