Westinghouse WCM1400WD / WCM2000WD / WCM2900WD

WCM1400WD, WCM2000WD, WCM2900WD

Stevesreview

StevesreviewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Westinghouse Chest Freezer

Great size family freezer, loads of room plus a basket. We had an old Tuckerbox freezer which was great, but used a lot of energy. This one uses much less, has just as much capacity, is light weight (easy for cleaning), has an external drain, and takes up less space. All this under $350. Love it.

ShaunG

ShaunGMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very quiet, does what it says. Needs more baskets.

Purchased in June 2019 at Appliances Online for $376.00.

Shop-till-u-drop

Shop-till-u-dropSydney, NSW

Excellent chest freezer for a decent price !

Have decided to stock up and buy my frozen food in bulk and my fridge freezer combo at the moment just wasn't big enough so bit the bullet and decided to purchase a stand alone chest freezer , was slightly concerned about the upcoming power bill , to my amazement the power bill was no different to the one before purchasing this freezer , is whisper quiet and has a decent internal volume

Carla81South East Queensland, QLD

Love it!

Pros - Great size. I use it to store pre-made meals and it is fantastic for buying meat or other foods in bulk when on special. For a family of 5 it is a perfect size. Have had ours 8 months already and only needing to do a defrost now. It was recommended every 6 months so I'm happy about how good it's gone frost free. Haven't noticed much of an increase in the powerbill.
Cons- Door takes a good 10-15mins before it can be re-opened but this isn't a problem for me.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

AlfreddoHunter Region, NSW

Great small freezer

This size freezer a good accompaniment to my upright model, also a Westinghouse. We live outside town, and do a weekly shop. It is quiet and economical, holds sufficient food for my family and I can freeze leftovers when I make too much. Will also allow me to cater for parties when I make food ahead for the occasion.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Henry

HenryMelbourne

Compact Freezer for those that live in apartements.

Bought this freezer after having left behind the Fisher and Paykel freezer which I had back in Perth Western Australia. As someone who prefers to buy things in bulk and just store in the freezer, I was always annoyed when I bought stuff and found that my regular Fridge's freezer compartment was always too small to accommodate the things that I bought. So I did some research and compromised on this one due to the little space that it uses especially when it comes apartment living. So far so good. Does the work well. The suction caps can be quite inflexible but I guess that's the beautiful thing about it as it will stop air from leaking out and help with reducing those power bills. Would I recommend it to anyone? Yes definitely!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Cherry

CherryWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Loads of space

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Tristian

Tristian

Great for additional space

We use this for additional freezer space as our integrated drawer freezer doesn't have a lot of room for bulk orders of bread, meat, etc. The chest freezer is quiet, seals well, and has more than enough space for a two-person household.
One thing to note is that, because it's not frost-free, this isn't ideal if you're opening it every day. We only open it once or twice a week and have still had to defrost it twice in under a year. That said, the plastic scraper it comes with works great, and it doesn't take long to get all the ice out.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
jeremy.ieraci

jeremy.ieraciDarwin, NT

I bought this freezer to replace an older fridge to house my home brew fermentation vessel using an external thermostat. It works an absolute treat, have not run into the problem of sticking door seal like others have stated. It's not frost free but doesn't affect me because I turn it off when not in use.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
MetalGodz

MetalGodzHunter Region, NSW

Supports a great deal of space, and is ideal for any small to Medium family. Maintains a constant temperature and is quiet. The seal seems to be rugged and should cope with regular lifting. So far it hasn't needed any defrosting, as our old Tuckerbox required. Our previous Haier had just broken down, and we missed out on the Aldi unit, which was far cheaper.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Matt

MattMelbourne

Great freezer but lid can be hard to open

Purchased the freezer and it has been fine but when it is empty and you have recently opened the lid, it creates a suction effect making it impossible to open the lid until you wait for a while. Having less of an issue with this now that it has heavier food in there. Apart from that, it looks good and is keeping my food cold.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

shopperjillTownsville, Qld

Happy with freezer

Date PurchasedJan 2017

penegeauSouth East Queensland, QLD

Burns everything in it within hours.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Westinghouse
ELECTROLUX ..Westinghouse

Failed on the 1st week

Bought this a week ago and it stopped working. They couldn't fix it and I am still waiting for westinghouse/electrolux to get back to me on a solution. My full load of frozen food is now going into the bin. Thought a branded product will not fail me that soon, should have bought a less known brand for lesser price instead

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Westinghouse
ELECTROLUX ..Westinghouse
Guy

GuyBrisbane

Does exactly what it is supposed to do

Bought the Westinghouse after returning not just one but two Hisense units. The Hisense chest freezers both had faulty seal rims (dips in the the actual plastic moulding that were too deep for the seal to close off), causing excess ice build up. Both Hisense units also made an unpleasant gas type odour which left me feeling unwell after a few hours in the same room.

The 200L Westinghouse is clearly a better quality unit with a perfectly straight/flat seal rim and a much larger, more solid seal. There is no odour and the unit does not run as often. Should have saved myself some trouble and spent the extra $70 on the Westinghouse at the outset.

Colin52Perth, WA

Westinghouse 200L Chest Freezer

Anne Keating-wangaratta

Anne Keating-wangaratta asked

Why has the green light on my w/h deep frezer changed from green to red?

Alfreddo

I am sure if it is red it is for danger, and best to get professional advice. A freezer full of food is no small cost. Is the top down securely? Are there any items above the top causing the lid to stay up. Has the top has been left partly open /power cut. Although with lid closed properly food takes over 20 hours to defrost, but is safe to cook and eat but not to refreeze. If the red light has been on for some time maybe the Westinghouse website it the better authority.
If it is only being started from new or having been turned off for some time it isn't automatically up to freezing point, red light,- when correct freezing temp reached turns green.

Its full of crisco atm. Lights been red for about week and a hlf. Im going to take everyhing out defost and start again i think.
Thanks for your time

Don I

Don Iasked

Can this be used to keep cans of drink cool without freezing?

Nope. It's a freezer.

Alfreddo

It is a freezer Don, and can will probably explode if left inside too long. I suppose like any freezer you could put the can in and cool it but consequence if you left it overnight, or too long.

Helen

Helenasked

The little green cooling light turns on & off, is it supposed to? Chest freezer, Model number is wcm2000wd.

Alfreddo

The green light comes on when the freezer is running. When the temp goes up the light comes on so you know it is working. If the light is on continually, could mean the desired temp has not been reached, but once it reaches the required temp it should go off. Depending on the heat of the day it may come on more frequently to maintain the freezing temp.

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives