How to buy the best washing machine

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Alan

AlanSouth East Queensland, QLD

The best washing machine.... ever!

Just love my Queen of the laundry! I looked other top loaders when my old top loader started really leaking.I felt that if I did buy another well known brand, I would be back again in 5 years to replace it! I saw the Speed Queen and thought that this is what I really need, strongly built with no fuss controls. Completely satisfied with my purchase, price was a non issue.

Purchased in November 2020 at Joyce Mayne Physical store for $2,695.00.

Bibi

BibiSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

I absolutely love my Speed Queen !

I absolutely love my Speed Queen ! I did heaps of research and have known for ages this is the machine I want. It doesn’t disappoint ! I love how quiet it is and it’s so easy to use. Built well and I know this will last me for years to come. I highly recommend your products.

Purchased in March 2021 for $2,600.00.

Completely Satisfied

We are very happy with our purchase. The machine washes and spins well, is stable and wash time is quick. Speed Queen's service, inclusive of the technician sent, is excellent.

Carla

CarlaSydney, NSW

Love this machine!

I have found the Speed Queen to be so well built, and you just know it's a quality machine.......built to last. I can now put a load of sheets or towels in on a normal cycle and not have the machine go 'off balance' and stopping half way through the cycle, enduring that constant beeping of electronic machines!
I was thrilled to find a machine with 'old style' dials, as I did not want to have to purchase another electronic machine. I would highly recommend Speed Queen to anyone looking to purchase a new washing machine.

Amanda Jacobson

Amanda JacobsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Simply the best

I love my new machine. Had my previous one for 25 years and whilst I probably could have had it repaired, i felt it was the right time to purchase another and hopefully this one will also last 25 years.

Purchased in December 2020 at Online-Winnings for $2,499.00.

Gordon

GordonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Reliable solid machine

Our first Speed Queen washing machine served us well for 20 years and was still functioning well when we decided to upgrade. These machines are well engineered and have an excellent washing action. It is simple to use - we chose the dial control again rather than the electronic and find each setting functions well. The machine handles all types of clothing well and the cycle times are excellent.

Purchased in January 2021 at Joyce Mayne for $2,695.00.

Very robust

These washing machines are excellent quality and last a long time,they are a little more expensive but you certainly get what you pay for,I would not hesitate to purchase another one

Purchased in December 2020 for $2,699.00.

Donna

DonnaPerth, WA

I love my Speed Queen

I had seen Speed Queen before however; I opted for a cheaper model that lasted just 5 years.
When I started my search for a new machine … I compared a number of top loaders and shortlisted down to two. Then I read the reviews for Speed Queen and made the jump ‘feet first’ and it was the best decision. Great customer service from the moment I made my purchase and my install guy was amazing.
I’m happy to say I have joined the converted, money well spent.

Purchased in January 2021.

This is my second Speed Queen. I had another brand between the two and don’t now why I bothered!

I love that it is simple to use. No fancy electronic boards . The cycle is fast and the results are great. The Speed Queen supplier was fantastic to deal with as was the person that delivered and installed the machine.

Purchased in December 2020.

neville

nevilleIllawarra, NSW

A very well built toploader

We bought the AWNA62 because we wash lots of heavy work clothes. It does heavy loads easily. The machine is quiet, we cant hear it spin. That means the bearings are rugged and the machine is well balanced. The cycle times are long compared to other brands. That is good, it washes more thoroughly.

KerriMareeba

Sturdy machine

Does a good wash a lot quicker than my previous Machine. Very simple to operate. I was influenced to buy this product by the great reviews. If you have any queries the 13000000 number is very knowledgeable and obliging (not a machine).

Purchased in January 2021 at Harvey Norman for $2,695.00.

Kerri

Thank you for getting back to me so promptly. Great to get good old fashioned service. And to have my questions answered. V happy.

Bob

Bob

Good but could be better

I love this machine we wash sheets every day about 4 loads a day.
I wish it could take more then 8.5kgs we are definitely doing more loads then our 10kgs washing machine and I wish it had a lint catcher cause when we wash the towels the lint is still all over the place.
But as for the sheets being cleaned I’ve never seen them so clean on my life, I really like this machine just wish they had a bigger one.
Cheers Rob

Purchased in January 2021 at Harvey Norman for $2,695.00.

Bluebottle

BluebottleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Solid build, quality finish, washes really well and simple to operate.

Control dials are manual, yet they are so easy to operate. This machine is a smooth and fast operator, no waiting around like a front loader. The drum is stainless steel and the finish is quality.

Craige C.Speed Queen

Hi Bluebottle, We are glad that you love the washer.

Gemma M

Gemma MSydney Surrounds, NSW

Don't bother with any other brand!

Having recently replaced our original Speed Queen washing machine we're here to tell you that this is the only machine you will ever need if you want reliability, quality, a top notch installation and follow up service.
Speed Queen is easy to use, washing times are quick and quiet and the results are very pleasing. There is plenty of room for larger items and delicates and smaller loads are handled efficiently.
Very happy to recommend the Speed Queen - it's our pride and joy!

Purchased in September 2020 for $2,600.00.

TES

TESSouth East Queensland, QLD

Top Quality

Absolutely love this machine. Simple to use, solid machine and parts. Basic turn dials with sensible wash options rather than a panel of useless buttons. A quality product worth the price. Wish I'd bought one two years ago when my wonderful Maytag finally gave up, rather than struggling and wasting money and time and water on a totally inferior Hitachi. Staff who installed were also great. 100% recommend this machine!

Margaret

MargaretSydney, NSW

Easy to use washing machine

I am very happy with my Speed Queen washing machine. The various options for washing make it suitable for all types of clothing, linen and curtains. It is easy to use. The washing times are clearly displayed when selecting the appropriate cycle for washing.

Purchased in October 2020.

Angela S.

Angela S.

OMG!!!

This machine is made solid simple and turn dials so less could go wrong
Wash cycles are thorough and don’t take forever of wasteful spins
My son works on cars and clothes come out so clean As for delicates no more to the dry cleaners I do them myself
Can even throw in last minute clothes during cycle unlike some machines that lock
If I new about this Washing machine I wouldn’t have wasted $$$$ on plastic crap that last only a few years
I absolutely recommend it to big and small families
Worth every dollar!!!!

Purchased in September 2020 at Winning Appliances NSW, Crows Nest.

Callum

CallumSouth East Queensland, QLD

Highly recommend

Was going to buy cheaper brand until I read product reviews. Expensive but you get what you pay for - these machines are simple to use, give a great quick and quiet wash - they feel like a machine from the 70s, thick gauge steel, metal gearing, etc.

Purchased in December 2020 for $2,695.00.

Charles

CharlesMelbourne

SPEED QUEEN , ' Laundry Royalty '

Purchased in October 2020 at e&s for $2,695.00.

Great machine speed queen

Very quiet,good features. Normal family wash This is our second speed queen our first one lasted 22 years very happy with Harvey Norman too. Informative salesman delivery guys went out of their way to install it properly

Julie H.

Julie H.asked

AWNA62

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference in their energy bills due to only having a one star rating?
I would appreciate any help given.

John

John asked

Can I buy at Harvey Norman

Hi John,
Yes you can buy Speed Queen from Harvey Norman.

Karen A.asked

AWNA62

Hi I have an Airbnb and wash a lot of sheets and quilt covers. I want them to come out clean no lint and not tangled. Also I wash quilts pillows and blankets periodically. Is this the machine for me. The $$ versus front loaders and all relevant info is doing my head in. I have not found any blogs or recommendations re serious sheet washing. I wanted this 5 years ago but went with a 10 kg top loader with no agitator result 5 years of tangled sheets and then it died. Any help would be appreciated

Holly K.
Holly K.

That's a great question, wish someone had answered as I'm also looking for no lint and no tangles. Also worried about size - is 8.5kgs enough for sheets etc?

Karen A.

Holly I went ahead and bought my speed queen. I do 1 Queen set 1 single set plus pillow cases and a cover. I absolutely love it super clean no lint no tangles. I use the warm setting large water and perm press and not much detergent. All my balnkets have to be washed every time and I use the delicate setting for them. I can do a Queen and a single. I did seven loads today. I’m 60 and I didn’t have to bend down. When you soak you just open the lid after 2/4 mins agitation and then put the lid down after your soak time and the cycle continues. I wish I bought this years ago. The noise of the water running in is louder than you would think. It sounds like a commercial washer. And washes like one. I had to look up where you put the washing detergent. LOL you put it in the tub before you put your clothes in. Old school

Cycle is quick 40 odd mins

Get an answer from our members and Speed Queen representatives

Speed Queen AWNA62

Compare both Speed Queen AWNA62
Speed Queen AWNA62 Black (2nd Gen)
  • Award Winner 2021

Speed Queen AWNA62 Black (2nd Gen)

Speed Queen AWNA62 (1st Gen)
  • Discontinued
  • Award Winner 2021
  • 2020
  • 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017

Speed Queen AWNA62 (1st Gen)

CategoryTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing Machines
Price (RRP) $2,695.00$2,695.00
Capacity8.5 kg7.5 kg
Household Size 3-4 people2-3 people
FeaturesAuto BalancingAuto Balancing
Energy Rating1 star(s)1 star(s)
Water Rating3 star(s)3 star(s)
Drum MaterialStainless SteelStainless Steel
Weight89 kg83 kg
Country of ManufactureUnited StatesUnited States
MechanismAgitatorAgitator
Open Lid Height 1,308 mm1,290 mm
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateMay 2019
Discontinuation dateDec 2019
Replaced bySpeed Queen AWNA62 Black (2nd Gen)
ManualDownload manual