Garuda Indonesia

Garuda Indonesia

See the Best International Airlines in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Garuda Indonesia? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Seat Room
  • Food
  • In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment
  • Wi-Fi

Jennifer
JenniferGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Still waiting for a refund from February 2020 that I verbally arranged by phone in March 2022. Not good enough!

The flight I booked in February 2020 is no longer offered Melbourne to Denpasar, so I am entitled to a refund. Garuda has agreed but have still not paid! If a company advertises a flight and the customer books it directly through their website, then changes the destinations the customer is entitled to a refund. I have agreed to accept a refund (and pay a cancellation fee!) but I have waited well over 3 months for this refund. There have been countless emails and phone conversations but the same thing is told to me over and over "it has been referred to our online booking department". Pay up!!!

cancelled my flight without notice and shocking customer services

Tracey
TraceyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Shocking…..!

Booked tickets well before the very first lockdown in 2020. 6 tickets to the value of $ 4900.00. I have had no refund, no voucher…. Got nothing in response to my claims. Will never ever use or recommend this air line to anyone.

Nerissa H.
Nerissa H.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

May as well close their Airline out of Australia

Garuda cancelled our flight we were due to fly out of Melbourne in May 2020, we booked well prior to Covid however, they feel its fair to change their terms and not provide a full refund. Refund will absorb 80% of what I paid and was told Id still have to wait more than 12 months. Or I can wait and book a flight sometime in 2022 if I'm lucky. DISCUSTING and will NEVER book again.

Eme
Eme

Please don't book with them

They cancelled my flight due to COVID-19 and refuse to give me a refund. They won't help me at all. There's not much I can do so I'm going to lose all my money. Please don't make the mistake of booking with them.

Asa
AsaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Garuda keeping our money

Our flights from Sydney to Holland, purchased end of 2019 were cancelled due to COVID and more than a year passed and still no refund! It is a absolutely horrible company. Never again!

Daylight robbery

9 months on and still trying to get a refund. They have offered less than half of the value of our tickets if we take a cash refund. It’s outrageous that we are expected to pay $500 for a service that we never received. I will NEVER book Garuda again. Should have gone with Jetstar at least they treat their customers fairly

Shaylie
Shaylie

Disappointed

Very disappointed to have our flight cancel but you don’t give cash refunds, your happy to take our money which we work hard for but can only get tax back , I have lost $1700 not much to some but a lot to our family, never again Guruda you have lost us as customers

sarah
sarahWerribee

Terrible customer service. No care at all. Will never book with garuda again

Garuda Indonesia changed our flights with a 4 day date difference and different destination. After this our flights were then cancelled due to covid 19.
Travel dates were April 26th 2020 - May 3rd 2020.
Garuda have not once offered a refund and just a credit which needs to be redeemed by July 2021.
This is not feesable for my family and i, let alone do i believe international travel from Australia to Indonesia will be allowed by then.
I did not cancel my flights, garuda did. Therefore i should be entitled to a refund of the money i have spent!
This poor customer service, lack of care and communication has made my decision that i will never use garuda again and will encourage any family and friends never to do so as well.

Sandra J.
Sandra J.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unscrupulous

Logiculture
LogicultureAU

Refund promised but not delivered

Leesa Daniell
Leesa Daniell

Very poor customer service

Garuda are still issuing cancellation fees even though I'm unable to travel from Australia to Bali. Why should l be charged and fees if I'm unable to travel. Very poor customer service when l contacted Garuda.

Vernessa P
Vernessa PGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Refund nightmare

Booked airfare from Melbourne to Bali for September, flight was cancelled due to covid19 and now they want to charge $250 per ticket cancellation ( I have 7 tickets ) $1750 penalty.
Have flown Garuda over 39 times, this we’ll be my last

Sally Scarone
Sally Scarone

Having to seek refund through credit card company after Garuda changed travel dates and DESTINATION!!!

Having to seek a refund through my credit card company as Garuda wont refund on a "non refundable" ticket despite cancelling flight due to COVID 19 AFTER changing the travel date by 4 days and the destination from denpasar to jakarta!!!! I paid premium price for tickets through this mob and feel BEYOND ripped off. Love Bali and the Balinese and when everything gets back to normal I shall tell everyone-Do not ever fly Garuda!!

Dom
DomSydney, NSW

Changed booking conditions after booking

Booked to fly in May this year.
Multiple flights to get to Rote Island. After booking and the onset of COVID-19 they changed their booking terms and claiming to refuse to refund flights and offer a credit valid for 12 months only. Now chasing a refund through my credit card instead as they are breaching Australian consumer law by changing their terms and conditions after we booked and refusing to refund despite unable to provide the promised service. Have flown Garuda once before and my board bag was stained with petrol on that flight also, will go back to flying Virgin unless absolutely necessary

Claireasked

Havent read a lot of good reviews about Garuda flying Perth to Denpasar recently one even stating a prop jets are sometimes used has anyone actually flown on one of these between Perth and Bali

Winnie
Winnie
Claire

I did email Garuda and they advised me it is only used for domestic flights when I look at flight radar there was one used on the 31st of jan I think it said but maybe it’s flight radar that’s wrong and it doesn’t actually happen

felicity behrensasked

Is it true that Garuda is no longer serving alcohol? I wont be be booking my flight for next year if this is true

Tony w
Tony w

Hi Felicity Garuda now only serve wine and beer(warm) and no spirits ar all.
Tony

felicity behrens

Ok then, will be changing my carrier for flights next year.

Felanny
Felanny

They don’t serve alcohol anymore, i was in a flight from singapore to indonesia, they used to serve alcohol, now they don’t , not sure what happened tho

Gladys L.
Gladys L.asked

Can knitting needles be brought on to the Garuda Aircraft? My daughter is a knitter. Gladys Lyons [details removed]