Fujifilm FinePix S5700

Fujifilm FinePix S5700

See the Best Compact Cameras in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Good

We have had this camera for a few years now. We find it very easy to use and are very happy with it, even though there are newer models and added features. It has always taken clear shots (except for the few noted above but that's probably user error). We would highly recommend this camera if they still sell it. To people who say it is too bulky - that should've been something considered before it was purchased.
Has 7.1MP, big easy to view screen, 10x optical zoom, quite a few handy functions including macro, super macro and there is quite a lot of settings that you can adjust to get the result you want. It was the cheapest option for a camera with 10x optical zoom.
Some times the pictures can be a little off but I'm no expert and probably need to change a setting somewhere.

A good all round camera that produces high quality results. Takes both XD and SD cards. A good camera at a cheap price.
Large screen but with viewfinder option
Can't recharge batteries in camera

This camera is fantastic and really produces quality images, I'm really getting back into photography after buying this. Has a great 10X optical zoom and 7.1 mega pixel. This combination allows photos that most smaller standard digital just can't get. I have put a number of people onto this camera and they are all extremely happy.
This camera is a well priced camera that takes great pictures. I ungraded recently from a cheapie 6 megapixel and this Finepix runs rings around it.
Takes times to learn and is more like the tradional film camera. Rewards are quality photos.

i have had this camera for a few years now. i am very happy with it still, even though there are newer models and added features. it has always taken very clear and concise shots on the right setting. the photos turn out so crisp, it helps if you can take a decent photo in the first place. i would highly recommend this camera if they still sell it. yes it is bulky but i knew that when i bought it. i own a smaller fuji j20 that takes great pics also and use the two depending where i am going. if you are going to invest in a camera read the manual and play around with the features so you get the most out of your camera.
clear photos, lots of features.
it is bulky

Bad

We have had this camera for just over a year and have not been happy with it. We regretted our purchase. We can never guarantee that we will get a clear photo and it is just too big to take everywhere. We also had the spring for the flash break within 1 year of having it and got it fixed under warranty. We bought it for the large zoom but have found it just wasn't worth it.
Has 7.1MP, big screen, 10x optical zoom is fantastic, quite a few handy function including macro, super macro etc. and there is quite a lot of settings that you can adjust to get the result you want. It was the cheapest option for a camera with 10x optical zoom.
It is way too bulky for our liking. You can't just slip it into your pocket and it is even big to put in a handbag. The lens cover can get knocked off very easily. It is not a reliable camera for just pointing and clicking. Most of our photos come out ok but we can never guarantee it will be in focus. It is especially bad if we give the camera to someone else to use.

I like this camera there are so many added features to the camera and it is lightweight and easy to use. I would highly reccommend this camera to anyone it is very impressive.
It is a great camera. Easy to use with heaps of features. The pictures come out very clear. It has a video camera as well. The size of the LCD screen is great much bigger than the older versions.
The size of the camera is to big, if it was more compact it would be better.

This is a brilliant camera. It is miles better than my last camera and it cost me less than a third of the price! You can use this camera to do some serious photography. My partner uses Digital SLR cameras worth $1000's and you would have a hard time picking the photos between them.
The 10x zoom is extremely handy. You can even zoom in and out whilst recording video. It has heaps more features than the smaller point and shoot cameras that crowd the market these days. It is incredibly cheap too.
It's size can be a slight disadvantage in situations where you just want to take happy snaps every now and again.

Am very happy with camera. I have had fuji digital cameras for about 4 years now. The S5500 was my previous model. The battery compartment was hard to close on that model & eventually the plastic lugs broke & had to tape the compartment shut, but my son uses it now & he is very happy with it. He has ditched his kodak digital.
Great zoom. 7.1 megapixels is more than enough. takes xd & sd cards. You can actually change zoom distance whilst videoing.Big screen.Quite compact.Easy to use. Looks & feels like a professional camera. Great results.
The flash operation was better on the finepix S5500.Sometimes a bit slow to take a picture after depressing shutter.

Good

We bought this camera beore the birth of our first baby, 4 months age. Since then we have taken over 4000 photos. We have already got our money worth. It takes clear pictures and has so many different setups for different surroundings. It great. Recommend to anyone.
Easy to use. Big screen. Great pictures.
unable to attach various lens to it.