1.6

• Wi-Fi
John N.

John N.Hunter Region, NSW

Flight Cancelled by Etihad, but they refused a refund

Even though Etihad has Cancelled my flights from their end, they have refused any kind of refund. This is against their own Rules and Regulations. I am now taking the matter to the ACCC & Department of Fair Trading. If that fails, I will have to engage a Solicitor and go to Court. Etihad are quick to take your money, but always refuse to refund. I would never recommend them to anyone, due to the way I have been treated.

DestinationBaku, Azerbaijan
Bulat Kadyrov

Bulat KadyrovSydney, NSW

Untrusted dodgy thief airlines

Etihad Airways has given up and turned away from their loyal customers when their services were most needed. People trusted them. My parents couldn't return home from Australia for almost a month because of Etihad Airways has cancelled flights.
But we really appreciate that there was another airline during this hard time for many of us. They helped us without any doubts and returned safely my parents home.
Thank you Qatar! You've been there for us!
And shame on you Etihad Airways! You are not even refunded our cancelled flight tickets and refuses to oblige your own terms and conditions by changing them 'on fly' to steal your customers' money for short term profit.
That's only thing can fly with Etihad - their arrogance and lies.

DestinationMoscow, Russia
Dawn

DawnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Covid Refund Process

I booked flights to Dublin departing in April - As i could not go, the process to get a refund or credit was really easy - i chose the credit as i travel every year so i knew i can use one day, i also got an extra 250 dollar and more miles - well done Etihad

John ArcherSydney, NSW

ETIHAD has no integrity whatsoever

I was surprised at the number of 1 star reviews since Covid. Reminds me of our last flight with ETIHAD 12 months ago, long before Covid. Our flight was Sydney to Oslo via Abu Dhabi and Manchester. Our last leg was cancelled due to a pilots strike and the airline totally abandoned us in Manchester. There is no contact agent in Manchester and our phone calls and emails were deflected at all times. We had to organise our own carriage to Oslo at ruinous cost in the following days and despite a constant stream of requests for refund ever since they obstinately refuse to comply. The ETIHAD service on board the aircraft was very good but their corporate approach to customer service is appalling.

DestinationOslo, Norway
zackwest

zackwestWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Eithad has ABSOLUTELY NO INTEGRITY

I've been waiting over 2 months for Etihad to process a refund. They take NO RESPONSIBILITY for their incredibly poor processing. Incredibly frustrating experience. Will NEVER fly with them again.

Alex

AlexSydney Surrounds, NSW

Etihad refuses refund.

Useless Airline. Asked for a monetary refund for Melbourne To Azerbaijan that was cancelled due to COVID. ETIHAD absolutely refuses saying: 1) They can only issue useless "VOUCHERS" and 2) Need to use a travel agent to get them. So I joined Class Action lawsuit agsjvsf them. Ref#: RMTDCR

DestinationBaku, Azerbaijan
mahir

mahirGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I would give zero

Etihad cancelled our flight 6 times, they don't even refund the ticket. There are flights from abu Dhabi to our destination(on etihad website) but etihad told us that it has to be an etihad flight. And there is no etihad flight at all. Overstayed 5 months already.

Destinationİstanbul, Turkey
Jenna A.

Jenna A.Sydney, NSW

Getting nowhere with Etihad! - give us our money back

We are getting nowhere with Etihad, we have been trying to cancel our flights and get a refund since April! This is extremely frustrating. We have a travel agent who has shown us proof of request and we have staff on the phone of Etihad stating there has been no requests for cancellation made. We want our refund and we want it now! We booked flights through travel agent and seats with extra room directly with Etihad and we cant get anywhere with either!booking reference : BQHQRV

Darkhorse

DarkhorseMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Joined class action for refund

My story is the same as many others but the timeline goes like this:

1) Booked UK trip from Aus in Feb 2020
2) China broke the world by giving us Coronavirus (thanks for that)
3) Etihad cancelled our flights
4) Request a refund. Only offered a voucher to the value of about 30% of the original fare
5) Joined a class action
6) Demanded a full refund just today via Facebook
7) Refund approved within 30 minutes

Talk about How to suck at running an airline!

Etihad A.Etihad Airways

Hi there. Our waiver policy has changed throughout the months to better cater to our guests' travel demands. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us today. *Sky

Aliénor I.Sydney, NSW

No refund despite clear terms and conditions

I have been fighting for weeks to get a refund of my cancelled flights to Europe. Etihad cancelled the flight but refuse to oblige to their own terms and conditions and provide a refund.
I have reached the limit, they won't reply to me anymore and have not even once stated any legal reason why they won't refund. A company must oblige to their terms and conditions, this is a legal requirement.
I'm disappointed and appalled by this lack of customer service.

I, too, have registered my interest for a class action against Etihad. What they are doing isn't right.

I will keep fighting for my money. Etihad has not provided the service, they can't keep the money!!

DepartureAuckland, New Zealand
DestinationParis, France
Jamie A.

Jamie A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Ethically void airline

In the same boat as many others.

Etihad decided to cancel flights and are only offering a credit to be used within a timeline in which international travel for leisure will be almost impossible.

Have received no correspondence from Etihad, only found out about credits are chasing them up through a third party agent.

I have joined the Slater & Gordon class action against travel providers who are refusing refunds and suggest others to do the same.
[weblink removed]

Will never fly Etihad again if their current position continues.

DepartureAbu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
DestinationMelbourne VIC, Australia

Jess1875AU

Disappointing experience in relation to cancelled flights

DestinationSwitzerland
Robert

RobertCentral West, NSW

Refunded Airmiles then immediately expired them

Booked 5 return flights from Sydney to Cairns with Etihad air miles ( had to buy 30,000 air miles to top up)
Flights cancelled by Virgin due to Covid 19, Etihad agreed by call centre to refund the airmiles. When the miles arrived in my account Etihad immediately expired them. Looking at these reviews Etihad are over in Australia, I will never use them again!
The call centre said they would be refunded, I have called twice, pointless! Nothing happens. [name removed] please don’t give me your cut and paste social media response!

Etihad A.Etihad Airways

Hi Robert, due to the current situation, we have extended our guest miles. Please contact Etihad Guest mile to find out more details. Thank you. *Zoe

Robert GatecliffeGippsland, VIC

Disgusting Behaviour

Etihad A.Etihad Airways

Hi Robert, please contact our team on Facebook or TwitterHelp to follow up your refund. Thank you. *Zoe

Robert Gatecliffe

I don’t use twitter or Facebook.............make contact directly. Just pay me our refund - immediately. The only communication I want from Etihad is to tell me you have paid it.

Robert Gatecliffe

More delaying tactics and lies...? It will not stop my legal action until it is settled in full - that is in full. No monies taken from me - in full - get the message etihad???

Will never fly again.

I am a frequent flyer, going to Europe yearly. Flight booked for April 2020, Etihad cancelled, only one option was given flight credits, I need my refund !!!!!!!!!!!My experience this year was the final time I will never be considering flying with Etihad. You have lost me! never again

DestinationAthens, Greece

JoanneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Etihad Won't Respond to Emails Regarding Cancellation

Esther11200South East Queensland, QLD

Yet to see ETIHADS ethical approach...

Etihad A.Etihad Airways

Hi Esther, please send us a message with your ticket number via our Social so that we can look into to this for you. *Rose

RamonSydney, NSW

Etihad won't refund the flights THEY cancelled unless I pay $550 cancellation fee

I booked flights directly with Etihad from Sydney to Barcelona return (Jun-Aug 2020). I called them up to get a refund since the airline cancelled the flights. I was told that the flights were refundable but there was a $550 cancelation fee which I obviously refused to pay (I'd be happy to pay for it if I had initiated such cancelation). Not giving a full refund for a service NOT provided goes against Australian Consumer Laws. I'll proceed to request a chargeback.

DestinationBarcelona, Spain
Etihad A.Etihad Airways

Hi Ramon, please contact us with your ticket number via our Social Media channels so that we can assist you further. *Rose

CandiceGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Etihad disgusting treatment of travellers in Australia

I booked a return flight with Etihad Melbourne to Rome to meet a cruise. Etihad then change the time of the flight by 24 hrs therefore I would miss my cruise.Then Covid 19 started and the flight was cancelled by ETIHAD not by me. They are refusing refunds. According to Australian Consumer Laws I am entitled to a full refund. Why is this not happening ?Etihad. You refund your customers in the UK and USA why not Australia???

Etihad A.Etihad Airways

Hi Candice, please send us a message via our Social Media channels with your ticket number so that we can look into this for you. *Rose

MJMSydney, NSW

Etihad's questionable integrity

DestinationAmsterdam, Netherlands
Etihad A.Etihad Airways

Hi MJM, please contact us via our Social Media channels so that we can assist you further. *Rose

MJM

I've already been in contact with Etihad, hence my review.