First Response Early Result Instream

First Response Early Result Instream

Pros

• Widely available to purchase

Cons

• According to many reviewers, this test provides inaccurate results

• Apparently provides consistent positives (even if wrong)

Kmil

KmilGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Too many indents

About half of them have indent lines. Gives false hope. Rubbish product and support email doesn't respond to posts. I'm sure they're good at indicating when you're pregnant but when you've been trying for so long and get the faintest of lines it's heart breaking.

Purchased in October 2020 for $37.00.

Carmelle

CarmelleSouth East Queensland, QLD

False positives!

I don't know how these tests are still for sale the acc and tga should both be investigating the for false advertising and faulty test's, I have taken close to 20 test's in the last 2 months and have had most of those give positive readings some faint some clearly a strong positive but I'm NOT pregnant. This company should be ashamed giving false hope and getting people so excited for nothing.

Purchased for $20.00.

False positives

I have gotten false positives every test recently it’s beyond a joke. How have they not fixed this! The line is clearly pink and visible and then I test again with nothing! Then another showing a more faint line.

Purchased in January 2021 at Woolworths.

Pregnancy Tests

Find out how First Response Early Result Instream compares to other Pregnancy Tests

Net

NetSouthwest, VIC

Three false positives.

Three false positives, watched the lines come up within two minutes. I had to cancel surgery I had booked because I didn't think it could be wrong that many times. An awful feeling.

Purchased in February 2020.

Not happy

Not happy Perth, WA

9 FALSE positives!!!!!!! DO NOT BUY!!!!

Absolutely devastated to say the least!! It took 3 years, 5 miscarriages and 2 chemical pregnancies to get our first born son! Since his birth with have been trying for baby number 2 for over 15months AND then this DISGUSTING BRAND gave me 9 x false positive results! It is Soul crushing and heartbreaking! I decided to run one of the the tests under the tap water and got the same faint positive line with a pink hue!

Purchased in January 2021 at Woolworths for $45.00.

Disgusted User

Disgusted UserQueensland

If I could give 0 stars I WOULD!

This brand is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!!! I have been TTC baby#2 for 5 months now and each month I have used First Response Early Results in stream tests and each and every test gives me a false second line. They have made their "indent" line so clear that it looks like such a clear and obviouse faint positive. This brand is just money hungry and preys on hopeful desperate women, giving them false hope and giving the urge to buy more and more! I have spent HUNDREDS over the past few months on testing. Absolutely disgusting brand. Pathetic. I will NEVER be using them again and I will NEVER allow anyone I know to use them.

MnM

MnMMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Gave false positive!!!!!

Gave me a false positive a day before my expected period and then I tested other brands and come up negative! Absolutely heartbreaking and disgusting and I'm not the only one!

Purchased in December 2020 at Woolworths for $17.00.

Julia P

Julia PGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

False Positives

Just like previous reviewers I had 4 false positives with this test. AWFUL and HEARTBREAKING. Don't do it. They need to look into their tests. You can see the indent line before you even take the test.

Purchased in November 2020 for $28.00.

Jane

JaneWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Trash

false positives.
As the title of my review suggests, don't waste your money.
I thought I was going mad seeing all these false positives until I seen everyone else's reviews about having the same thing happen to them also.
Pathetic...this test should be taken off of the market.

Purchased in December 2020.

Emily

Emily Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

False positives

I was so excited to have a few faint positives (the line was pink so not just an evaporation line) to go to doctors for bloods a week later and be told no hcg detected at all...yet I had tested 3 days in a row and got 3 faint positives. So disappointed as fills you with hope, and also so embarrassing going to medical professional and saying got multiple faint “positive pregnancy tests at home”. So very disappointed I haven’t had this issue in the past but this box of 6 seems to be faulty

Purchased in November 2020 at Coles.

samantha p.

samantha p.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not worth it

Got negative results from 3 first response test but got 5 positives from clear blue test
Worst product never buying this again . Really confused how this could happen so disappointed

Purchased in November 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $18.00.

Faulty tests, with false positives

Purchased last Tuesday. Tested first thing Wednesday morning. Had a faint positive.
Tested again Thursday negative. Friday another super faint line.and again Saturday super faint.

Bought even more and a digital. Can see a grey line prior to use. Digital came up as negative.
Beyond devasted with the false results from the faulty tests.
Had purchased 3 packs from 3 different Woolworths stores

Purchased in November 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $20.00.

I got a clear pink positive test within 2 minutes all other tests were all negative. Waste of money and we have been trying to get pregnant for almost 3 years so you can only imagine the heartbreak. Will steer everyone I know away from buying these jokes.

Purchased in October 2020 at Coles for $29.00.

I would give this brand 0 star if I could ! The indents are disgusting! DO NOT BUY!!!

Have used this brands multiple times they are getting worse, will never buy again! Would never recommend to a friend either ! Worst test around! Looks positive even when negative, WORST

Purchased in August 2020 at Priceline for $20.00.

hatebuyer

hatebuyerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The worst

I got 1 false positive and I can see all test got obvious gray line on it before even use!! Stay away from it. My heart hurt!! I want to give a zero star if I can.

Purchased in July 2020 for $22.40.

Robyn-1

Robyn-1South East Queensland, QLD

Absolute rubbish... will give you false positives and crush your hopes.

Would give 0 if there was an option. 3 false positives... what kind of company claims to be 99.9% accurate and give people false hopes!! Your tests are dodgy and everyone needs to stay clear from buying these crap, fake and misleading pieces of plastic.

Purchased in June 2020 at Woolworths for $17.99.

Kelly

KellyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

False positive wont ever be using ever again!!

Positive result in less than 3 mins had blood work done that same day and came back negetive 0 hcg in blood so disappointing and heart broken . After trying to convince for 3 years finaly thought we had our miracle. Cheers for the disappointment and false hope just to be crushed. Wont ever be using ever again.And Ill be letting friends know to do there research before purchasing and puting faith in what use to be the no#1 Top band most reliable hpt on the market.
They have obviously gorne cheep and nasty but still have the price tag and are just running of off a good reputation

Purchased in May 2020 at Terry White Chemmart for $28.00.

False positives

I tested on 14 days past ovulation and was late for my period I thought I got a big fat positive. Got my bloods done and they were negative! I started bleeding that afternoon. I was not pregnant. I then decided to run it under water for 5 seconds and a faint line pops up! That is not okay this coming from someone who’s had 1 miscarriage and 3 chemical pregnancies.. not impressed will not be buying again. Utterly heartbreaking

Purchased in May 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $28.00.

Devastated

The first test was yesterday, had a sleepless night waiting/hoping/dreaming that it was for real.. was the first customer in the store at 7am, desperately holding on trying not to go to the bathroom.. got home and well this is what happened.. If only there was a 0 stars option

Purchased in May 2020 for $28.00.

PositivelyPOd

PositivelyPOdCentral West, NSW

Horrible indents and false positives

I've had several false positive FRERs now, and had one yesterday that was actually pink. Had blood test and am 100% not pregnant. Not sure what's going on with FRER but I won't be buying them again.

Purchased in April 2020 at Woolworths for $27.00.

samantha p.

samantha p.asked

Got 4 positives from clear blue but I did test with first response all 3 were negative had blood test waiting for results didn’t think this brand was so crappy

Roselee Ann B.

Roselee Ann B.asked

What does it mean if u have one dark line and one light line in the window of a test

kenton p.

kenton p.asked

the first response digital test said no - and the second said yes and no with a question mark then stayed on a timer so what does that mean?

Features:

• According to the website, this pregnancy test can detect HCG levels as early as five days before an expected period and is supposed to be 99% accurate
  • Wait until 3 mins to read the test result, but shouldn’t be read after 10 mins
  • In general, mornings are thought to be the best time of the day to take a pregnancy test, but First Response claims that you can take their tests at any time of the day
  • Comes in a variety of different packs, including just the single, a three-pack, or seven-pack
  • Easily accessible, as these tests are available to purchase at supermarkets and chemists

What reviewers thought about this product:

• Reviewers have consistently given this product a low score due to receiving incorrect or/and inconsistent information.
  • Many reviewers reported receiving false-positive results from this pregnancy test, which has led to customers sharing their personal experiences of how using this product affected them.
  • For those who had tried using a variety of brands, they found that this particular First Response pregnancy test provided results that contrasted against the results that other brands provided.
CategoryPregnancy Tests