So happy!!

Have had our Speed Queen for 3 years now and I don't regret spending the extra $$. Easy to use and wash cycle times are great. A very strong and sturdy machine and I can see it lasting a good 20 plus years

Purchased in June 2016.

Noise Level

Honestly best washing machine on the market.

Wow - Couldn't be happier with this machine, easy to use,quite running and does a GREAT job of washing all our household clothes/items. This is the second Speed Queen washer we have purchased and LOVE it.
The first one has given us twenty eight years of trouble free service and still runs fine with a couple of creeks and groans occasionally ( like me LOL ) and will be put in our garage to do dog beds and car covers which this machine handles with ease. Whilst the purchase price is not the cheapest on the market, its definately value for money long term and does a awesome job for years and years. Strongly recommend this washer to family and friends.

Purchased in July 2019.

Dryer TypeKleenmaid KED301

Top quality product

Washed through a 210 degree agitator stroke action The most gentle top loader I have dealt with Very reliable gearbox and a powerful 1/3 hp motor makes this the main top loader of choice for the discerning user I have sold many of these to customers and NEVER had a complaint

Noise Level

The best quality washer I have ever had

This machine washes all types of clothes perfectly. I wash everything from delicates to oiled and soiled work clothes. The wash cycles fit the type of wash I do without causing pilling which is a bonus. Its nice to know that which ever cycle I choose the clothes come out clean and are washed with care. Easy to use with no fuss instructions just set and forget.

Purchased at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $1,800.00.

Noise Level

Good reliable machine - great customer service

Purchased a Speed Queen AWNA62 - received the new model with black controls section - good reliable machine. Washes well and is gentle with delicate items. Washes large items well. Control Panel easy to use.
Experienced problem with switch for Regular or High Efficiency mode - Speed Queen went out of their way to fix this for me.

Purchased in May 2019 at e&s for $2,695.00.

Very Happy

My last Speed Queen washer lasted for 33 years. Finally it developed a leak and was showing a few rust spots so I decided to look for another one. Over the time that I had it I only had to do a few minor repairs. A hose, fan belt and a solenoid. Most of this in the later years. It was very easy to maintain and parts were easy to get.

I was surprised to note that not much has changed. The new one looks similar, is exactly the same size and has simple controls. They are more expensive and bit noisier than some others but if this one lasts as well as the first one then I will have no complaints.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $2,169.00.

Didn't meet my expectations

To start with was a great machine and washes cloths well. Reason for the expensive purchase was the 20yo parents in law lasting 20+ years, so I thought I'm sold. First year no dramas then the hot water solenoid stopped working after this fine for another twelve months then the cycle selector played up and wouldn't go through cycles have been through another since then. Now on my second leaking water pump and is again not draining and finishing cycle (also smelt something electrical burning) unsure what to do it's about 7yo so out of warrenty. thinking of tossing it out and going with a cheaper brand.

Purchased in April 2012 for $1,200.00.

Noise Level
Hi Mitch, WE are very sorry that your SQ has not lived up to our normal high standard, please call us at 1300washer ( 1300927437) and we can see what can be done. A 7 year old washer providing it has not been abused should need very little to bring it back to fully operational order.

The best brand washer on the market

This is our second Speed Queen washer. The first one lasted 23 years!!

We discovered when ordering this new Speed Queen that there are many washers on the market, with fancy looking control panels and lots of shiny chrome that catches the eye of shoppers. Speed Queen machines, both washer and dryer (yes we have both) are not built to look good, although they don't look bad either. They are built to a quality and durability standard that's been proven for many decades in hospitals, hotels, motels and so on. This means the washer we get for home use brings with it a long list of credentials for toughness that can't been seen on the outside. I should add that our machine washes our clothes perfectly - every time.

After suffering many problems with other branded washers and dryers, we bought our first Speed Queen washer and dryer in 1994. Since then the performance of these machines is so good, we won't buy any other brand. And by the way, we got a call from Speed Queen today 16/1/2019, just to make sure we were happy and that our new machines were performing to our satisfaction.

While many people recommend different products, I will say this. If you don't buy Speed Queen, you will never know what you have missed out on. They are the best!!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Speed Queen AWNA62

I have just bought this Speed Queen Washer recently and to my knowledge it does a good job of washing my clothes. I think the wash cycle on a regular load is a bit short with only 7 minutes, but as I haven't had any really dirty clothes to wash, it seems fine for the clothes I've done. The best thing about the machine is its large tub. I should be able to wash my polar fleece blankets in it without difficulty, which I wasn't able to do with my previous machine. In my opinion the worse thing about the machine is not knowing how far you are through the wash cycle. My old machines dial used to move around through the wash, rinse and spin cycle, so you knew how far it was in the cycle. The Speed Queen doesn't do that.
I will be able to tell in the future whether the clothes are as white as I would like and if the stains are removed properly over time. I haven't had it long enough to say about that yet.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

... What a sigh of relief ...

... Yes we did Rob a Bank, our Bank A/c - to buy this Wonderful Machine, however do you know what? not one day has passed now since our purchase back in March 2018 have we regretted our rather extravagant purchase. Oil, Grease, Mud - we used to have mud just Dust now, Cow Poop, Horse Poop, Cattle Drench, Blood ... well the list goes on; nothing is too much trouble for the Speed Queen AWNA62.
Quiet, thorough and even Delicate with some washes where needed - yes we do have a water shortage where we live "off the grid" as it is a water gusler and having to deal with a Drought now for the past three years we recycle every drop into the garden; as for the mechanics of the Speed Queen AWNA62 it is built to do the distance. Extremely pleased - and as an added bonus even 'He' can use it with the simplicity of its controls and ease of operation now that is a sigh of relief!!!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Brilliant Machine

So simple to use absolutely no trouble, quiet and easily set and go with quick cycles. The clothes come out extra clean, bright and spun to a damp finish, just superb. Well worth the money and I would highly recommend this machine to anyone wanting dependability, durability and ease of use.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Words cannot give sufficient justice!

I used to be an unemployed movie theater usher but that all changed when I bought the Speed Queen AWNA62. Now I’m an unemployed movie theater usher with a Speed Queen! Before purchasing this beautiful piece of engineering i just floated through life like I was never whole, part of, uncomfortable in my own skin but since taking ownership of the Speed Queen AWNA62 I have a life beyond my wildest dreams!!! Thank you Speed Queen!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Great functionality and ultra durable!

-Very easy to use with all types of clothing and materials such as polyesters and cotton.
-The controls and features are also very simple and has very quick cycles. Even great when using at different speeds.
-It handles delicate clothing with ease and is very quiet compared to previous machines I’ve used

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Good price washing machine that works well

Have been very pleased owning the speed queen top loader after having in the past three years front loaders this top loader is easy to put cloths in and out without having to get down on your hands or knees to pull out cloths. It also has been the best top loader I've used as its cleaned dirty cloths very well.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Just what we wanted

We only buy quality product, so when our old washer died after many years of use and abuse, we went for the speed queen.
We were a little disappointed when it was delivered, it had a scratch on the front panel.
Not a huge scratch, just a scratch which you don't want on a new machine.
Because of the way this machine is built, the front panel could be easily removed and on speaking to the agent, we arranged a replacement panel to be delivered later that week rather than sending the machine back.
Had the panel delivered and installed the next day. How is that for service?
The machine sees washing 3-4 times a week, work clothes, sheets, blankets, all manner of washing.
Never an issue. And its sooo easy to use.
No complicated buttons, switches and thingamabobs to fiddle with, just simple easy controls that wash.
This is a quality machine, quiet, solid and effective in cleaning clothing.
would recommend speed queen to anyone.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Excellent machine

Great simple operating machine,Washes excellent,Need to be careful with delicates as the machine is heavy duty so choose the gentle cycle at all times.We had a Maytag for 16 years prior without drama.We chose the speed queen for the simple controls and reliability you get when purchasing a HD machine.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

absolutely wonderful

Its fast, quiet and does a great job!
The delivery man was excellent, my home is on a very steep block and it would have been a challenge for him to install.

My favourite features are its easy operations .. very simple and intuitive, cant speak more highly of it

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Perfect!

This is my second washing machine in 20 years! So I did my research and the speed queen has lived up to the great reviews!
Quiet, lint free, no washing powder marks and it’s faster than my old machine.
A little on the expensive side but you get what you pay for and it’s well worth it!

Date PurchasedJun 2018

FANTASTIC Washing machine

The Speed "Mc" Queen as I call it is fantastic. I can put my husband's filthy work clothes in the machine, they sometimes can be wet and muddy and heavy, the machine never gets unbalanced, it's so quiet and the clothes come out perfectly clean. I can wash our king size bedding and the dogs sherpa beds with no troubles and just a load of normal clothes is a breeze. Yes this machine is pricey but worth every penny. I didn't get the electric controls as I think it's just one more thing than can go wrong with a machine. Manual controls brilliant and so simple to use. Downfall, the hose just sits in the trough not connected direct to plumbing outlet. I can over look this for what you get.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great price & great washing

We had to replace our old LG over 10 years old and couldn't afford a top level brand washing machine so we picked this option up from eBay as it was really cheap. It cleans stains well and has loads of different modes. We had to extend our water pipe as it was short

Date PurchasedFeb 2017