Verifiedexetel.com.au

1.8

Ahlephia
AhlephiaSouth East Queensland, QLD10 posts

Easy Peeasy Set Up And Service

Fantastic customer service in order to move the account from my ex's name to mine. Easy set up. Very happy.
Stuart E.
Stuart E.Sydney, NSW

Kylie
KylieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Appalling Customer Service

Absolutely appalling service Exetel. I had been without data and text message for five days.

I have several phone calls to the company and keep being passed from division to division. This morning alone I was on the phone to the company for over 1 hour for put on hold to another division with an additional 30 minute waiting, where I had enough and hung up.

Shame on your company for not assisting and am still without the service fixed.

The phone bill is up to date and charging the full fee and the service not working!

Do not recommend.

Fahad A
Fahad ASydney, NSW6 posts

HORRIBLE. DO NOT SIGN UP!

One of the worst providers ive experienced. Horrible connection that dropped out and was inconsistent almost daily. Long waits to get to technical support. Poor support once you finally get through. If you're signed up, contact the TIO and lodge a complaint - the only way I managed to get out of this scam of a company! The cheap plans are NOT worth it!
Samantha
SamanthaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC5 posts

Would NOT recommend

I have mobile broadband with Exetel and it is horribly slow! We go over the data limit most months which is our fault, Exetel charge $10 per 10gb of excess data used which would be totally fine but once we go over our contracted amount of date the internet slows down to an usable speed so I’m not exactly sure why they charge extra when you can even use it?? (This has only been a problem for the last few months, before then the data never slowed, we’ve contacted them and they tried to fix it but after 4 calls nothing was fixed). The customer service is almost nonexistent, I never get a reply but email and nothing is ever fixed over the phone. I can’t wait till we’re out of contract and can change providers!
YvetteA
YvetteASydney, NSW3 posts

Constant outage, issue not resolved

I've had exetels mobile broadband for 6 months. I have had numerous outtages almost daily, and so slow a lot of the time. I now work from home so unreliability is a Big issue. I have called 8 times and spent ages trying to fix issues. It's now not working at all and I'm waiting and not sure if a replacement modem is on its way as no one has called back and confirmed as promised. I also suggested that they switch me to adsl to overcome the problems but they insisted I have to pay an early exit fee of $185!!
I've given up. I'm moving suppliers. Do not use EXETEL
Joe
JoeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

terrible service, reception and support

The service is terrible. I am in a suburban area of bayside Melbourne and can never connect to the wifi. Have had multiple techs try and fix this problem with no success. Tried to upgrade to nbn but was told I would incur a $185 cancellation fee for a contract that has $$240 left on it even though it is not usable. I will be taking my business elsewhere.
yunus
yunusSouth East Queensland, QLD30 posts

Jo_Adelaide
Jo_AdelaideAdelaide2 posts

Exetel 250gb

I have had this for over 6 months now and very very occasionally I need to turn it off and on (modem) to reboot and not had an issue apart from that. Was running Nefkix SD and was hardly using the full 250gb but have cut netflix only due to budgeting and instead using free tv/movie streaming. Supports my wireless security system and Spotify with no issues in connectivity. Rate it highly for a low budget option.
burning l.
burning l.5 posts

Beware of massive hidden charges!

These guys are a classic, quoting low prices up front and then stinging you for backend charges. They are attempting to whack me with a penalty fee of 25% of the monthly internet service charge following a failure of their payment system. I have raised a dispute and they have cut off my service. I have paid all of my monthly service fees and have no service. Really?

There are so many Internet service providers these days, so I recommend you choose one that looks after you like a genuinely valuable customer, rather than penalising you for their own failure.

Stay away or suffer :)

Deano
Deano

Sarah and Rick
Sarah and RickSydney, NSW2 posts

Terrible.....slow Mobile Broadband and misleading website

Signed up to the Mobile Broadband, ridiculously slow. Evening times under 1Mbps.... I mean really? My dial up 56k modem was quicker in 1996.
Website states 12Mbps, I then discovered this was false as they informed me after I signed that Optus cap the speed at 5Mbps!!
Optus are useless.
Glad I only signed for a month to month and not a long contract.
I must say the tech side of Exetel were very prompt and tried to help but they can't do much as the service is supplied by Optus.
Check out the awesome speeds I'm currently getting in the image.
Kimberley S.
Kimberley S.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

KKK123
KKK123Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Worst ever internet you could buy

Ordered the modem, relying on a good Canstar review and recommendation.
It’s been nothing short of a nightmare since I got it.
Easy to set up, however signal keeps dropping out. So I am left without internet for hours.
I have spent in excess of 2 hours waiting to get through to their customer support team. When I did get through, Could hardly understand the technical support person who was based in Sri Lanka and had basic English knowledge.
Then I was told I would be sent another modem as they have had issues with Netcomm. And I’d be completely left without internet for the next 4 days
Unreliable service. Worst customer support line ever.
My only consolation is that I never signed a 12 month contract. Opted for month to month billing.
Dave
Dave3 posts

The single worst experience I have had with telecommunications.... Just let that sink in for a second

The modem sent was not setup correctly, then after the 3 hour wait to tech support, they helped input the correct info, then the service dropped out 3 hours later for the first time. A week of having this connection and i still have not had a single full day off service. 6 calls to the tech support team and now the tech support is not doing a call back service, 89 people in front of me with estimated time of 168 minutes.
There is no excuse to why this service is so poor.