EvaKool ED Fibreglass

EvaKool ED Fibreglass

ED45, ED65 and ED85
5.0 from 1 review

See the Best Portable Fridges / Freezers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Replacement for the one I broke

I had an EvaKool 74L for more years than I can remember, I'd had very little problem with it; replaced the hinges and one of the catches and had to re-solder the power connections after a long trip over very corrugated roads. Unfortunately I accidentally left it running over a 48 hour heatwave with the lid open, it was still valiantly trying to cool but not quite succeeding to freeze. The service agents wanted me to drive a 400km round trip, pay them $120, and leave the fridge with them for 2-3 weeks and they would look at it and give me a quote to fix it; then I'd either have to pick it up (another 400km) or wait while they got the parts (they suggested that'd be a month or two IF they could get them) - either way, I lose the $120.

I decided the best way around this was to buy another fridge, the reason for the ED85 was that it fitted in the space I had in the ute under the torneau cover, most of the models are too high. EvaKool were very obliging, they placed the lid opening and the compressor where I wanted them, Slightly larger footprint than the old one but went in well. All dimensions are published on EvaKool's website making it easy to know what you're getting.

I like the fact that they are an Australian company and that you can phone them with questions, they also do call back if they say they will. The only con for me was that the power connectors are totally different to what I'd
was expecting and placed on the back of the fridge in an awkward position, only a minor inconvenience and I was able to give the old leads to a son who has one of their fridges with the old type connectors.

Date PurchasedNov 2018