Fanaway Evo 1 / 2 / 3
See the Best Ceiling Fans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Fanaway

• Power

Jen
Jen South East Queensland, QLD

New model of this fan is great!

I had originally installed the much older model and had a Fan blade snap off during use. Blade flew across the lounge room. Rang Beacon lighting customer service / warranty and they could not have been more helpful. I have changed my review from a 1 star!
I received credit towards a new fan and an electrician came to install at at time that suited me. Thank you Beacon lighting.. I now have a new improved, quiet functional fan. Thank you

Purchased in January 2015 at Beacon Lighting.

Customer S.Fanaway

Thank you Janelle. I will have a team member of our warranty team contact you directly. Regards BL Customer Service

Avoid the EVO range at all costs

Terrible. We have had nothing but problems with Fanaway EVO fans. The lights failed to function after one year. Beacon originally honoured their obligations and sent out a technician but we continue to have problems. The lights don't work when you want them to and then turn on randomly in the middle of the night. This is less than ideal when you have sleeping babies in the house! Beacon sent out replacement parts and told us we had to install them ourselves. The replacement parts did not fix the problem and Beacon are now denying any responsibility for the product which is clearly defective. Stay away!

KerryA
KerryASouth East Queensland, QLD

Recall this product!

Do not purchase! Blades snap off whilst in use. 2 fans and 2 near misses. Left a nice slice thru the wall. Lucky it wasn't someone's head! Will now be replacing the other 5 in my home before someone is seriously injured!

Customer S.Fanaway

Hi Kerry, I am very sorry to hear about the issue with your fan. Can you please email us your details, ie name and contact number to support@beaconlighting.com.au adn I will get a representative to call you, Debbie - Beacon Lighting Customer Service

Preet
PreetPerth, WA

Fan turns off or lights turn on - multiple times during night.

0% satisfaction.
We paid money to install tis fan
And now we will have to pay to uninstall to bin it.
Never going to buy from beacon lights again. K

Purchased in January 2021.

Julian
JulianMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great looking fans, but run out of steam!

We bought a fanaway for our bedroom and loved it so we bought another 2 for our living area. They look great and love the fact the blades hide away. They performed very well in the beginning but around the 3 to 5-year time frame, the fan in the bedroom now is so slows, that you can count the rotations when on high (it spins at a snails pace compared to when new). One of the fans in the living area (3-4 years old) shakes and wobbles when on med/ high. For the price of the fans, the quality and longevity isn't great consider this when looking at this fan. We have had basic standard fans last well over 10 years without fail; so we expected a high end product like fanaway advertises to be, to at least last the same!

Purchased in September 2015 at Beacon Lighting.

Eycc1234
Eycc1234Sydney, NSW

buyers beware

Fan power was good, loved it until the blade flew off during operation. Could have easily decapitated someone. Now terrified to turn it on for the ones I bought last year for my kids bedroom. Item should be recalled.

Purchased in January 2015 at Beacon Lighting Physical store for $464.00.

Customer S.Fanaway

Hi, I am sorry to hear about the issue with your Fanaway. We do stand by this product and if you could PM us at support@beaconlighting.com.au, we will get a representative to contact you directly on this matter, Debbie - Fanaway Customer Service

Chris Coggan
Chris CogganNorth Queensland, QLD

Dangerous product

This product is extremely dangerous.
2 years ago we had a Blade brake off and imbed itself into our bedroom wall. Beacon replaced the unit.
A few weeks ago the same thing happened! This time the blade hit the wall and fell on my sleeping partners head leaving a massive cut. This is not good enough and the product should be recalled.

Purchased at Beacon Lighting.

Customer S.Fanaway

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Lisa
LisaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Blade snapped off while in operation

This fan was installed when we built the house in 2009 since then we have replaced the bulb numerous times then the transformer needed replacing and just 1 week ago while on fan speed was on 1 (the fastest) the blade flung off and took a chunk out of the corner of a wall 4 metres away! Why has this product not been recalled yet by beacon!! I would like action taken on this fan before it causes serious injury.

Purchased in November 2009 at Beacon Lighting Physical store.

Other Ceiling Fans

Superb fan If a little noisy

The various fan speeds are excellent and very useful dependant on temperature and it barely wobbles, I did have reason to contact customer services which I must say was very difficult at first however once I made contact the service was second to none, thank you very much for your help.

Purchased in November 2016 at Amazon for $250.00.

Requesting advice.

Person33
Person33Perth, WA

Looks great and I like it, but a few practicalities I don’t love

I bought two fanaway Evora’s last year. They look great and I do like them. What I don’t love is that they are quite noisy when you turn the fan off and the blades shut away with a BANG - this isn’t great in the middle of the night when people are sleeping.
Also the lowest setting is still quite fast - probably because the blades use centrifugal force to open. It’s too strong when you just want some light airflow in the room.

Purchased at Beacon Lighting.

Janina
JaninaSydney, NSW

I will not buy another

I purchased two of these fans in 2017. Last year the light in my daughter's room started playing up - turning itself off and has now not worked at all for the last 2 months. The fan is fine - but it does not get used very much.
My electrician says it's the transformer, but when he tried to get a replacement has been told that replacement parts are no longer supplied for this product. He was offered another new fan at half price. They must be joking! Why would I purchase another of these?

Purchased in March 2017 at Beacon Lighting Physical store for $499.00.

Natasha D.Darling Downs, QLD

Blades snapped off.

At first I loved this fan, we purchased 2 of them they looked and worked wonderful.

Yesterday however the fan blades just snapped off and catapulted through the air near missing my husband and myself.

What is more disappointing is beacons response, 'this is a good fan and that the reviews are not the norm' and hasn't happened often'. Really Beacon, that's your response? Terrible, it shouldn't happen once let alone many many reviews I read of happening all the time, is it going to take a serious injury before this fan is recalled? Will never recommend this fan or business to anyone ever again!

Purchased in February 2017 at Beacon Lighting for $500.00.

Natasha D.

Response to review, had an immediate call from Brendan, very professional and appoligetic with the response to email. Warranty form promptly responded to and will be covered under warranty.

Alice
AliceSydney

Hazardous product. It should be recalled!

This is the second such occurrence, in a separate fan of different room, also a fanaway evo1 prevail.

The blade of the fan snapped off the fan and came flying off at a high speed. It dented and left some marks on our walls. It almost hit my husband who was sitting directly below.

Upon researching online, seems like other consumers have had similar near missed events from the same model.

This fan is extremely dangerous. Please do not get it. It should be recalled.

Customer S.Fanaway

Dangerous Fanaway blade braking off.

Purchased in June 2010.

George Campbell
George Campbellasked
Evo 1 / 2 / 3

My fan led jeep on switching off then after about 30 secs will come then switch off again. I have changed remotes from one of our other 4 fans but still have the same problem

Customer S.Fanaway

Thank you for your question. From your description of your issue, it does sound like someone in close vicinity to you also has a remote control and has their remote on the same channel. This would explain the light turning on for 30 seconds and then turning off. This is easy to change. All you need to do is place your controller in your hand, flip it over and remove the batteries. You will see 4 channels or dip switches. All you need to do, is set your remote to say channel 2, then you need to pull down the canopy of your fan (the canopy is the cover that covers the wires and mounting block). From the floor you will be able to see the fan's receiver- they are normally green in colour- all you need to do is set the receiver to the same channel as you have just set your controller. This should solve your problem. If not, it could be that the LED driver in the fan needs to be replaced- and we sell these as a sparepart. For all Spareparts, please visit\contact your local Beacon Lighting Store who have access to our Spareparts division and they will either have this LED driver in stock- or can order them in for you. They will advise you of costing and eta into store. Regards BL Customer Service.

Pat B
Pat Basked
Evo 1 / 2 / 3

My Fanaway Evo 2 blades will not retract when using the remote.
The motor turns but the blades will not come out.
I purchased only a few months ago from Home Depot in Canada
Please help!

Hi Pat,
Thank you for your message. Can you please email us at support@beaconlighting.com.au your contact details and we will pass this on to our US sales team for their action
Kind regards Amber- BL Customer Service

Charlotte W.
Charlotte W.asked
Evo2 Endure

Hello.. I have had a ridiculously hard time to get my fan to work using the remote it has worked perfectly before. (I think someone ie a little person in my house changed the dip code on the remote control.) I was told to look for the correct code underneath the bracket that houses the fan, unfortunately my husband fell off the ladder whilst trying to get it off, well he was getting down to get the correct screwdriver and fell off. I contacted beacon to see if they could help us with all other information I provided but they wouldn't. So I waited for my nephew to come over and we got the cup off and whaddayou know the same 4 digit number that is a sticker on the back of the remote is the same number inside the bracket we just took off. What I cannot figure out is how a 4digit number can have a 5 in it when 5 is not an option from the lever style switches. And beacon hasn't responded to my emails. Can anyone tell me how to find the 4 digit number because clearly the one I have is not right, this ceiling is quite high so it requires an extending ladder. Thanks anyone

Customer S.Fanaway

Hi Charlotte, Thank you for your question. If you could please email a photo of your controller to support@beaconlighting.com.au we can look into this for you and provide the answer to your question. Regards BL Customer Service.

See all Fanaway Evo 1 / 2 / 3 questions

Get an answer from our members and Fanaway representatives

Fanaway Evo 1 / 2 / 3

While the Fanaway Evo series of ceiling fans with clear, retractable blades sounds innovative and chic, reviewers discover it has a dangerous design flaw.

Potential to cause injury

At least six reviewers were in the room when the fan blade snapped off and fell to the ground. Sometimes the hurtling blade hit and damaged furniture or walls along the way. In one case the blade collided with a lamp in a child’s bedroom and then proceeded to hit her in the face, leaving her with marks and bruises.

Other reviewers reported these problems with the Fanaway Evo models:

• The fan often simply stopped working or slowed down to the point where it became ineffective
  • The noise level was difficult to put up with, even with the fan on a low speed
  • The casing/ underside of the light discoloured over time, becoming yellow
  • Overall this was an expensive fan to maintain, as reviewers racked up bills to replace faulty remotes, receivers, ballasts and bulbs
  • Once the product fell out of warranty, there was often no respite from the main retailer, Beacon Lighting.
Compare all 3 Fanaway Evo 1 / 2 / 3
CategoryCeiling FansCeiling FansCeiling Fans
Price (RRP) $369.00$649.00$499.00
FeaturesLights, Remote Control and TimerLightsLights and Remote Control
Number of Speed Settings333
Power60 W60 W60 W
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishSilver/WhiteSilver/WhiteWhite/Silver