Gardenline(Aldi) Wicker Outdoor Shower SB1134

Gardenline(Aldi) Wicker Outdoor Shower SB1134

Ron06Sydney, NSW

Hose fitting doesnt work!

The shower is fine and easy to assemble. Only problem is that the hose connector is not standard and the hose keeps blowing off. I have tried a number of female connectors. I triedto replace the Aldi male connector with one from Bunnings but there are none with a 15 mm thread. Renders the shower useless.

November 11th 2019 Update: Heres how I fixed the hose blowing off issue

Remove the problematic 15 mm plastic hose connector and replace with a 15 to 20 mm converter. Before attaching connect a 20 mm hose connector , dont forget to use some plumbers tape . Connect hose up , voila

Purchased in November 2019 for $99.00.

LamarSouth Australia

Product is great but parts are missing

The actual shower is great.The only problem I have is that it came with 6 extra parts and missed a couple that you needed.Along with that the Allen head bolts were too short to reach the securing nut and I had to recess the holes further to put it together.If you don't have a drill and bits along with a few extra screws the right length then be warned.

Christine H.

Christine H.asked

How does the cover for the wicker outdoor set go on model sb1234

Hi Christine
I'm not sure what you actually meam by a cover
Any more information you can give me?

Christoasked

Aldi obviously have no quality control section to test out their goods before foisting them onto the public.
The idea of this shower is great except as others have reported the hose connector is worse than useless. Hose blows off as soon as water supply is introduced. The shower stainless steel tubing will not line up with the front of the shower unit when tightened. Only alternative is to loosen the pipe to the correct position which then allows water to gush out of the connection. These problems are ridiculously easy to correct by the manufacturers and until they are, Aldi have no right to put them on sale. Not happy!!!

Ron06

The brass fittings on the Aldi product are 15 mm . Most Aussie fittings are 20 or 25 mm . I bought a brass 15 mm to 20 mm ( both male) converter , I took off the plastic hose connector and screwed the 15 mm end into the Aldi tap connector and then bought a 20 mm hose connector and screwed that into the 20 mm . Hose now connects perfectly with no blowing off and no leaks . I got the 15-20mm male converter from Bunnings plumbing section and the 20mm to hose connector from the gardening section. A few extra bucks but problem solved. Will take a photo and post later.

Christo

Hi Ron. I wandered around the hose connector section of Bunnings on Saturday without success. I wasn't going to let the problem beat me so I trecked back to Bunnings on Sunday and also finished up in the plumbing dept. One of the assistants put me on the right track and suggested your solution. The exercise cost me $9.99 but I've now got a fully funcioning shower that works. The point of course must remain that Aldi and the supplier failed to ensure that the unit was suited to our size fittings. Anyway, all is well that ends well.

Naomi C.

Naomi C.asked

I cant get the outdoor shower fiting to fit to a hose connecter. Its a different size, so Hose wont/cant connect And water just comes spurting out of hose and pops off?
Any suggestions????

Lamar

I have used a normal everyday hose fitting so Im guessing that your fitting from the hose is not clipping onto the shower properly.
If you have a clip on fitting at your tap I would try swapping them over.
I have had similar problems with other ( different) fittings. Hope this works for you.
Cheers Laurie