Listing monitored by Speed Queen

Pros

Effectively cleans laundry
Spacious tub
Has user-friendly controls

Pearl
PearlGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Simply the best washing machine i've had to date

The speed queen reliably washes my dirty laundry, i'd recommend to anyone who needs a replacement washing machine to the one they currently own. Low noise, good water usage, recommend.

Purchased in May 2022.

Robert B.Sydney, NSW

Excellent Washing Machine

This washing machine does a great job, our old machine would always stop due to be things going out of balance, this machine is simple, washes well and really spins them well so they dry reasonably quickly. My wife loves it, happy wife, happy life.

Purchased in February 2022 at Harvey Norman for $2,695.

Only lasted 7 years

Unfortunately my machine, which is used for 3 loads a week, only lasted 7 years (Speed Queen advertise their machine will last 25 years in a domestic situation) before the transmission failed. The cost of the transmission is over $1000, with the other associated parts the cost of repair would be at least $1700. I contacted Speed Queen who put me on to the distributor for Canberra and I aired my concerns and asked if there could be some goodwill for repair or for purchase of a new machine. Basically they couldn't give a rats.

Purchased in February 2015 at Harvey Norman for $2,650.

DomSydney, NSW

Great machine. Does the job with minimum of fuss. It is gentle enough with the delicates.

We wash everything together cold. Machine is stable & quiet. Gentle on delicates - no disasters. Cycle times fine. Controls are quite simple, typically I pick load size then push one button!

Purchased in December 2021 at The Good Guys for $2,400.

Alan
AlanFar North Queensland, QLD

Wonderful machine

Another household that wished we had bought one sooner. We deliberately bought the machine without the digital control panel and are extremely happy with the performance of the machine. It actually washes the clothes which is something that our past machines kinda didn't really do. We've only had it for 9 months or so, and therefore can't comment on it's durability but it's a proper washing machine and well worth the initial investment.

Purchased in March 2021.

new to this brand

We had not heard of this brand till a friend mentioned purchasing a Speed Queen washing machine. Very happy with it so far. Appreciate the large tub - I can now do two of my previous washers' loads in one load. Even my QS bedspread (which I'd previously just soaked and hand-washed in bathtub) fits in easily and washed up beautifully. One query I had for the company on use of the machine was answered promptly and sorted out my concern. i wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others.

Jeff
JeffSydney, NSW

This is the only machine you should buy

I was recommended the speed queen washing machine by a family member. My only regret is I should have bought one earlier. It washes large loads easily, comes out wonderfully clean. The washer is simple to use with 3 dials and a start button. There is no need for fancy cycles. If you need to use extra rinse on other machines there is something wrong with their rinse cycle. The speed queen does the load correctly the first time. It is also very time efficient and gentle on delicates. I have use the speed queen for 4 months and its never missed a beat. Couldn't be happier. More expensive than other brands but certainly worth the money

Purchased in June 2021.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.29 Nov 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

Avleen M.
Avleen M.14 Dec 2021
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022
Nana
NanaPerth, WA

Third Speed Queen top loader machine

I think it being my third Speed Queen top loader machine speaks volumes
I wash three times a week, and use the rinse and spin function for hand washing
The only thing I am concerned about is the start button, hoping that there won't be any problems with it,
my previous machine had a dial
Other than that I really don't know why more Speed Queens are not bought
Great machine

Noise Level
Jackie
JackieCentral West, NSW

Very Happy Customer

Bought this washing machine from Betta Electrical June this year. It is a great solid machine, easy to install , washes clothes extremely well and is very simple to operate. My husband is a farmer/shearer and his clothes are very heavily soiled every day, every time i do a load of his clothes they come out very clean , I never have had a machine that washes so well.
I am a very happy customer!!

Purchased in May 2021.

Karen
KarenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Did my homework, and this was the best!

We looked around for some time, till we found this machine. which is large and solid. it is of metal construction and dead easy to operate. the price is higher than most. the clothes aren't all knotted up when the cycle is finished. I am extremely happy with our purchase.

Purchased in September 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Mort
MortSydney, NSW

Great Product

Bought the Washing Machine from Harvey Norman. Installation was easy and the machine is extremely efficient and washes the clothes brilliantly. I couldn't be more happier with this quality product.

Purchased in June 2021.

Mikey
MikeySouth East Queensland, QLD

Very impressed with everything about the machine.

We normally use the machine twice weekly and everything always proceeds smoothly. We use the machine for clothes, towels, sheets, curtains, etc. The machine has plenty of capacity and is very good with washing delicate items as well.

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Hayley
Hayley

i love it fabulous product

i love this washing machine its fast and does the job and always leaves my clothes fresh and dry fast! i love it so much , i got it when i moved into a new apartment and few im so glad i did

Purchased in August 2012 at The CPAP Clinic Physical store for $499.

RoyFabioEdwards
RoyFabioEdwardsMid North Coast, NSW

Simply brilliant....it just does what it is supposed to,without the bells and whistles we never use.

A wonderful product can be let down simply because of the back-up from the supplier. This has happened with Fisher & Paykel among others. But this washer does a great job; it is hugely strong,beautifully made too.The basic wash cycles actually are different to each other. I thought it may be too harsh on delicates;no so. I cannot fault this unit or the suppliers, F.L.Costello (Perth).

Purchased in October 2017.

Bronte Freeman
Bronte FreemanSouth-East, TAS

I love this washing machine.

I wash clothes for my whole family, so 12 people all up and this washing machine has been nothing but fantastic. All the clothes come up so damn clean and they smell amazing. My old washing machine never cleaned our clothes properly and they always came out smelling weird. If I could give it 10 stars, I would. I love it and would recommend to everyone.

Purchased in May 2021.

Nicole
Nicoleasked
AWNA62 Black (2nd Gen)

Hi there is this machine cabable of washing queen sized doonahs? Or is the size too small

Leah
Leahasked
AWNA62

If you only have a small load and don’t need the tub to be full can you choose to only fill to 1/2 or even 1/4 so as not to waste all that water that is not needed ?

Dom

Yes, the tub has three settings; small medium, large & it fills accordingly.

Ty Miller
Ty Millerasked
AWNA62 Black (2nd Gen)

Does it stop the cycle when you open the lid??

Craige C.Speed QueenSend a private message

The washer will stop when you open the lid. You can open the lid at any time as there is no lid lock. When you close the lid the machine will restart where it left off.

Get an answer from our members and Speed Queen representatives

Speed Queen AWNA62

Features:

• The Speed Queen AWNA62 Top Loader fills the entire tub with water, so that your laundry comes out as clean as possible.
  • The machine has electronic controls that stand up to moisture, high and low temperatures, vibration, and surges in power - so you can reliably choose your settings.
  • It has a solid mount suspension system, complete with a steel base and heavy-duty springs, so that it vibrates less while still performing well.
  • A stainless steel tub is gentler on your clothes, so you’re not left with more wear and tear on your favourite garments than usual.
  • This product comes with a 5-year warranty on all parts and in-home labour, and a lifetime warranty on the outer drain tub and the stainless steel wash basket.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that this top loading washing machine effectively cleaned all types of laundry and fabrics.
  • They also appreciated how spacious the machine was, saying that the large tub let them consistently do big loads and easily fit large items.
  • Reviewers also said that the machine was simple to use, thanks to its user-friendly controls.
Compare both Speed Queen AWNA62
Speed Queen AWNA62 Black (2nd Gen)
  • Award Winner 2022
  • 2021

Speed Queen AWNA62 Black (2nd Gen)

Speed Queen AWNA62 (1st Gen)
  • Discontinued
  • Award Winner 2022
  • 2021
  • 2020
  • 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017

Speed Queen AWNA62 (1st Gen)

CategoryTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing Machines
Price (RRP) $2,695.00$2,695.00
Capacity8.5 kg7.5 kg
Household Size 3-4 people2-3 people
FeaturesAuto BalancingAuto Balancing
Energy Rating1 star(s)1 star(s)
Water Rating3 star(s)3 star(s)
Drum MaterialStainless SteelStainless Steel
Weight89 kg83 kg
Country of ManufactureUnited StatesUnited States
MechanismAgitatorAgitator
Open Lid Height 1,308 mm1,290 mm
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)
Colour / FinishWhiteWhite
Release dateMay 2019
Discontinuation dateDec 2019
Replaced bySpeed Queen AWNA62 Black (2nd Gen)
ManualDownload manual