Fanaway Evo 1 / 2 / 3

Fanaway Evo 1 / 2 / 3

Evo1 Prevail, Evo2 Endure and Evo3 Asymmetric

Whisper quiet they say?

Installed 3 fanaways in Nov 2014 2 evo prevail and 1 endure. 1 prevail was faulty & replaced by Jan 2015. Their whirring noise gets progressively louder over time, speed selection also goes. 4 years & out of warranty only solution/support received is to buy new ones. Why would you?

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Watch out! Hazardous fan

The fan was switched on and operating in my four year old daughter’s room when all of a sudden there was a loud noise. The blade then snapped off the fan and came flying off at a high speed. It collided with a lamp in my daughter’s room and then hit her on the face. She sustained some red marking and bruising, which we have photos of. The fact that she avoided more serious injury was quite remarkable given the speed at which the blade came flying off the fan. We are now unable and unwilling to use the other 3 fans in our house as they are clearly hazardous and unsafe for use. If the same thing happened in our young baby’s room and had connected with her skull she may have been knocked unconscious or sustained other serious injuries. A product with such a major fault and which poses a clear threat to its user’s health and safety should not be allowed and should be recalled. As evident from the other reviews on this site this is not an isolated incident and is happening to many others.

I will be reporting this to the ACCC. Please if anyone else has also encountered this problem I encourage you to do the same through the following link https://www.productsafety.gov.au/contact-us/for-consumers/report-an-unsafe-product

Please do not purchase this fan and if you have it be very wary of it while it is in operation especially around children.

Purchased in March 2013.

Not Happy at all

I have had these fans for plus or minus 4 years. They stopped working suddenly this past Dec the blades don't open although the fan is running. I called customer service and they offered to send a technician to assess and possibly replace product. Only to be gutted after being told to pretty much put them in the bin as they are a deleted item and go back to the store to buy new ones and get their technician to come and instal them for a fee. The manager could not spare a minute to speak to me. I don't think it's fair treatment at all. I don't think I will recommend these at all. If anyone can assist me what sould i do . I thank you in advance.

Purchased in January 2016.

Risk of Decapitation!!!

OMG! My partner and I were sitting in the lounge watching TV on 26 Jan 2019 (Australia day) afternoon. All of sudden we heard a loud bang followed by a loud crashing noise from the ceiling fan after a few seconds. The cover of the light also fell off right in front us. We quickly run and switched off the fan. We were completely shocked! Our dog was shaking. We could not believe one of the fan blades had flown out and hit the window. Lucky we had our blinds closed, otherwise the blade could have smashed the window. The problem is I purchased 2 of the same ceiling fans. One in the lounge and the 2nd in the bedroom. I’m afraid to use it now. What if it happens while I’m sleeping...? 2 fans purchased 3 yrs ago from Beacon and Installed by their recommended electrician. Warranty only 24 months. I no longer have the receipt as it’s out of warranty period.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Hi Wendy, I am very sorry to hear about the issue you have had with your fan. If you could PM us at webmaster@beaconlighting.com.au the details of the issue, along with your contact detail ie. phone number, email and state you are in, I will get this followed up for you and a representative will call discuss this further with you, Debbie - Beacon Lighting Customer Service

Terrible - Don't buy LED Drivers keep failing

Terrible we have 5 or 6 of these fans. On the LED models the LED driver keeps failing. Had to buy three of them at once. Beacon lighting in Sydney does not seem to stock these drivers. These fans ar definitely not cheap, so I do expect a better quality.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
I am sorry to hear about the issue with your fans. All of our the fans have at least a 2 year in home warranty and this would all be covered under this. if you would like to discuss your issue further, please PM us at webmaster@beaconlighting.com.au with the details of your purchase, your contact details and the state you are in and we will get a representative to contact you directly, Debbie - Beacon Lighting Customer Service

Blade snapped off

I turned on the fan yesterday afternoon at low speed & about 10 mins later there was a loud bang & crash. I went inside to discover one of the blades had snapped off. It had hit & chipped the wall before crashing into the kitchen bench & ending up on the floor. The fan was still on & wobbling - something it had never done. I turned it off immediately. No ceiling fan should shed their blades, thankfully no one was inside at the time.

I purchased this fan after recommendations from friends & now the same friends are very wary to have their fans on. It seems I'm not the only one who has had this issue after reading some of the reviews. Not sure if this was a bad batch or a design flaw or perhaps I purchased a lemon? Anyway no ceiling fan should have blades breaking off & be a potential weapon. I'll email Beacon about the issue.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Hi Feijoa, I am sorry to hear about the issue with your fan. This is not a normal occurrence and the Fanaway fans are a great fan. If you could contact us with the details of your purchase along with the state you are in and your name and contact details, we will get this followed up for you. Please send this to webmaster@beaconlighting.com.au. Debbie - BL Customer ServiceThanks Debbie, already done so & have had a response stating that someone from the Warranty team will be in contact.

Expensive and poorly made product

Fan cost around $650 with controller not including installation cost. Hard to believe 3-4 times the cost of the most expensive other ceiling fans on the market.
Light cover went yellow after 1-2 years. Unable to sleep with noisy operation.
Fan speeds not fast enough on setting one to open blades.
Faster on setting 2 than 3.

Thinking of upgrading to a $100 Dc silent fan from Aldi.

Date PurchasedJun 2008
HI Matt, I am sorry to hear about your issue with your fans. These fans have a 2 year in home warranty on them so if you have an issue with them you contact our Warranty Team on 1800 602 243 and they will send a serviceman out to look at them for you. In relation to the Fanaway fans, they are very silent in operation so , depending on which state you are in, you may have an issue with frequency ripple noise which can be fixed with the use of frequency ripple filter. This noise mainly only occurs to some fans /homes in NSW and QLD. In relation to the speeds, this would be covered under warranty. if you would like us to follow up with you about these issues, please PM us direct at webmaster@beaconlighting.com.au all of your concerns as well as your contact details and the state you are in, Debbie - BL Customer Service

safety issues

We have 5 Evo2 Endure fans through our home, all installed by a licensed electrician. How these fans have performed over the last few years has been acceptable, but this opinion has now changed. 2 Days ago one of the fans suddenly had a blade brake off and fly across the room. We are too worried to turn on the other fans, at this very hot part of the year. We went to Beacon Lighting with this and they have tried to get in contact with Fanaway for the last 3 days with no reply to either phone calls or emails. We have had many types of fans over the years, some cheap and some expensive, but have never had a safety issue and would expect the same from a very expensive fan such as Fanaway. After reading a number of reviews of the same nature, ie. blades flying off and not getting any help from Beacon lighting (the sole distributer of these fans) we intend to take this further as it seems a safety issue which perhaps needs a recall.

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Hi dragonfly9454, thank you fro your message and i am sorry to hear about the blade incident. Can you please send us your contact details to webmaster@beaconlighting.com.au, so that i can refer this to the correct deparment. Thank you in advance. Emina - Beacon Lighting Customer ServiceHi Emina, I can be contacted at laurieandfrances@internode.on.net. My husband has his phone number at Beacon Lighting at Lake Haven 2259 NSW, who have tried repeatedly and unsuccessfully to get some action on this. Thank you for your replyHi dragonfly9454, thank you for that. I have forwarded this onto our Warranty team for further action. Please let us know via the email above if we can assist further. Regards, Emina - BL CUstomer Service

Diffuser turns yellow!

Would not recommend this fan as per other reviews, after a few years the diffuser turns urine yellow in colour but besides that the fan is okay - just disappointed in the colour change for such an expensive product too. I think there's a lack of UV stabiliser in the product which causes it to turn yellow over time. Tried contacting them and their response was to buy a new diffuser, sad that the diffuser won't even last a few years without discolouration for such an expensive product - pretty sure it goes against the ACC's Consumer rights & guarantees. Would highly suggest anyone with similar problems lodge an ACC instead of their solution of "buying a new diffuser". Disappointed!

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Hi Henry, thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear about your diffuser. We always appreciate feedback from our customers. If you could PM us your name, best contact details, model of fan and the state you're in to webmaster@beaconlighting.com.au, we will get a State Sales Representative to discuss this with you further. David - BL Customer Service

Best fan ever

This is the best fan I have ever owned. Not only does it look great, it is so quiet you only know it's running because of the breeze. I have had it for a couple of years now and never had any problems. I will be buying more of these.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Fanaway not safe

I have 3 fanaway EV01 prevails in my house and the one in my youngest son's room started making a little noise. About 2 months later the fan blades went flying off and luckily nobody was in the room because they damaged the wall at one collision point. Very dangerous and only 2 years old. Went to Beacon and told them but just got a sorry. I ended up having to buy the new model as a replacement and didn't even get a discount. I have not been too impressed with Beacon's products or the attitude of the Melville branch manager.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Poorly designed control switches.

Recently purchased 3 x Evora and 2 x Evo2 Endure fan/light units. The control switches are not standardised across the fanaway range, one style has a fixed plate and the other unit has a removable cover plate to aid with painting. Both units have combined light and fan control switches, however with separate light switches already existing in the home, a 'spare' blank cover plate that has a fan control only option should have been a normal part of the installation kit for both unit styles, particularly given the cost of the fan/light units.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Zed, all of the gang plates for the Fanaway have a plate that the screws can be undone on and be painted behind. The reason we do not have a spare "blank" cover plate is because the fan is sold as a fan and light combination so you need both switches to operate the fan, Debbie - BL Customer ServiceHi Debbie, with existing separate light control and wiring, there is no requirement to use the supplied combo light switch otherwise I am left with a wall hole to patch and paint. The easiest and smartest solution for your company to provide is an optional removable blank plate without a light switch. This aids with painting as no contact with wires by the homeowner is needed when painting.Hi Zed, unfortunately this is not something we supply or will be supplying in the future as we have supplied the plate and switch for the fan, Debbie - Beacon lighting Customer Service

Faulty Fanaway Evo1 L.E.D light and transformer

purchased Evo1 LED light and fan in march 2015 from becon lighting first 12 months had to replace transformer,and now3yrs later have to replace transformer and L.E D light becon want replace as ran out of warranty,for the price we paid for it shouldnt have any problems not a fan

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Hi Neville, can you confirm via PM to us at webmaster@beaconlighting.com.au the SKU number of the fan you have along with your contact details so we can look into this further for you, Debbie - Beacon Lighting Customer Servicefanaway EVO1 LED purchased beconlighting Nth Geelong 15 March 2015,missed place invoice canot find SKU no but hope these help iv taken from fan (ES-D356-6S6P86S6P-8) 2014-11-2G (72110-14110035-06-07811) transformer model fanaway (ESO363D-E090).Hope these help kind regards nevilleHi Neville, can you please PM us your contact details to webmaster@beaconlighting.com.au so I can discuss this with as we do not go by the factory model numbers you are providing, Debbie - BL Customer Service

Faulty Product - Should be Recalled

Worked ok on the 3 set speeds for about 18 months then only 2, then was not operating at all. Blades would not open at all.
Rang Beacon & was immediately told I needed a new remote control & given an electricians contact details to install same. This advice was immediate - leaving me to assume Beacon staff receive a lot of calls re this faulty product & have a prepared response ready for customers.
Purchased new remote from Beacon Lighting @ $60. & left several messages on electrician's phone - never had any reply from him!!!
As this was in January, I naturally wanted it to be operational asap. Thankfully, I had other portable fans which are extremely efficient & more reliable.
I finally contacted my electrician who came promptly & immediately stated "It is not a remote control problem - the motor has blown & these fans have a bad reputation & are overpriced". Now looking to totally replace this Piece of Junk with another reliable purchase & definitely not from Beacon Lighting.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We value your feedback and would appreciate it if you could PM us your name and contact number to our email: webmaster@beaconlighting.com.au. David -BL Customer Service

Humming Sound

Purchased 2 of these fans from Beacon in Dec 2017 from day one these fans emitted a low level humming sound which I find the frequency so annoying and irritating I stopped using them. Beacon replaced 1 fan however the annoying sound was the same. The installer informed me this type of noise is normal.
Beacon has conveyed to me the fans are working as they should be and this is not a warranty issue so i guess I'm stuck with a them.
My advice if considering this type of fan and if the noise level is important to you find a friend or neighbour who has one and stand under it to see if this is the fan for you. Do not rely on the product description as "whisper quite" or sales advice describing it as "one of the our quietest" because it could end up being a costly disappointment to you.
I have no complaints in regards to the operation of the fan other than the irritating noise it makes and Beacons non response to a compromise.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi John, I am sorry to hear about your issue. If you could PM us at webmaster@beaconlighting.com.au your contact details as well as the state you are in and I will get this looked into further for you, Debbie - Fanaway Customer ServiceI have contact Beacon Lighting as requested and Im pleased to say that a favourable outcome has been reached in regards to these fans. i also wish to say during my emails and conversations with several Beacon staff in explaining my situation i was treated with utmost courtesy and a genuine willingness to have the matter resolved that was mutually agreeable to both parties. A big thank you to Beacon Lighting

Light diffuser gone yellow on seven light fittings, I have had to replace 3 of the seven electronic

Light diffusers go yellow 7 out off 7. 3 off the 7 light fittings ballast have blown and now replacement ballast are blowing. Replacement ballast supplied by Beacon Lighting are faulty.
I would expect that there should have been a recall on these faulty products, a shabby deal for an expensive product.

Date PurchasedJan 2009
Hi Phil, I am sorry to hear about your issue with your fans, these issues do not occur to all fans. If you would like to discuss this further, can you PM us at webmaster@beaconlighting.com.au the SKU no. of the fans you have along with the store purchased from and your contact details, Debbie Beacon Lighting Customer Service

Dangerous!

Have had a fanaway for approx 3 years and have had a blade fall off during operation nearly striking me on the head. Yes this is out of warranty but surely this can't be the norm. Reading some other reviews sounds like it is. An injury is only a matter of time.

Date PurchasedJul 2015
Hi Carson, I am sorry to hear about the issue you have experienced with your Fanaway. We sell hundreds of these fans, both nationally and internationally and this is not a common issue to occur. If you could PM us at webmaster@beaconlighting.com.au your contact details including phone number and state you are in, as well as the SKU no. of the fan you have, we can look at this further for you, Debbie - Beacon Lighting Customer Service

Great quiet fan

Bought 3 to replace old fashioned none retractable, noisy ones we had. Very happy with the result. Had to take 1 globe out of each fan as it was to bright with the 2 in it. The noise level dropped dramatically with no electronic sounds like the original ones. When turned off they retract quietly with no click or clonk when stopped. I would recommend these fans no problems as yet. When reading previous reviews I was a little worried but am very happy with my purchases.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Faulty Product

We purchased 2 of these fans for our living, they worked well in the store. One fan stopped working completely within the warranty period and was replaced. The other fan had also slowed considerably but the electrician who installed the replacement fan stated that "she,ll be right mate" Well she is not right, and now that the warranty has expired we are left with another faulty product not working now out of warranty. Very angry that my trusted Beacon store recommends this faulty product and would like to see it recalled.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

very happy with them

Bought the flouro model in our old house. We couldn’t have a normal fan in the kitchen because it was too big. Bought another one for the family room & they were both used constantly for 2 1/2 yrs before we moved out. Bought 3 for the new house (LED this time), only one is on remote but again very happy. One on remote has a slight hum but nothing that bad. We love them & much more stylish than normal clunky fans.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Hello I have this ceiling fan only a couple of months old fan working perfect no light coming on, can you suggest how to change bulb? Why it should have stopped working after a couple of months please
Hi Felicity, I cannot tell from this forum which fan you so I am not able to answer your question fully have however your fan will be under warranty so I would suggest completing the form on this link https://www.beaconlighting.com.au/warranty-claims and our Service team will arrange a service all for to repair/replace the fan for you. If you have any further questions, please contact us directly at webmaster@ beaconlighting.com.au as we can look further into the issue for you, Debbie - Beacon Lighting Customer Service

I have just purchased 2 identical fans and the light in one is much brighter than the other on all 3 tones. I need them both bright. Any idea on how to fix the issue?
I would ask about that at the place of purchaseHi Paula, if you have the Fanaway Evo1 that came complete with remote control where you can change the colour temp of the light by pushing a button, then the remote also has a dimming function on it. By pressing the light button on the remote, the light will dim or become brighter. if you have tried this and they are still different a brightness, please PM us at webmaster@beaconlighting.com.au the details of your purchase, ie. the SKU no. of the fans and you contact details and we will be able to advise further, Debbie - Beacon Lighting Customer Service

Hi can you get replacement shades for a fan away?
Yes, you can get replacement shades through your closest Beacon Lighting store, you will need to advise them of the model you have, ie. what wattage tube and what colour fan you have so that they can get the correct one in for you, Debbie Beacon Lighting Customer Service

Evo2 EndureEvo3 AsymmetricEvo1 Prevail