Garmin DriveSmart 51 / 61 LMT-S

Garmin DriveSmart 51 / 61 LMT-S Questions & Answers

61 LMT-S, 51 LMT-S
Brand Manager for Garmin? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

11 questions from our users

gordon hayesasked

where is the clock

Engima2
Engima2

On mine, its down the bottom on the RHS..

gordon hayes

thanks for the reply but it is not on mine what about voice directions

Aurossco
Aurosscoasked
DriveSmart 51 / 61 LMT-S

Can l update maps on a Garmin drive 61LMT-S GPS with out a computer thanks

Rex Beer
Rex Beerasked
DriveSmart 51 / 61 LMT-S

Can it output sound to radio (Bluetooth?) headphones.

jb4105

have never needed this option when driving

Bruce
Bruceasked
DriveSmart 61 LMT-S

I belong to the CMCA and need to download their poi's. We have tried and tried to no avail.
How do you do it, Just about to give up on my $200 garmin.

jb4105

I really have no idea what to do to get your poi's. I am totally frustrated with my Garmin, tries to take me the wrong way on one way streets, tells me to turn at 3 not sure what that means, and also 'right turn ahead on to' with no indication of street names. its a total lemon

Rowdie
Rowdieasked
DriveSmart 61 LMT-S

I have just purchased my Garman. On its first try out I noticed that it was NOT warning me when I was close to a red light camera or a fixed speed camera .
I believed that this feature was part of the deal and was not able to be altered eg; turned off ? can you advise ?

Alistair Toop
Alistair Toopasked
DriveSmart 61 LMT-S

Hi does this model cover off road / dirt roads?
Thanks Alistair

John
Johnasked
DriveSmart 61 LMT-S

Apart from the screen size, what does the 6.95” have that the 6.1” does not?

et20000
et20000asked

just to be sure
Is Garmin Drivesmart 51 NT capable?
thanks

MansfieldJohno
MansfieldJohno

By NT do you mean for Darwin and the rest of NT. If so. YES it is

jacknomizasked
DriveSmart 61 LMT-S

Hi there, quick question please. Does this gps give me voice warning when I approach red light camera or is it just a prompt displayed on the screen like in the cheaper Garmin models?
Thanks.

Chris
Chris

Hello, this Garmin actually chimes and then displays a red banner advising you are approaching a Red Light Camera and the distance in metres. I hope that helps. We also took this with us to Auckland NZ and it worked great.

Peter
Peter

I just checked this today as I always keep it on silence. You do not have a voice warning but you can change in settings for a single tone or continuous tone or silent. The red banner with the distance will show up regardless of audio settings and of course if the camera is on the Garmin map. This is the warning for the red light camera and speed camera too. Please note I have a 61 LMT model (without S) so it may have more settings in LMT-S model for this feature. Also I found a way to get a complete EU maps on SD card and it works ;-)

jacknomiz

Hi Chris and Peter, many thanks for your answers. Much appreciated, cheers. Jack.

Daveasked
DriveSmart 61 LMT-S

Does it display speed zones as advertisement for this product says US & EU only?

Darryl
Darryl

Hi Dave ... Yes it does. (On mine anyway).
Darryl.

Kev H
Kev H

Hi Dave,

I can confirm that it does show speed zones. Bear in mind that these are only as accurate as your maps. I have noticed that, where speed limits have changed, the unit will continue to show the old limit. Shame it doesn't have a camera that can read speed limit signs, like some of the newest units.

Hope this helps.

Kev

Dave

Thank you for the answers, now to find the best unit

Roland
Rolandasked
DriveSmart 51 LMT-S

Can UK maps be downloaded to this GPS?

john wilson
john wilson

You can download maps of anywhere, UK, Europe, USA, onto a mini sd card and install it you can then switch between 2 setups in the gps home and elsewhere the reason for this the memory is not large enough , programing them just follow the prompts. Good luck.

Garmin DriveSmart 51 / 61 LMT-S