Foxtel iQ3

See the Best Set Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Beth

BethNortheast, VIC

No good for me

Had to upgrade to this box when our old box all of a sudden stopped working, we got this box for free - as we should’ve. But has only been a headache since. Living in the country we don’t get much internet and everything on the new iq3 needs internet. E.g box office - use to just buy a movie and could then watch it. Now you have to still buy that movie - download it and then need internet to run it. I wish we could of just stuck to the old format!

Purchased in September 2019.

Andi0260

Andi0260AU

Foxtel iQ3

Always something going wrong. Never records correctly. Always some issue.
I constantly have to reboot this machine. The recorded section of the machine always malfunctions. It causes nothing but issues and problems

DAN S

DAN SCentral West, NSW

Constant errors and has to be reset all the time

Good for downloading, but hopeless at recording. Always having to reset the unit. Very disappointing to find all your favorite shows have failed to record after being away for a week. Have contacted Foxtel, not interested. Just advise you to reset it, but problem returns straight away. Great deals for new customers, but don't care about long term loyal customers.

Purchased in March 2018.

Reliability

We have two units at our home and both are really glitchy

We have had two IQ3 units installed at our home several years now and they both perform really badly on multiple fronts. The major issue is the EXTREMELY slow responsiveness on every level, from navigation to signal response. Even after repairing the signal from remote to box is really inconsistent. Its impossible to believe Foxtel released these units to the public...

Adel16

Adel16Adelaide

Just Plain Bad - From User Interface to WiFi Interface

Just about all the problems with this excuse for a TV Product has already been said - it is wholly useless and has easily the most crude and hard to use interface and worse still mine refuses to connect to WiFi at all so many of the features that I am being charged for can't be used. If it wasn't for the sport I would have ditched this piece of something long ago.

It is fascinating to learn that foxtel is now going to stream "NEXTFLIX" with a single button - ho ho - anyone that knows foxtel knows that this it not true. You might be able to bring up Netflix with a single button but just try logging onto any 3rd party application using their clunky interface - good luck

Purchased in July 2015 for $125.00.

Edgar W.

Edgar W.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

The most awfully designed user interface I've seen!

Purchased in December 2018.

ReviewGuru

ReviewGuruHobart, TAS

Absolutely shocking.

I loved IQ2, we had it for over 2 years and never had a problem...till we got IQ3. This product is unacceptable and poor quality. It has to be reset at least weekly, it constantly keep disconnecting from internet (all the other devices are connected and working) or Foxtel and fails to record or download. It is absolutely frustrating. I really hope IQ4 will be better.

Purchased in July 2017 for $2,500.00.

Jason

JasonPerth, WA

Built cheap and made to break

Purchased in May 2019.

JohnSydney Surrounds, NSW

New IQ3 set top box no where as good as the old one - terrible customer service

Purchased in June 2019.

CES

CESNewcastle

Absolutely Appalling Service. Actually NO Service Whatsoever

The box keeps erasing recorded shows. A technician informed me many of the IQ3 boxes are faulty and need to be replaced with IQ4. Can only speak to an overseas call centre who always say they will get back to you within 24 hours but never do. I’m still waiting many weeks later! If you ask to speak to a supervisor, they just hang up on you because they don’t want any complaints about them. After ringing numerous times, I sent an email, but of course received no reply. Presumably it’s illegal to refuse to fix faulty products, but Foxtel don’t seem to care.

Purchased in March 2018.

arthurathana

arthurathanaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Modesty prevents profanity - F@#$'n trash!

We were persuaded to upgrade to IQ3 from IQ2. We get Foxtel through Telstra - big mistake! - so you can just see we're going to get reamed by both "reputable" service providers. Where do I start? It's the second IQ3 box - none have the ability to retain the internet connection despite every device in our household operating just fine, and if you get connected, the download times can vary from reasonable to getting ready to see your unborn grandchildren getting ready for marriage! Seriously, they charge hard for these devices which are not fit for purpose. You've been warned!

Purchased in September 2018.

Fedup

FedupGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Foxtel iq3 is Crap

I wish we still had our old foxtel box. The new iq3 is absolute rubbish. We have nothing but problems weith it since the day we got it. It randomly turns itself off and then we have to spend excessive time waiting for the phillipino customer support. When we finally get to talk to somebody we are taken through a long process of check this check that until they finally do a reboot. We have had enough! Shame Foxtel Shame

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Dissatisfied

DissatisfiedGold Coast

Foxtel iQ3 - what a nightmare!

The Bluetooth option is abysmal. It rarely pairs, and when successful takes so long so carry out the potion you’ve selected that you need to start back at the main screen as the programme freezes.

Repeat after repeat after repeat. I feel like I’ve had the same programme option on Foxtel for the last 5 years.
Even the movie channels offer little variety and repeat for months on end.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Steve L

Steve LHunter Region, NSW

Terrible compared to IQ2

Date PurchasedJul 2018
BrentonJ

BrentonJWoodcroft

I gave this 1 star = terrible, not because it is terrible but that is the lowest rating I can give.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

A clunky piece of rubbish!

I had the IQ2 when, sadly, the remote "died" so paid $150 to upgrade? to the IQ3, which included a new remote. Wish I hadn't because IQ2 is much better. IQ3 is just plain clunky and slow, recordings don't always work, the Library (previously known as Planner - what was wrong with that?) is cumbersome. Foxtel : please fix the problems listed on this review page asap, at no cost to your customers.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

TP KIPPAX

TP KIPPAXBelconnen 2615, ACT

Overcharging by Foxtel do not pay more than $89/month

I was with Foxtel for 18 years, I was paying $139/month, I threatened to leave, they offered same supply for $119, said I would consider, decided to cancel month later they reduced fee by another $20 to $89/month. Still cancelled and walked away. Extremely happy with Netflix at $14 per month

Date PurchasedDec 2001

John K

John KSydney

Poor technology with terrible support

I had the misfortune to take up Foxtel’s offering IQ3 - there were a number of significant issues:
1) the free to air channels reception was poor at best with many missing channels
2) the usability & speed of the remote was terrible - this product should never be allowed on the market
3) the arrogance & rudeness of the Foxtel staff is outstanding- they must do courses on how to be provide poor service.
4) the voice recognition phone system used by Foxtel just does not work right.

Overall Foxtel are just atrocious!

I’m now with Fetch TV & very happy.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Rubbish & terrible service

We already had an IQ3 that connected to a Telstra modem intermittently, so after too many attempts at trying to convey my problem to Foxtel, they said it was faulty so got another IQ3 - exactly the same problem, they insisted it was our modem, yet iPad, computer and tv all connect to the modem. Very frustrating trying to communicate with Foxtel, I rang to tell them I am cancelling, their answer was “so you’d like to upgrade” I felt I was talking in Pig Latin as they either don’t understand me or don’t listen. My solution is cancelling and not having to waste endless hours getting nowhere.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

MLO

MLO

Frustrating navigation

The box itself works fine but a few issues with the total system. Mainly navigating around with the remote is a pain. Such as when you select a show you want to check out, then decide no and try to go back to the channel menu, it flicks you back to the start of the menu rather than picking up where you left off - and it is a long menu. Also doesn't seem to know/adjust record time when programs run late, so often you get half of your recording being the show that ran late. Other issues are with Foxtel's package/price structuring rather than the IQ3 box.

Date PurchasedNov 2017