4.1

3.3

Transporter driver
Transporter driverGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

Worst tyres I have bought in 30 years

Bought for VW Transporter which needed wheel alignment. Taken by surprise at how quickly they wore on the edges. Alignment done and tyres rotated, but performance in wet is appalling.
Overall
Peterb666
Peterb666Merimbula35 posts

Seem to do the job well

These replaced Kumho tyres on my Nissan D22 1 tonner and are a better tyre. Much better grip especially in the wet which is where it really counts. Better road holding in the dry as well. After a year and around 12,000 km, it does seem as though tread wear is a little higher than the Kumho but that is a small price to pay for the better grip. Show details
Overall
Matt G.
Matt G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC5 posts

Absolute junk

I previously had Goodyear Cargo Marathon tyres fitted to my VW Multivan. Fantastic tyre got 100,000 kilometers out of them.

Put G26's as the marathons weren't available. 1 failed and was like driving on a flat spotted tyre. My guess is a manufacturing fault. Had that replaced and now I am starting to hear the noise starting again. Show details

Wet Weather Handling
Durability
Dry Weather Handling
Andy_PMelbourne32 posts
MuzzMelbourneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC4 posts

So good I replaced my old set with new

I bought my AU one tonner 30,000 ks ago with G26s on it and was surprised they passed roadworthy. No idea how many ks they had done but they were so old they didn’t have date code on them. Replaced them today with another set at a really good price from Tyrepower. Looking forward to further review updates. Show details
Tin
Tin2 posts

Unbelievable

Mine just passed rego with 128,000km up. Mixed highway and city use. Some say they would be hardened they are so old now but the car is rarely loaded and still never loses grip. I'll stick them on my next car as well as any commercial vehicle. Are the other brands this good?

Show details ·  1

Aaron
AaronSydney, NSW6 posts

Long lasting tyres

Lasted about 70,000km, surprised to have even wear all over (two rotations), carrying 100kg - 1000kg loads metro use. Will buy again as they have proved themselves, they have carried embedded screws without any leaks, sidewall scrapes no problem. I should have correctly inflated the tyres to get longer wear (more on the rear, less on the front).

Show details ·  1

Cicco70
Cicco70Perth, WA14 posts

Very Good value for money

Very happy with my new Goodyear Cargo G26

Paid only $600 for the 4 tyres fitted & balanced

Why buy a cheaper unknown brand for the sake of saving a few dollars.

Done over 3000km no problems yet

Very happy with ride and handle

I find them quieter then my previous Michelin

Grumpy
GrumpySouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts

Great tyres for my ute

I got 4 of these for my 2wd Triton ute and have found them excellent. Wet and dry grip is great, no signs of excessive wear after 15,000K's.

I keep a watch on tyre pressures and so far have had little need to adjust pressures.

Steering response seems precise, the ride is nice and smooth and this is the first time I have put Goodyears on the ute and I am very happy with my purchase. The dealer offered a very good price and assured me I would be happy. It's nice to know I made a good choice.

PeteHobart, TAS3 posts

Pete

Its amazing no comment from goodyear needless to say we have changed brands Pete

gab7788
gab7788South East Queensland, QLD8 posts

Great Long Wearing Tyres

Changing it for the same after 93000km on my Mercedes Vito. Drove a lot on country roads with occasional heavy loads.

Excellent wet-traction and quiet tyres - both were important to me. Had no puncture during this time and it would've lasted even longer, I believe, if I rotated the tyres.

Pradeep
Pradeep

Go bald on the edges

as ShortandHairy said, my car's GoodYear tyres wore out on the edges. These are originally came with my Axio 165/65/15. I have inflated them each 30psi as it's written in the door edge. Runs 42000KM. When I go to change tyres, Tyre shop technician said, don't buy GoodYear, they wear edges.

As of the googling I will buy Nexen. Hope it's OK.

ShortandHairy93 posts

Crannykid
CrannykidCranbourne2 posts

Can anyone beat my milage

I purchased my Ford cab-chassis ute new 2 years ago with a set of G26 tyres. I've had to replace one because of multiple punchers but the others are still on the vehicle. I've just passed 180,000. I will be replacing the rest with G26 today.

I think that is a positive recommendation. I am a courier.

Jak
JakAU

Best value

Excellent got 60k on these. Still some trade left which is legal. Rotated for every 10k. Achieved better fuel economy. No issues with these tyres. Comparatively cheaper than the leading brands. I got for $125 each.

As a courier do lot of u turns every day on road. Regular rotation will be fine.

Highly recommended.