Evolution Rage5-S 255mm Multi-Material TCT Evolution Table Saw

Evolution Rage5-S 255mm Multi-Material TCT Evolution Table Saw

Pros

• Multi-functioning blade

• Extendable sides for versatility

• Portable

Cons

• Assembly instructions can be difficult to follow

3.7

Disappointing

Had the saw for a while now and used it regularly. Weak plastic body meant a tooth snapped off the angle adjustment easily. Endless problems with the fence and throat plate means that cuts come out lop sided regardless of how many times i try to zero the table in. Plastic throat plate is a joke and has had to be replaced twice. Emailed the company. No reply. Answer = save up a bit extra and buy yourself a dewalt. Trust me on this one.

Purchased in November 2020 for $320.00.

John S
John SLancefiled

Great Saw for the home user

Only reason not to give 5 stars is because the trolley assembly instructions were not the best but I found a demo on YouTube which saved a lot of pain. Saw works really well and does more than I thought it did. The table is really large. Then there's the multifunction blade ... also cool. Wish I hadn't waited to buy. Had no trouble lining up the fence to get repeatable cuts. Remarkably accurate for what it is. Sliding mitre is a little more tricky and I check that every time before use. I've had it for just over 2 years now. It is my favourite power tool.
Guys at Total Tools Sunbury were great.

Purchased in August 2018 at Total Tools for $499.00.

Des B.
Des B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good Saw....but.....

Purchased in September 2020 at Total Tools for $599.00.

Table Saws

Find out how Evolution Rage5-S 255mm Multi-Material TCT Evolution Table Saw compares to other Table Saws

Justin J.
Justin J.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great for the home handyman

Purchased in August 2019 at Total Tools for $550.00.

Romeo
RomeoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor support

Evolution website direct you to Total Tools for all support. Total Tools are incapable of providing any post sales support. They tell me to contact Evolution and around and around we go.
The arbor size really limits your ability to get quality blades and forget using it for something like a dado etc as you can't buy the blades for this machine.

Purchased in June 2019 at Total Tools.

Value for money

I bought this machine a couple of years ago, and I’m delighted with its performance as I only saw light timber ie maximum of 38mm pine. If you wish to saw thicker than this go for something else as I think this is about the limit of its motor. The fence is a feature, as is the ability to stretch the bench top to accommodate ply sheet, but above all I can fold it up and put it aside without it taking up a lot of space. I found the blade will cut steel after cutting a 4mm spike embedded in a stick of timber. To the credit of the Total Tools guy when I bought it he made sure I was aware that it was a light saw. Not sure it would drive a dado.

Purchased in March 2018 at Total Tools for $499.00.

Graham
GrahamGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent value for your money

Purchased in March 2020 at Total Tools for $559.00.

Dave from the 'burbs
Dave from the 'burbsPerth, WA

A good table saw with a few niggles

Purchased in December 2018 at Total Tools Physical store for $499.00.

Dave
DaveSouthwest, VIC

Best Value

I am a keen DIY. I did a fair bit of research before buying this tool. I don't think you can get another portable table saw with a Trolley and a sliding bench. Sure, if you are a tradie you may want something with a bigger motor and stronger skin. But, hey, you will probably spend more than twice the price. For me, this is as good as it gets.

Purchased in August 2019 at Total Tools for $520.00.

Table Saws

Curt
CurtVIC, 3044

Amazing for its price

This table saw breaks all the rules of you get what you pay for. I was amazed how good this saw is. Out of the box it was bang on accurate. For its price point it is unheard of to get a saw with a sliding top and such a large rip capacity. I would recommend this to anyone that can't afford to drop a grand on a saw.

Purchased in February 2019 at Total Tools for $549.00.

PETE K.asked

I am very interested in the evolution rage 5 s ,with the view to purchase, based on the reviews and the sale price, when and where would it become available? Area location ALBURY NSW email address
[email address removed]

Mike

Hi Pete K, AllTools carry these. This is a “light” saw that handles up to 38mm comfortably and will saw heavier if needed. I purchased mine as most of my sawring is 19mm ply, I wheel it out of the shed so sawdust doesn’t have to be swept up and then it folds away taking up less space. It also easy to adjust and has a great fence setup giving satisfactory accuracy. My only gripe is that the off button is hard to get at so I’ve had to rig up a paddle that I can bump with my knee. Mike Yackandandah

Thanks Mike, sounds good to me, I might follow it up with All tools Albury
Peter K Corowa

Trevor Warren
Trevor Warrenasked

do they have kick back atatchment

No. Only a standard riving knife.

Jim and Valasked

Hi Dave
I have just purchased one of these saws and have the same problem with the blade not square with no more adjustment, are you able to send a link on how to fix this as you did with your saw. Many thanks in advance Jim

Dan Johnson
Dan Johnson

Rage 5-S Blade to table adjustment

Ensure the machine is unplugged.

1, Remove the blade guard
2, remove the orange table insert
3, measure the gap between blade and the right-side T-Slot front and rear of blade.
4, loosen the 2 countersunk Hex screws at the rear of the blade first.
5, move the aluminium bracket to the left or right to make the blade parallel with the T-Slot.
6, if you cannot achieve the parallel with the T-Slot repeat on the front.

Jim and Val

Thank you for the very prompt reply I will try this tomorrow I only purchased the saw yesterday and have assembled it today and trying to get it as accurate as possible I understand that compared to the better brands it is a cheap saw, but from what I researched it came up with a good report.
Thank you again and I hope you do not mind if I have to ask more questions.
Kind Regards Jim

See all Evolution Rage5-S 255mm Multi-Material TCT Evolution Table Saw questions

The RAGE 5-S multipurpose table provides a powerful, clean and accurate cut and virtually no sparks when cutting steel. The blade height can be adjusted for cutting a variety of materials, the built-in wheels allow for easy portability and the folding stand allows for effortless storage. The RAGE 5-S is supplied with an R255-TCT multipurpose blade (28 teeth), with a 255 mm blade diameter and 25.4 mm bore diameter.

Features

• Can cut through many materials such as wood, ferrous metal, non-ferrous metal and plastic with one wood.
  • Accurate rip cutting, assisted by an adjustable, full-length, parallel fence with measuring rail guide.
  • Ensures reliable and smooth square cutting in a variety of materials.
  • Has a powerful high-torque motor with an optimized gearbox & blade system.
  • 0- 45-degree bevel tilt and 60 - 60-degree mitre fence covers all common, compound cutting angles.
  • 83mm depth of cut at 90 degrees and 58mm depth of cut at 45 degrees.
  • Integrated dust port above and below the blade captures dust effectively when fitted to an extraction unit/vacuum (sold separately).
  • Collapsible frame with wheels for easy storage and portability.
  • Left and right table extensions support wide work-pieces with a table surface area of 1200mm x 640mm when fully extended.
  • 1.5m durable cable with the built-in storage cable holder.
  • Push Stick included for safer operation when handling smaller offcuts.
  • 3-year limited warranty.
  • Japanese Tungsten-Carbide-Tipped (TCT) 255mm blade included.

What reviewers thought:

Reviewers noted that the tabletop surface is made from aluminium, not cast iron so you won’t be able to use any magnetic jigs or feather boards. The installation can be a little tricky to set up but overall, the product has great features and ease of handling.