Engel MT60

2.7

Engel is the worst run company on earth

Reviews will rave about their quality and in house production. Sounds good until you have a problem. Engel believes their products are too good to fail, and have no warranty support whatsoever. I have been waiting over two years for a control module which failed within months so I can fix it myself. I strongly recommend not buying any Engel products

Purchased in March 2017 at Port Coquitlam Marine for A$1,800.00.

Worked well until a few months out of warranty, then stoped. Engel just made excuses. Not the quality they used to be.

Unit was 6 months out of warranty and stopped working on 240v. Engel just ran with a couple of loose reasons blaming dirty power, which the unit has never seen. They was an obvious lack of interest to back there product and this was evident in the tone of their emails. I purchased and paid the premium price for a reliable fridge that would go the distance and unfortunately they just don’t seem to be the quality of what the old ones were.

What a disappointment!

Purchased in May 2016 for A$1,800.00.

Lauren D

Lauren DNorthern Region, NSW

So convenient & works well

Ours is permanently fixed in our car with a slider, its so convenient when i do the groceries during by lunch break and have to go back to work (i live out of town), dont have to lug the cold stuff into the work fridge. The only downfall is during the middle of summer, it cant keep up with the heat, but i cant blame it, temps inside a car on a 30+ day would be crazy. All in all, very happy.

Purchased at BCF.

Portable Fridges / Freezers

Find out how Engel MT60 compares to other Portable Fridges / Freezers

Moose

MooseCentral, SA

Ours is just really noisy

I have always had Engels and no dramas with all the other fridges we have owned but this fridge freezer 60 lt combo we have is so noisy we have the fridge in the car and it keeps us awake in the caravan what could I do to fix this

Date PurchasedFeb 2012
KylieJene

KylieJeneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Using as a spare beer fridge when not camping

Use it camping with frozen and cold stuff keeps everything very cold. Very quiet. Seals well, great in the 4wd for trips but too heavy to lift in and out very often. Use as a spare fridge when not camping. Well worth the investment if you camp at powered sites.

Date PurchasedSep 2015
Alan

AlanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Looking to go elsewhere

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Kenny

Kenny

Junk

I purchased 2 Engels & shipped them to Kenya with my 4WD. i chose this brand so i would have minor troubles.
both fridges break down constantly & the money i have spent replacing parts i could have bought another 2 fridges.
Don't waste your time with these things honestly they are just cheaply made junk. maybe 20 years ago they had a name not to break down.
There are better choices on the market now for less money.

Date PurchasedSep 2009
Nick

NickAdelaide

new compressor?

Date PurchasedJul 2006
baggio2k2008

baggio2k2008

Good

The best portable fridge you can buy on the market. With its super strong body and cooling power it will keep all your food fresh in summer. Can be a great gift for loved ones.
This fridge is so portable i take it everywhere for long trips or just simply a picnic with the family. It has so many uses and the cooling power is very good and cools drinks to a freezing point in a matter of minutes. The best thing about it is the lightweight body yet it is very strong and wont damage when dropped accidently. I love the affordability of the product and I will stick with this for a while to come. I found this brand stood out from the rest in terms of performance, quality and design.
None at all

Portable Fridges / Freezers

Find out how Engel MT60 compares to other Portable Fridges / Freezers

raches01

raches01

good price (when they have the specials with the packs/ transit bag etc) i love our fridge it has never let us down we upgraded from a 30L to a 60L and when we go on long holidays the 30L becomes our freezer, i can't recommened it hightly enough
every thing, i love engels won't even look at any other brans as nothing else compares, its faniastic

Glenn Reynolds

Glenn Reynoldsasked

MT60F-C

Where can I get a 12 volt lead have lost mine?

Ben R.

Ben R.asked

MT60F

is this fridge/freezer combines?

Julie B.

Julie B.asked

MT60

Cuts off and on all the time. Worth fixing

Rían Ó.
Rían Ó.

I wish they would send the bloody warranty part after well over two years, or I would

Compare all 4 Engel MT60
Engel MT60FCP

Engel MT60FCP

No reviews yet
CategoryPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / Freezers
Price (RRP) A$1,799.00A$1,849.00A$1,849.00A$1,899.00
Type Dedicated Fridge + Freezer ComboDedicated Fridge + Freezer ComboFridge OnlyDedicated Fridge + Freezer Combo
Capacity60L57L60L57L
Can Capacity80 Cans
Power SourceCar (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall OutletCar (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall OutletWall OutletCar (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall Outlet
FeaturesDigital Display PanelDigital Display Panel
Weight33 kg34 kg32 kg32 kg
Dimensions 441 x 790 x 490 mm441 x 790 x 490 mm441 x 790 x 490 mm441 x 790 x 490 mm
Construction MaterialStainless SteelStainless SteelStainless SteelStainless Steel
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Compare all 4 Engel MT60