Bushman Roadie 15L

4.9

Tony C.
Tony C.Sydney, NSW

Serves my purpose well

I have not had the Fridge off since I purchased it . It is a second Fridge for my yacht and it is fitted in an ice box provision in the cockpit . When not on shore power it works off solar panels . Great Fridge .
Regards Tony

Purchased in January 2021 for $899.00.

Tommy_BUSHMANBushman Fridges

Thank You Tony. Enjoy the yacht.

Review collected in partnership with Bushman Fridges

Efficient, compact, quite and effective

Found this after lots of searching and have been delighted with the product. Great responses to temperature adjustment. Ideal size for bottles as well as other essentials. Quiet and smart operation. Switched off when vehicle not running so no battery risk. Attractive , compact and great value.

Purchased in May 2021.

Tommy_BUSHMANBushman Fridges

Hi Paul, Yes, yes, yes! I love this fridge too. It's amazing how much stuff can fit into it. Now that I have one strapped to the side of my car boot, I use it 2 - 3 times every week. Cheers, Tommny.

HTH
HTH

Neat and quiet traveller.

Working perfectly in my Range Rover Velar on trip up to far north Queensland. Drinks cold and food fresh for picnics and breakfast on the road. What more do we want?

Purchased in March 2021 at Bushman, Research .

Tommy_BUSHMANBushman Fridges

HTH, picnics and breakfast on the road sounds very appealing. I've used my roadie a few times to bring crayfish to work form the local fishmonger down at San Remo in Victoria. Fits 3 good size crays easy. Enjoy. Tommy.

Find out how Bushman Roadie 15L compares to other Portable Fridges / Freezers

Feels sturdy and well made

After extensive research I settled on this small fridge/freezer for my van. Great design and well made. it does exactly what it does on the tin.

I have two practical challenges with it (note I am still giving the product 5 stars):

1. There are no instructions for where to drill / attach the tie-down bracket at the rear of the fridge, I started drilling and immediatly found that was insulation not metal. How about just fit the brackets prior to shipping? As such I can only strap the fridge down at the front.....

2. In relation to the above, with no rear tie down strap attachment the carry handle is pointless.

Purchased in February 2021 for $899.00.

Tommy_BUSHMANBushman Fridges

Hi Richard - we have a solution for you, will send you a PM. Enjoy the Roadie.

Review collected in partnership with Bushman Fridges

Fantastic little beer fridge.

Finally got the chance to install the roadie in my canopy, cracking little fridge that has been performing as expected, another quality product from bushman. Compliments the 65l upright perfectly.

Purchased in January 2021.

Thanks Daniel - it's my personal favourite too, Tom

Review collected in partnership with Bushman Fridges

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Alex
Alex

Everything you expect from a Aussie product

I bought this Fridge to use as centre console fridge in a Nissan Patrol for my new job in outback Queensland and it simply works the way it says on the box. It hardly uses any power and I can use it as a freezer to compliment my original Bushman fridge I already own. If I ever change vehicle's the fridge will be coming with me!!

Thanks Alex. It's my favourite fridge by far. Tommy

Review collected in partnership with Bushman Fridges

I have it in my Tesla and i love it!!

I use the Roadie 15L in my Tesla Model 3 on "camp mode" so i can run it when im not in the car and its SIMPLY AWESOME! Its surprisingly quiet and I love that it can comfortably hold tall bottles.

As promised and some.

Well made, efficient and compact with some style. Recommend the AC/DC power supply and the padded bag too. We have a compact Hyundai Kona EV for camping ("glamping" really, with fridge now as well as the coffee machine). So space is the challenge and portability essential to carry to the tent or motel room(longer trips). Pulling a mere 220Wh in 24hours with a maximum consumption of 46W or 0.4W at rest. The Roadie, at 15L, is heaps big enough for us, as we are vegetarians so no meet, as we really only need it for a few things (including the wine and beer) like precooked meals. Delivery free and fast leading up to the festive season too! Great pre-sales help to determine choice too. I recommend!

• +2Thumbnail

Purchased in October 2020 at Bushman Fridges for $990.00.

Amazing product

Runs perfectly in 40°+ weather. Doesn’t use large amounts of power, works well on long trips as well. The cup holders are also great and do the job, a nice touch. Definitely worth the price.

Purchased in November 2020.

Best gift ever!

I bought this fridge as a gift for my dad for Christmas and he rings me every time he uses it telling me that it's the best thing he owns! (And he has a lot of toys)
The build quality and finish was by far the best of all the other options I looked at.
Would highly recommend this little unit!

Purchased in November 2020.

mick
mickMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

very good fridge

a solid 4 ive had a couple of 35-52l fridges over 9 years and this one stands up well next to them,i bought the roadie approx 5 yr ago strongly built i would like a better temp dial and as a matter of course i paint all my fridges white my gear gets fulltime use

Mary
MaryCanberra 2600, ACT

absolutely love this little fridge

Fits perfectly between front seats of Vito Van, came with plugs and fittings long enough to pass through to the solar set up just behind the front seats so easy to plug directly into the solar powered lithium battery or use the car battery. Fits a bottle of wine, large drink bottles and a few small things that need to be cold. Very quiet operation. Have 160W solar panel, never any problems with the energy this fridge is drawing. Easy to access top with good seal - very happy with this product, it was worth the money.

Purchased in October 2020 at Bushman - direct purchase - arrived quickly by courier.

John S.
John S.South East Queensland, QLD

Does the business

What to say..... Does the job and does it well. Had this for a while now and can always rely on it when camping and fishing. Nothing really to complain about.

Purchased in January 2020.

Denise Cowie
Denise CowieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fantastic Fits perfect between seats in our Troopy

Fits perfect between the seats in our Troopy We can use for drinks has cup holders and able to use as a arm rest brilliant
Use it when we go 4x4 as a freezer which complements our other Engel fridge.

Purchased in August 2020 for $895.00.

Alan Green
Alan GreenWestern District, VIC

Using as a small freezer. Very handy

Early days yet. Covid has curtailed our travels. Looking at a 55lt in February for the new camper as well , then the Kimberley will sort things out as we head up the Hay river road

Purchased in July 2020 for $895.00.

Read more reviews - page 2

Leah
Leah asked

can this fridge become a console in a hilux ?

Tommy_BUSHMANBushman Fridges

Hi Leah, thanks for the question. Every car is slightly different and I'm not sure about a Hilux. Best thing to do is measure up the width and length of the area you have to see if it will fit first. Cheers, Tommy.

Norm P
Norm Pasked

What is the average current draw in amps please. I would like to know how long a 100Ahrs battery will run the fridge for before needing to be recharged.

Hi Norm,
Generally we say 3 days and 3 nights for a 100Ah battery which gives you a nice buffer so you don't run out of power and don't run your battery down too low as this reduces the life of your battery. In good conditions you will get much longer than this.
Ultimately the exact answer will depend on local factors (ambient temperature, fridge set temperature, how often opened, how much stuff is in the fridge, humidity, air flow, radiant heat, and battery type).
In normal conditions inside a car at 25 degrees ambient with the fridge set to 4 degrees, no direct sunlight and some air flow you will use around 0.6 of an amp per hour at 12.5 volts or 15Ah per day. If you're using the fridge and putting in drinks to cool down, the use will be slightly higher. To be safe we could say 1 amp per hour maximum to give yourself a nice buffer, as the amp draw will increase slightly as the voltage in the battery drops. After 3 full days you would have used a maximum of 72Ah. At this stage your battery would be 70% discharged which is the most you would want to discharge a deep cycle battery, unless you are using lithium which you could run flat.
Ideally it is best to keep your batteries close to fully charged, so if you are considering solar it is best to have more than less. Tat way when the sun shines you can get as much power back into your battery as possible. If you would like any more info feel free to call us anytime. Cheers. Tom.

Michael D.
Michael D.asked

I need a 15L freezer that can be set at minus 11 as I want freeze blocks to go in my 20L esky when needed to extend my camping time out in the bush and to do the same thing when I stay on my yacht. It is the best way I know to get the most out of your fridge. It it possible to get it set to -18 degrees celcius?

Hi Michael,

Yes, the Roadie will do this. If you want it to operate only as a freezer let us know and we will programme it accordingly

Get an answer from our members and Bushman Fridges representatives

This 15L 12V fridge is the most highly-rated portable console fridge on ProductReview. At only 31cm tall, its compact size makes it a perfect companion for your summer road trips. It’ll just chill out, installed between the two front seats of your car, RV or truck.

Features:

• Designed with two insulated drink holders
  • Constructed with a durable full powder-coated steel cabinet
  • Adjustable temperature settings from 10 degrees Celsius to -18 degrees Celsius, so you can use the Bushman Roadie as a dedicated freezer
  • Uses the same Secop Danfoss compressor as the Award-winning Bushman Original dual-zone fridge/freezers
  • Top-to-bottom vents are installed on both sides of this fridge, for proper ventilation that enhances a portable fridge’s cooling power.
CategoryPortable Fridges / Freezers
Type Console Fridge and Dedicated Fridge + Freezer Combo
Capacity15L
Power SourceCar (Cigarette Lighter)
FeaturesInterior Light