3.4

Adam R.
Adam R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA
  MT35F

No Legend In Reliability

Bought my 32L due to Engel's reputation for reliability and longevity. At only 11 years young, with weekend use once a month, sadly my 32L has died due to an apparent blockage in the cooling system. Over $800 to repair, while a new unit costs $1200. I would expect this from a cheaper fridge, but Engel promotes their product as being superior and built to last. I won't be forking out the extra cash for another Engel, as I have friends who've had better longevity from cheaper brands. Show details
Dave S
Dave S3 posts
  MT35FP

Awesome Fridge

Purchased an Engel fridge from BCF Blacktown and have been very pleased so far with its operation. Fits into my Subaru Forester XT Wagon with room to spare.

The fridge cools down really quickly and has an internal indent in the lid to accomodate taller bottles.

The customer service at BCF was superbe and the salesman was knowledgable and very helpful.

Show details

Tiny2 posts
  MT35F

Excellent fridge/freezer

Have had this unit for 8 years. Never missed a beat. I am single & retired. I travel over 50% of the year and its big enough and it's current draw is quite low. I plug it into the car circuit when I am travelling and I have a 70w solar panel into a deep cycle 65AHr battery for 1 to 2 day stops.

Duncan CameronSydney, NSW16 posts
bookonit
bookonit
  MT35

Bad

I have had nothing but trouble with my Engel fridge. I purchased at 30litre model while travelling OZ and within 2 months I had to send it for a warranty repair. The fridge then failed 6 mths after repair. Engel then sent me a replacement unit and now 2 years later I have to throw it away because the compressor and power supply have given up. It is going to cost me the same to repair as it is to replace with a new one. Buy something else.
Good solid construction with lots of accessories.
Poor reliability and expensive to repair.
kenken
kenken

I got 2 x engel 20ltr fridge It fail twice under warrany then 6 years later had to replace.the other one fail needs to be replaced or repaired @ $600.00 not happy!!!!!

puncec
puncec6 posts
  MT35

We used to have one of these for about 3yrs and never had any trouble at all (apart from the annoying thing about the lid - which has been changed in the latest models anyway I believe). It worked great in the car to get the cold food back home (2hr drive to do a big fortnightly shop). Ended up selling it with the car. Had a 40Lt after that and now we are upgrading to a 60Ltr so will let you know how it goes after a few months.
Nothing beats an Engel as they say. It functions well. Never experienced any problems with it.
The lid can be a pain to put back on when taking it completely off the hinge for me anyway (didn't worry my partner though).
angler
angler6 posts
  MT35

Can cope with being beaten around on the back of a ute, will fit in the boot of a falcon.
Tuff as nail, minium power consumption, able to take all Australia conditions, easy to use controls, great range of accessories, two piece 12v tip has a screw in connection for rought condition to stop it rattling out.
Should have gone the 40Ltr for the little bit of extra space.

Johan B
Johan B · MT35

How many watts would this mt35 engel use? My Cruiser has a 220v plug in the back, can plug in anything using up to 100 watts. Can I plug this fridge in?

Wes R
Wes R · MT35

I have an engel MT35-G4-S it runs fine on 240v fridge or freezer but when I use it in the Landcruiser, dual batteries etc, it stops green light on, a slight hum and not getting cold at all, read on line about a possible jammed piston in the push pull electro magnetic compressor, after thumping fridge vigorously it started working again, runs fine on house hold power or when fitted in vehicle on 12 volt BUT when I drive anywhere it jams up again. Have done this several times and can't figure out why, this unit is 11 years old but has only started doing this in the last 4 months, its done a lot of travelling, Tanami, Gibb River, Plenty etc. Can someone Help Please

peter W.
peter W. · MT35

I have two mt35 engels and a much older engel. The older one works fine and one of the mt35 works fine, but the newer of the mt35 takes 4 times to start the unit and is very noisy. I am travelling around Aust and in Ipswich Qld at the moment. I took it back to BCF where I brought it. They told me to take it to a Engel repair agent. He had it for a few days and his response was Engel Aust told him that it is a power saving setup. I live in a mobile home and it is very annoying to listen to the fridge try to start up on the forth attempt. Is this an isolated problem or other owners had similar problems. I have got to the stage of ditching it and buying a Waeco or similar. I wait for your reply,thanks. Peter Williams

Compare all Engel MT35 listings
Price (RRP) $1,299$1,199
Type Dedicated Fridge + Freezer ComboDedicated Fridge + Freezer Combo
Capacity32L32L
Can Capacity44 Cans
Power SourceCar (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall OutletCar (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall Outlet
FeaturesDigital Display PanelDigital Display Panel and Interior Light
Weight21 kg21 kg
Dimensions 408 x 648 x 364 mm408 x 648 x 364 mm
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)
Construction MaterialSteelSteel