How to buy the best washing machine

Read now

My second Speed Queen, even better than the first

Even with my large family grown and left home, I still need the capacity to wash large items such as curtains and quilts. However, the machine very quickly and efficiently deals with smaller loads I usually wash these days. My first Speed Queen lasted almost 25 years, never missing a beat. I expect this one will outlast me.

Purchased in August 2020.

Noise Level

No more washing day blues

I love my new Speed Queen washing machine. It is so easy to use and fits lots of washing inside. It was definitely worth the price which included my machine being installed by 2 very helpful technicians. Excellent service.

Purchased in July 2020.

Hi Geo,
Thanks for the great endorsement.

My Regret is that we didn't get a Speed Queen Sooner

My wife and I are very happy with the machine. My Regret is that we didn't get a Speed Queen Sooner. Stop putting up with crappy cheaper machines that have out of balance issues etc etc and buy something decent. Its well worth the initial outlay. They are built to last.

I highly recommend Speed Queen.

Purchased in August 2020 for A$2,795.00.

Hi John,
We are glad that your SQ is not rocking your house.

Jan T.

Jan T.Sydney, NSW

Amazing speed queen.

My speed queen is fantastic. I wash every day and find my clothes always come out lovely and clean and the delicate cycle is great. I also like the soak cycle especially for very soiled cloths. Really like the new style of settings. I have just replaced my old speed queen which I had for over 20 years. That says it all ///// I do not know any one that washes every day and can say their w/c lasted for 20 years. They are the most reliable, beautifully built using the best of materials.
Thank you speed queen you are the best.

Purchased in August 2020 for A$2,695.00.

Happy washer

Happy washerSydney, NSW

Speed Queen 8.5kg top loader

Loving my speed queen. Love how simple it is to use – no digital headaches. Great wash cycles. Washes and spins really well. Lots of room for sheets and blankets. More importantly it does not tangle my clothes.

Used to have a 8.5kg Maytag , for 20 years. Very reliable and hassle free. I know Speed queen is also a very reputable brand. I am looking forward to another 20 years of hassle free washing.

No regrets

My husband asked me to buy the machine I really wanted and I don't regret my choice. The machine does the wash cleanly and efficiently. The delivery and installer was very punctual, professional and polite. We don't regret our choice.

Purchased in August 2020.

Rayan M.

Rayan M.North Queensland, QLD

always runs like brand new

I absolutely Love this washing machine because its quiet. Your Clothes always come out clean with very little wash cycle time. its build quality is also very high and in 20 years when I upgrade ill be looking at the same brand, the only thing that cane make this a better product is if it wasn't so expensive but then again its definitely worth the asking price.

Hi Rayan,
Thanks for the great review.

Ken PLaunceston, TAS

Costly, but near perfect washing machine.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$2,695.00.

Hi Ken,
Thanks for the endorsement, the home range of SQs are made to same high standard as those used in commercial laundries.

Mary-Ann

Mary-AnnRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Love my washing machine

I love my washing machine. I throw lots in and push one button. It couldn't be easier. I just replaced a previous model (Kleenmaid) that I had for 20+ years.

Purchased in May 2020.

Stress-free Washing Days!

Very impressed with my new machine! Happy with everything about it, it's easy to use, sturdy, quick cycles, and the clothes come out clean!! Excellent retailer service from Harvey Norman Wagga. Delivery and installation went smoothly, the guys were friendly & helpful. Love my Speedqueen!!

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Hi Maree,
We are glad you love you new SQ and pleased the guys from Harvey Norman looked after delivery & install so well.
Thanks for the great review.

Irene B.

Irene B.Sydney, NSW

Excellent no fuss washer.

Love this washing machine, easy to use and takes hardly no time to finish the wash cycle. Clothes come out clean. The only downside would be the price, but you get what you pay for.

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Hi Irene,
Thanks for your great review. It's all in the name Speed Queen it means fast.

Jabean11

Jabean11North Queensland, QLD

Very happy customer :)

I'm very happy with my Speed Queen, it’s great! I wash everything - delicate clothing, dirty workwear, towels, doonas and blankets, and anything else you can think of. It's so easy and simple to use, it's nice to have basic operating knobs instead of all the hard to operate digital stuff. It washes extremely well even though the full cycle time is only around 40 minutes and the delicate cycle really is delicate, it's so gentle. I love it!!

Purchased in May 2020 at Bi-Rite Home Appliances for A$2,500.00.

A review for the speed queen heavy duty washing machine AWNA62

all common clothes eg polyester , t sheets ,flannelette .jumpers, linen sheets,

simple use of knobs and features, similar to our previous machine which was the General electric heavy duty washing machine, USA, which even though old and still working ,just, it had lasted from when bought 1991-2020 (29 years)

all clothes and delicate all seem to be handled well and the cycle times are also ok

thanks

Cos

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$549.00.

Dryer TypeElectrolux EDV705HQWA
Tony

TonyWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Speed Queen a product knowing its reputation has been associated with quality around the world

Great with all types of fabric and Delicates

Quick cycle time

quite and no vibration
Built for Durability and long lasting an assert for any home

quality world class construction simple design

Purchased in March 2020 at Con Souvis Hervey Bay Queensland for A$2,600.00.

Hi Tony,
Thanks for the great endorsement, were are glad you are happy.

Kiki33

Kiki33AU

Will always be loyal to Speedqueen

Finally put the old Kleenmaid (Speedqueen) machine out to pasture after 30 years. We always planned to purchase another Speedqueen and have not been disappointed. We actually were encouraged (by Speedqueen) to repair our old machine and when it didn't work, they refunded us the parts so we bought a new one. They offered great support and service over the phone and the installation of the new machine was very professional. Quiet and effective washing machine that we are confident will last for decades.

Purchased in April 2020.

Steph Wallbank

Steph WallbankSydney, NSW

Great value, great cleaning & user friendly to boot.

Love these machines - previous one lasted 26 years - hope this one's as good! So far we're loving it - copes with delicates & bulk items like sheets etc beautifully. Easy to operate, even change settings after starting, and fast cycles times.

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman Castle Hill.

Dryer TypeFisher & Paykel
Geoff

GeoffIllawarra, NSW

Excellent quality machine

We purchased this machine to replace the Maytag which we had for 20 years.
These machines are pretty much bulletproof and easy to use and. We are very pleased with the quick cycle and large capacity.

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$2,695.00.

Noise Level

Quality machine with a BIG lifespan.

I purchased this machine to replace my old Speed Queen which has served our family for over 25 years.
Not a lot has changed, still the same bulletproof machine that is simple and easy to use. Yes, the initial purchase price is higher than other options, but the quality and long lifespan make it an easy decision. Very pleased with its quick cycle time and large capacity.
Here’s to another 25+ years of trouble free laundry.

Sandra

SandraSydney, NSW

Amazing

All clothes... anything from Jeans to t-shirts including underwear. I cannot believe anyone would buy any other clothes dryer... the speed is amazing... a full load of towels takes the same time to dry as it does to wash... why would anyone buy a cheaper machine and then pay for extra electricity and wear and tear when then can buy a speed queen and have amazing warranty and amazing longevity and speed and quality of wash and dryer.

Purchased in February 2020.

Dryer TypeSpeed Queen Rear Control ADG3TR

speed queen is the perfect foil for a washing addict

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Leigh

Leighasked

Will it wash a KS doona

Marion Tomes

Yes. This assumes it is a normal weight doona. I have washed a large handmade patchwork quilt (3metres square) with no trouble.

EDDIE

EDDIEasked

AWNA62

Is this machine suitable for use in a caravan park? Where in melbourne can you purchase this machine?

Ken P

You should be able to buy the Speed Queen washing machine from several electrical outlets (Harvey Norman, Retravision etc.). I bought mine at Retravision in Launceston Tasmania because they had one in stock. I can't answer whether this machine would specifically suit a caravan park, but it is built very solidly so I think you would be hard pressed to find any other washer that would be better for a commercial application.

Hi Eddie,
You will need to buy a commercial model not a home range model. While they are very similar and no different in quality they have better warranty coverage when used in a commercial site like a caravan park.
Most good retailers have access to the commercial range.
The “Find a Retailer “ tab on the Speedqueen.com.au website should lead you to the closest Speed Queen outlet.

Rivasked

AWNA62

Hi, could you please let me know what the difference is between the Speed Queen 8.5kg Top Load Washing Machine
AWNA62-seen above, and the Speed Queen 8.5kg Top Load Washing Machine
AWNA62 Black. Also, what does first generation and second generation mean? Thank you :-)

Hi Riv
The difference between these model is purely cosmetic, slightly different control panel layout and colour.

Riv

Does this one have the agitator or the new system?

Get an answer from our members and Speed Queen representatives

Compare all 2 Speed Queen AWNA62
Speed Queen AWNA62 Black (2nd Gen)
  • Award Winner 2021

Speed Queen AWNA62 Black (2nd Gen)

Speed Queen AWNA62 (1st Gen)
  • Discontinued
  • Award Winner 2021
  • 2020
  • 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017

Speed Queen AWNA62 (1st Gen)

CategoryTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing Machines
Price (RRP) A$2,695.00A$2,695.00
Capacity8.5 kg7.5 kg
Household Size 3-4 people2-3 people
FeaturesAuto BalancingAuto Balancing
Energy Rating1 star(s)1 star(s)
Water Rating3 star(s)3 star(s)
Drum MaterialStainless SteelStainless Steel
Weight89 kg83 kg
Country of ManufactureUnited StatesUnited States
MechanismAgitatorAgitator
Open Lid Height 1,308 mm1,290 mm
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateMay 2019
Discontinuation dateDec 2019
Replaced bySpeed Queen AWNA62 Black (2nd Gen)
ManualDownload manual