First Response Early Result Instream

First Response Early Result Instream

See the Best Pregnancy Tests in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Anniyah P.

Anniyah P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

super early detection

I test earlier like 7-9DPO with cheaper tests like fertility2family I buy in bulk cause I am a poas addict and when I am closer or if I get a faint line on them I use FRER just to double check. I have never had an indent or false positive with either brand . I have no idea why FRER test is getting such bad reviews.

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse.

Amy M.

Amy M.Perth, WA

Terrible indent

Thought it was positive looked pink in the time limit then turned grey turned out to be a really bad indent not the first time it has happened either wont be wasting my money on these anymore

Purchased in August 2019 at Terry White Chemists for $30.00.

Time between missing period and taking test1-3 days

Horrible! Devastated

This is the second month in a row, this has shown false positives. I was so convinced that I had blood work done, and it was negative. So I’m spending around $100 on these damn hpts, go to the clinic to confirm, spend another $135 only to be left devastated and an absolute wreck. Been trying for 7 months now and I’m just utterly disappointed in this brand. Will never use again

Purchased for $21.99.

Time between test and expected period 1 day

Multiple False Positives!!

Purchased in July 2019.

Regular PeriodsNo
Test TakenBefore an Expected Period
Time between test and expected period Not sure

caitlin

caitlin

Would give it a zero if I could

Had a false positive. Hurt, emotional and a wreck right now. I have been trying for a year plus and shocked at how common false positives are with this brand. Do not recommend to anyone!

Purchased in July 2019.

Rachel M.

Rachel M.South East Queensland, QLD

Don't work!

I got a three pack and have used two tests out of it. Absolutely nothing came up on them. I know how to use them because I've used a lot before and I've had a kid. But honestly don't waste your money.

Purchased in June 2019 at Woolworths for $13.99.

Time between test and expected period 3-6 days

response

responseSydney, NSW

Not to be trusted

False positive.
Expiry date 03-2020, instructions followed, test did what it was suppose to according to directions. Emotional turmoil, ultrasound, urine test and additional internal examinations. Emotional stress , heartbreak, time and money wasted.

Purchased in June 2019.

Kate

KateMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very positive

This product is great . The insructions are very easy to follow.
The results where very accurate and where very clear to see compared to other products
I even went and brought another one to double test to make sure (worth the money though)

Purchased in May 2018 for $14.00.

Time between test and expected period 1-2 week

Don't waste your money!

Used many times; between children, scares & losses.
Proper results every time until two years ago when they stopped working...
Instructions are easy to follow, but
Don't waste your money, use Dollarama test!
Expiry date shows 2020.
I took a test out & the clock was already flashing... used It cuz the box had no indication that this was not normal! Results took 5min as usual; came up "Yes+" then after about a minute changed to "No -" then immediately went blank. this is complete crap! Highly disappointing & a waste if nearly $30!! I should have just gotten a Dollarama test

Purchased in February 2019 for $30.00.

Test TakenAfter a Missed Period
Time between missing period and taking testA few weeks
sbarsushi

sbarsushiSydney, NSW

Early pregnancy test

I have no idea why it is getting so many negative comments. This is the best pregnancy test which can be done at home as early as 4 weeks. When all other pregnancy tests showed negative because it was only around 5 weeks, first response gave me right result followed by a confirmation by a blood test result which confirmed 4 weeks. Highly recommended. Thank you.

Purchased in February 2019 for $17.00.

B.O

B.ODubbo

Absolutely crap

Two lines and oh, I get my period! Absolutely disgraceful! And for someone who has had consecutive miscarriages, it was the most heart breaking thing. This needs to be taken off the shelves! Don’t buy First Response! Not fair!! I would love to take this further, this should not be allowed!

Nell

NellEagle

First response is no longer the best tests

Instructions clear, easy to follow. First response tests are truly the worst tests on the market now. They already had to remove the curved and now the old design is even worse. Positives on other tests long before even a hint of a line on frer. Go with a cheaper test. First response is not reliable anymore.

False positive

Out of a 7 pack I got 5 false positives with a faint second line that appeared within 3 mins. They didn't get darker over time.
Caused me so much confusion and anxiety I missed work too.
From previous comments I can see that the company is doing nothing to rectify the defective tests. Pure disrespect to theor customers mostly very vulnerable ones.
I'll be looking into AU government bodies where i could complain about this.

AmdYoung

Used to love this test

First response used to be my go to for pregnancy tests. This year l used this test (countless times) it seems to have a very deceiving light line, and its on most of the first responses l have used. Its a shame, will be looking else where for a better brand.
Whatever they did to change this product l wish they would change it back to no fake lines or indent marks, its ridiculous, especially since women buy more then one test anyway, even double checking after getting a positive, its a shame. So disappointing.
Trying to fool people is no way to keep your brand alive.

Kimberley

KimberleyOxford

False positives

I have received several positive tests, after several miscarriages, I now test early so thought these were great! Until I got a positive everytime I tested. I went back to the dr and had bloods taken which proved my HCG levels were normally and that the pregnancy tests should not have been picking them up.
Clear blue 6 days early all came negative and were correct.
Even to this day they are still producing positives when I am definitely not pregnant.
Heartbreaking for people who are desperately seeking that positive result. These should be recalled.

False negatives, second time happening!

False positive

Received 2 false positive when I was not even pregnant! Did on 6 days early and a line showed within 3 mins, then the next day I did another test and a darker line showed when I was not pregnant to begin with! Very annoying especially since they cost quite a bit!

False positives causing emotional upset!

Nic2

Nic2Australia

Giving faint second line, But not pregnant

I have used these test from few years ago when I conceived my son.
I’m embarrassed to say that I have got 3 packs 3 and they all showed second faint line. This is why I got more because I wanted to see if line was getting darker.
The line didn’t get darker. Not sure if these test are picking up on other hormone levels.

You should recall these products

Jackie

Jackieasked

Why do your tests keep showing a second grey line? This happens all the time on my tests with First Response. It gives false hope and is incredibly misleading. Your tests used to be accurate with no trace of a second line if they were negative. I believe you do this to mislead customers so they will buy more of your dodgy tests. FIX YOUR TESTS.

Honey

Honeyasked

When i usually use these tests first of all liquid comes over the whole result window then a line popped up that is control line. but this time no liquid nd a line popped up immediatly. are the tests defective?

Megan lasked

I’m beginning to notice some symptoms like missed period, mild cramps, nausea, tiredness. I took a first response test and to my surprise a light pink line showed up. Seeming though I’m only 16 I want some advice before telling my mum and causing myself some trouble. I’ve read many have had trouble with False positives so has anyone had any accurate results from this first response test?

Amd

First response is my usual go to, though lately l have had a lot of evap lines, if its clearly pink odds are you are pregnant.
l googled indent and evap lines pics for first response l found the pics accurate for what my evaps and indents looked like.
Clear as day pink (it doesnt have to match the control line) most of the time means pregnant.
Thats how it was with my pregnancies.
Good luck, l hope all goes well.

Megan l

I’ve seen and researched the difference in lines and it isn’t a faint line it’s just really light pink and definitely isn’t an indent or evaporation. So I can’t help but assume it’s a positive result. I’m going to buy a few different branded tests tomorrow. I took the first response during the day and had already drank loads hence why i think not much hcg was detected. Very scary situation but I hope for the best x

Get an answer from our members and First Response representatives