Washing Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of washing machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

A review for the speed queen heavy duty washing machine AWNA62

all common clothes eg polyester , t sheets ,flannelette .jumpers, linen sheets,

simple use of knobs and features, similar to our previous machine which was the General electric heavy duty washing machine, USA, which even though old and still working ,just, it had lasted from when bought 1991-2020 (29 years)

all clothes and delicate all seem to be handled well and the cycle times are also ok

thanks

Cos

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$549.00.

Dryer TypeElectrolux EDV705HQWA
Tony

TonyWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Speed Queen a product knowing its reputation has been associated with quality around the world

Great with all types of fabric and Delicates

Quick cycle time

quite and no vibration
Built for Durability and long lasting an assert for any home

quality world class construction simple design

Purchased in March 2020 at Con Souvis Hervey Bay Queensland for A$2,600.00.

Hi Tony,
Thanks for the great endorsement, were are glad you are happy.

Kiki33

Kiki33AU

Will always be loyal to Speedqueen

Finally put the old Kleenmaid (Speedqueen) machine out to pasture after 30 years. We always planned to purchase another Speedqueen and have not been disappointed. We actually were encouraged (by Speedqueen) to repair our old machine and when it didn't work, they refunded us the parts so we bought a new one. They offered great support and service over the phone and the installation of the new machine was very professional. Quiet and effective washing machine that we are confident will last for decades.

Purchased in April 2020.

Steph Wallbank

Steph WallbankSydney, NSW

Great value, great cleaning & user friendly to boot.

Love these machines - previous one lasted 26 years - hope this one's as good! So far we're loving it - copes with delicates & bulk items like sheets etc beautifully. Easy to operate, even change settings after starting, and fast cycles times.

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman Castle Hill.

Dryer TypeFisher & Paykel
Geoff

GeoffIllawarra, NSW

Excellent quality machine

We purchased this machine to replace the Maytag which we had for 20 years.
These machines are pretty much bulletproof and easy to use and. We are very pleased with the quick cycle and large capacity.

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$2,695.00.

Noise Level

Quality machine with a BIG lifespan.

I purchased this machine to replace my old Speed Queen which has served our family for over 25 years.
Not a lot has changed, still the same bulletproof machine that is simple and easy to use. Yes, the initial purchase price is higher than other options, but the quality and long lifespan make it an easy decision. Very pleased with its quick cycle time and large capacity.
Here’s to another 25+ years of trouble free laundry.

Sandra

SandraSydney, NSW

Amazing

All clothes... anything from Jeans to t-shirts including underwear. I cannot believe anyone would buy any other clothes dryer... the speed is amazing... a full load of towels takes the same time to dry as it does to wash... why would anyone buy a cheaper machine and then pay for extra electricity and wear and tear when then can buy a speed queen and have amazing warranty and amazing longevity and speed and quality of wash and dryer.

Dryer TypeSpeed Queen Rear Control ADG3TR

speed queen is the perfect foil for a washing addict

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Noise Level

Very fast, very quiet and never out of balance :)

If you're sick of out of balance error messages, washing machines that dance their way out of position and across your laundry then this is the washing machine for you! You get what you pay for and this machine proves that I've used it for 3 months and it's streaks ahead of my last three washing machines. Buy it you won't regret it plus the installation process is seamless.

Purchased in February 2020 at Powerland for A$2,695.00.

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the great review, yes Speed Queen washers are little more Schwarzenegger rather Astaire, no good at dancing but will always get the job done.

Neita Pope

Neita PopeDarling Downs, QLD

best Machine Ever!!

I have had many machines over the years, cheap and expensive, but this one is the best by far. good size easy panel not complicated, does not move at all. wash cycles aren't to long, the machine is easy to keep clean and cleans well..

Purchased in January 2020 at Betta Home Living for A$3,300.00.

Dryer Typenone

Hi Neita,
Thanks for the fantastic review.

Di J

Di JHunter Region, NSW

Best Washing Machine Ever !

Not a cheap purchase but worth every cent.
So very happy with this washing machine. You can tell it is a high quality product.
Love the fact that it is so simple to use- chose the non electronic model as I have had issues with those in the past.
Washes the clothing beautifully and as mentioned in another review,
the spin cycle is great.
The “normal” cycle is not overly long, and the machine is not too noisy.
I highly recommend this product.

Purchased in February 2020 at Winning Appliances NSW, Newcastle.

Craige C.Speed Queen

Thanks DiJ for this outstanding endorsement.

Just keeps on chugging

I am extremely happy with my new Speed Queen. I was very happy with the last one, too. I have found that they don’t last any longer than Simpson or the other reputable brands, but they are very fit-for-purpose. They wash clothes reliably without all the useless bells and whistles. The machine is rather sturdy and there aren’t a lot of functions you never use. The function panel is easy to read and use. The machine never beeps at you or tries to talk to you (my pet hate). The machine never unbalances, which I find extremely annoying in other machines. It cost more, but it was worth it.

Noise Level

Very happy with my purchase

This machine is super strong and can handle large loads no problem. It has a simple control panel and looks great in our laundry. The clothes come out relatively free of creases which is an added bonus. The reliability of the Speed Queen is most valued, having had many other washers in the past that would need frequent repair or replacement I am confident this one will be trouble free.

Hi Glenda,
Thanks for the great review and we know you will have many years of trouble free laundering.

Jcmc8

Jcmc8Perth, WA

Simply awesome.

I’m just about to sell my Speed Queen top loader, which fills me with regret.
I’ve down sized and it doesn’t fit into my smaller home.
It’s four years old and has never missed a beat.
So reliable.
So sturdy.
It just does one thing really well - and that’s your laundry.
Despite not having a lint filter, I’ve never had any trouble with residue or tangling - everything comes out well washed and well spun.
Loading it is easy as I don’t have to bend over, as is adding more clothing mid cycle. A quick wash is done in 30-45 minutes, and a high efficiency load in 90 minutes. Too easy.
No electronics or plastic.
This machine will be sorely missed.

Purchased in March 2016.

Dryer TypeFisher & Paykel 4.5kg AD55

Speed Queen Excellent Washing Machine

Easy to operate
Good variety of washing cycle options
Sturdy
Quiet
Good spin cycle that removes excess water from clothes well which in turn decreases drying time
Very satisfied with our Speed Queen purchase

Best Washing Machine We Have Ever Had

This machine has a 26 minute quick wash which is amazing. Clothes come out clean despite the short time of the cycle. The other cycles that we have used are equally impressive. Whites, heavy duty, delicates all are cleaned to a high standard. We have paired the washing machine with a Speed Queen drier with which we are also highly impressed. We had a couple of enquiries, mainly about venting of the drier, and the follow up service was impressive. Very, very helpful.

Dryer TypeSpeed Queen Touch ADGE8B
Nicki G

Nicki GSouth East Queensland, QLD

Outstanding clothes washer

The industrial strength washer lives up to ALL the hype!

I’m more in love with my Speed Queen was her today, than when I got it!

Sturdy in design, sturdy in its washing capacity. I have cut down to only 3 loads a week, including my queen sheet sets in one load! Never, ever have I had problems with it

Friends are sick to death of me raving about my love of my speed queen washer.

Purchased in November 2014 at Domayne.

Craige C.Speed Queen

Thanks for the great endorsement, your friends will get used to your ravings.

Potts

PottsCentral West, NSW

I love my new washing machine.

I wash towels, cotton bed sheets, clothes in general, pants, underwear etc. I find this machine very easy to use and its performance excellent. It handles delicates well. Very well.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$2,695.00.

Dryer TypeSimpson 39S500M

Speed Queen

This washing machine is mis-named. It should be called Speed King! Top of the wash in every respect! And I really mean it -- top of the wash in every respect!

Hi John,
Thanks for your flattering words, we are glad you like it.

Love my new washer

Our clothes are often covered in dirt and dust that comes from being on a farm dealing with drought, fire and if we're lucky mud. Speed Queen makes easy work of getting the dirt out. I only wish there was a sud save feature so that water from clothes not so dirty could be recycled back into machine. At present I do this with a bucket from the laundry sink. Water is a precious resource and we should be smarter about how we use it.

Purchased in January 2020.

Hi Jillie,
Thanks for the wonderful review, yes all washers should have a suds save cycle however some years ago the regulatory boffins decided that is was not hygienic.
Thanks for doing your part to conserve water.

Jillie
Jillie

My pleasure thank you.
Time to bring the sud save back.

gmac022

gmac022asked

AWNA62

Who makes speed queen /what is build quality like?

Craige C.Speed Queen

Speed Queen washer and dryer have been built since 1908 in Ripon Wisconsin USA. Their quality and reputation for reliability have made them the largest commercial and industrial maker of laundry appliance manufacturer in the world.

Tony M.

Tony M.asked

Does not spin

Hi Tony,
We need a little more info to be able to help you, please contact your nearest state distributor on 1300washer and they will be able assist.

Leah B.asked

AWNA62

I have accidentally pressed the High Efficiency button, how long will this soak for? And how can I get out of that setting now during this wash? It has been flashing for an hour

Beau Cornerstone
Beau Cornerstone

Hi Leah, I checked the manual because I don't personally use the high efficiency setting . All it seems to say is to expect soaking during the agitation portion of the cycle. The IN USE, RINSE and SPIN status lights will flash one after the other during the soak periods. It's been several hours since you posted the question. Did your machine eventually complete the cycle? If it's still flashing I'd contact SpeedQueen in case it has a faulty module.

sammyuser
sammyuser

Hey, sounds normal, it has multiple long soak times and some washing actions with this setting.
My machine on this setting, washes / soaks for around 90 - 100 mins. ( A light flashes when its doing the soaking thing )

Get an answer from our members and Speed Queen representatives