2Evakool 40L Drawer Fridge/Freezer DC40-DRW

3.3
3.1

Kevin T.
Kevin T.Perth, WA

Not working and near new

Have a fairly new draw fridge. Plugged in today however the compressor won't kick in. Display shows negative 4 however ambient temperature is around 15 degrees.
Not a happy camper.
Stephen SGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts
Bec W.
Bec W.2 posts

Would not recommend

Worked for the first two weeks, then would not keep items cool. Temp constantly rising. I have tried everything - checking the wiring, ensuring enough ventilation, keeping it empty to see if it works. I eventually took off the back and the four main wires (red and blue) were barely attached. I do not go off road in my van - very cheaply built. Evakool of no help. Spend your $1000+ elsewhere. Show details
EvaKool Australia   DM

Hi Bec, We are very sorry to hear this, Please send us your contact details to warranty@evakool.com and we will be able to help you. We have a team of service agents around the country who will be able to assist you with the repairs.

Derek
Derek

A great freezer for a boat

I skipper boats for reef monitoring in the tropics. We installed an Evakool drawer fridge/freezer in one boat about 5 years ago and have run it as a freezer ever since. It has worked like a charm from day one. So well that we have installed another in our second boat.
We can have frozen meat, veggies and even ice cream throughout an 8 week voyage in the steamy wet season. For an old sailor, that is amazing. Power consumption is low compared to the boat’s built in refrigerator, there is minimal condensation, they are very quiet, wonderfully conservative of space and simple to install. Their finish and construction are good quality and robust. Our 5 year old version looks like new. Show details
Pittwater Eco Floor S.
Pittwater Eco Floor S.

Worse fridge ever

I’ve bought this fridge because I have another aus made evakool that goes well after 15 years. But this draw fridge is a complete land fill. All the reviews here are exactly what happened to me .
Geoff M.
Geoff M.

Nunyabusiness
Nunyabusiness

N Evakool

Poorly manufactured, even their “Down Under” Series are complete garbage. Do yourself a favour and go buy yours a bushman. Show details
Lened B.
Lened B.South East Queensland, QLD6 posts

For the first year all good but after that the fridge draws 6+ amps and struggles to keep temp of 0c

I wouldn't buy another one now
There is no customer service
The person who claims to of worked on it has not touched it as the factory sadistic is still on all the plugs Show details
Jim C.
Jim C.Richmond-Tweed, NSW2 posts

Average fridge terrible freezer

Good idea as easy to access. Fun stops there. Fridge works ok. We purchased two, one to use as a freezer, will not hold -10 in hot weather. Draw a lot more power than most information I read. Installed an extra fan blowing past rear of fridges, didn't help. Will be going as soon as I get one repaired.(18 months old) never again. Show details
David Cauchi
David CauchiPerth, WA4 posts

Terrible after sale service

I have a 40lt draw fridge. The draw runner failed with a fridge full of food inside. This damaged the tub, runner and my door. Evakool replaced the tub and the runner but wouldn’t replace the door. They said I damaged it and didn’t want to know me.

They did sell did my money though $140 dollars for a second hand door and $50 for postage, then when startrack lost it Evakool didn’t want to know about it.

They would have to be one of the worst companies to deal with. Don’t answer the phone and when they do the receptionist is rude and not helpful.

Regret going anywhere near a Evakool fridge. Show details

Glen
Glen

Alexhome007
Alexhome007Melbourne24 posts

Jason M.

My draw keeps coming out of the sliders on the side. Well one side stays in and the other falls out. Can be either side.

Stephen S

Make sure each side slides are in correctly and with the white plastic lock levers pressed up and down as the case may be for each side. It may take a few attempts for the slide to work in and out without the food tray.

thanks, will try tomorrow

Hugh L.
Hugh L.

I've got the 40L drawer fridge the drawer closes properly but the catches won't keep it closed. This is the first time it's been used, but due to covid and other reasons it's only been on one trip. The catches don't look worn. Has anyone got a solution?

EvaKool Australia   DM

Hi Hugh, Please send an email through to our warranty team with some photos and we can send you a video that will show you how to adjust this.

Sharon
Sharon

Our 40ltr drawer fridge/freezer won't go down below -6, physically can't push the buttons lower. At times the buttons work, we change it to -16 but the coldest it will go to is '-6.

EvaKool Australia   DM

Hi Sharon, we're disappointed your experiencing this but we would like to get this resolved for you as soon as possible. Please contact our customer service team for further assistance sales@evakool.com.

CategoryPortable Fridges / Freezers
Price (RRP) $899
Type Drawer Fridge
Capacity40L
Can Capacity48 Cans
Power SourceCar (Cigarette Lighter)
FeaturesDigital Display Panel