• Recording Quality
  • Software
  • Reliability

Rubbish.

I'm pretty sure that i should not have to continuously unplug my device from the wall and wait until it can be reconnected . Contacting help is a waste of time . I did not want IQ 3 but had to have it as IQ 2 was phased out. Pathetic!

elleblitz

elleblitzAU

Terrible user experience

Had to change over boxes as the first one froze constantly. The 2nd box is better but still has issues. Content is also lacking. Nor sure why I stay with Foxtel. I must have too much money!

Purchased in April 2020.

TLM

TLMSouth East Queensland, QLD

Foxtel poor quality & poor customer service

Foxtel iq3. Freezes constantly. Remote only works half the time. Now the box has deleted my entire recorded library including all unwatched and "kept" shows. Unfortunately we are in a bad internet area on the outskirts of Brisbane so streaming is frustrating which is why I have kept Foxtel and our dish. Just as many adverts as free to air TV so not good value.

Purchased in December 2015.

Find out how Foxtel iQ3 compares to other Set Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRs

Is there a 0 star option?

Is there a 0 star option, took forever to finally get connected,Getting the screen freeze and flickering ,Can't seem to pause or record ,I want the iq2 back! So many bad stories on this product grrr

Purchased in February 2021 for $99.00.

chris b

chris bSydney, NSW

Bad.....just bad........

Not satisfied, not reliable, a beyond frustrating experience just to find something on this confusing and annoying interface. Constant drop puts, i want my IQ2 back ASAP or i will probably cancel my subscription rather than pay for this dud.

Purchased in November 2020.

MarshallCentral Queensland, QLD

Maybe I got a good one.

Recently ditched the dish, so I don't have one of these anymore.

I've heard a hundred horror stories about these, but I had mine for a couple of years and it was reliable in its viewing and recording. That said, On-Demand functionality was weak, and we went through a couple of remotes before I programmed it into my Harmony 650 and never looked back.

I don't know, maybe I got a good one. Sounds like Foxtel should unpack my unit and put it in a museum when the carton arrives at their returns dept.

Purchased in January 2018.

John

JohnSydney Surrounds, NSW

IQ3 is absolute rubbish - takes over an hour to get sense from Foxtel

Purchased in April 2020.

Rob

RobSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Absolute rubbish

Foxtel have gone downhill so fast, have been with them for 18 years when it was Austar, good then but decline to rubbish content repeat after repeat year in year out, and the adds takes hours to watch a 1 hour show, sub titles are useless when they work and not on all channels, no new listings or very few, they keep taking channels from you, without notice, BBC FIRST is an example, then if you want it you have to pay more money for upgraded package, service is non existent, a joke, we are cancelling ours and going to streaming Netflix, saving $85 a month.

Purchased in October 2003 for $25,000.00.

RichardSydney

Big step backwards

Purchased in February 2020 at Foxtel for $169.00.

Nothappyjan

NothappyjanSydney Surrounds, NSW

Colours all wrong!

I was “given” an IQ3, after my IQ2 stopped working. The IQ2 not working was better than this thing. I have to reboot the IQ3 everyday, as the picture colours go super bold. People on the screen look like they should be on Geordie Shore. Waiting 5-10 mins every time you went to watch a show is obviously a special feature from FOXTEL.. surprised I don’t get charged extra.

Reliability
Adam G.

Adam G.

On The Whole Pretty Happy

The wait time’s for service could definitely improve, constantly 15-30min which is not good enough but far from the worst. Some of the changes in the recent upgrade make things more difficult like series linking. Voice recognition on call centres drives me nuts!!!
Other than that the iQ3 is the best, most resilient, great features and memory, Foxtel box in my 25 years of Austar and Foxtel patronage, it has been a rocky road though LOL.

Purchased in January 2017.

Bob

BobMid North Coast, NSW

IQ3 is Not Fit for Service

Again today I have had to speak to Foxtel “Support” (ha ha ha !) about, no sound on start up, image freeze, poor recording through my IQ3 box. As usual I am advised to reboot and check. Not good enough Foxtel.

Kaponline

KaponlineSouth East Queensland, QLD

Never works properly and Foxtel don’t care.

This IQ3 is a joke. Remote control stops working. After over a year of arguments Foxtel replaced remote and box. No improvement. I hate Foxtel but stay with them because my wife wants the sports channels. Otherwise I would cancel very happily.

Ben

Ben

Iq3 Joke

Honestly- I have been with Foxtel for Years and like a sucker I keep paying - only because I like a Very small group of programs - iq 3 dont get me started what a joke - for a company that charges so much you should be ashamed of your service FOXTEL you are a Joke.

Andy

AndySouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolute rubbish

IQ3 is the worst. Doesnt record properly, the box freezes, the box doesnt keep up with the remote, what a rip off. My old box was 100 times more reliable

Purchased in April 2019.

Disappointed subscriber

Disappointed subscriberNorthern Region, NSW

What a lemon! No good.

Have to reboot all the time. Does not record reliably. My 55 inch tv That is only 2 1/2 years old is not working now. I wonder if this is related to the shoddy iQ3 box which I had to connect two weeks ago. ?? Much happier with old box which is now obsolete. At least I could purchase movies and record whole shows. Why???????

Purchased in October 2019.

Grubby 20046

Grubby 20046Sydney, NSW

Foxtel iq 3

I have had this service for almost a year now and it would have to be the worse service ever. Paying 99 dollars per month just to keep losing signal

Reliability
Beth

BethNortheast, VIC

No good for me

Had to upgrade to this box when our old box all of a sudden stopped working, we got this box for free - as we should’ve. But has only been a headache since. Living in the country we don’t get much internet and everything on the new iq3 needs internet. E.g box office - use to just buy a movie and could then watch it. Now you have to still buy that movie - download it and then need internet to run it. I wish we could of just stuck to the old format!

Purchased in September 2019.

Andi0260

Andi0260AU

Foxtel iQ3

Always something going wrong. Never records correctly. Always some issue.
I constantly have to reboot this machine. The recorded section of the machine always malfunctions. It causes nothing but issues and problems

DAN S

DAN SCentral West, NSW

Constant errors and has to be reset all the time

Good for downloading, but hopeless at recording. Always having to reset the unit. Very disappointing to find all your favorite shows have failed to record after being away for a week. Have contacted Foxtel, not interested. Just advise you to reset it, but problem returns straight away. Great deals for new customers, but don't care about long term loyal customers.

Purchased in March 2018.