Goodyear Cargo G26

Goodyear Cargo G26

See the Best Light Commercial Tyres in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Goodyear

4.1
  • Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
Transporter driver
Transporter driverGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst tyres I have bought in 30 years

Bought for VW Transporter which needed wheel alignment. Taken by surprise at how quickly they wore on the edges. Alignment done and tyres rotated, but performance in wet is appalling.

Peterb666
Peterb666Merimbula

Seem to do the job well

These replaced Kumho tyres on my Nissan D22 1 tonner and are a better tyre. Much better grip especially in the wet which is where it really counts. Better road holding in the dry as well. After a year and around 12,000 km, it does seem as though tread wear is a little higher than the Kumho but that is a small price to pay for the better grip.

Purchased in July 2018.

Matt G.
Matt G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolute junk.

I previously had Goodyear Cargo Marathon tyres fitted to my VW Multivan. Fantastic tyre got 100,000 kilometers out of them.

Put G26's as the marathons weren't available. 1 failed and was like driving on a flat spotted tyre. My guess is a manufacturing fault. Had that replaced and now I am starting to hear the noise starting again.

Purchased in August 2019 at Tyrepower for $230.00.

Andy_PMelbourne

THERE IS NO WARRANTY

Purchased in August 2016.

Tyre Mileage 50,000 km

MuzzMelbourneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

So good I replaced my old set with new.

I bought my AU one tonner 30,000 ks ago with G26s on it and was surprised they passed roadworthy. No idea how many ks they had done but they were so old they didn’t have date code on them. Replaced them today with another set at a really good price from Tyrepower. Looking forward to further review updates.

Purchased in July 2019.

Tin
Tin

Unbelievable

Mine just passed rego with 128,000km up. Mixed highway and city use. Some say they would be hardened they are so old now but the car is rarely loaded and still never loses grip. I'll stick them on my next car as well as any commercial vehicle. Are the other brands this good?

CarFalcon ute FG2
Goodyear
Goodyear A.Goodyear

Hi there, thank you for leaving your feedback. We're really glad to hear that you've been enjoying the tyres on your FG ute :) We appreciate the five stars too! Thanks, Team Goodyear Australia

Aaron
AaronSydney, NSW

Long lasting tyres

Lasted about 70,000km, surprised to have even wear all over (two rotations), carrying 100kg - 1000kg loads metro use. Will buy again as they have proved themselves, they have carried embedded screws without any leaks, sidewall scrapes no problem. I should have correctly inflated the tyres to get longer wear (more on the rear, less on the front).

CarCourier
Goodyear
Goodyear A.Goodyear

Hi Aaron, thanks for your review - we're glad to hear you found your Goodyear tyres to be long lasting on your Courier :) We appreciate the five stars too! Team Goodyear Australia

Cicco70
Cicco70Perth, WA

Very Good value for money

Very happy with my new Goodyear Cargo G26
Paid only $600 for the 4 tyres fitted & balanced
Why buy a cheaper unknown brand for the sake of saving a few dollars.
Done over 3000km no problems yet
Very happy with ride and handle
I find them quieter then my previous Michelin

CarFiat Scudo
Grumpy
GrumpySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great tyres for my ute.

I got 4 of these for my 2wd Triton ute and have found them excellent. Wet and dry grip is great, no signs of excessive wear after 15,000K's.
I keep a watch on tyre pressures and so far have had little need to adjust pressures.
Steering response seems precise, the ride is nice and smooth and this is the first time I have put Goodyears on the ute and I am very happy with my purchase. The dealer offered a very good price and assured me I would be happy. It's nice to know I made a good choice.

Car1997 Mitsubishi Triton 2WD tray back Ute.

Disgusting and dangerous Goodyear Cargo Vector 17 inch

CarT5 2012/2013 VW Transporters
Pete

Its amazing no comment from goodyear needless to say we have changed brands Pete

gab7788
gab7788South East Queensland, QLD

Great Long Wearing Tyres

Changing it for the same after 93000km on my Mercedes Vito. Drove a lot on country roads with occasional heavy loads.
Excellent wet-traction and quiet tyres - both were important to me. Had no puncture during this time and it would've lasted even longer, I believe, if I rotated the tyres.

CarMercedes Vito 115 swb, 2004Dec

Go bald on the edges

as ShortandHairy said, my car's GoodYear tyres wore out on the edges. These are originally came with my Axio 165/65/15. I have inflated them each 30psi as it's written in the door edge. Runs 42000KM. When I go to change tyres, Tyre shop technician said, don't buy GoodYear, they wear edges.

As of the googling I will buy Nexen. Hope it's OK.

Go bald on the edges?

Crannykid
CrannykidCranbourne

Can anyone beat my milage

I purchased my Ford cab-chassis ute new 2 years ago with a set of G26 tyres. I've had to replace one because of multiple punchers but the others are still on the vehicle. I've just passed 180,000. I will be replacing the rest with G26 today.
I think that is a positive recommendation. I am a courier.

Jak
JakAU

Best value

Excellent got 60k on these. Still some trade left which is legal. Rotated for every 10k. Achieved better fuel economy. No issues with these tyres. Comparatively cheaper than the leading brands. I got for $125 each.
As a courier do lot of u turns every day on road. Regular rotation will be fine.
Highly recommended.