75%25%0%

Chris
Chris Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC9 posts

Unreal little fridge

After buying a dometic cf11 and it subsequently failing after 6months I managed to get a hold of one of these MD14F fridges. It’s set to -11c and for 24/7 that’s all it’s does. Just works. At 41c ambient it sits in -10.3c. I don’t have to worry about it. It just works. Can’t beat an Engel.
Perfect size for a freezer or small fridge. Only thing I don’t like is you have to have a thermometer inside to adjust the temp to where you want it and after getting it right it’s good to go. Show details
Beejay66
Beejay66Melbourne4 posts

Sarge18Hobart, TAS44 posts

Small, very small

This little fellow will keep your dozen cans cool, but long necks? Forget it. Way too small for large bottles. Also, mine never has an "off cycle". It runs constantly. I don't know if thats a fault with mine, or how their supposed to operate. My Evakool 47litre uses less power, but is too big for the boat, hence my purchase of the little Engel. I should have got a slightly bigger, more conventional shaped one, though. Would make a good little freezer; with the emphasis on little!
Small externally, and relatively light
Small interior, almost impractical as a fridge. Runs constantly.
dingaling007
dingaling007AU

Brilliant Service
Brilliant Service

How much is a new cooling unit for this model

Sarge18

You would have to contact an Engel agent for that info.
Probably cheaper to get another one.
Good luck.

tim
tim

Is this unit good as a freezer

Mark

Can anyone help me out? I am chasing a transit cover to suite my Engel SS40F I have contacted Engle them selfs but they have been very quick to say we don’t make them any more and we’re not willing to put me in contact with the company that manafactuers there bags .

Mark

Thanks Sarge that will be my final option but as you said surly there is one out there I have tried eBay and web search even emailed Engle for help but they weren’t very helpful at all

CategoryPortable Fridges / Freezers
Price (RRP) $699
Type Dedicated Fridge + Freezer Combo
Capacity14L
Power SourceCar (Cigarette Lighter)
Weight11.5 kg