Fisher & Paykel 628L Side by Side

Fisher & Paykel 628L Side by Side

RX628DX1 (Stainless Steel) and RX628DW1 (White)

Very convenient and functional, however the freezer draws are resistant at times.

Great functionality, I love the holiday mode for low electrical use when we aren't at home for a few days/weeks. It's a great size and fits all of our left overs, fruits and veggies. you don't need to have them in bags as the fridge keeps them crisp and the produce lasts a long time. For instance, sometimes we have to question whether to eat a randomly found apple, because it could have been a few month ago! But looks fresh... The drawbacks for the fridge are the draws on the left side (freezer) it gets so cold that the draws frost and are difficult to slide open and closed. Also, this fridge wouldn't be appropriate for families who make platters as the length of storage in the fridge is quite narrow. but perfect for a childless couple who rarely entertain.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Very Good, Sturdy

This fridge is very is of a good quality. It is easy to clean and each compartment eg. fruit and veg as well as the meat section keeps the food at the right temperature. The doors have good suction and I like having the freezer with shelves for easy access. Power consumption is good as well. Very pleased.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Good Fridge with low power consumption

We’ve been using this fridge for approximately six months now and are happy with our purchase. Plenty of storage and shelves, seems to keeps things at just the right temperature. Our home is solar and battery powered so the low power consumption of this unit is really good also for minimising power consumption.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

quality that lasts

I have had 2 fisher and paykel fridges and they keep the temperature well with a good defrosting system in place.
it is quiet and good having the alarm for when the kids leave the doors open. cleaning the fridge is a breeze as it is all smooth and easy to remove the shelves, or readjust the shelf heights

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Good Fridge

i Bought a French door fridge , the compartment very nice and easy to clean , working week the temperature in every compartment . The motor working quietly, in meat compartment you can segregate meat , and fish and some food need to freeze . In French door fridge I think you can save energy, want a meat just open othe half of the door ... .

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

buy the best

this fisher and pykel is so quiet you do not even hear it.
the temperature is even within all compartments, i rely on this as i grow my own produce and have chickens. some fridges freeze eggs while keeping the rest cool and i find my produce doesnt spoil as quik esp my in season fruit n veg.
this fridge sounds an alarm if disconnectd from main power.

id highly recommend this fridge to a busy happy household--- in ensures happiness

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Look... Here's a great Fridge with good backup..

We brought this Fridge from Farmers after deliberating quite a bit of time with other makes and models.... We where price driven to a certain extent and this unit was miles cheaper at Farmers than anyone else's price... Plus only 65 bucks delivery and they took the old fridge away free.... We have had this Fridge Freezer 6 months ... so this is a fair review... firstly very quiet operation as we have a 2 story house and the kitchen is upstairs above a bedroom so NO problems with its operating noise... V quiet... Excellent lighting when you open one of its doors.. you see everything... very brilliant in fact... Actual operating Temperature is displayed for 20 seconds on opening closing of one of the doors... V good idea.. and has door opening alarm.... if one door if left open too long or should its temperature drop down below 20% of your preset setting it will sound... This fridges uses half the power of our old GE fridge... so it has latest very efficient technology that keeps the running down... we had to ring the company's help line for a technical question and we found the response to very professional.... all told... we rate this Fridge and its manufacturer to be outstanding in all respects .... and well worth considering seeing its a local product well priced... has a huge amount of storage .... so it saves money, as we can buy lots of specials and store them in this bigger fridge as there only two of us.... as larger family fridge it would totally ideal....

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Reliable F&P fridge

I always wanted to get a french door type of fridge and this product definitely fits the bill. The price is reasonable compared to other brand and F&P is a well-know brand I always dreamt of having. In the beginning, the sleek and stainless steel design definitely caught my eye. The width and depth suits my need and fits nicely into my fridge recess plus it has more than 600L of storage. With this sort of quality and offer, i could not find another brand that has a better offer than F&P. If i were to get another fridge or any other electrical appliances, I would definitely go with F&P again.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

The monster of all fridges

This fridge is brilliant. Appliances online has a great sale and we got it for over half price. It is so quiet and efficient. Super easy to clean the glass shelves and stainless steel exterior. It has a temperature panel on the front that lets you know the temp every time you open the door. It keeps excellent temperature in all compartments. I bought this particular fridge because I wanted a larger freezer section with our growing family and this is perfect. A whole door, plus shelves and drawers to store frozen food. It has a triple ice tray which just seems way too awesome as we never run out of ice anymore. I love this fridge. The only criticism I have is that the doors don't quite line up, which messes with my ocd brain. Other than that, perfect!!

So far so good!

I just moved into my new home and we were very limited on the depth of our fridge so looking for something around the 68cm depth was quiet challenging. I found this fridge and fell in love! Haven't found a fault so far! Very quiet and easy to keep clean. I would recommend this fridge.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Decent fridge - good freezer space

Got this fridge due to the needing a bigger freezer. Its good, does the job well and keeps food cool. Only bad thing would be the star energy rating is pretty low but that seems common on any side by side really. Only the top and bottom mount freezers get a good energy rating. Other than that, keep the buttons on locked, as an accidental push of 'holiday' mode (very easy to do) will switch off the fridge part.... who thought that was a good idea, a one touch push to switch off your fridge without knowing.. lucky we noticed it early enough and switched it off.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Great so far!

A quiet easy-to-clean sleek-looking fridge. No issues with pulling the shelves or drawers out for a clean. Love the extra freezer space. So far so good! Downside is that it is less energy efficient therefore a slight increase in our bill which is expected, unless you're willing to pay more for a more energy-efficient fridge!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Worse Fridge ever

Fisher & Paykel provide worse Fridge ever, they have very very poor customer service and will never consider this brand for anything anymore. I have purchase a brand new unit but it looks like a re-condition unit but Fisher & Paykel refuse to accept problem of the fridge. Customer Service is very poor and just tell us to change the fridge if we think it is not suitable. Can't believe today you can still have such poor service, I guess poor brand, poor management and poor people.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Classy, works great!

No problems seven months in from purchase. Purchased at a quite a good discount, provided great value so far. Fridge seems to keeping temperature well. Previous commenters have noted a temperature discrepancy, which is something I think I will have to look into. Needed good gaps for ventilation on setup as it had a whine if congested. Not too noisy, mostly silent in fact. Freezer seems to get a slight whine rarely. So far I remedy this by opening and closing the freezer. Classy design and seems to have put up with the challenges we have thrown at it.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Poor

Bought fridge with freezer but delivered wrong fridge, got side by side doors. Couldn’t be bothered swapping as delivery guys struggled to get fridge up stairs, etc,

Badly designed Friday’s- poor freezer space and hard to open doors in fridge nook

Don’t buy this fridge. Get one that has freezer at the bottom

Avoid At All Costs!!!

Do not buy this fridge, it is crap along with the crappy service from Fisher & Paykel.
Last fridge of theirs we have owned over 20 years never a problem. This lemon after 5 months breaks down. Never again Fisher & Paykel!! Your products are rubbish and should be banned.

Terrible fridge. A lemon

After 6 months the refrigerator side froze everything. Had technician out replaced all electronics. Day later freezer side defrosted everything. Few days later refrigerator side froze everything again. Have to wait days for technician. I am definately NOT HAPPY. Still no resolution. Have thrown out 1 whole freezer load of goods a 2 refrigerator loads.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Poor quality

We puchased this fridge and have had nothing but trouble with it. Frosts up...doesnt maintain temperature...plays melodies and different sounds when no one is near it. Wont change temperature after settings are changed. Found out today this fridge isnt even made by Fisher&Paykel but is in fact made by Haier...a Chinese manufacturer. No wonder the Harvey Norman sales rep kept pushing extended warranty...they knew something we didnt and didnt disclose this very important information which had we have known we would never have purchased this fridge. NOT AT ALL HAPPY!!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

No issues!

Have had no issues so far! Is quiet to run and keeps everything cold. The Freezer tends to ice up items slightly even though I keep reducing the temperature, but only minor.
Good storage areas, quiet running, very large ice compartment (probably too large) and easy to keep clean. Happy with purchase!

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Pretty dang good

We've had this for a while and its been very reliable.We have a large family and constantly have a great deal of food and drinks in there.

The fridge is very roomy and caters to our whole family's need (5 people) without an issue. We don't find an issue with some areas being too cold but rather it is pretty constant.

Basically, very roomy and haven't had any issues.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

I have just purchased this fridge, i am quite concerned now reading all above. Do you think i should change it for another make and model?

am looking forward to buying this fridge, but i am afraid it still has the freezer problem, should i go for it or should i look for something else? thanks
If you believe a technician has already gone out and fixed this and the other problems in all of these fridges which have been sitting in boxes in various warehouses.... Or perhaps in the factory the problem has filtered back and Harry Potter has fixed it. I believe they wait for the client to ring them with the problem. That's why my 3 month old fridge is sitting idle and unplugged. Awaiting my second visit from an under-resourced technician system. Self employed and I don't work from home. $$$ Thanks Fisher Paykel. What a pretty but perfect piece of polished turd this fridge is.

Has this model been designed so the slide out drawers hit the door even when it is fully open (hopefully not!) or does this main my door is not opening as far as it should?
It is very difficult to make an accurate diagnosis of the specific cause without the benefit of inspecting your appliance. If you would like to arrange a technician to attend to your refrigerator, you can call our 24-hour Customer Care Centre on 1300 650 590 and a Customer Representative will assist you with service in your area. Alternatively, you can search for service in your area by using our online locator at the following link: http://www.fisherpaykel.com/au/support/service-appliances#request-a-service If there is a Fisher & Paykel technician in your area, a form will be generated which you can complete to submit a service request using our online booking facility. Otherwise, the locator will provide you with the contact details for the Authorised Service Centre(s) near your area.We just bought this fridge yesterday. We too cant open the crisper draws fully as it hits the fridge door even when fully opened.

628L Side by Side RX628DX1 (Stainless Steel)628L Side by Side RX628DW1 (White)
Price (RRP) $2,599
Dimensions 1795 x 910 x 740 mm1795 x 910 x 740 mm
Energy Rating2 star(s)2 star(s)
Household Size 5+ people5+ people
FeaturesDisplay PanelDisplay Panel
Colour / Finish Stainless SteelWhite
Handle Type External External
Smart Fridge NoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlass
Number of Shelves44
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins 33
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity