Fisher & Paykel 90cm 9 Function Built-In - 100L

7 questions from our users

Sharon Z.

Sharon Z.asked

90cm 9 Function Built-In - 100L

My 90cm oven just made a huge cracking sound during self clean (sounded like glass cracking however could not see anything), five minutes later it has completely shut down and door stuck in lock mode. Checked ciruit breaker, curcuit breaker is fine. How am I going to cook my chicken dinner now?

Ripped Offasked

9 Function Built-In OB90S9MEPX3 (Pyrolytic)

Won’t turn on, all lights off !!

J G.
J G.

Ours died pcm board. Just went dead during pyrolitic clean.
2 1/2 years old F&P no help.
Bought Bosch no issues.

Ripped Off

Thanks, that’s my fear too as I’ve just discussed the issue with the electrician & it’s not the fuse board as it’s all 3 phase in this new house.

Farouk

Faroukasked

9 Function Built-In OB90S9MEPX3 (Pyrolytic)

Just had my internal glass shatter on fisher & paykel 0b90s9mepx3 during self cleaning mode, why would this of occurred?

Christine Lee B

Christine Lee Basked

9 Function Built-In OB90S9MEPX3 (Pyrolytic)

Are there any specific installation instructions

Rebirthcarver

Rebirthcarverasked

9 Function Built-In OB90S9MEPX3 (Pyrolytic)

After running the self clean, the oven door has remained locked, the lights are out and there is no-one home. Saw one previous comment regarding the locking "feature" not unlocking after a self clean so wonder what cost is going to be involved to repair it? Couldn't use oven over Christmas. Thankfully I have smokers and a bar-be-que. Very expensive person proof cupboard at the moment.

Elf

Elfasked

9 Function Built-In OB90S9MEPX3 (Pyrolytic)

Hi all. Is it normal for the oven fan to be on all the time even when just “Bake” is selected as opposed to “Fan Forced”? Thanking you for any responses.

Barbi D
Barbi D

Hey Elf,
I am not sure about the X3 model but on my old oven (which I have gotten fixed and back in action - wanna buy my X3?) it is not on when the oven is in plain bake mode. The oven still makes a noise, but the fan is not moving even though it sounds like it is. Have a look at the actual fan and see - I am curious to know.

m coalngeloasked

9 Function Built-In OB90S9MEPX2 (Pyrolytic)

how long is the cooling fan suppose to stay on after oven is turned off???

Mem E.
Mem E.

Hello. As far as I know, the cooling fan stays on until a certain temperature is reached, so on hot days it may take longer. Generally mine has been staying on between 30-80 minutes but to be honest, I've never measured that. Sometimes it seems to stay on for ages but it is quiet so I'm not bothered by it. The cooling fan is necessary because F&P has decreased the insulation in order to maximise internal space. I have had three different F&P oven models in three different houses and I have never had any problems with any of them. I hope this answers your question. If your oven fan is on for hours then perhaps it needs looking at.

m coalngelo

Thank you for your response. My cooling fan stays on for about 40 mins so I can assume that this is ok.

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives