Isn’t quite good

Hmm!! So it was already in the house when i moved here!! But it is just good it’s nice because what can we expect from a washing machine it’s good

Purchased at The CPAP Clinic Physical store for $550.00.

Noise Level
Dryer TypeAsko T784C

The best brand washer on the market

This is our second Speed Queen washer. The first one lasted 23 years!!

We discovered when ordering this new Speed Queen that there are many washers on the market, with fancy looking control panels and lots of shiny chrome that catches the eye of shoppers. Speed Queen machines, both washer and dryer (yes we have both) are not built to look good, although they don't look bad either. They are built to a quality and durability standard that's been proven for many decades in hospitals, hotels, motels and so on. This means the washer we get for home use brings with it a long list of credentials for toughness that can't been seen on the outside. I should add that our machine washes our clothes perfectly - every time.

After suffering many problems with other branded washers and dryers, we bought our first Speed Queen washer and dryer in 1994. Since then the performance of these machines is so good, we won't buy any other brand. And by the way, we got a call from Speed Queen today 16/1/2019, just to make sure we were happy and that our new machines were performing to our satisfaction.

While many people recommend different products, I will say this. If you don't buy Speed Queen, you will never know what you have missed out on. They are the best!!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Speed Queen AWNA62

I have just bought this Speed Queen Washer recently and to my knowledge it does a good job of washing my clothes. I think the wash cycle on a regular load is a bit short with only 7 minutes, but as I haven't had any really dirty clothes to wash, it seems fine for the clothes I've done. The best thing about the machine is its large tub. I should be able to wash my polar fleece blankets in it without difficulty, which I wasn't able to do with my previous machine. In my opinion the worse thing about the machine is not knowing how far you are through the wash cycle. My old machines dial used to move around through the wash, rinse and spin cycle, so you knew how far it was in the cycle. The Speed Queen doesn't do that.
I will be able to tell in the future whether the clothes are as white as I would like and if the stains are removed properly over time. I haven't had it long enough to say about that yet.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

... What a sigh of relief ...

... Yes we did Rob a Bank, our Bank A/c - to buy this Wonderful Machine, however do you know what? not one day has passed now since our purchase back in March 2018 have we regretted our rather extravagant purchase. Oil, Grease, Mud - we used to have mud just Dust now, Cow Poop, Horse Poop, Cattle Drench, Blood ... well the list goes on; nothing is too much trouble for the Speed Queen AWNA62.
Quiet, thorough and even Delicate with some washes where needed - yes we do have a water shortage where we live "off the grid" as it is a water gusler and having to deal with a Drought now for the past three years we recycle every drop into the garden; as for the mechanics of the Speed Queen AWNA62 it is built to do the distance. Extremely pleased - and as an added bonus even 'He' can use it with the simplicity of its controls and ease of operation now that is a sigh of relief!!!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Brilliant Machine

So simple to use absolutely no trouble, quiet and easily set and go with quick cycles. The clothes come out extra clean, bright and spun to a damp finish, just superb. Well worth the money and I would highly recommend this machine to anyone wanting dependability, durability and ease of use.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Words cannot give sufficient justice!

I used to be an unemployed movie theater usher but that all changed when I bought the Speed Queen AWNA62. Now I’m an unemployed movie theater usher with a Speed Queen! Before purchasing this beautiful piece of engineering i just floated through life like I was never whole, part of, uncomfortable in my own skin but since taking ownership of the Speed Queen AWNA62 I have a life beyond my wildest dreams!!! Thank you Speed Queen!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Great functionality and ultra durable!

-Very easy to use with all types of clothing and materials such as polyesters and cotton.
-The controls and features are also very simple and has very quick cycles. Even great when using at different speeds.
-It handles delicate clothing with ease and is very quiet compared to previous machines I’ve used

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Good price washing machine that works well

Have been very pleased owning the speed queen top loader after having in the past three years front loaders this top loader is easy to put cloths in and out without having to get down on your hands or knees to pull out cloths. It also has been the best top loader I've used as its cleaned dirty cloths very well.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Just what we wanted

We only buy quality product, so when our old washer died after many years of use and abuse, we went for the speed queen.
We were a little disappointed when it was delivered, it had a scratch on the front panel.
Not a huge scratch, just a scratch which you don't want on a new machine.
Because of the way this machine is built, the front panel could be easily removed and on speaking to the agent, we arranged a replacement panel to be delivered later that week rather than sending the machine back.
Had the panel delivered and installed the next day. How is that for service?
The machine sees washing 3-4 times a week, work clothes, sheets, blankets, all manner of washing.
Never an issue. And its sooo easy to use.
No complicated buttons, switches and thingamabobs to fiddle with, just simple easy controls that wash.
This is a quality machine, quiet, solid and effective in cleaning clothing.
would recommend speed queen to anyone.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Excellent machine

Great simple operating machine,Washes excellent,Need to be careful with delicates as the machine is heavy duty so choose the gentle cycle at all times.We had a Maytag for 16 years prior without drama.We chose the speed queen for the simple controls and reliability you get when purchasing a HD machine.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

absolutely wonderful

Its fast, quiet and does a great job!
The delivery man was excellent, my home is on a very steep block and it would have been a challenge for him to install.

My favourite features are its easy operations .. very simple and intuitive, cant speak more highly of it

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Perfect!

This is my second washing machine in 20 years! So I did my research and the speed queen has lived up to the great reviews!
Quiet, lint free, no washing powder marks and it’s faster than my old machine.
A little on the expensive side but you get what you pay for and it’s well worth it!

Date PurchasedJun 2018

FANTASTIC Washing machine

The Speed "Mc" Queen as I call it is fantastic. I can put my husband's filthy work clothes in the machine, they sometimes can be wet and muddy and heavy, the machine never gets unbalanced, it's so quiet and the clothes come out perfectly clean. I can wash our king size bedding and the dogs sherpa beds with no troubles and just a load of normal clothes is a breeze. Yes this machine is pricey but worth every penny. I didn't get the electric controls as I think it's just one more thing than can go wrong with a machine. Manual controls brilliant and so simple to use. Downfall, the hose just sits in the trough not connected direct to plumbing outlet. I can over look this for what you get.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great price & great washing

We had to replace our old LG over 10 years old and couldn't afford a top level brand washing machine so we picked this option up from eBay as it was really cheap. It cleans stains well and has loads of different modes. We had to extend our water pipe as it was short

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Great washing machine

After having a Maytag washing machine for 15 yrs which now are no longer available I purchased a Speed Queen top loader as a replacement.
I have been using this machine for 21/2 years and now feel its time to give an opinion on its performance and reliability.
So far this machine has performed perfectly for me and has not miss a beat, if your looking at a top loader without the fancy bells and whistles that does the job of just washing all types of clothes and a machine that will last the distance it would be hard to go past this one.
A lot of caravan parks and laundromats use this brand of washing machine so I guess they must think that these machines represent value for money.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Excellent service

On my second Speed Queen washing machine now. Great machines! Lots of options on cycles and load sizes. Great for large heavy loads too.
Exceptional after sales service. Had my 8 year old machine up and running and looking like new in no time. Would most definitely recommend both the washing machine and matching dryer.

Date PurchasedAug 2010

Fantastic.

After having my old Kleenmaid for 25 years I was hesitant at purchasing a new machine. I’d heard horror stories about front loader machines so decided to stick with what had worked for quarter of a century. This machine is absolutely fantastic and I’m really happy I didn’t fall for a fancy looking electronic number. My only complaint, and I use the term reluctantly, is the cheap looking and feeling on/off switch. Change that and it would be beyond improvement.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Very Happy with New Speed Queen washing machine

Purchased our Speed Queen recently after having a front loader for many years. The clothes come out very clean and well rinsed . Unlike my front loader which often left my clothes soapy. It does use a bit more water than my old front loader, although i can fit a lot more washing in my Speed Queen and do less loads. Its very quick and easy to use as i dont have to crawl around on the floor to put washing in the machine any more.. Its not loud, the same level of noise as my front loader just a different sound. I love the convience of having clean washing done so quiclkly. i no longer have to wait half a day for the washing to be done. I would highly recommend this machine.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Lou lou, Thanks for review & we are pleased you new SQ washer is filling your expectations. Laundry love, who would thought it.

Very happy with our Speed Queen

After 29 years of constant use our first Speed Queen stopped working. Only one call out for a minor problem after 20 years. We just purchased another Speed Queen and Sydney (the installer) went above and beyond what we expected. After a couple of washes today, we are already very happy with our new purchase. Great service and great machine.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Thanks for the great endorsement Chooky, we are pleased you love your new Speed Queen washer.

A surprisingly robust washing machine - mine is 20 years old

I purchased my Speed Queen back in August 1997 and it is still going. When I bought the machine we had little ones and it worked overtime. The large drum meant we could also deal with those night time accidents and wash all the bedding without concern.

The only repair I have had to make to the machine has been the timer switch. The machine is fairly noisy when operating compared with many newer and smaller models, but the longevity of the machine has really surprised me.

If you want a long lasting washing machine, then a Speed Queen is a good option in my opinion.

Date PurchasedAug 1998

Hi I have all three light flashing on my Kleenmaid washing machine can anybody help me with what would be making them flash? Thanks Bruce
Hi Bruce, I suspect you have your Speed Queen on the high efficiency cycle and the wash rinse spin indicator lights will all flash simultaneously when it is in wash pause mode. When in the HE cycle the wash part of the cycle has 3 wash parts hyphenated by 3 soak pauses before going into the rinse part of the wash cycle. Contact you nearest SQ state service department on 1300washer and they can answer any other questions you may have.I didnt know that Kleenmaid and Speed Queen had anything in common. Are they both manufactured by the same people? I had a Kleenmaid machine about 10-12 years ago and hated it. Would never have another one. If they are both manufactured by the same people I hope my Speed Queen performs better over the long term than the Kleenmaid did or I'm not likely to remain happy with it for very long.Not all Kleenmaid models were made by Speed Queen. Kleenmaid contracted many different manufactures over the years to make their appliances.

Can you please tell me What is the difference between the options of 'High Efficiency' and 'Regular' on my AWNA62 SN 301AW01 model? As I did not get a manual with the machine and can't find out about it. Thank you, Lucy Godlee bootsnoats@gmail.com
Hi Lucy, You can download the instruction manual from this link http://www.speedqueen.com.au/media/213733/AWNA62-303-User-man.pdf Meanwhile the difference between regular and high efficiency is that HE cycle uses less water however it does use more time to compensate. The HE cycle is only recommended for lightly soiled garment that don't give off lint as this cycle does not have a deep rinse where excess lint would normally be removed from the wash. Also you cannot use fabric softener without the deep rinse on the HE cycle. regards Speed Queen

I'm concerned about the lack of a lint filter. I have dogs who shed a lot of fine, fluffy, hair, which floats around in the air until it finds something to cling to, & most of it ends up on my clothes, or bedding. I avoid fabrics that attract dog hair, & my dryer does a reasonable job of getting most of it off, but in this case, reasonable is far from adequate. Obviously, it's not realistic to expect that a washing machine can solve my problem, but short of kicking the dogs out, there is really nothing I can do about it, so I'm looking for one that handles dog hair relatively well. I don't know what to look for in a machine, but all other concerns seem insignificant, by comparison. Is it correct to assume that a machine with a lint filter will remove more hair than one without? Will this machine be significantly less effective than other machines, given my circumstances? and if so, what do you recommend? Thanks!
Thank you for your very informative question, unfortunately I cannot really comment on large quantities of dog hair as we do not have this issue, however we do have a number of saddle blankets that are full of Horse hair and I have never even contemplated using our household washing machine for cleaning the blankets - I do them the old fashioned way, a bucket of warm soapy water and plenty of arm muscle power. I'm sorry that I really cannot help you with your question, perhaps a question for the Speed Queen Reps?. Good Luck in your search.Hello, I've had my Speed Queen Machine since 2012. It is a good robust machine but doesn't do well with filtering lint at all. My remedy is to place all clothes you DON'T want lint on - in a laundry bag. A good one with the smallest of holes (or double it up and use two). As far as sheets go, I have changed all my sheets to pure cotton, so I don't have a lint problem. I have lots of laundry bags which I have sewn to make them double and have had no more problems. It's a bit of a hassle as first, but well worth the effort. Because I am old and have arthritis, I find the knob hard to pull out to start - but otherwise a great machine. Enjoy, cheers........ElsieHi there, There are variety of Speed models available and while most of them look very similar each model is manufactured with an intended use. Some are designed to be exclusively use in conjunction with a clothes dryer and will not effectively remove lint from the wash leaving this function to the dryer to allow for a shorter wash cycle. there are specific models for home use which have effective lint removal. www.speedqueen.com.au

AWNA62