Evolution Rage5-S 255mm Multi-Material TCT Evolution Table Saw

Evolution Rage5-S 255mm Multi-Material TCT Evolution Table Saw

See the Best Table Saws in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Dave from the 'burbs

Dave from the 'burbsPerth, WA

A good table saw with a few niggles

Purchased in December 2018 at Total Tools Physical store for $499.00.

Dave

DaveSouthwest, VIC

Best Value

I am a keen DIY. I did a fair bit of research before buying this tool. I don't think you can get another portable table saw with a Trolley and a sliding bench. Sure, if you are a tradie you may want something with a bigger motor and stronger skin. But, hey, you will probably spend more than twice the price. For me, this is as good as it gets.

Purchased in August 2019 at Total Tools for $520.00.

Curt

CurtVIC, 3044

Amazing for its price

This table saw breaks all the rules of you get what you pay for. I was amazed how good this saw is. Out of the box it was bang on accurate. For its price point it is unheard of to get a saw with a sliding top and such a large rip capacity. I would recommend this to anyone that can't afford to drop a grand on a saw.

Purchased in February 2019 at Total Tools for $549.00.

Dan JohnsonSunshine Coast, QLD

Good saw, after adjustments

Jim and Valasked

Hi Dave
I have just purchased one of these saws and have the same problem with the blade not square with no more adjustment, are you able to send a link on how to fix this as you did with your saw. Many thanks in advance Jim

Rage 5-S Blade to table adjustment

Ensure the machine is unplugged.

1, Remove the blade guard
2, remove the orange table insert
3, measure the gap between blade and the right-side T-Slot front and rear of blade.
4, loosen the 2 countersunk Hex screws at the rear of the blade first.
5, move the aluminium bracket to the left or right to make the blade parallel with the T-Slot.
6, if you cannot achieve the parallel with the T-Slot repeat on the front.

Jim and Val

Thank you for the very prompt reply I will try this tomorrow I only purchased the saw yesterday and have assembled it today and trying to get it as accurate as possible I understand that compared to the better brands it is a cheap saw, but from what I researched it came up with a good report.
Thank you again and I hope you do not mind if I have to ask more questions.
Kind Regards Jim

Dave Hasked

Hi Dan and anybody else who owns one,

Would you purchase the same model again? or would you select another Brand.

Asking because I'm 80-90% there but don't want to buy a lemon again,

Previously owned the following table saws

Delta table DIY Saw - good but too light and moves with bigger timber, brother also lost fence and other parts when borrowed.

Ryobi Table DIY saw - a lemon

Triton good but annoying when changing configuration

Cheers

Dan Johnson

If you are happy tuning the saw, then definitely buy it. I would buy it again. I'd like the Dewalt of course, but that is double the price almost.

Dave H

Hi Dan thank you for the quick reply, many thanks

CategoryTable Saws