Fisher & Paykel Series 7 Top Loader Washing Machines

Fisher & Paykel Series 7 Top Loader Washing Machines

WL1068P1 (10kg), WA8560E1 (8.5kg), WA1068P1 (10kg), etc...

Washing Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of washing machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.2

LJW

LJW

Beeps every cycle - too sensitive to weight distribution in barrel. Have to press start to make it go again.

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$850.00.

Terri

TerriDarling Downs, QLD

WORST MODEL EVER

I love that the machine is simple to operate, but there's no lint filter, so lint goes all over the clothes, the machine tangles blankets and long sleeves, and my towels come out with holes!!! I've bought F&P machines before that were a dream to own, but this one is horrible. I dread washing linen in it as it always goes out of balance. can't wash pillows or school bags. and seriously, have you ever heard of a machine that tears holes in your towels??????

Purchased for A$699.00.

Tricia

TriciaSydney, NSW

Avoid, buy something else, do not buy this model

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for A$1,285.00.

Top Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel Series 7 Top Loader Washing Machines compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

Bev K.

Bev K.

Love it

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for A$799.00.

Johnson

JohnsonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The quality is really good.

The quality of Fisher & Paykel washing machine is really good. We got it from my friend, and it has been lasting for five years since 2015, and now it is still in good condition.

Purchased in May 2015.

key

keySydney, NSW

Out of Balance Error and loud banging (drum)

I bought my WL1068P1 (10kg Top Loader) on 21/1/2014 from Harvey Norman at $1,149. For the first 5.5 years, I was happy with it. I usually use Regular mode. Since 6 months ago, Out of Balance error came up almost every time. I reshuffled the cloths and continued washing. However since 3 months ago, I cannot continue washing after reshuffling the load. It did not work at all. So I tried to use Spin only mode to finish the washing. But the drum stopped after a big crash noise just after it started to turn. I tried to use Automatic Recovery On mode to auto-fix the out of balance error but in vain. I am wondering whether I have to repair it or buy a new one.

Purchased in January 2014 at Harvey Norman for A$1,149.00.

Middy

MiddySouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use

We have only had this machine for a few weeks. It is easy to use and it has quick and efficient washing cycles and it is reasonably quiet.

The machine has an automatic levelling function which it does in the set up phase. The automatic water level function is great.

Our previous Fisher & Paykel machine lasted 17 years so we would be very optimistic if this one lasted that long.

Evan Nichols

Evan NicholsSouth East Queensland, QLD

No Quality or Quality Control with Fisher and Paykel appliances

Bought this machine from Good Guys. Delivered and installed about 11.30am. Did one small wash of 4 large towels which was fine, but by 3pm, there was water all over the laundry floor. It leaked from the machine not the hoses. Never ever buy this machine. For the price of this product I expected at least average quality but was sorely disappointed. Hang your head in shame Fisher and Paykel

Purchased in March 2020 at The Good Guys for A$1,584.00.

JB

JBRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Dont buy

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$850.00.

Washer- Lint build up.

The only problem we have so far is lint build up on our clothes. Never had it with any other washing machine. We will no be getting another Fisher & Paykel washer.

The worst washing machine ever!

Bought this machine thinking it would be efficient and quick. It is neither. I have to constantly, particularly using small loads change to the spin cycle to make it actually spin. As I speak it has now been 2 hours since my light load of whites was put in and despite changing the load to spin twice it still hasn't finished. The F&P techie who has been twice has told me they only work well on concrete floors. I have a wooden, well supported floor in an brand new laundry. It still doesn't work well. F&P couldn't care less.
Please don't waste your money, worst washing machine ever

Alayne

AlayneSydney, NSW

This machine is a total nightmare! I HATE this machine!

It is now 5 1/2 years old and is a total nightmare. Initially it wasn't too bad but then it started being constantly off-balance. As it has become older it has become worse. I have to readjust each load 8-9 times and it takes me hours just to do one load. I had a repairman out to look at it a few months ago but there was no improvement.

I have previously owned Fisher & Paykel machines and have had no issues with them. Are the other models still okay? Is this the only dud model? I'll have to buy another machine because I just can't handle this one, but do I stick with Fisher & Paykel or look elsewhere? I'd hate to end up with another dud especially when they are so expensive.

Purchased in March 2014 at Harvey Norman for A$1,339.00.

joy

joy

Useless

This machine is the worst I have ever had in over 50 years. You have to wash everything on Bulky to get enough water to wash properly . Then u have to start again to rinse so you get enough water to rinse. So Nearly 2 hours later u have finished. If only they put a water level button in might have helped. Other machine have them. Clothes come out looking like creased rags. They have put a front load machine into a top load without adding a water level button. Absolutely the worst useless machine ever. Do not buy. Tried to exchange but goodguys refused Yet they do for others.

Purchased in October 2019 for A$1,300.00.

mia

mia

So in love with this model!

A fabulous wash, easy to use, quiet operation. I cannot fault this washing machine. Clothes are washed beautifully. You need to categorize loads, light colours with similar, etc. Follow manufacturers instructions and you will get a great wash. Just love my new machine!

Purchased in August 2019.

banya

banyaperth

Leaves lint all over clothes, leaks and doesnt spin on anything but lowest setting

This machine has a lifespan of about 3 years, after that it leaks, and doesnt spin on anything other than lowest setting. Apart from this, from new, there were problems, the machine has no removable filter so no matter what you wash it will have lint on it, Even the highest setting of water doesnt soak the material sufficiently as its still 10cms below the clothes level. You have to put an additional rinse time of 33 mins to actually get your clothes clean, so claims of water and energy efficiency are woefully incorrect.
Bad buy

Purchased in October 2015.

little star l.

little star l.South East Queensland, QLD

never ever to buy it! who like to have my washing machine, give it to you for free!

never washed and cleaned properly, wasting water, wasting my hot water for bowl cleaning!!!

Now I have to manually put out the clothes before draining the water, hand rinse them and put back to spin, terrible!

Purchased in September 2018.

Ros I

Ros IHunter Region, NSW

always goes off balance when I wash my towels and sheets

Everytime I wash my sheets or towels this washing machine goes off balance. At least twice it stops itself and beeps it’s load is off. It is so annoying if you don’t hear it and come back an hour later to hang it out and it’s stopped itself.
Other than that when I was my clothes it’s great

Not a happy customer

Not the best machine I’ve had unfortunately... find it doesn’t wash properly , had to change from powder to liquid . Winds up pant legs and twist sheets n dish towels to the point they rip
.. would NOT buy it again

Purchased in January 2017 for A$1,800.00.

Sachila W.

Sachila W.

In love with this product

Love this product; I have being using this product for more than 3 years without a single problem. I wash from rough to smooth cloths using the options given. Everything comes out perfectly. I can reduce the cycle times and select the spin speed to match the clothing type I wash. I would highly recommend this reliable product.

Purchased in February 2016.

Tammy Parnell

Tammy ParnellPerth, WA

wonderful

I have bought this a while ago and have nothing but great use from it. Cleaning beautifully can use the quick wash which takes no time at all but cleans as well as the soak dial which runs for about 30 mins.

Purchased for A$700.00.