Bushman Roadie 15L

Perfect Companion to the Bushman SC35-52. So Much more than just a car fridge!!

I have a Bushman SC35 which has stood the test of time (more than 20 years), so when I saw that the team at Bushman had released a new car fridge, I knew that it would be a quality product. The Roadie is super sturdy and feels rock solid. It is ultra quiet and I have mine running continuously 24/7 so it is easy to see that the reliability is there.

When comparing the Roadie to others on the market, it is easy to see that the attention to detail. Everything just works as you would want it too without any surprises. The Roadie has been designed to allow 1.25L soft drink bottles and wine bottles to stand upright, which surprisingly many of the others on the market do not seem to do. Given that the sizing allows more than just cans to fit in the fridge, it all of a sudden becomes more versatile.

The size of the Roadie is perfect for day trips and overnighters when travelling with the family. It is ideal for when you want something that is smaller and less cumbersome than the larger fridges. It serves well as an unobtrusive drinks fridge next to the couch (gets the tick of approval from the wife) and I also take the Roadie to parties to replace the traditional esky. Its more convenient to take the Roadie than worry about ice!

I have had no reason to worry about support yet, however from experience with my Bushman SC35, I know that the service will be second to none. Bushman don't appear to churn through models like other manufacturers and once they have a quality product, they seem to stick with it. Parts have always been available and you are not subjected to the constant fear of new models having issues. I spoke to one of the owners (Paul) recently when I purchased the Roadie and he was telling me that they still stock spares for my 90's SC35!!

It's a great product backed by a great team that will ensure that you have decades of trouble free use.

Purchased in January 2019.

Perfect beer fridge

The roadie fridge is perfect for a beer/drinks fridge that lives on the floor of the back seats in my car. It also double as a full time freezer for the extended holiday getaways to go with my 40 litre fridge. The only issue I have had is that I have snapped the 12 volt plug in the back of the fridge from sliding along the floor of the car. 4.9 stars

Purchased in October 2018 at eBay for $600.00.

Bushman Roadie - great sidekick for your main camp fridge

This small fridge offer great flexibility, especially as a second camping/ travelling aid. Though it is more designed for keeping drinks cold, I intend to use this unit to be more freezer to keep ice packs frozen for my esky (still yet to put it to work over a summer). I use the Bushman 55 lit. unit as a main camp fridge. The sellers obliged my request to readjust the thermostat to get it go to the required -18C. (it seemed to default to -10C). There was an incorrect assumption that this unit would only be used as a drinks fridge. Big bucks for a little unit, but I guess you have to pay for the convenience!

Robust and easy to transport and use. Let's wait for the summer update.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Hands down the second best mod we've made to our Patrol

- the first was the Bushman fridge. It's been to the Cape and back, and on a couple of High Country trips and kept drinks and food cold, not just cool, and never missed a beat. Fitted in the console place perfectly, Great after service too, when we had a question. Love it.

Date PurchasedMay 2018