Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

• Product is used
    • Several times a week (5)
    • Weekly (4)
    • Daily (3)
  • Pet OwnerYes (6) · No (6)
  • Battery Life
SSS

SSSGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I love this vacuum! I can’t believe I am actually saying that!

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for $200.00.

MelissaNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Almost Perfect

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman for $299.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
MGC

MGCPerth, WA

Good all rounder

Our previous vaccum was Dyson, but has seen better days. The Dyson is good, but expensive. Instead we purchased electrolux ergorapido allergy stick vacuum zb3311. It’s very good. Works very well on carpet and hardwood. However, it is bit noisey on turbo. Decent battery life for small apartment. Purchased from good guys $188. Half price of cheapest Dyson

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for $188.00.

Brilliant

So versatile. Easy to do a quick daily vacuum in my craft room & hand held accessory picks up bird seed on verandah. Great price for such a useful vacuum cleaner.

Purchased in October 2019 at The Good Guys.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Rach

RachPerth, WA

Great vacuum

I bought this while pregnant as I needed an easy to use vacuum that was lightweight. I use this on tiles and carpet. I find it works really well on both surfaces. We have a cat that sheds a lot of hair and it picks it up really well on tiles. This vacuum is more effective on tiles than carpet but still does a good job. The only downside is it can be a bit of a pain to clean the filters.

Purchased at Bing Lee Online store for $215.00.

Kate

KateSydney

Great stick vacuum

I initially set out to get a Dyson as so many people rave about them but found this little gem and am so happy I did!
Love the fact that the vacuum stands up in it's charger and I don't have to attach it to the wall like so many others. When vacuuming there is a light that goes on so you can see the dust in dark corners, it's fantastic. I have laminate floors and it's perfect. It works well on my mats as well. The chamber is smallish but it's easy to empty out and clean.

Francesca

FrancescaCanberra

Just what I wanted!

I am very pleased with this appliance. I have had it for eight months now and use it a few times a week to freshen up floors (carpeted or tiled) in my apartment. Suction and charge time are both excellent and the hair cutting facility works well. I am amazed at the amount of dust I pick up. I use my barrel vacuum cleaner to clean the filter - and now for little else.

Purchased in October 2019.

Rose R

Rose RSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible product and customer service.

Purchased in September 2018 at The Good Guys for $250.00.

Floor Type Tiles

Some reservations

As someone who has arthritis in my fingers, I struggle to separate the filter parts for cleaning. Also, the hose becomes blocked with pet hair and needs regular cleaning, which is also difficult for me. I find the high maintenance aspect of this product somewhat negates the benefits.

Purchased in April 2019.

Pocketmouse

PocketmouseHawkes Bay, 4112, NZ

Surprisingly Efficient

Purchased in January 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $199.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
Andrew

Andrew

Poor design, not durable at all

Today, suddenly I noticed a burning smell when using it. Now the unit keeps shorting itself out. Additionally, despite their claims of a self cleaning roll brush, the roll brush is constantly clogged with hair and needs to be manually cleaned out. Never had this problem on my old dysons.

Purchased in November 2018.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Debra C

Debra C

Conked out after 2 weeks. Won't fully charge.

Actually bought this a year or two ago and only pulled it out of its box 2 weeks ago. Worked well for a couple of weeks on both tiles and carpet in my small apartment and then boom! now won't fully charge. Have to eyeball the charger and run over constantly to replace for charger. Cuts out recharging after a few seconds or minutes. What a waste of money. Will not buy Electrolux again.

Purchased in June 2017 at Harvey Norman for $350.00.

Minimau5

Minimau5Sydney, NSW

Wow...what an amazing little vac

I have just bought this to replace my frustrating Dyson stick which was useless on my hardwood floors and would constantly get clogged up if anything bigger than a pea was sucked up!

Anyway I could not be happier with this machine, it glides perfectly from hardwood floor to tile to carpet to shag rug with no interruption to suction. The maneuverability of this machine is awesome, it has a great weight to the head of it which allows you to move so effortlessly around furniture etc.

I love the fact that its a dust buster as well, also it has lights so you can see when vacuuming under things and it feels robust.

The reviewer before me must have reviewed the wrong machine or it's faulty as I could not be happier with my purchase.

Purchased in February 2019 at Myer Retail Stores for $239.00.

Morgan S

Morgan SMontville

I could not hate this vacuum more

I purchased this vacuum for use on my carpets and wooden floors. I have to say it’s fine on the carpets.. but it has driven me close to insanity on my hard floors. It has a special talent of blowing small pieces of dirt (paper, crumbs, ect) straight out the back, It takes multiple passes to clean a small area. What used to be a quick easy job with my Dyson is now incredibly frustrating and drawn out. I would rather use a broom than this terrible machine.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Electrolux
ELECTROLUX ..Electrolux
Anastasia

AnastasiaGladstone

Good, not exactly family sized.

I use it as a carpet vacuum

Good for quick vacuum in between more thorough carpet cleans (intense vac)
Portable, great for multi-story houses and carpeted stairs.
Great for regular cleaning

Short run time makes it not the best for family sized houses (3 bedroom)
Have to clean filter regularly
Dirt gets stuck above hair cutting blade, that cannot be removed.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Bubby2015

Bubby2015Sydney, NSW

does the job and easy to clean

We recently purchased this vacuum after our Dyson portal vacuum cleaner started to play-up

We live in a one bedroom fully carpeted apartment with hard floor in kitchen and bathroom only

This is our primary vacuum cleaner

We have been using it for about 2 months and so far haven't experienced any issues.

It's a good vacuum cleaner and MUCH MUCH easier to clean compared to the Dyson vacuum

Date PurchasedJul 2018
LinaE

LinaESydney Surrounds, NSW

Fabulous vacuum, great for pet hair removal

I purchased this vacuum in place of my previous Dyson stick which stopped working after 3 years. So glad I bought this. It's light, can be used as a hand held and does my three carpeted rooms very well. Great in bathroom on tiles and kitchen vinyl too. Thanks to Domayne for recommending it.

Date PurchasedJun 2018