3Falken Azenis FK453

1.0
Durability
Dry Weather Handling
2.0
Brand Manager for Falken? Claim your listing.

Hapthor
HapthorSydney, NSW4 posts

Dangerous in the wet

These tyres are cheap and not good quality replacements. There is worse out there, but generally they are average at best in the dry, and utterly dangerous and terrible in the wet.

I would not recommend these tyres to anyone. Show details

Overall
Noise Level
Functionality
Col
ColPerth, WA10 posts

Grippy

These Tyres grip incredibly good in the wet.

After having them fitted I took the XR6 Falcon for a hard drive with traction control off in the wet "on quiet roads of course " and cornered hard ,braked hard , accelerated hard and must say I'm really impressed with grip and performance.

Only down side is a little bit of road noise.

Yet to see how long they will last .

PS...missus drives this one like a Nanna most of the time

Steve
SteveRichmond-Tweed, NSW8 posts

Top tyre

I had a puncture on one of my tyres recently and needed a replacement. The Pirelli's I had aren't made anymore and the nearest was too expensive. The Falken Azenis at $184 was a good price for a replacement tyre to go with the already worn tyres & the quality of the tyre is excellent.

TTubrag
TTubragPerth2 posts

numbs
numbs5 posts

Excellent value for money

Needed a replacement tyre and my cars requirements is 235 45 R18. This combination is very rare but bought these from Bob Janes and i cannot be happier.. It's way cheaper than some of the pricier brands out there. The treads seems to similar to my PIRELLI i have on the other three.. Have not noticed any performance difference... Although only time will tell how durable they are .. Just had it for 6 months now...

Bob
BobBrisbane7 posts

I know what the F stands for now

These tyres didn't last the distance. Had multiple issues from the start with deflation. I should have had them changed within the first 6 months as I am certain that these must have been faulty. Although they had reasonable grip, I only got 15000km from all fours. Will never buy these again, I sure did use the F word and it wasn't Falken!

The DudeSydney2 posts

Real good price for a v. decent tyre

I have a heavy foot on a 2.2ton car. 0-60mph in 3.1s.

I constantly floor it @lights and corners/roundabouts. Most of driving in "insane" mode.

The grip in the dry is great, it held up with ContiSportContact5s. Wear is same as contis (15,000km but go on track sometimes.)

Wet grip is ok.

Morgan
MorganBrisbane5 posts

Well Priced for What They Are

I bought these tyres on the good reputation of their predecessor the Falken 452.

They're in the same performance range as a lot of tyres that cost 50% more or even greater. From having the rear of my car slide in the rain if I wasn't particularly careful around corners, I'm not quite confident on wet roads all around. I don't have any complaints about these tyres, and they definitely fit my needs, even in a heavy five metre long V8.

MacDaddy69
MacDaddy69

GRIP!!

Got these babies after my 452's worn out. 452's gripped well and had excellence performance but struggled when I supercharged my Monaro, the 453's give excellent grip and do their best to not waste of the power. Shortly after I got a set for my Clubby also, grip very well and handle excellent.

Fredi
Fredi

Poorest performance on any set of tyres ever purchased

Fitted four new FK 453 235/55R17 tyres onto my VW transporter T5 (2010 Model) after the original Dunlops started to getting down to the legal limits after 38'000 Km.

Within 16 months and exactly 15'000 Km, they are headed and need replacing. What can one stay - never again!

Larry
Larry

Have a audi q5 2012model have Dunlop 255x45x20tyres worn out at 37000ks.very disappointing ,looking at either Bridgestone duller hp or falken453 or kumo ku 23 tyres... Any comments gratefully received. Which do i pick?

AverageJoe
AverageJoe

The fk453 tyre is a great performing tyre with same grip in the wet, although it is an average wearing tyre. I'm on my second set after 20-25k on VE V8. From reviews I've seen Toyo Proxes T1 should offer same or better performance and better wear.