1.8

Functionality
Dan
Dan

Like driving on ice!!

Would NOT recommend these unless you can guarantee you'll never have to drive on a wet (or even moist) road. Even in the dry, they understeer terribly. Plain and simply... an awful tyre for anyone who drives around corners!!
James
James Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Plz never buy these tyres. Zero grip in wet weather

Hyundai i30 looks like on roller coaster on these tyres in wet weather. Very dangerous to drive. I went back to the tyre service station. Put my hands on the bottom of my ears and said forgive me for buying these tyres. Take them back somehow and give me something better plz. The guy was good man he only charged me the fitting price for Michelin tyres and things looks like a sports car now.

Ur life, ur car is more important than how much the tyres last.

Some days u need to speed up and if u do that on Highway on a rainy day then plz pay for ur funeral service in advance.  Show details

Amarjeet
AmarjeetGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts

Shocking!!! Terrible experience

These are the worst Tyre on wet weather doesn't matter how slow you drive it will slip and car will be out of control.
Don't buy , don't waste your money..
No point to put new tires on the behalf of safety

In conclusion , say Good bye to Goodyear. Show details

Stresses Shopper
Stresses ShopperSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Good wear rate , but shockingly poor grip on wet roads

Have done 50,000 on these tyres . The wear rate is as promised. Fine for dry roads. No grip, and i really mean no grip on wet roads. Does not matter how careful you drive you will slide and slip, under brakes they are just plain scary, i shudder to think of how many times i had to rely on my ABS to cover for the inadequacies of this tyre on wet roads
Overall
Functionality
gav273
gav273

What a Great Tyre

I have 30000kms on these tyres and I tell you they hardly look worn.They weren't kidding when they said they were guaranteed for 70000kms. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. I've had them fitted to my Daughters car and recommended them to all my friends at the RSL Club

Show details ·  1

Sasha
Sasha

CAUTION. TERRIBLE TIRE IN WET CONDITIONS

Average to good performance in the dry, road noise is moderate.

PRAY it doesn't rain because these tires are a hazard in the wet. My BALD Dunlop SP300s that I replaced with the Duraplus had better grip on take off and cornering in the wet. A corner that I could confidently take at 40 or 50 now has me terrified to go above 25-30 km/h due to dangerous understeer. Please, for the sake of your own safety, DO NOT buy these tires. They weren't even cheap.

Look elsewhere!

Show details

Jay
Jay

Worst Tyre when Wet

I bought these tyres for my honda civic in 2013, and since then I'm regretting my decision. Only use my car for commuting to work which is just a few km's away, so couldn't change it till now but they are extremely dangerous when driving in Wet. No grip at all and I've to be extra cautious while braking.

Show details

Joe
JoeWollongong
Stressed driver
Stressed driver

Charles_James
Charles_JamesAU18 posts

Good brand but tyres below average

Goodyear Duraplus 215 60R 16 fitted to our Mazda MPV in September of 2009. Replaced July 2012 with just over 50,000 kilometres use. Previous factory fitted Bridgestones lasted 65000 kilometres. Goodyear are currently promoting this tyre with a 70000 kilometre warranty. Shame it did not apply to our tyre when we purchased them 3 years ago as our actual usage is woefully short of the warranty. Replaced the Duraplus with Bridgestone Ecopia E100 tyres. We'll see how they go. In the mean time, shop around carefully for deals as well as reputation. Would not recommend the Goodyear tyres.

Poor tyre wear, noisy when worn.

Tazzie
Tazzie32 posts

Overall good value with good performance

I live in Southern Tasmania with lots of windy, wet roads, the tyres went on to a Falcon Ute, I have found the performance (safety) very good in all conditions. have now put a set on our Honda Civic and again found them to be very good for our driving conditions. Have not found them to be any noisier than anything else I have used and I would certainly buy them again. As for claims of better fuel economy I treat all of these type of things with a grain of salt, maybe they do maybe they don't, I am more concerned about grip both dry and wet, braking and good wear and tear, from that point of view they are certainly worth considering when buying tyres .
Good value, handle well on wet and windy roads.
witties
wittiesAU

OK

There is a saving on fuel use but, as the saying goes, if a claim seems too good to be true - it probably is! Disappointed with the company and know not to trust their advertising now!
Their claims about a technology that reduces fuel use seem to be valid. I saved about 0.6 litres per 100km. So well done on that score.
However, their claim for the tyres to wear much longer (100,000 km) is a load of rubbish. They wore down to the legal level almost the same as the softer sport tyres. They also have more road noise, I guess because of a harder tyre to try to get more road wear. Lasted only 30-40,000 km! No where near their claimed 100,000km!
DG
DG

85000Km so far on the set on my 2007 BFII Fairmont and if I wasn't going on an interstate trip in wet weather I would not have replaced them yet. Great tyres - I will be buying another set!