Bushman Roadie 15L

Bushman Roadie 15L

Alex

Alex

Everything you expect from a Aussie product

I bought this Fridge to use as centre console fridge in a Nissan Patrol for my new job in outback Queensland and it simply works the way it says on the box. It hardly uses any power and I can use it as a freezer to compliment my original Bushman fridge I already own. If I ever change vehicle's the fridge will be coming with me!!

Review collected in partnership with Bushman Fridges

I have it in my Tesla and i love it!!

I use the Roadie 15L in my Tesla Model 3 on "camp mode" so i can run it when im not in the car and its SIMPLY AWESOME! Its surprisingly quiet and I love that it can comfortably hold tall bottles.

As promised and some.

Well made, efficient and compact with some style. Recommend the AC/DC power supply and the padded bag too. We have a compact Hyundai Kona EV for camping ("glamping" really, with fridge now as well as the coffee machine). So space is the challenge and portability essential to carry to the tent or motel room(longer trips). Pulling a mere 220Wh in 24hours with a maximum consumption of 46W or 0.4W at rest. The Roadie, at 15L, is heaps big enough for us, as we are vegetarians so no meet, as we really only need it for a few things (including the wine and beer) like precooked meals. Delivery free and fast leading up to the festive season too! Great pre-sales help to determine choice too. I recommend!

• +2Thumbnail

Purchased in October 2020 at Bushman Fridges for $990.00.

Amazing product

Runs perfectly in 40°+ weather. Doesn’t use large amounts of power, works well on long trips as well. The cup holders are also great and do the job, a nice touch. Definitely worth the price.

Purchased in November 2020.

Best gift ever!

I bought this fridge as a gift for my dad for Christmas and he rings me every time he uses it telling me that it's the best thing he owns! (And he has a lot of toys)
The build quality and finish was by far the best of all the other options I looked at.
Would highly recommend this little unit!

Purchased in November 2020.

mick

mickMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

very good fridge

a solid 4 ive had a couple of 35-52l fridges over 9 years and this one stands up well next to them,i bought the roadie approx 5 yr ago strongly built i would like a better temp dial and as a matter of course i paint all my fridges white my gear gets fulltime use

Mary

MaryCanberra 2600, ACT

absolutely love this little fridge

Fits perfectly between front seats of Vito Van, came with plugs and fittings long enough to pass through to the solar set up just behind the front seats so easy to plug directly into the solar powered lithium battery or use the car battery. Fits a bottle of wine, large drink bottles and a few small things that need to be cold. Very quiet operation. Have 160W solar panel, never any problems with the energy this fridge is drawing. Easy to access top with good seal - very happy with this product, it was worth the money.

Purchased in October 2020 at Bushman - direct purchase - arrived quickly by courier.

John S.

John S.South East Queensland, QLD

Does the business

What to say..... Does the job and does it well. Had this for a while now and can always rely on it when camping and fishing. Nothing really to complain about.

Purchased in January 2020.

Denise Cowie

Denise CowieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fantastic Fits perfect between seats in our Troopy

Fits perfect between the seats in our Troopy We can use for drinks has cup holders and able to use as a arm rest brilliant
Use it when we go 4x4 as a freezer which complements our other Engel fridge.

Purchased in August 2020 for $895.00.

Alan Green

Alan GreenWestern District, VIC

Using as a small freezer. Very handy

Early days yet. Covid has curtailed our travels. Looking at a 55lt in February for the new camper as well , then the Kimberley will sort things out as we head up the Hay river road

Purchased in July 2020 for $895.00.

Andrew Berghuis

Andrew BerghuisWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Great little fridge

Really nice sized fridge for day trips and a
drink fridge when camping. Very quiet running. Cheers Really nice sized fridge for day trips and a
drink fridge when camping.

Purchased in June 2020 at Bushman for $995.00.

Victoria Jewett

Victoria JewettCanberra Airport 2609, ACT

It works

The bushman roadie is a top performer with good insulation, engineering and design. It's a fridge and freezer where lesser creatures are marginally better than a cooler. The unit is economical to operate, quiet and well built. I'm yet to install an auxiliary battery so have been running it off the main. It comes with straps and a cover. This is my second Bushman fridge, having purchased the original 52 Litre model several years ago which operates well. The Bushman team are friendly and helpful.
Victoria - Canberra

Purchased in June 2020.

Love it

Love it. Great little fridge. Complements my Other Bushman Fridge. Good on power. Nice on the eye. Totally recommend. And it’s Australian made. Support Aussie Business and buy direct. You won’t regret this purchase.

Purchased in July 2020.

We love our Roadie

We needed a small, compact car fridge, that would sit comfortably between the front seats of our iMax. The Roadie is a quality fridge that does the job beautifully. It’s quiet, and uses little power. We love our Bushman.

Purchased in May 2020 for $990.00.

GrahamT

GrahamTBright

Perfect small fridge

Very satisfied with the purchase, quality build, very quiet fan and low current draw. Very quick to temp stabilise. Comes with insulated cover, carry strap and tie downs.
Fits well in the centre of the back seat or in the rear footwell. Full door width with magnetic latch gives easy access to a single rectangular fridge space. Will be using as a car fridge and as a secondary fridge/freezer when using our camper.

Purchased in August 2020 at Bushman for $895.00.

Joshua

JoshuaGippsland, VIC

Worth the Extra Money

Fantastic, worth the extra money conpared to the dometic 11lt Fridge, the one i bought came with Tie Down points and straps as well as a Cover, two things if i have to find something wrong are it is maybe 2-3 centimeters too tall so not exactly perfect arm rest and for gear changing and the other thing is the Temperature Dial is in a bit of an inconvenient place if cup holders are facing forwards i tend to dump with the arm, but all this is me being fussy so, i just turned the fridge around so cup holders and dial are facing towards the back

Purchased in August 2020 at eBay for $660.00.

Billy Flanagan

Billy FlanaganKatherine, NT

Very good

Excellent, robust, wish carrying/tie down brackets had pilot holes or were fitted, small whinge. Literally does what it says on the tin, holds 22 cans, keeps 'em cold. Would you keep truffles in it, no.

Purchased in January 2020.

Cracker fridge

Great fridge great service, very battery friendly, my solar puts in more than what fridge requires couldn’t be happier. Keeps the beer nice and cold as well as outher bits and pieces I put in there as well Will recommend. Chris

Purchased in September 2018.

Shane

ShanePerth, WA

Tough, light and works great..

I fitted this fridge between the seats in my 2015 landcruiser 79 Double Cab (Seats were moved 20mm each and approved by DOT) i have the dial and drink holders at the rear for the passengers in the back. Easy access to get water and soft drink and great arm rest. The fridge is quiet enough, runs great and keeps the drinks really cold. When running it draws about the same as my Engel but does not run as long so dosent use much amperage from the battery. With my 120 watt solar panel on top i run this fridge 24/7. Recommend this for an in car fridge.

Purchased in November 2019 for $895.00.

MatthewGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect Companion to the Bushman SC35-52. So Much more than just a car fridge!!

Purchased in January 2019.

Norm P

Norm Pasked

What is the average current draw in amps please. I would like to know how long a 100Ahrs battery will run the fridge for before needing to be recharged.

Hi Norm,
Generally we say 3 days and 3 nights for a 100Ah battery which gives you a nice buffer so you don't run out of power and don't run your battery down too low as this reduces the life of your battery. In good conditions you will get much longer than this.
Ultimately the exact answer will depend on local factors (ambient temperature, fridge set temperature, how often opened, how much stuff is in the fridge, humidity, air flow, radiant heat, and battery type).
In normal conditions inside a car at 25 degrees ambient with the fridge set to 4 degrees, no direct sunlight and some air flow you will use around 0.6 of an amp per hour at 12.5 volts or 15Ah per day. If you're using the fridge and putting in drinks to cool down, the use will be slightly higher. To be safe we could say 1 amp per hour maximum to give yourself a nice buffer, as the amp draw will increase slightly as the voltage in the battery drops. After 3 full days you would have used a maximum of 72Ah. At this stage your battery would be 70% discharged which is the most you would want to discharge a deep cycle battery, unless you are using lithium which you could run flat.
Ideally it is best to keep your batteries close to fully charged, so if you are considering solar it is best to have more than less. Tat way when the sun shines you can get as much power back into your battery as possible. If you would like any more info feel free to call us anytime. Cheers. Tom.

Michael D.

Michael D.asked

I need a 15L freezer that can be set at minus 11 as I want freeze blocks to go in my 20L esky when needed to extend my camping time out in the bush and to do the same thing when I stay on my yacht. It is the best way I know to get the most out of your fridge. It it possible to get it set to -18 degrees celcius?

Hi Michael,

Yes, the Roadie will do this. If you want it to operate only as a freezer let us know and we will programme it accordingly

Desley Wardasked

I would like to know if the Bushman Roadie 15L fridge has 240v capability.

Matthew

I run mine on 240v with the following transformer. https://bushman.com.au/product/bushman-transformer-240v. It essentially takes 240v AC and converts to 12v DC. Mine runs 24/7 with this type of setup.

Desley Ward

Thank you Matthew, it makes it more appealing if I can do that.

Hi Desley,
Above answers are correct.
Cheers.

Get an answer from our members and Bushman Fridges representatives

This 15L 12V fridge is the most highly-rated portable console fridge on ProductReview. At only 31cm tall, its compact size makes it a perfect companion for your summer road trips. It’ll just chill out, installed between the two front seats of your car, RV or truck.

Features:

• Designed with two insulated drink holders
  • Constructed with a durable full powder-coated steel cabinet
  • Adjustable temperature settings from 10 degrees Celsius to -18 degrees Celsius, so you can use the Bushman Roadie as a dedicated freezer
  • Uses the same Secop Danfoss compressor as the Award-winning Bushman Original dual-zone fridge/freezers
  • Top-to-bottom vents are installed on both sides of this fridge, for proper ventilation that enhances a portable fridge’s cooling power.
CategoryPortable Fridges / Freezers
Type Console Fridge and Dedicated Fridge + Freezer Combo
Capacity15L
Power SourceCar (Cigarette Lighter)
FeaturesInterior Light