Victa 82V 1687892

Victa 82V 1687892

Better than petrol mowers!

Following my earlier review where I was plagued by some simple quality control issues with the original machine, I have been totally happy with the replacement Victa 82VWMK 21" mower.

I had an MTD Yardman self-propelled with a 6hp Briggs & Stratton motor in perfect condition. It used to stall in long grass, whereas the Victa 82V doesn't as the torque of the electric motor is so strong from virtually zero revs. It increases the power automatically as required. The convenience of being able to stop and start the mower without effort is another advantage, when needing to move between lawns or move hoses, etc.

I've used the mower with and without the mulch plug installed and it does a great job both ways.

I have a Rover Mini Rider that I now rarely use as the Victa is light and easy to push, cuts very well, and goes closer to the edge than the Mini Rider, so the whole job is done quicker.

Don't make the mistake of thinking this is a weak, battery-powered toy. It's a very powerful, quiet, non-polluting mower that is a pleasure to use. It's so nice not to be breathing fumes and to not have to refuel with dangerous fluid. No oil changes either. I've never had to change the battery over mid-mow (2 are provided). My buffalo lawn is about 800 m2, so bigger than most.

Purchased for $799.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance

Quiet sound than other product mowers

It is easy to use . And light weight and even my 10years old child can use it.
Maybe need extra battery for mowing all place if your place have not small .
I do 30 mins around and then battery light become 2light so ,it is better to charge every time when you finished mowing .
Catcher is quite enough size ,I think same as other products. I love this mower because not noisy . Other Petrol product are really very noisy.

Purchased .

Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Product is used: Weekly

Terrible product, stay away!

Terrible product. Didn’t even get one use out of it. Tried to charge the battery before first use. Battery charger flashing red, followed trouble shooting steps. No good, battery is faulty from factory. Dodgy cheap machine, stay away. 82v technology not good enough.

Purchased for $499.00.

Product does not meet specifications

Having used another brand of electric mower I expected a bit more from this one.

Firstly the mower took 50 minutes to charge not the 30 advertised.

Secondly it only lasts 12m on a charge. My lawn is not large and takes me just under 20m with my 20 year old petrol mower. It says up to 40 minutes use. Maybe if you weren't actually cutting any lawn...

The battery gets too hot and you then have to wait 45m for it to cool down to charge.

Realistically you are talking 1hr 40m between uses. So much for 30 minute charge.

I have DeWalt gear and have never had to wait for a battery to cool down to charge. Obviously poorly designed.

It does not handle remotely thick grass at all. When I say thick I mean 10 day since last mow manicured cooch lawn on the highest setting. Nothing tall at all. It Bogs down and leaves grass standing requiring you to slow down To a very slow pace or give it second pass.

The packaging in wrong. Check the Wh and Ah ratings for a chuckle.

Overall very disappointed. I am returning it to buy a DeWalt or Ego unit.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Unsatisfactory quality

The instruction manual for this mower is very poor and leaves too much to the judgement of the user. I found two of the main fitting bolts badly rusted on delivery but decided to live with them after oiling them to fix the nuts. It is impossible to tighten the handles sufficiently so when in use, the looseness of the handles is a worry. The battery jammed in the battery bay and so had to seek dealer help to get it out. One of the plastic tightening levers has already split and I cannot see the plastic holder for the red safety plug lasting more than a few months at most.

Apart from that, it gives an excellent cut but it is so sad to see such an iconic Australian brand selling really cheap materials in this mower. I will be very surprised if it last 2-3 years, whereas my old Victa lasted over 30! A modicum of quality control in selection of materials and a good edit of the manual are two places to start, Victa, if you are reading this.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Cuts Grass Well, you have to get 2 batteries, needs some minor tweaks

I purchased this lawn mower for my mother as she cannot pull start a lawn mower and the old heavy electric start mower was getting old, and wouldn't start before the battery went flat.

At the the time there was no 8Ah Battery so 2 x 4Ah batteries does the job, and has the benefit of using one while the other charges, so we can mow continuously until done.
2 batteries does the entire house with a lot of thick grass in the back, (uses just over 1 battery), and less thick grass in the front and nature strip.
Usability is great although I don't like the dead mans handle to keep it running, and the push button combination to start confused my mother for ages. Removing the battery from the mower takes finger strength, (You have to push the battery in to release the clip lock) and my mother cannot do it. So I have to change the batteries every time I see her so she can keep on mowing. (Victa please think of the elderly).

My mother wants to cut the grass lower then the unit allows, (the blades are situated HIGH up deck) and the Victa rep tells me it by design for healthy grass. OK I accept that, BUT the biggest issue is the front lip of the mower is LOW and DRAGS on the grass. If the blades were a little lower and the height adjustment modified to suit, then the deck of the mower wouldn't drag on thick grass making it easier to push.
This is a design flaw, You can't use its lowest height setting (which is still a lot higher then a normal mower) on thick grass, like KiKuYu or Buffalo.

Motor power, battery life, fast charger, etc is all great. It can cut like a petrol mower, no question.
Victa Please fix this issue for 5 stars.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great mower but poor quality control

I bought a Victa 82V 21" mower in December 2018.
• Charged the battery for 35 minutes
• Inserted the battery firmly.
• Started the mower and mowed a small lawn with soft grass.
• Stopped and started OK a few times.
• Went to start again but failed to start.
• Battery was showing 3 lights.
• Removed and replaced same battery.
• Still no start.
• Changed battery for fully charged (4 lights) second battery.
Still no start.

Wrenched my back loading it into my station wagon to return the faulty mower to Bunnings. They tested the mower with the same results and gave me a new replacement on the spot.

Unloaded via a ramp and fitted the handle. Short one bolt, so back to Bunnings who gave me one off the original returned mower.

So a mixed review - very happy with the purchase but I'm still suffering from back pain that originated a couple of silly product quality control failings.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

WIfe Loves it

I have a small back yard and a large area (500 sq m) of a reserve that gets mowed to lawn levels. The grass in the reserve was pretty thick when I first mowed it and it handled it with no problems and 2 batteries.
I had a hernia operation and mowing is out for awhile. My wife has to mow our yard and she loves it - even cut - light to use, quiet. My 20+ year old Victa (still goes but the wheels are a bit wobbly) was not a mulching machine but the new electric one is and does a really good job with mulching .
Very happy with it

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Best mower I've ever had!

Excellent cut, plenty of power and the battery life is great, it's also quiet. I also bought the hedge trimmer and line trimmer. All first class! I can't understand why everyone doesn't have these products. Also, youu don't need to use the catcher as the mulching works really well without any obvious grass left on the lawn

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Worst mower built

Vght its victa 82v does worst job of lawn had a victa 2stroke for years when it died . Bought a victa 82volt BIG mistake you have to work twice as hard to mow lawn its as if blades are to high up in mower it doesn't roll easy like petrol mowers

Date PurchasedJun 2018

this thing is amazing

I purchased this mower the 82v wide cut Victa at Bunnings last month. I didn't know what to expect and it's pricey, but worth it. I have a half acre block which is about half grass. I get thru it all no problem on one battery! I don't even need the second battery... it mulches well and runs beautiful. there's no oil or pull cord, no petrol and best of all it looks like a normal mower with an electric engine... because it is!

I store mine upright which is a feature Victa advertise. a petrol mower won't fit in my shed normal side down..

I give this 82v wide cut Victa a 10/10 it's wide cut and makes short work of my large lawn. it's about as loud as an air-conditioning system, but it cuts like a quality petrol mower.

well done victa

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Did the sums.....

Every visit to my local mower shop is $100 +. Most often they tell me the petrol 'is off'. (I don't mow regularly as I travel a bit)
Therefor - the new elec. Victa has paid for itself already! And my wife uses it! (Regularly!) like the idea of upgrading the trimmer to elec., use the same battery. Will check weight first.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Works for me.

Not had it for long, just a few weeks, but initial thoughts are - I like it!.

Have a large lawn to mow and use a John Deere for that, but have a small area which is difficult to mow with the large mower, so decided to buy a smaller mower for convenience. Pretty expensive for what it is (has steel casing, but most other components are plastic - wheels included, so going on past experiences with other modern products, it's overall lifespan probably won't be all that great. It's simply the 'throw away' mentality of manufactures these days.

Not having to worry about fuel and oil is a great boon. Just have to be aware that the battery will need charging before use and in that respect the battery only takes half an hour to charge. The battery isn't cheap to replace so here's hoping I get a decent run with it before it needs replacing - likewise the motor itself.

The handle fold down feature is good, The only thing that I find inconvenient with it, is that the overall handle arrangement is rather wide, making it difficult to run the mower itself alongside a fence-line to get a close cut next to the bottom rail.

I get around 40 minutes run time with it which is more than ample time for what I require.

Overall, I simply love the idea that if I have a few minutes to spare, I can grab the mower, no fuss with the starting of it - (press a button and pull on a lever and you're away). It cuts well and the turbo charge is handy when the grass gets a little thick. No fueling up or having to contend with stale fuel issues - no temperamental choke - tip the mower upside down to inspect underneath with zero spillage form either fuel or oil - just go ahead cutting grass. My job is done in less than fifteen minutes. Perfect for what I require it for so far.

I hope the association continues, but this depends upon on it's durability. So Victa, you're on notice.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Clean Cut Grass Is The Best Revenge

Don't you love it when you have a little secret about something so great, that when other people mock, snigger and ridicule, it makes the satisfaction that much more gratifying? That's what this mower does.

What do the neighbours say?

"Nah I'm not going electric - they're not powerful enough."
"Not for me, they don't feel like a real mower."

What do visitors say?

"Wow, your grass looks great."
"You've got the best grass in the street."

And I chuckle quietly to myself.

So the verdict on the Victa 82V: It has completely changed my mowing experience. I know it sounds silly, but it's no longer "THAT chore" that I would always try and put off for another day because of the effort involved, the change of clothes, the fumes and smelly, oily hands - not to mention the trips to the servo for fuel.

Seriously, I get home from work on a weekday and think hmmm the grass looks long. I open the garage. Pull out the mower. Press one button while pulling one lever and, using the mulching process which requires no catcher or dumping loads of grass, a few minutes later I'm done - and I'm still in my work clothes. I have a regular footpath to do, the shared area between my house and the neighbour's, and a quarter of a backyard due to a pool taking up a major portion of land. I'm telling you, the whole mowing thing, is now just a thing of the past. I couldn't be more satisfied!

WHY I CHOSE THIS MODEL
Simple - it's built as robust as any mower I've owned though weighs a heap less due to the lack of a burdensome petrol motor. What about power you ask? More than plenty. This model has an automatic turbo mode which boosts the revs significantly and chews through my cooch in the back really easily. The front grass is a broad bladed buffalo type of thing which only requires the mower working on the low power mode. The battery is awesome - I get two full mows out of it. Or, I mow and whipper snip and still have charge for another mow (that's a great gadget too btw).

Seriously, this mower has been a revelation for me. I'm inherently lazy. And this mower makes me feel as if I'm merely walking over my grass because of the drastically reduced 'effort' required to mow. I would never go back to petrol. Do yourself a favour and change your life with this mower. And as I type this, I see my neighbour getting back from the BP with his petrol I presume. I'm going for a cold one.

Cheers!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

4 years, still running great!

Bought this one from Bunnings after researching online and reading online reviews. It works great, starts almost instantly even if not in use for months. Its quite powerful, and easy to use and maintain.

I do sometime wish to have purchased the bigger model with bigger blade and catcher...helps to finish the job faster with less breaks in-between. Overall happy with the purchase.

Date PurchasedMay 2014

It gets the job done

Battery powered firstly, it's really light and only takes 30 ish minutes to charge so it's not a hassle to start up and use at all if your used to 2-stroke engines. The wheels have a lot of grip on them so if you need to step outside the grass for mowing rougher patches it can handle that. It's well built and can take a beating, but it's really expensive.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

powerful machine

the mower is powerful, it is easy to push even for female. it is not cheap as it is more than 300dollars, but i think it is worth the money, the grass were cut nicely, shorter time, it is not smelly, a bit noisy as the others. i do recommend.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

great machine

Cutting result is good, very powerful.
the good thing is this machine come with 2 batteries and quick charger. so you can use one battery as while recharge other one .
the mower feel little bit heavy.but still ok.
Machine can adjust the speed automatically according to the load.
so the total tuning time is quite good.
No maintain needed.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Could be a perfect mower.

All Cordless Mowers come with a wrong blade. The manufacturers do that on purpose. If a mower does not work too hard it will last longer, so there will be less warranty claims.The motors of these mowers are very powerful. I made an offset blade with swing back blades attached. I can mow as low as I want. The main drawback with these mowers are the batteries. Except for Greenworks all have not enough capacity.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Good mower but does not mow low enough

So just before Christmas I decided I was sick of the smell of petrol in our garage from my last mower and whipper sniper so was time to upgrade. Plus they were over 10 years old.

I never thought I would contemplate a battery mower and sniper but after I tried a friends I didn't realise how good one would be.

So after some research I decided to go with the Victa 82V. 21 inch. It came with the 2 X 2AMP batteries that had a fast 30 min charge time charger so I would never run out of charge.

I also purchased the Victa 82V blower and snipper. All together they are a great combination.

The only downfall to the mower is when you set it on the lowest setting it drags on the ground so seems a bit hard to push and does not mow as low as my old 2 stroke. Plus if you have a small yard I would advise the 18 inch version. The 21 inch is good for a big lawn but can be a bit cumbersome in small areas. So bigger may not be always better.

I get at least 30 - 40 min mowing on one battery. This would always depend on the length of your lawn. But with the 2 batteries and fast charge time you are never left with out power.

Plus it looks like a real mower and it's not plastic like others.

Date PurchasedNov 2017