Speed Queen AWNA62

The best brand washer on the market

This is our second Speed Queen washer. The first one lasted 23 years!!

We discovered when ordering this new Speed Queen that there are many washers on the market, with fancy looking control panels and lots of shiny chrome that catches the eye of shoppers. Speed Queen machines, both washer and dryer (yes we have both) are not built to look good, although they don't look bad either. They are built to a quality and durability standard that's been proven for many decades in hospitals, hotels, motels and so on. This means the washer we get for home use brings with it a long list of credentials for toughness that can't been seen on the outside. I should add that our machine washes our clothes perfectly - every time.

After suffering many problems with other branded washers and dryers, we bought our first Speed Queen washer and dryer in 1994. Since then the performance of these machines is so good, we won't buy any other brand. And by the way, we got a call from Speed Queen today 16/1/2019, just to make sure we were happy and that our new machines were performing to our satisfaction.

While many people recommend different products, I will say this. If you don't buy Speed Queen, you will never know what you have missed out on. They are the best!!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Speed Queen AWNA62

I have just bought this Speed Queen Washer recently and to my knowledge it does a good job of washing my clothes. I think the wash cycle on a regular load is a bit short with only 7 minutes, but as I haven't had any really dirty clothes to wash, it seems fine for the clothes I've done. The best thing about the machine is its large tub. I should be able to wash my polar fleece blankets in it without difficulty, which I wasn't able to do with my previous machine. In my opinion the worse thing about the machine is not knowing how far you are through the wash cycle. My old machines dial used to move around through the wash, rinse and spin cycle, so you knew how far it was in the cycle. The Speed Queen doesn't do that.
I will be able to tell in the future whether the clothes are as white as I would like and if the stains are removed properly over time. I haven't had it long enough to say about that yet.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

... What a sigh of relief ...

... Yes we did Rob a Bank, our Bank A/c - to buy this Wonderful Machine, however do you know what? not one day has passed now since our purchase back in March 2018 have we regretted our rather extravagant purchase. Oil, Grease, Mud - we used to have mud just Dust now, Cow Poop, Horse Poop, Cattle Drench, Blood ... well the list goes on; nothing is too much trouble for the Speed Queen AWNA62.
Quiet, thorough and even Delicate with some washes where needed - yes we do have a water shortage where we live "off the grid" as it is a water gusler and having to deal with a Drought now for the past three years we recycle every drop into the garden; as for the mechanics of the Speed Queen AWNA62 it is built to do the distance. Extremely pleased - and as an added bonus even 'He' can use it with the simplicity of its controls and ease of operation now that is a sigh of relief!!!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Brilliant Machine

So simple to use absolutely no trouble, quiet and easily set and go with quick cycles. The clothes come out extra clean, bright and spun to a damp finish, just superb. Well worth the money and I would highly recommend this machine to anyone wanting dependability, durability and ease of use.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Words cannot give sufficient justice!

I used to be an unemployed movie theater usher but that all changed when I bought the Speed Queen AWNA62. Now I’m an unemployed movie theater usher with a Speed Queen! Before purchasing this beautiful piece of engineering i just floated through life like I was never whole, part of, uncomfortable in my own skin but since taking ownership of the Speed Queen AWNA62 I have a life beyond my wildest dreams!!! Thank you Speed Queen!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Great functionality and ultra durable!

-Very easy to use with all types of clothing and materials such as polyesters and cotton.
-The controls and features are also very simple and has very quick cycles. Even great when using at different speeds.
-It handles delicate clothing with ease and is very quiet compared to previous machines I’ve used

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Good price washing machine that works well

Have been very pleased owning the speed queen top loader after having in the past three years front loaders this top loader is easy to put cloths in and out without having to get down on your hands or knees to pull out cloths. It also has been the best top loader I've used as its cleaned dirty cloths very well.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Just what we wanted

We only buy quality product, so when our old washer died after many years of use and abuse, we went for the speed queen.
We were a little disappointed when it was delivered, it had a scratch on the front panel.
Not a huge scratch, just a scratch which you don't want on a new machine.
Because of the way this machine is built, the front panel could be easily removed and on speaking to the agent, we arranged a replacement panel to be delivered later that week rather than sending the machine back.
Had the panel delivered and installed the next day. How is that for service?
The machine sees washing 3-4 times a week, work clothes, sheets, blankets, all manner of washing.
Never an issue. And its sooo easy to use.
No complicated buttons, switches and thingamabobs to fiddle with, just simple easy controls that wash.
This is a quality machine, quiet, solid and effective in cleaning clothing.
would recommend speed queen to anyone.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Excellent machine

Great simple operating machine,Washes excellent,Need to be careful with delicates as the machine is heavy duty so choose the gentle cycle at all times.We had a Maytag for 16 years prior without drama.We chose the speed queen for the simple controls and reliability you get when purchasing a HD machine.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

absolutely wonderful

Its fast, quiet and does a great job!
The delivery man was excellent, my home is on a very steep block and it would have been a challenge for him to install.

My favourite features are its easy operations .. very simple and intuitive, cant speak more highly of it

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Perfect!

This is my second washing machine in 20 years! So I did my research and the speed queen has lived up to the great reviews!
Quiet, lint free, no washing powder marks and it’s faster than my old machine.
A little on the expensive side but you get what you pay for and it’s well worth it!

Date PurchasedJun 2018

FANTASTIC Washing machine

The Speed "Mc" Queen as I call it is fantastic. I can put my husband's filthy work clothes in the machine, they sometimes can be wet and muddy and heavy, the machine never gets unbalanced, it's so quiet and the clothes come out perfectly clean. I can wash our king size bedding and the dogs sherpa beds with no troubles and just a load of normal clothes is a breeze. Yes this machine is pricey but worth every penny. I didn't get the electric controls as I think it's just one more thing than can go wrong with a machine. Manual controls brilliant and so simple to use. Downfall, the hose just sits in the trough not connected direct to plumbing outlet. I can over look this for what you get.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great price & great washing

We had to replace our old LG over 10 years old and couldn't afford a top level brand washing machine so we picked this option up from eBay as it was really cheap. It cleans stains well and has loads of different modes. We had to extend our water pipe as it was short

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Great washing machine

After having a Maytag washing machine for 15 yrs which now are no longer available I purchased a Speed Queen top loader as a replacement.
I have been using this machine for 21/2 years and now feel its time to give an opinion on its performance and reliability.
So far this machine has performed perfectly for me and has not miss a beat, if your looking at a top loader without the fancy bells and whistles that does the job of just washing all types of clothes and a machine that will last the distance it would be hard to go past this one.
A lot of caravan parks and laundromats use this brand of washing machine so I guess they must think that these machines represent value for money.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Excellent service

On my second Speed Queen washing machine now. Great machines! Lots of options on cycles and load sizes. Great for large heavy loads too.
Exceptional after sales service. Had my 8 year old machine up and running and looking like new in no time. Would most definitely recommend both the washing machine and matching dryer.

Date PurchasedAug 2010

Fantastic.

After having my old Kleenmaid for 25 years I was hesitant at purchasing a new machine. I’d heard horror stories about front loader machines so decided to stick with what had worked for quarter of a century. This machine is absolutely fantastic and I’m really happy I didn’t fall for a fancy looking electronic number. My only complaint, and I use the term reluctantly, is the cheap looking and feeling on/off switch. Change that and it would be beyond improvement.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Very Happy with New Speed Queen washing machine

Purchased our Speed Queen recently after having a front loader for many years. The clothes come out very clean and well rinsed . Unlike my front loader which often left my clothes soapy. It does use a bit more water than my old front loader, although i can fit a lot more washing in my Speed Queen and do less loads. Its very quick and easy to use as i dont have to crawl around on the floor to put washing in the machine any more.. Its not loud, the same level of noise as my front loader just a different sound. I love the convience of having clean washing done so quiclkly. i no longer have to wait half a day for the washing to be done. I would highly recommend this machine.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Lou lou, Thanks for review & we are pleased you new SQ washer is filling your expectations. Laundry love, who would thought it.

Very happy with our Speed Queen

After 29 years of constant use our first Speed Queen stopped working. Only one call out for a minor problem after 20 years. We just purchased another Speed Queen and Sydney (the installer) went above and beyond what we expected. After a couple of washes today, we are already very happy with our new purchase. Great service and great machine.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Thanks for the great endorsement Chooky, we are pleased you love your new Speed Queen washer.

A surprisingly robust washing machine - mine is 20 years old

I purchased my Speed Queen back in August 1997 and it is still going. When I bought the machine we had little ones and it worked overtime. The large drum meant we could also deal with those night time accidents and wash all the bedding without concern.

The only repair I have had to make to the machine has been the timer switch. The machine is fairly noisy when operating compared with many newer and smaller models, but the longevity of the machine has really surprised me.

If you want a long lasting washing machine, then a Speed Queen is a good option in my opinion.

Date PurchasedAug 1998

Hate it.

Even as my beloved Maytag was dying it was a far superior machine and washed 100% better. Purchased my Speed Queen a year ago. They replaced the first machine because of the racket it was making. Second machine needed to have start button replaced and belt adjusted. Still hums/buzzes and whines. Very rough on the clothes which is an enigma because it doesn't clean the clothes to my standard. The top needs to be down to fill so I have to stand by and keep lifting the lid (it takes around 6 to 7 minutes to fill to the top) then the clothes go in. If you lift the lid for more than 60 seconds the machine starts draining water. I never fail to scrape my fingers removing the laundry because the opening is too small and the plastic around the edge of the bowl is rough. I also purchased the matching dryer and while I initially though it was OK, its a nightmare as well. The laundry crumples into a round ball and half the load comes out still damp after prying everything apart. A huge waste of money and an utter nightmare.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Hi Jet, We are very sorry the machine is not performing to you satisfaction, as these machines are very similar to your beloved Maytag I can only suggest either there is an operational issue or your machine has a fault. Either way we will l endeavour to fix your problem. Please call 1300washer 1300927437

Considering a new AWNA62 top load machine. The literature claims the machine uses 117 litres of water per load. But I understand this usage is only in the High Efficiency HE cycle which does not include a deep rinse. Does anyone know what the rated water usage is on the standard cycle?
Rod, I just checked our copy of the User's Guide and there is no information regarding litres used per wash cycle. You could call F L Costello & Co, on (02) 9748 2155. They may know. That said, a given volume of water is needed to wash a given mass of fabric. Many front loaders use very little water which (In my opinion) will impact negatively how clean the cloths will be. Anyone can test this by setting their wash load to a low level then load up the machine with clothes. I expect the results won't be satisfactory and can damage clothing as well as place excessive load on the machine. Speed Queen have examined this question and it's a critical part of why their machines are so good. They know that a given volume of water is needed to wash clothes properly and that's one of the many reasons we buy Speed Queen. They wash our clothes perfectly clean, no lint, no tangles and at the end of the wash, clothing is almost dry. I hope this helps!!I have no idea the amount of water per cycle. I use mine on the small load setting most of the time and my washing comes out clean. The tub is fairly big, which when washing sheets and blankets it is needed for proper agitation. I only use the large load setting for those items. I agree with another reviewer that a certain volume of water is needed to get clothes clean. Too little water would impact this. 117Lt seems a lot and I would be very surprised if it used that much in a small load setting. The best way to find out is to contact Speed Queen themselves and ask them.Hi Rod, The current series AWNA62 uses 117litres of water for a large wash on the "High Efficiency" setting and 177 litres on the "Regular" setting. If you select a smaller load size it will use less water on either setting. The amount it will use will be dependent on the absorbency of the clothes. On a smaller mixed load it may only use 88 litres.

Hello, could you tell me if the Speed Queen AWNE92 (AWNE92SN303AW01) is based on the new redesigned 2018 models in the US? eg AWNE9RSN115TW01 TR3000WN, TR5000WN, TR7000WN, or are they based on the old design? thanks, Dallas
Dallas, I don't know and suggest you contact Speed Queen here in Australia. What I can tell you is our new machine is excellent and if it lasts 24 years, the same as our old one, we will be very happy indeed.I don't know either and suggest you contact Speed QueenWill do.. thanks

Hi I have all three light flashing on my Kleenmaid washing machine can anybody help me with what would be making them flash? Thanks Bruce
Hi Bruce, I suspect you have your Speed Queen on the high efficiency cycle and the wash rinse spin indicator lights will all flash simultaneously when it is in wash pause mode. When in the HE cycle the wash part of the cycle has 3 wash parts hyphenated by 3 soak pauses before going into the rinse part of the wash cycle. Contact you nearest SQ state service department on 1300washer and they can answer any other questions you may have.I didnt know that Kleenmaid and Speed Queen had anything in common. Are they both manufactured by the same people? I had a Kleenmaid machine about 10-12 years ago and hated it. Would never have another one. If they are both manufactured by the same people I hope my Speed Queen performs better over the long term than the Kleenmaid did or I'm not likely to remain happy with it for very long.Not all Kleenmaid models were made by Speed Queen. Kleenmaid contracted many different manufactures over the years to make their appliances.

AWNA62