Emirates Airlines

Emirates Airlines

See the Best International Airlines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Thanks for the upgrade

booking was easy enough, and so was check in. The icing on the cake was an upgrade to Business Class in Decmber 2018 at Tullamarine airport. Thank you Emirates for a really lovely, shortest 14 hours of my life from Melbourne to Dubai.

BookingThrough Airline

A former great airline that has flopped!

I have flown with Emirates for years. The service i used to get was exceptional However they are growing and the standards of old have been firmly forgotten. They really do not give a stuff about customers anymore. In the air they are still ok. Not as good as they used to be but acceptable. However if you need to talk to them save your breath. They will try to do anything they can to manipulate more money from you. They seem to have trainned their staff to lie and do whatever it takes to take as much as they can from you.

I can honestly say they have dropped from being the best airlie to the worse! I have around 120,000 points on my account with them. They are so bad that i would rather walk than fly with them.

DestinationLondon, UK
ClassFirst Class

Cheap but not Cheerful!

My travel agent booked flights with Emirates from Melbourne to Nairobi return.
My flights were all quite uncomfortable as my feet were dangling due to their higher than average seats, with passengers jammed in like sardines in economy.
Food was awful and I was told I could not consume any more water as they had a strict limit on the numbers of water bottles per passenger, as opposed to alcohol, or soft drinks. Not good on truly long haul flights when trying to combat dehydration!
There were no extra pillows available to support my back on one leg of my flight, which was not a problem on the other three legs.
Given a choice between Etihad or Qantas and Emirates I would make Emirates my last choice. Even local Indian services and Chile's LAN run rings around Emirates in my opinion.
The only plus with Emirates is that for long stopovers, Dubai airport runs rings around Abu Dabi, or Doha, for food options and killing time, but certainly not around Singapore, which is still my favoured stop, if possible, enroute to Europe.

DestinationNairobi, Kenya

Emirates huge service decline

Our 10:50pm flight from Brisbane to Dubai [EK431 1st August 2019] didn’t get off to a great start with a 30min delay boarding. From there it got worse.
It’s a long haul flight and the Boeing 777-300 was too cramped in economy for the task. On boarding, several toilets were out of commission and the entertainment system was also out of order. They rebooted the entertainment system several times further delaying us by 40minute.
During the flight more toilets broke until there were only two left in economy. Several times the attendants were told that there were no soap in the toilets but none was provided and even after a ‘refresh’ by the attendants the cleanliness was very poor. The last meal was a breakfast for which I choice scrambled eggs but I was given warm chicken from the first meal of the 16hour flight.
Our 3hour stop over in Dubai ended up being a 40minute dash for our Rome connection. Big problem for my husband who has limited walking capacity after a hip replacement. Having alerted the cabin crew to our problem they ‘said’ they had organised a wheel chair. Guess what, no wheel chair and a long hike from terminal B to C. The service person who was meant to guide us poor travellers to the connection gate just said “follow me”, turned and zipped away. Several times I shout for her to wait for us to no avail until half way into out trek we were given a ride in a golf buggy type vehicle.
It doesn’t stop there, our luggage didn’t arrive.
Our boutique hotel in central Rome, who’s reception desk usually closes at 11pm kindly agreed to wait for our luggage delivery at 12, the time Emirates agreed to deliver. The courier didn’t show and started calling me at 1am because they couldn’t get into the hotel, dead to the world after a horrendous flight we eventually called the Emirates hotline in Hungary and received our luggage at 3am.
Poor show Emirates....not looking forward to our return flight.

BookingThird Party

LIES!!! chauffer drive business class ...Warning!! Dont be stranded!!!

IF you Booked Emirates business flights before the 1 March 2019 deadline too bad!! ....as they withdrew their Chauffer drive service after this date.
BUT they promised to allow booking chauffer drive service that comes with business class ticket until 1 March 2019...so i bought my ticket thinking it would be ok...but it wasn't.

All a big fat lie.

Went to book the Chauffer drive to/from Singapore to hotel well before March 1 2019 but they deleted it from the system and then called for assistance and they lied.

LIARS!!!

ClassBusiness Class

Worst customer service charged me $40 to fix spelling mistake in booking

Booked a ticket online and realized I had made a spelling mistake. Called Emirates within 5 mins and they actually charged me $44 to change an S to a Z.... Outrageous

BookingThrough Airline

Worst flying experience, never again

We had been caught up in the collapse of an online booking agent and had lost our airfares through this, so decided to book face to face at the Emirates office in Melbourne, nothing could go wrong we thought. After talking to the staff member about losing our money and the six week holiday we wished to book with her we gave her our cancelled tickets( which were with Emirates and the correct dates) she told us she could rebook almost the same flights, we failed to pick up her mistake. The flights themselves were ok, Melbourne to Dubai then on to London the next day. We did not pick up on her mistake until our return flight, she had booked us returning in March instead of April, the trip she had booked us was arriving on 1st March and leaving on 11th March so much for the six weeks we had spoken about. So again we lost our money having to pay $2,000 extra to get home. Trying to complain to Emirates is a joke, email to the complaint department was answered four weeks later with a generic response and further emails completely ignored, we then went into the office which is totally closed down. Will never fly with Emirates again

DestinationLondon, UK
BookingThrough Airline

Not the best flight I've ever had

Booking process was relatively pain free, flights from Melbourne-Dubai, Dubai-Rome, returning 3.5 weeks later. First leg of our journey was ok. I had ordered gluten free as I can be sensitive to gluten at times. I will never do that again, the food was really average. Every meal had bread/rolls/bread...... no taste. For some reason gluten free also means dairy free... I received soy milk for my coffee, margarine instead of butter, no cheese with my biscuits, quite strange. When I looked at what my hubby was eating, for the most part I could have eaten the same thing and probably enjoyed it. I think they need to review their gluten free catering.
2nd leg of the first flight for some reason I was not allocated a seat. Still not sure why considering I had booked more than 6 months in advanced. This resulted in hubby and I being seated separately - only an isle apart. The family I was seated next to had only booked their seats 1 week earlier, but they all had allocated seats together.
On our returning flights, they very kindly gave us exit isle seats for the first leg, when we got to Dubai we had to go to the counter to see if we could get exit isle again. They were able to give us 1 seat , so hubby took that one and I sat in my allocated seat - which happened to be 1 row from the back of the plane. How does that happen when you booked more than 6 months earlier? It was such a rough ride home, I couldn't wait to get off the flight.
I really excited to be flying Emirates as we had a really good experience the last time, not so much this time.

DestinationRome, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy

Horrible service

Service was non existent on flight from Sydney to Dubai, there seemed to be very little staff and you waited forever to anyone to attend to the call light on, foos was very average to say the least. I am a FF and have flown many times first with Emirates very disappointed they need to lift their game

Great experience

I am so happy with the service I received from my flight from Dubai to Sydney Australia. I am a pregnant woman who got so sick on the flight but staff looked after me during and post flight! I would like to thank all the staff involved who took made sure I was getting the care I needed.

DestinationSydney NSW, Australia
BookingThird Party

Never fly with them again

Hi everyone just letting you know i have flown with emirates more than six times and i will never ever of all ever fly with emirates again four times i told the stewards my screen was not working properly and my head phone was not working at all and still no one done nothing nine hours i sat there with nothing to do even my wife couldn't believe it sorry emirates but you lost me my family and friends not happy...

DestinationThailand

Absolutely impressed!

I was so excited when I received tickets to the best airline in the world and the fact that the fees from Dubai to Melbourne was cheap, I can't say how much I love Emirates. The staff on the first hand was great as they acted friendly and understanding even when arriving in Dubai Airport. The check-in service to and from my destinations was simply smooth and lack of a hassle. On the other hand, there is nothing much to say how much I praise for what this airline is known for.

Sad Experience

Disappointed with Emirates, careless handling of my baggage and loss of valuables, in addition delayed baggage delivery. Nil compensation received from Emirates, not happy with the customer service, spoiled journey, regretful.

DestinationIreland
BookingThrough Airline

We won't fly with Emirates ever

Horrible experience flying to Thailand with our baby. Emirates checked us in fine, then an hour and a half later called us back to check in just before we went through customs. Told us our bags were overweight and made us pay $850 excess baggage fees. Didn't give us the opportunity to take our bags off and reduce weight - bags were already on-board! Very stressful. I tried to claim fees back via help of NSW Fair Trade, but Emirates staff lied about the situation to the complaints manager. Emirates are not part of the airline industry ombudsman, so the only way to pursue legally is via federal court.

DestinationBangkok, Thailand
BookingThrough Airline

Had a long flight to Europe and we were well catered for. Comfortable planes, great food and entertainment. Wonderful customer service as well. Delays back to Dubai were communicated to ground staff and we were taken care to make sure we made our connection.

BookingThird Party

Decent service and the food was good!

On our inaugural return flight to Tanzania wth Emirates via Dubai was mostly great, however a few niggles to mention. My partner was on crutches so was treated very well with porters in most airports. On the return journey he was not so well looked after and we had a 22 hour wait at Dubai with no accomodation via the 'Connections' program, as I had understood there would be. We had to book into the onsite hotel which was an exorbitant cost for these hours (2 day room tariff) On the return flight to Adelaide my partners screen was malfunctioning, so he was just tying to sleep the whole way out of boredom.

DestinationDar es Salaam, Tanzania
BookingThird Party

Left family of four stranded in Singapore with no compensation

Emirates stranded my wife, infant son, 3 year old daughter and myself in Singapore for two days due to issuing tickets for a flight at the WRONG time and refused to pay us any compensation. Never again.

DestinationBudapest, Hungary

Criminal service

Emirates staff are rude and don't care about passengers. A family member flew alone and was looking sick, she was left dehydrated on their flight despite her pleas for water, almost fainted on her way out they didn't care, when she did faint they stole her phone and sunglasses. Yeah I don't think this depends on the aircraft.

DestinationAmman, Jordan

the best

My partner and I when from Melbourne to London for 1 month
The flight was 13 hours to Dubai a stopover for 2.5 hours then to London 7 hours
The flight was just wonderful in economy more leg room then I thought .the food was just very nice.
And the in flight entertainment wow just great but you will need Noise canceling headphones
I have flown with other airlines but Emirates is the best

BookingThrough Airline

Do not fly with Emirates - they don't value customers and don't take responsibility for their action

I am Emirates Frequent Flyer, flying every year twice from Sydney to Europe, but I am horrified how Emirates customer service changed.
I was robbed either in Sydney or Dubai flying with Emirates and it seems nobody really cares how this will affect my relationship to Emirates.
Furthermore this situation has been caused by Emirates attendant at check-in desk and Emirates doesn't want to take responsibility for actions of their own employees. From my point of view, this is break of UAE The Federal Law No. 24 of 2006 on Consumer Protection.