Excalibur Dehydrator 4500 / 4900

Excalibur Dehydrator 4500 / 4900

4500, 4526T, 4548CDB, 4900, 4926T and 4948CDB

A wondeful addition to my kitchen

Great service from Echolife and Zesty by Nature, Instructions were very easy to understand. Food dehydrated well and within specified times. Very happy with my appliance. I was able to dry tomatoes, carrots,apples, made tomato powder. Our local doctor has one and she loves hers. I researched dehydrators for some time and took notice of my doctor's recommendation. I would certainly deal with these companies again

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Lorraine R.Excalibur Dehydrator

Hi Ricky, thank you for your great review. We love to hear that you are happy with your dehydrator and if you ever have a question, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Poor quality

I was looking for to prolonging my fruits through dehydration. However, the product arrive cracked due to poor packaging. The cardboard was in perfect shape. No reason to suspect deliver service. The unit upon start up vibrates loudly. I would not recommend the product. Definitely not worth spending about $200.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

gaspCollinsvale Tasmania

Totally efficient

Excellent unit. A bit costly but worth the extra dollars. Made in USA. Not a peice of junk. Others not a patch. Easy to master. Good instructions. Quick and consistent results. I dont use any chemicals or preservatives. Many who have seen the results are amazed and some have purchased the same model and are delighted also. I do fruit herbs and veges in the main. Pot pouri petals in a couple of hours. I dont do meat so cannot comment. Totally recommend this unit.

derbyfourMELBOURNE

Love it

Alld_one

Alld_oneSydney

Love this machine - huge, great airflow and quiet

BAJW

BAJWGold Coast, Queensland

Best dehydrator on the market

I replaced my sunbeam dehydrator with this machine after I got sick of the round hole in the middle trays, this machine is fantastic, I use it roughly 2-3 times per week. Dries much more evenly and seems to be faster as well. I recommend the timer version as this allows you to pop it on and walk away. The machine is also much quieter than the sunbeam also, def. worth the extra money if you are a regular user.
Quiet, timer, even drying, great!
None

Ken

Kenasked

4526T

hello,
I live in Melbourne Victoria and would like to know where can I buy the Excalibur dehydrator 4500/4900? Thank you!

derbyfour

A few options but you do need to shop around for the best buy.
1. from the Excalibur website- they stock the widest range of models as far as I can tell- http://www.excaliburdehydratorsaustralia.com/4500-series/
2.Ebay Australia-some good bargains there across a range of models.
3.Health food shops, Doubt if they are sold at all health food shops however I did a quick on line search and have found distributors at a number of health food shops in Oz such as :- Zesty by Nature, Echo Life, Hello Green, Vitality 4 Life, Vitality Plus, sprout net,The Raw Food Store and Natures Wonderland etc and etc.
4. I didn't check the address details of the listed distributors so no idea if any have outlets in Melbourne. Most likely you will need to consider postage so figure it into your costs when comparing.

I haven't yet seen them in the major retail stores and doubt very much if you will find them there.

I bought mine on ebay. It was a great bargain with free shipping and arrived in a blink.

Hi Ken
I also purchased mine on line. I think via ebay also. It was several years ago now so have forgotten. I had to wait a bit as the supplier was out of stock - they are ex USA. Worth the wait though.I just finished drying a crop of native peppercorns from my trees. I have the 5 drawer model which is adequate for me.It will handle about 3 kgs of sliced apple or 4 small pineapple sliced.

Hi Ken,
Zesty By Nature is Australia's Sole Distributor for Excalibur Dehydrators. We have online resellers all over Australia with very few who are able to stock our products. This means that you will have to purchase online and your order will be drop shipped from our Queensland warehouse.

Angela and Derek

Angela and Derekasked

Hi Just wondering has anyone dehydrated meat, fruit and veges in together??? and if so in which model?

many thanks

Lorraine R.Excalibur Dehydrator

We do not recommend mixing meat with fruit and veg. There is no problem with mixing fruit and veg together but just not meat for general food safety reasons. All Excalibur models dehydrate all fruit, veg and meats very well!

Password

Passwordasked

4526T

I am looking for a reasonably-priced dehydrator for my daughter's birthday. Ideally, I would like stainless steel trays and a timer. If I purchased the 4526T, can you replace the plastic trays for stainless steel trays? Is this model the most reasonably-priced? We do not need anything big. Do you know how this compares with the Biochef Arizona? Where can you purchase these dehydrators in Sydney or can you only buy them online?

The Y-man

I imagine they are the same size trays so should be able to interchange.........

You would have to buy the trays separately

Hello!
I think that some health food stores sell them but I bought mine online (eBay) - I got a very good price and postage was included, plus it arrived very quickly.
I recommend going for the 9 tray as it is not any wider - just higher so you can fit more into it and once you take the trays out it is higher for those one off things that you need height for.
I don't know about the steel trays being interchangable, you might want to check directly with http://www.excaliburdehydratorsaustralia.com/
I looked at the steel trays but found the plastic ones more functional for my use (and I use it for just about everything from raising bread to crafting and drying out anything). It cleans out like a dream and the trays are very light and don't get hot to touch.
There are some excellent web sources and U-Tube videos comparing the excallibur to various other dehydrators, including the BioChef. You might want to search for them and have a look.

Lorraine R.Excalibur Dehydrator

Stainless steel trays are interchangeable but you have to purchase them as an accessory as the poly carbonate trays come standard.
If you feel you do not need a timer, there is also a no timer 5 tray model (4500) with a $30 price difference, depending who you purchase your machine through.
There are very few stores around Australia that stock the Excalibur. You will have to buy online with your location.

Get an answer from our members and Excalibur Dehydrator representatives

Excalibur Dehydrator 4900

Excalibur Dehydrator 4926T

Excalibur Dehydrator 4926T

3.0
CategoryFood DehydratorsFood DehydratorsFood DehydratorsFood DehydratorsFood DehydratorsFood Dehydrators
Price (RRP) $529$599$429$399$449$499