• Seat Room
  • Wi-Fi
Ranjith

RanjithGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dodgy refund process

I Have booked a return ticket for December 2020 but my onward flight got cancelled by Etihad due to covid restrictions and I naively cancelled my return journey. Etihad now says they cannot provide me with a refund as per them I should have contacted customer care first to cancel my return ticket. ---Even though I have contacted Etihad the same hour after I cancelled online - they said they will not help. Please contact me if anyone from Australia facing the same issue, I am planning to file a complaint with ACCC regarding this. my email address is [Contact Details Removed]

No refund despite promise

My flight with Etihad was back in June 2020. Obviously did not occur. I had booked through STA Travel who is now non-existent. I have called Etihad multiple times and each time they said STA customers were entitled to a refund. 7 months later still no refund. Keep being told it is waiting to be reviewed by their refunds team??? What a load of rubbish. They are clearly just trying to hold on to everyone’s money due to loss of business. Virgin Australia paid my refund within 3 weeks despite being in administration!!!

Etihad A.Etihad Airways

Hi Ellie. STA ticket refunds will depend on the ticket stock. We can get that checked if you send us your 13 digit ticket number via private message on Facebook or Twitter. Thank you. *Sky

Glenn KIehneSouth East Queensland, QLD

COVID problems with no contact from Etihad

ClassEconomy
BookingThird Party
Glenn KIehne

My travel agent said they did apply to Etihad March 2020 and they had received no contact from Etihad, hence my review.

Rod G.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Disgraceful - just give me my money back!

Booked and paid via my travel agent return flights to Europe in September 2019. The flights were for leaving May 2020 returning June 2020.
Despite numerous attempts to receive a refund by both my agent and by myself Etihad refuse to speak or even contemplate refunding.
I had flown with Etihad a number of times pre COVID. Never again if this is how they treat people and show me my money!

Rod G.

My agent has been trying to do this for 8 months and has been getting nowhere.
I can give you my booking details if you like.

Kam

KamGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pathetic airline to travel with. The most dodgy airline I ever came across.

Karachi to Melbourne which was cancelled twice. Gave me a refund after two months. I called them so many times for refund but everytime a new lie was given to me.

Etihad A.Etihad Airways

Hi Kam. Kindly get in touch with our Call Centre team who can check all the available options for your ticket. They'll be able to help you further. *Sky

Horrendous customer service

Have been unable to get refund for flight cancelled due to COVID 5 weeks ago. Have sent numerous messages via social media, a different agent responds each time so there is zero continuity and have to repeatedly ask same question/provide same information. Extremely frustrating. Has really put me off Etihad.

Freda O.
Freda O.

I have been in touch several times a week over the past 5 weeks. Zero success in getting a refund. Appalling service.

PatriciaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Covid missing Miles due for refund now for over 3 months

I requested a refund in June due to Covid 19 and not being able to travel internationally from Melbourne to Heathrow and back from Ireland. I had used points to upgrade to Business class.
Not only have I had to struggle to get my money back which finally did come, but Im still having a terrible time getting the 314818 miles refunded.
Ive called them, emailed many times and still get the same answer: it's been escalated to the right department.
NOTHING is happening. Frustrated to the extreme!!

ClassBusiness Class
BookingThrough Airline
Etihad A.Etihad Airways

Hi Patricia, I do understand why you would be upset and woudl ask you to please send us your details via any of our Social Media channels, so that our team can follow up for you. Thanks. *Vio

Confirmation Code: KLEDBL

Flight cancelled in March 2020 - no refund after 6 months

Etihad A.Etihad Airways

Hi Anthony, please join us via our Social Media channels with our Etihad booking reference or ticket number, so we can look into this for you. Thanks *Vio

Gordon

Gordon

Still waiting for my refund

I purchased flights through Corporate Traveller to fly with Etihad to the UK. Their flights are normally quite good but they did mess my food order up. I am a platinum flyer so I made use of their first class lounge which is First class! The service in their lounge is amazing. However due to Covid 19 my recent flight was cancelled and I have been waiting three and a half months with no response on my refund. Their website says 45 days to refund which is total rubbish. Due to their lack of response on this I won't fly with them again. I understand their are lots of passengers in a similar position and delays but don't advertise 45 days to refund and it has been three and a half months with no sign of a refund and no date given.

Etihad A.Etihad Airways

Hi Gordon. This does not sound ideal. Please send us your booking reference number via a Private Message on Facebook or Twitter, so we can look into this for you. Thank you. *Mona

John N.Hunter Region, NSW

Flight Cancelled by Etihad, but they refused a refund

Even though Etihad has Cancelled my flights from their end, they have refused any kind of refund. This is against their own Rules and Regulations. I am now taking the matter to the ACCC & Department of Fair Trading. If that fails, I will have to engage a Solicitor and go to Court. Etihad are quick to take your money, but always refuse to refund. I would never recommend them to anyone, due to the way I have been treated.

John N.

Ugh, no, Etihad. Flight was cancelled by you. You owe me a refund, no questions asked. Simples. Etihad is owned by the Sultan of United Arab Emirates; he has plenty of money to refund your customers. The Sultan just chose not to!

Bulat Kadyrov

Bulat KadyrovSydney, NSW

Untrusted dodgy thief airlines

Etihad Airways has given up and turned away from their loyal customers when their services were most needed. People trusted them. My parents couldn't return home from Australia for almost a month because of Etihad Airways has cancelled flights.
But we really appreciate that there was another airline during this hard time for many of us. They helped us without any doubts and returned safely my parents home.
Thank you Qatar! You've been there for us!
And shame on you Etihad Airways! You are not even refunded our cancelled flight tickets and refuses to oblige your own terms and conditions by changing them 'on fly' to steal your customers' money for short term profit.
That's only thing can fly with Etihad - their arrogance and lies.

Dawn

DawnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Covid Refund Process

I booked flights to Dublin departing in April - As i could not go, the process to get a refund or credit was really easy - i chose the credit as i travel every year so i knew i can use one day, i also got an extra 250 dollar and more miles - well done Etihad

John ArcherSydney, NSW

ETIHAD has no integrity whatsoever

I was surprised at the number of 1 star reviews since Covid. Reminds me of our last flight with ETIHAD 12 months ago, long before Covid. Our flight was Sydney to Oslo via Abu Dhabi and Manchester. Our last leg was cancelled due to a pilots strike and the airline totally abandoned us in Manchester. There is no contact agent in Manchester and our phone calls and emails were deflected at all times. We had to organise our own carriage to Oslo at ruinous cost in the following days and despite a constant stream of requests for refund ever since they obstinately refuse to comply. The ETIHAD service on board the aircraft was very good but their corporate approach to customer service is appalling.

zackwest

zackwestWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Eithad has ABSOLUTELY NO INTEGRITY

I've been waiting over 2 months for Etihad to process a refund. They take NO RESPONSIBILITY for their incredibly poor processing. Incredibly frustrating experience. Will NEVER fly with them again.

Alex

AlexSydney Surrounds, NSW

Etihad refuses refund.

Useless Airline. Asked for a monetary refund for Melbourne To Azerbaijan that was cancelled due to COVID. ETIHAD absolutely refuses saying: 1) They can only issue useless "VOUCHERS" and 2) Need to use a travel agent to get them. So I joined Class Action lawsuit agsjvsf them. Ref#: RMTDCR

mahir

mahirGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I would give zero

Etihad cancelled our flight 6 times, they don't even refund the ticket. There are flights from abu Dhabi to our destination(on etihad website) but etihad told us that it has to be an etihad flight. And there is no etihad flight at all. Overstayed 5 months already.

Jenna A.

Jenna A.Sydney, NSW

Getting nowhere with Etihad! - give us our money back

We are getting nowhere with Etihad, we have been trying to cancel our flights and get a refund since April! This is extremely frustrating. We have a travel agent who has shown us proof of request and we have staff on the phone of Etihad stating there has been no requests for cancellation made. We want our refund and we want it now! We booked flights through travel agent and seats with extra room directly with Etihad and we cant get anywhere with either!booking reference : BQHQRV

Darkhorse

DarkhorseMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Joined class action for refund

My story is the same as many others but the timeline goes like this:

1) Booked UK trip from Aus in Feb 2020
2) China broke the world by giving us Coronavirus (thanks for that)
3) Etihad cancelled our flights
4) Request a refund. Only offered a voucher to the value of about 30% of the original fare
5) Joined a class action
6) Demanded a full refund just today via Facebook
7) Refund approved within 30 minutes

Talk about How to suck at running an airline!

Etihad A.Etihad Airways

Hi there. Our waiver policy has changed throughout the months to better cater to our guests' travel demands. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us today. *Sky

Aliénor I.Sydney, NSW

No refund despite clear terms and conditions

I have been fighting for weeks to get a refund of my cancelled flights to Europe. Etihad cancelled the flight but refuse to oblige to their own terms and conditions and provide a refund.
I have reached the limit, they won't reply to me anymore and have not even once stated any legal reason why they won't refund. A company must oblige to their terms and conditions, this is a legal requirement.
I'm disappointed and appalled by this lack of customer service.

I, too, have registered my interest for a class action against Etihad. What they are doing isn't right.

I will keep fighting for my money. Etihad has not provided the service, they can't keep the money!!

Jamie A.

Jamie A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Ethically void airline

In the same boat as many others.

Etihad decided to cancel flights and are only offering a credit to be used within a timeline in which international travel for leisure will be almost impossible.

Have received no correspondence from Etihad, only found out about credits are chasing them up through a third party agent.

I have joined the Slater & Gordon class action against travel providers who are refusing refunds and suggest others to do the same.
[weblink removed]

Will never fly Etihad again if their current position continues.