4.3

Happy GardenerSouthwest, VIC14 posts

Blade Durability
Hunter
Hunter32 posts

Excellent well designed powerful machine

I have had a C13 for my small acreage property for around four years. When it first arrived I had a pile of branches 12m x2m x1.5m high which I expected to take take 2 hours to mulch. It took 25 minutes. The great thing is you don't need to spend much time trimming branches, you just feed in the lot. I have fed in whole palm trunks up to 100mm dia. The Honda GX390 engine is superb. It usually starts first pull, never more than two, generally because it wasn't switched it on. This is a well designed and built robust machine which should last for years. Buy a pair of very long handled pliers for regular removal of fibrous material from flywheel shaft. Show details ·  1
GregH
GregHSydney9 posts

Well built, hard working garden chipper

Bought chipper to clean up some overgrown bushland and maintain it.

Very happy with the build quality, ease of use and performance of the Hansa C13. We have removed more than 30 weed trees (Privet and Camphor Laural) to 8m, chipped about 20 unfortunately placed native hardwood trees to 25m (chipping everything but the trunk and heavy branches) and countless shrubs. Surprising how it can turn a huge pile of cuttings into a small pile of chips.

The machine has a big chute and the design of the blades drags in branches and vines. When you get used to the way the machine feeds, it is possible to cut the branches to suit, minimising the cutting and feed work.

Show details

Colin
Colin

Colin how do I remove the fly wheel from C13 chipper

Hansa Chippers
Hansa Chippers   DM
Dougal H.
Dougal H.

Hi. I have had a C13 for about 4 years and it is an awesome machine, especially once you get the knives ground at the right angle. The sharpener my local mower shop uses 41 degrees instead of the correct 36 degrees - after much to and thro we ended up Purchasing a linear knife surface grinder from Ali Express and now we ground our own blades

However yesterday when I went to shut off the machine the engagement handle would not turn anticlockwise to release the belts. I have now disassembled the engagement system but the handle jams in top holding block just before the thread on the handle comes through the holding block. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be bent or clogged up?

Hansa Chippers
Hansa Chippers   DM

Hi Dougal, Can you please ring Shiloh at Hansa on 1800 426 722
And he can answer your question

Tom
Tom

Hi, can anyone who has used this chipper for dry hardwood like hakea comment on the maximum log diameter this chipper will take before clogging up?

The reason that I ask, is that I have a Hansa C7, which is rated for 70mm wood, however clogs up if I put anything bigger than 30mm through it.