Haier HCF Chest Freezer

Haier HCF Chest Freezer

HCF-105, HCF-148WH-2, HCF143, HCF201, HCF208WH-2 and 9 more

bloody noisy

good price not a bad energy rating and does freeze you products fast but unless u got somewhere to put it where the noise wont bother you i would look for a quieter option.the other problem is that it only came with one basket. not to bad depth was not almost falling in too reach the bottom.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

So bloody noisy

Bought this freezer cause it was the perfect size to fit into the spacing I had ....
There’s a constant humming noise coming from it it’s so annoying, only read the other reviews now and it seems to be the norm!!
Do all makes of freezers make noises can never remember this noise in my parents house !!
It was on special as well so that’s why I bought it maybe a few dollars more spent next time!!

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Bought to fit half a beast in it

Purchased because of it's size, as other freezers would not have fitted the size of the cuts in the draws. Freezer comes with three baskets so we can separate the smaller cuts from the large roasting pieces. It is a chest freezer so the cold air does not escape as if it was a vertical freezer. Compliments my vertical freezer as both have dual purposes. Easy clean surface. No comparison to vertical freezers for the price.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Ice forming on lid hinges

We bought ours in January through Betta Electrical. Ice formed on lid hinges within days. The lid's been replaced once but the issue remains. We're awaiting a resolution. Another reviewer here has had the same issue with a different model. HAIER SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO SELL PRODUCTS WHICH HAVE KNOWN ISSUES THAT THEY'RE UNABLE TO RESOLVE. Neither should companies like Betta continue to stock items which are known to have issues. Refunds to customers should be immediate.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

very noisey

Bought this freezer from Harvey Norman last month. It's a really good size. freezer from Harvey Norman. First thing we noticed is just how loud it is. The demo was not switched on in the store. We initially thought it was only going to be loud when it was cooling to get up to temperature. But there is a constant loud humming noise. I wouldn't buy it again. The noise is really annoying.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

You get what you pay for.

I had trouble freezing stuff properly especially meat at the beginning and i thought I had wasted my money but for some reason it works fine now. Might be worth spending a bit more and going for a better brand for people who want something reliable and a peace of mind.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

not happy

plugged in freezer and ran for 4hrs place frozen food in it and then went to bed.woke up the next morning and checked freezer and every thing was thawed out .i now have to wait a week until some checks it out.Not Good Service.Should of had a now one fromm Good Guy Straight away .It wasnt even a day old

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Affordable with decent energy star rating

This freezer fits in our tiny laundry giving us extra freezer capacity needed for our expanded family. We had to install it with the short edge facing out and it still looks ok and is fine for access. We chose this brand because it had an extra half star energy rating over similar sized units and was actually cheaper than some brands with lower efficiency.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Issue with Ice forming on inside where hinges are

Purchased one of these 13 months ago, within 4 month ice was forming inside the door lid hinges and kept getting worse, called there customer service which is great as they are 24/7 so they send a tech out to arrange replacement. New one came, and yep same issues after a week, so then they arrange for another one, and within 4 days same problem, now Haier are telling me that they are going to arrange store credit. Their handling of the issue has been great, however shouldn't have to go thru this time wasting.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

best freezer to have

trustworthy brand. it's a very famous electrical brand in China as well. last piece bought from costco today and got delivered. so lucky to have it for just 350 bucks. cheap, quite, freezes my food nicely and quickly. perfect size for a small family of 4. strongly recommend it. ..

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Little freezer Lots of room!

We needed a small freezer to fit in a limited space and this was perfect. Quiet and looks good too! The basket is deep enough to hold most anything and the shelf makes it easy for me to reach in as I am very short. Recommended this model to family and friends.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Does a good job of keeping my frozen food fresh

Bought the freezer from the Good guys store at Marion last week at a good price - $367. It is a 201 litre, three and a half star energy rating, and is whisper quiet. Stocked it with my chrisco frozen food hampers , and it fitted everything perfectly. Even with a full load of food, it doesn't Labour, and it has worked well thus far. Two year warranty, and a brand I trust.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Absolute garbage

Has this freezer 2 days on max thermostat and all my food has defrosted. My fridge is colder than this freezer Absolute garbage. It looked great in the shop but my new hisense has already out performed it within 10 mins of being plugged in. Taking back for a refund. Purchased from retravision.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Great little unit!

This is a good little freezer. It runs pretty quite and cheap enough. I have been very impressed with how many things can fit inside of it and the lack of condensation. I would recommend this unit for any excess meat or leftovers you may have, it really works well!

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Good, it works

Mine is a HCF101, an almost-cube-shaped chest freezer, very small. Great price from appliances online, and unplanned purchase (due to my new Samsung fridge having a very tiny freezer). It buzzed a bit when first turned on, but then calmed down, and it rarely comes on. It has a very bright green "on" light that goes all the time, plus there's a boost function I haven't used and that's an orange light. It has one top basket, and Ikea rubbish buckets fit in it, kind-of. I'm happy with this, for the price, it's good. Now I can buy stuff from Costco again.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Very good and reliable

It's been working since 5 months on summer time and under sun never give a little problem works really silent and powerfull and very reasonable price when you compare with other brands. I was scaring before i bought it because of unknown brand but than i research that company one of the best at Europe.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Very noisy. Works ok so far

Bought this freezer from Harvey Norman about a week ago. First thing we noticed is just how amazingly loud it is. the demo was not switched on in the store. Doesn't seem to freeze that well. Was good price tho. So i guess you get what you pay for. I wouldn't buy it again. The noise is really annoying.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Fantastic budget chest freezer

Cannot fault this freezer - great price and cheap to run - does what it is supposed to. We purchased as an overflow for our kitchen fridge/freezer and honestly cannot fault it. Has basket and shelf - drain hole for cleaning....all you would want for a compact chest freezer. Cabinet has no faults at all.

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Lamentable quality

After 3 1/2 years, the freezer lid is beginning to perforate with rust, from the inside out. Fisher and Paykal say I have 'obviously damaged it by putting something on it' without actually ever seeing the damage. Guess you could say I'm unhappy to the max. I wouldn't buy Chinese made whiteware again.

An excellent inexpensive energy efficient chest freezer with long warranty

We looked at numerous freezers before purchasing this one because it was inexpensive, energy efficient and had a long warranty.

Indicator light has gone out. does this matter, how to change the bulb?
I think the light is led. The light is only meant to come on when the compressor is actually running. If the light never comes on, but the freezer continues to work normally otherwise, personally I wouldn't worry about it. If it the light is permanently out and it is still under warranty - you could get it fixed through the supplier.

I was told I have to buy the Whole lid to change the seal as mine has split on my haier chest freezer 148A, Not happy
Is it still under warranty? The entire lid is less than $100 (about the same as a Whirlpool freezer door seal)? While it would be nice to be able to change the seal only, this is a very basic and cheap appliance - parts inventory is often rationalized for this type of product.

Can I purchase more baskets, where from and how much do they cost?
It is best you contact Haier and ask if that is possible

Chest Freezer HCF719Chest Freezer HCF208WH-2Chest Freezer HCF-148WH-2Chest Freezer HCF524 WHChest Freezer HCF324Chest Freezer HCF264Chest Freezer HCF-105Chest Freezer HCF201Chest Freezer HCF143Chest Freezer HCF208WHChest Freezer HCF148AChest Freezer HCF148WHChest Freezer HCF208AChest Freezer HCF208AWH
TypeChest FreezersChest FreezersChest FreezersChest FreezersChest FreezersChest FreezersChest FreezersChest FreezersChest FreezersChest FreezersChest FreezersChest FreezersChest FreezersChest Freezers
Height845mm845mm845mm845mm845mm845mm845mm845mm845mm845mm845mm845mm845mm845mm
Price (RRP) $1399$449$449$449$449$449$449$449$449$449$449$449$449$449
Capacity719L204L145L519L324L258L102L201L204L145L145L204L204L
Energy Rating2.52.53.52.52.53.53.53.53.52.53.53.52.52.5
Depth830mm550mm550mm745mm745mm900mm550mm550mm550mm550mm550mm550mm550mm
Width1860mm940mm720mm1645mm1055mm745mm570mm940mm940mm720mm720mm940mm940mm
Release dateDec 2007Dec 2007Dec 2007Dec 2007Dec 2007Dec 2007Dec 2007Dec 2007Dec 2007
Replaced byHaier Chest Freezer HCF208WH-2Haier Chest Freezer HCF-148WH-2Haier Chest Freezer HCF-148WH-2Haier Chest Freezer HCF208WH-2Haier Chest Freezer HCF208WH-2

Similar listings