2Hansa C7 Chipper

90% · 283 · 10%

4.3
4.4
4.3
Easy to remove and refit blades
Precise control over output

David O.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Nai
NaiLaunceston, TAS

UNBELIEVABLE !

I have 5 acres of what was scrub and trees and fast growing natives. Provided the Blades are sharpened in due course AND the Anvil is adjusted - this C7 machine has no worthy rival, at the price. Yep. I stalled it a couple of times but that was because I was testing the machines ability - and mine as it turns out. Clever preparation with types and lengths of material/s pays dividends. A great and serviceable machine !! I got the C7 in 2020 because the Landscaper who was selling i did not realise its potential !! Lucky me as it turned out !! Show details ·  1
wildAussie l.
wildAussie l.2 posts

Awesome - perfect for small orchard

Hi - Ken from Nannup, WA. This is one of those awesome products. I've written very few reviews before, but this chipper has been so reliable and effective over the last 4 years, I just had to pass it on. It's built like a tank - very rarely jams (only when I over-feed it!), and starts every time (thanks Honda). Safe to use (with hearing protection), as the feeder chute is significantly longer than arm-length. I have 5 acres with plenty of hard river gum, black wattle and deciduous fruit tree prunings to manage throughout the year. Handles it all like a dream. Anything too big for this chipper is firewood. We highly recommend it. Show details ·  1
Dev
DevSydney, NSW2 posts

Dr John3 posts

Rzbr
Rzbr7 posts

Dr Reza Kamgarpour
Dr Reza KamgarpourSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it!

One the best in the market. Well designed and made. Been using it for a year with no problems. Best for palm leaves and tree branches smaller than 3 inches. Easy to operate and maintain. The supplier in Brisbane was a very nice and professional person. Show details ·  1
Ellis
EllisHobart, TAS2 posts

Bought one for my Dad's 70th birthday and he loves it

Purchased from Stihl Shop Port Macquarie who were' awesome to deal with. Happily delivered to the Island Trader to be shipped to Lord Howe Island for my old man.
It arrived a week ago and he has used it most days around the place. I got him the tow hitch which works well with his ride on.
Works great with all the kentia palm leaves on the island. Show details ·  2
Michael K
Michael KSydney Surrounds, NSW2 posts

HANSA C7

had lots of chippers shredders,bought this used about 4 year ago after adjusting new blades and putting new belts on it has completed an enormous amount of work I have cut down 20 trees on this house block there are lots that remain and require general trimming, would love to get the later model I have used it to chip leftover timber it has saved a lot more than its purchase cost in tip fees and the time it takes to complete a task, recommend these machines excellent value, never mind the cost look at what it does. Show details ·  1
Garden Fanatic
Garden Fanatic

Hansa C7 is just amazing

The Hansa C7 is the perfect machine for a lifestyle block. I find myself using it 2-3 times a week and have owned it for a couple of years now. Its had a service (thanks to the excellent service standards of STIHL Shop in Richmond) - belt replaced but not much else. Of course, you need to take care of the machine and not overload it or put anything too large in but that is just common sense. Show details ·  1
DHT
DHT7 posts

Ruth
Ruth

Absolute frustration

Have given up on this machine bought new. So frustrating to have to stop it constantly due to clogging. Won’t take anything slightly moist. So temperamental I’ve gone back to burning. Easy to start. Previously made all my own garden compost with another brand which was hard to start but chewed through everything.

Hansa Chippers
Hansa Chippers   DM
Mark Radnor
Mark RadnorWangaratta10 posts

Excellent. Wish I'd bought one 20 years ago

I've been burning all my garden waste for years.....what a pity. This machine is easy to start, easy to use, chomps up big branches, and produces mulch. It's all made with high quality components and finishes, and a Honda motor, will last me years. I've already sharpened the blades, easy to do and a delight to see how well it is all made.

Bernard Flynn
Bernard FlynnSouth West, WA9 posts

The machine is more than adequate for our 1/2 acre property

The machine can handle most twigs and branches provided that you feed in with caution. I sometimes experience blockages with wet leaves and branches. The engine has been easy to start so far and has not stalled under heavy loads and seems suitably sized for the application.The only problem has been with one wheel which was damaged prior to delivery (the rim was dented) causing repeated slow leaks and flats. Hansa have now replaced the wheel.

Graham

I have a second hand C7 chipper the pulley on the drive shaft of the chipper was slipping on the shaft I have disassembled the shaft from the pulley but there doesn’t appear to be a key or groove for a key on the shaft. I did notice sparks coming from the area before I pulled it apart. Should there be a key groove in the drive shaft to the chipper section.

Steve b

For memory in changing the belt you unbolt the motor. Was pretty simple. Just lined it up by eye. The new belt was initially a little tight (as they all are ) but loosened up pretty quickly and now runs perfectly.

Graham

Thanks belts are ok the pulley was turning on the shaft to the chipper. I pulled it apart and in the process of reassembly. Doesn’t appear to have a key on the shaft but has some sort of bush hopefully it was only loose.

Steve b

Sorry, didnt get the gist of your original post. Havent had this issue. Let us know how it goes...

Steve777

Hi, I have a C7 I bought new about two years ago, it has probably done 2 - 3 hours work in that time. I didn’t use it at all last year due to injuries and surgeries. Chipping some green gum tree branches and leaves maximum 30mm and the chute keeps clogging. I had to lift the cover a couple of times to clear it and have adjusted the belt as per the instructions. Also it’s not chopping the leaves at all, any suggestions?

Steve777

Thanks Steve, appreciate the reply, I will check the blades. Have only used green waste so I am surprised that they need sharpening so soon.

Mrerolazman

hi there, I have an older model c7 chipper I brought second hand (2009 model), the bottom of the in-feed chute is starting to split from left the right side walls (bottom end close to the housing). ive noticed that the natural vibration of machine is slowly leading to a larger split. im at a point where I would need to repair the chute by welding it? (is it aluminium or metal) or replace the chute altogther. can I still get this older 2009 in-feed chute, or replace it the current model in-feed chute?, need some guidance..
thanks in advance...

Hansa Chippers
Hansa Chippers   DM
Mrerolazman

i normally sharpen them often. i had a brief period where i used blunt knives. but i wont be doing that again. repair by welding?

Features:

• The Hansa C7 Chipper has a maximum branch size of 7cm, letting you easily process branches of a medium thicker.
  • It’s a petrol-powered unit with a fuel tank size of 3.1L, letting you use the unit wherever you want in your yard.
  • The machine is made of steel, has a 5mm thick housing, and a 40mm shaft, making for a sturdy build that will last you many years.
  • It has a large, self-feeding chute angled at an ergonomic operating height, making it simple to use - this is made even simpler by the fact that you don’t need to precut branches before inserting them.
  • The garden shredder uses a powerful Honda GX500, 6.5 horsepower engine that’s simple to get up and running.
  • Built-in handles, pneumatic wheels, a design with a low centre of gravity, and an optional tow bar make it easy to transport and manoeuvre.
  • This unit costs $3100, and comes with a 3-year global warranty.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the blades on the Hansa C7 Chipper were easy to remove and refit.
  • They also appreciated the high output capability, saying that it was easily adjustable to give precise control over how far they wanted the chips to go.
  • Reviewers also noted that the machine was economical, as it runs a long time on a single tank.
CategoryGarden Shredders