MPN: 1687892

See the Best Battery Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Didn't get as far as mowing

Returned the first to Bunnings due to broken wheel, before using it. Returned 2nd with broken height lever noticed while assembling. Not sure if this delivery got dropped or something considering the positive reviews, didn't risk a 3rd, got my money back.

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $499.00.

Works well enough, but it needs tweaks and improvements

The electric Victa 80v mower model number 1696788, my old was Victa petrol.
I hate the smell of petrol, mixing two stroke, check the oil, noise, pull start. And with all the things I don't like about the petrol mower I did expect some things not to be as good as I would like. And I was right.
Issues with it
1. the front of the mover is way to low, therefore gets stack on the grass in front of it, (they trying to make it too safe I think, C'mon Victa give us some credit)
2. the blades do not flick the cut grass hard enough to get to the catcher, so it works like a mulching. looking under, the grass gets stuck on the front and the sides rather than flow to the catcher. The patrol blades are better design. Victa is cost cutting here, and should be penalized.
3. cuts very high. about 25mm higher than the petrol one.

That said, it is still a decent mower if you cut the grass more often,
Battery would last for my front and back yard about 12x20m
I use a trimmer beforehand so after trimmer I have to recharge to last the cut.
All the issues are fixable which I did on my mower but it would void your warranty. The harder

Purchased in October 2018 at ebay tandem_lawnmowers for $470.00.

Battery Life

Wow, It works! So surprised!

I was so hesitant with purchasing the mower. But I gave it a try anyway. I have buffalo grass which most know its pretty thick. I was very concern it would not have enough power to cut through. Nevertheless, I ended up purchasing the 82V 21Inch and the edge trimmer at the same time.

1. Charging the battery took 30 mins as advertised.
2. The Mower is light as I have a funky shoulder. (love this)
3. I didn't use the catcher at all and used the mulch feature (OMG I Loved that)! No clippings!
4. I did roughly 130 Sqm Lawn (small-ish) and did NOT have to recharge and have two bars (out of 4 remaining). Also I did one section of the lawn 3 times as I was getting use to the mower.
5. I tried the whiper sniper, not as powerful as the petrol honda that I have, but still damn good!
6. 5 Year warranty! 2 Year on the batteries.
7. SO FRIGGIN quite! I can't get over the low noise it makes. I could have a conversation while mowing the grass!

Overall, I'm blown away that it worked so well. My only criticism is It left some of the grass on the hill at different cuts. That said I think it may have been me and not the mower itself. Keep the innovation coming Victa, improve the battery and you will own the market!

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $899.00.

Product is used: Occasionally

Very happy with it.

I detest mowing due to the noise, vibration and fumes of petrol mowers. I had read lots of reviews and was a little doubtful when buying the mower but I am pleased to report it does everything I need it to. We are on a large rural block and the houseyard has lots of gardens and fruit trees, this mower is delightfully maneuverable, quiet and gets the job done even if the grass is merely civilised paddock grass and long. Had no issue with wet grass either. The battery charges rapidly (make sure its pushed all the way i to the charger) and I can mow my whole lawn with one charge. I can mow up to my beehives and the bees dont chase me because its not noisy or smelly. Super easy to start, push the button, hold up the power bar and off you go. Catcher is a bit flimsy and small capacity but it means the mower doesnt weigh a ton to push. I would buy this mower again.

Purchased in June 2019.

Thanks for your comments and support Regards Briggs and Stratton Aust

Dissapointing

Victa 82V 2Ah battery.
Missleading cutting height advertised. (Measured from body not blade)
Have prox 350 sq mtr yard, will not do in one go without recharge.
Grass catcher is very poor unless cut very high and mow again may catch most clippings. (dont attempt if slighty damp)
Research of Catcher; Suggests will not last. After 2-3 years will need to start patching up. I have looked at a petrol Victa catcher (same as mine) prox 3years old had duct tape all over it plugging holes and seams splitting.
If you have well manicured lawn that is done often, this may be ok for you.
If you (like me) do the lawn when it starts to look a bit scruffy, expect up to double labour for a good job.
My first try on electric mowers & considering the extra price and performance, I think I will go back to petrol.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings for $500.00.

Much better than expected

Wasn't sure how this would go but had it for just over two and a half years now and never use my Honda 4 stroke .... I bought the Victa initially because my old dog would get over excited when I dragged the petrol mower out (or even mentioned it).... The Victa being quiet and fume free etc didn't excite her at all... All good... She's long passed now but I still use the Victa every week to do my lawn and my neighbours front lawn (keeps the street scape lookig good)... The Victa does both properties on just over one battery charge - mine came with two 2amp hour batteries so no problem. Plenty of power, ... quiet,... clean, .... very happy.

Purchased in September 2016 at Bunnings for $780.00.

Product is used: Weekly

Better than petrol mowers!

Following my earlier review where I was plagued by some simple quality control issues with the original machine, I have been totally happy with the replacement Victa 82VWMK 21" mower.

I had an MTD Yardman self-propelled with a 6hp Briggs & Stratton motor in perfect condition. It used to stall in long grass, whereas the Victa 82V doesn't as the torque of the electric motor is so strong from virtually zero revs. It increases the power automatically as required. The convenience of being able to stop and start the mower without effort is another advantage, when needing to move between lawns or move hoses, etc.

I've used the mower with and without the mulch plug installed and it does a great job both ways.

I have a Rover Mini Rider that I now rarely use as the Victa is light and easy to push, cuts very well, and goes closer to the edge than the Mini Rider, so the whole job is done quicker.

Don't make the mistake of thinking this is a weak, battery-powered toy. It's a very powerful, quiet, non-polluting mower that is a pleasure to use. It's so nice not to be breathing fumes and to not have to refuel with dangerous fluid. No oil changes either. I've never had to change the battery over mid-mow (2 are provided). My buffalo lawn is about 800 m2, so bigger than most.

Purchased in December 2018 for $799.00.

Wet / Damp Grass Performance

Quiet sound than other product mowers

It is easy to use . And light weight and even my 10years old child can use it.
Maybe need extra battery for mowing all place if your place have not small .
I do 30 mins around and then battery light become 2light so ,it is better to charge every time when you finished mowing .
Catcher is quite enough size ,I think same as other products. I love this mower because not noisy . Other Petrol product are really very noisy.

Purchased in December 2015.

Product is used: Weekly

Terrible product, stay away!

Terrible product. Didn’t even get one use out of it. Tried to charge the battery before first use. Battery charger flashing red, followed trouble shooting steps. No good, battery is faulty from factory. Dodgy cheap machine, stay away. 82v technology not good enough.

Purchased in February 2019 for $499.00.

Product does not meet specifications

Having used another brand of electric mower I expected a bit more from this one.

Firstly the mower took 50 minutes to charge not the 30 advertised.

Secondly it only lasts 12m on a charge. My lawn is not large and takes me just under 20m with my 20 year old petrol mower. It says up to 40 minutes use. Maybe if you weren't actually cutting any lawn...

The battery gets too hot and you then have to wait 45m for it to cool down to charge.

Realistically you are talking 1hr 40m between uses. So much for 30 minute charge.

I have DeWalt gear and have never had to wait for a battery to cool down to charge. Obviously poorly designed.

It does not handle remotely thick grass at all. When I say thick I mean 10 day since last mow manicured cooch lawn on the highest setting. Nothing tall at all. It Bogs down and leaves grass standing requiring you to slow down To a very slow pace or give it second pass.

The packaging in wrong. Check the Wh and Ah ratings for a chuckle.

Overall very disappointed. I am returning it to buy a DeWalt or Ego unit.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Unsatisfactory quality

The instruction manual for this mower is very poor and leaves too much to the judgement of the user. I found two of the main fitting bolts badly rusted on delivery but decided to live with them after oiling them to fix the nuts. It is impossible to tighten the handles sufficiently so when in use, the looseness of the handles is a worry. The battery jammed in the battery bay and so had to seek dealer help to get it out. One of the plastic tightening levers has already split and I cannot see the plastic holder for the red safety plug lasting more than a few months at most.

Apart from that, it gives an excellent cut but it is so sad to see such an iconic Australian brand selling really cheap materials in this mower. I will be very surprised if it last 2-3 years, whereas my old Victa lasted over 30! A modicum of quality control in selection of materials and a good edit of the manual are two places to start, Victa, if you are reading this.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Cuts Grass Well, you have to get 2 batteries, needs some minor tweaks

I purchased this lawn mower for my mother as she cannot pull start a lawn mower and the old heavy electric start mower was getting old, and wouldn't start before the battery went flat.

At the the time there was no 8Ah Battery so 2 x 4Ah batteries does the job, and has the benefit of using one while the other charges, so we can mow continuously until done.
2 batteries does the entire house with a lot of thick grass in the back, (uses just over 1 battery), and less thick grass in the front and nature strip.
Usability is great although I don't like the dead mans handle to keep it running, and the push button combination to start confused my mother for ages. Removing the battery from the mower takes finger strength, (You have to push the battery in to release the clip lock) and my mother cannot do it. So I have to change the batteries every time I see her so she can keep on mowing. (Victa please think of the elderly).

My mother wants to cut the grass lower then the unit allows, (the blades are situated HIGH up deck) and the Victa rep tells me it by design for healthy grass. OK I accept that, BUT the biggest issue is the front lip of the mower is LOW and DRAGS on the grass. If the blades were a little lower and the height adjustment modified to suit, then the deck of the mower wouldn't drag on thick grass making it easier to push.
This is a design flaw, You can't use its lowest height setting (which is still a lot higher then a normal mower) on thick grass, like KiKuYu or Buffalo.

Motor power, battery life, fast charger, etc is all great. It can cut like a petrol mower, no question.
Victa Please fix this issue for 5 stars.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great mower but poor quality control

I bought a Victa 82V 21" mower in December 2018.
• Charged the battery for 35 minutes
• Inserted the battery firmly.
• Started the mower and mowed a small lawn with soft grass.
• Stopped and started OK a few times.
• Went to start again but failed to start.
• Battery was showing 3 lights.
• Removed and replaced same battery.
• Still no start.
• Changed battery for fully charged (4 lights) second battery.
Still no start.

Wrenched my back loading it into my station wagon to return the faulty mower to Bunnings. They tested the mower with the same results and gave me a new replacement on the spot.

Unloaded via a ramp and fitted the handle. Short one bolt, so back to Bunnings who gave me one off the original returned mower.

So a mixed review - very happy with the purchase but I'm still suffering from back pain that originated a couple of silly product quality control failings.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

WIfe Loves it

I have a small back yard and a large area (500 sq m) of a reserve that gets mowed to lawn levels. The grass in the reserve was pretty thick when I first mowed it and it handled it with no problems and 2 batteries.
I had a hernia operation and mowing is out for awhile. My wife has to mow our yard and she loves it - even cut - light to use, quiet. My 20+ year old Victa (still goes but the wheels are a bit wobbly) was not a mulching machine but the new electric one is and does a really good job with mulching .
Very happy with it

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Best mower I've ever had!

Excellent cut, plenty of power and the battery life is great, it's also quiet. I also bought the hedge trimmer and line trimmer. All first class! I can't understand why everyone doesn't have these products. Also, youu don't need to use the catcher as the mulching works really well without any obvious grass left on the lawn

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Worst mower built

Vght its victa 82v does worst job of lawn had a victa 2stroke for years when it died . Bought a victa 82volt BIG mistake you have to work twice as hard to mow lawn its as if blades are to high up in mower it doesn't roll easy like petrol mowers

Date PurchasedJun 2018

this thing is amazing

I purchased this mower the 82v wide cut Victa at Bunnings last month. I didn't know what to expect and it's pricey, but worth it. I have a half acre block which is about half grass. I get thru it all no problem on one battery! I don't even need the second battery... it mulches well and runs beautiful. there's no oil or pull cord, no petrol and best of all it looks like a normal mower with an electric engine... because it is!

I store mine upright which is a feature Victa advertise. a petrol mower won't fit in my shed normal side down..

I give this 82v wide cut Victa a 10/10 it's wide cut and makes short work of my large lawn. it's about as loud as an air-conditioning system, but it cuts like a quality petrol mower.

well done victa

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Did the sums.....

Every visit to my local mower shop is $100 +. Most often they tell me the petrol 'is off'. (I don't mow regularly as I travel a bit)
Therefor - the new elec. Victa has paid for itself already! And my wife uses it! (Regularly!) like the idea of upgrading the trimmer to elec., use the same battery. Will check weight first.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Works for me.

Not had it for long, just a few weeks, but initial thoughts are - I like it!.

Have a large lawn to mow and use a John Deere for that, but have a small area which is difficult to mow with the large mower, so decided to buy a smaller mower for convenience. Pretty expensive for what it is (has steel casing, but most other components are plastic - wheels included, so going on past experiences with other modern products, it's overall lifespan probably won't be all that great. It's simply the 'throw away' mentality of manufactures these days.

Not having to worry about fuel and oil is a great boon. Just have to be aware that the battery will need charging before use and in that respect the battery only takes half an hour to charge. The battery isn't cheap to replace so here's hoping I get a decent run with it before it needs replacing - likewise the motor itself.

The handle fold down feature is good, The only thing that I find inconvenient with it, is that the overall handle arrangement is rather wide, making it difficult to run the mower itself alongside a fence-line to get a close cut next to the bottom rail.

I get around 40 minutes run time with it which is more than ample time for what I require.

Overall, I simply love the idea that if I have a few minutes to spare, I can grab the mower, no fuss with the starting of it - (press a button and pull on a lever and you're away). It cuts well and the turbo charge is handy when the grass gets a little thick. No fueling up or having to contend with stale fuel issues - no temperamental choke - tip the mower upside down to inspect underneath with zero spillage form either fuel or oil - just go ahead cutting grass. My job is done in less than fifteen minutes. Perfect for what I require it for so far.

I hope the association continues, but this depends upon on it's durability. So Victa, you're on notice.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Clean Cut Grass Is The Best Revenge

Don't you love it when you have a little secret about something so great, that when other people mock, snigger and ridicule, it makes the satisfaction that much more gratifying? That's what this mower does.

What do the neighbours say?

"Nah I'm not going electric - they're not powerful enough."
"Not for me, they don't feel like a real mower."

What do visitors say?

"Wow, your grass looks great."
"You've got the best grass in the street."

And I chuckle quietly to myself.

So the verdict on the Victa 82V: It has completely changed my mowing experience. I know it sounds silly, but it's no longer "THAT chore" that I would always try and put off for another day because of the effort involved, the change of clothes, the fumes and smelly, oily hands - not to mention the trips to the servo for fuel.

Seriously, I get home from work on a weekday and think hmmm the grass looks long. I open the garage. Pull out the mower. Press one button while pulling one lever and, using the mulching process which requires no catcher or dumping loads of grass, a few minutes later I'm done - and I'm still in my work clothes. I have a regular footpath to do, the shared area between my house and the neighbour's, and a quarter of a backyard due to a pool taking up a major portion of land. I'm telling you, the whole mowing thing, is now just a thing of the past. I couldn't be more satisfied!

WHY I CHOSE THIS MODEL
Simple - it's built as robust as any mower I've owned though weighs a heap less due to the lack of a burdensome petrol motor. What about power you ask? More than plenty. This model has an automatic turbo mode which boosts the revs significantly and chews through my cooch in the back really easily. The front grass is a broad bladed buffalo type of thing which only requires the mower working on the low power mode. The battery is awesome - I get two full mows out of it. Or, I mow and whipper snip and still have charge for another mow (that's a great gadget too btw).

Seriously, this mower has been a revelation for me. I'm inherently lazy. And this mower makes me feel as if I'm merely walking over my grass because of the drastically reduced 'effort' required to mow. I would never go back to petrol. Do yourself a favour and change your life with this mower. And as I type this, I see my neighbour getting back from the BP with his petrol I presume. I'm going for a cold one.

Cheers!

UPDATE: A year later, the battery has packed it in. Bunnings swapped it no worries. But if this next one suffers the same fate, I will drop my 5 star rating. The mower's still great though!

Purchased in April 2018 for $500.00.

Product is used: Occasionally