Hansa C7

Hansa C7

Hansa C7 is just amazing

The Hansa C7 is the perfect machine for a lifestyle block. I find myself using it 2-3 times a week and have owned it for a couple of years now. Its had a service (thanks to the excellent service standards of STIHL Shop in Richmond) - belt replaced but not much else. Of course, you need to take care of the machine and not overload it or put anything too large in but that is just common sense.

Purchased in January 2017 at Stihl Dealer.

Blade Durability
John L.Hansa Chippers

Thanks you for your review Garden Fanatic. We're so pleased to hear that you are satisfied with your machine and the service provided through our dealers.
Kind Regards,
The Hansa Team

DHT

DHT

Great mulching machine perfect for my needs

Hi DHT,
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you are satisfied with your purchase and wish you many more happy years of chipping. :-)
Kind regards,
The Hansa Team.

Absolute frustration

Have given up on this machine bought new. So frustrating to have to stop it constantly due to clogging. Won’t take anything slightly moist. So temperamental I’ve gone back to burning. Easy to start. Previously made all my own garden compost with another brand which was hard to start but chewed through everything.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Mark RadnorWangaratta

Excellent. Wish I'd bought one 20 years ago.

I've been burning all my garden waste for years.....what a pity. This machine is easy to start, easy to use, chomps up big branches, and produces mulch. It's all made with high quality components and finishes, and a Honda motor, will last me years. I've already sharpened the blades, easy to do and a delight to see how well it is all made.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Bernard FlynnSouth West, WA

The machine is more than adequate for our 1/2 acre property

The machine can handle most twigs and branches provided that you feed in with caution. I sometimes experience blockages with wet leaves and branches. The engine has been easy to start so far and has not stalled under heavy loads and seems suitably sized for the application.The only problem has been with one wheel which was damaged prior to delivery (the rim was dented) causing repeated slow leaks and flats. Hansa have now replaced the wheel.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Glen

GlenBrisbane

8+ years and still going strong

Date PurchasedJan 2009

Value for money

Hard to receive value nowadays but the Hansa C7 Chipper has been one.My honest opinion is if you maintain this machine ,keep the blades sharp and set correctly, grease the nibbles and follow manufactures recommendations this machine for the average household should last a lifetime.That would make it great value in my opinion.I made the mistake of lending it to my neighbour and he dropped a set of hand held hardened secateurs into the machine, that was no problem for Hansa C7 they came out the chute in about 400 pieces and he then carried on chipping for the rest of the day.When I found out I checked the machine over for damage and only found the blades needed sharpening. I'm very happy with our machine and love the mulch.

Date PurchasedMay 2010

Mark BarnesDarwin, NT

What an awesome machine

Date PurchasedDec 2017
John L.Hansa Chippers

Hi Mark, thanks for the great review! Look forward to the update.

John L.Hansa Chippers

Hi Mark, thanks for the great suggestion, the torque settings will be included in the next manual update due in February 2018. If you wish, we can send you the updated version when available. Send an email to admin@hansachippers.com.au.

Wayne

WayneNewcastle

zero warranty.

the machine is made very heavy, yet not strong enough to run up and down a ramp for transport. and the PR guy is not a reasonable person (like most) I've had bolts come loose and snap off, being soft metal. now I need to weld an angle between the axels to stop the tyres rubbing against the machine.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Fantastic Chipper!

I am a professional gardener in Melbourne and I use my Hansa C7 Chipper almost everyday. Has saved me a fortune in tipping costs as I just shred everything into the trailer. I can fit 3 trailer loads of rubbish into a single trailer and only get charged once! I have put entire trees through this thing and chipped it up.

Only issue... get a bottle of Locktight and make sure all nuts and bolts are secure as they will vibrate off with extended use.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great Chipper - proud to say its Australian

Did everything i expected plus more. What a fantastic chipper. Makes me proud to be Australian with a high quality product like this going around. Never faulted once, and never did it let me down. The product is just QUALITY PLUS and unlike any other out there. Go Hansa. .

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Review collected in partnership with Hansa Chippers

Nuts getting loose very often, machine stops frequently, unable to transport for repairs as it is to

Unless you have a Trailer, should not buy this chipper. Not good for average back yard, very heavy and nobody wants to transport. Very noisy.
I asked the dealer to pick up and repair the Chipper that I would pay the cost, did not have any corporation from the dealer, contacted manufacturer who advise me to take to any Mover shop. Mover shop could not repair it.

Date PurchasedNov 2013

Deedub

DeedubMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Incredible, much better than expected!

Bought an electric 'mulcher' from a popular hardware dealership - it was a waste of money. Kept jamming and just couldn't do the job. After this disaster, we tried hard to justify the heaps more dollars to buy the C7. Simply we shouldn't have worried and should have bought the C7 first. It works brilliantly with everything we can throw at it on our 9 acre property. It continually surprises us just how good it is at chipping and mulching everything we put through it, and gives us good mulch for our garden. Totally recommend this product.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Does what it says it will.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Captjas

CaptjasSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great poduct

Had this chipper working hard for 18 months now , only had to sharpen blades as you would expect ,,, if your thinking about a purchase ,rest assured you will not be disappointed , we use ours every two weeks and mulch our garden , this machine eats eats and eats , 5 stars

Zaphod

ZaphodQueensland

Solid

Date PurchasedApr 2016

sos_nz

sos_nzPalmerston North

Very solid, reliable performer for the home garden

TIG65

TIG65

Very well designed machine that excels

Well the Hansa replaced a very ordinary Peacemaker that kept braking crankshafts and never did a great job.

The Hansa shreds 10 times faster than the Peacemaker ever did and is a superior belt driven design.
This means it's easier to start as the heavy fly wheel is decoupled reducing stresses on the motor.

Great Honda motor runs smoothly and starts easily.
Overall a very well designed and built shredder but expensive.

It's nice when a machine just does its job with no fuss!

johnh72

johnh72AU

Works well for for certain workloads; with one key design fault

Date PurchasedSep 2015

roblanMid North Coast, NSW

The Best Mulcher Shredder on the Market

roblan

It's been 6 months since i posted this comment, re my Hansa C7 shredder. I still stand by my comments, it starts first time every time, and doe's an excellent job. I am NOT Sorry one bit in purchasing it.

roblan

Now November, have cleaned and shredded tree branches and shrubs from approx 1 acre and its still looks and runs as well as the day I purchased it. ( starts first go every time )

Singam A.

Singam A.asked

What is the Belt Size For C7 ?

Hi Singam,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Our C7 chipper is driven by 2 x A21 V-Belts.

Kind Regards,
The Hansa Team

PaulD

PaulDasked

Our C7 seems to be chewing up the drive belts, have replaced them 4 times since we bought the unit ( 4years now). Is there a way to stop this happening, or better belts available.

Mark Radnor

I've never needed to replace a drive belt..... so I assume you've either got them too tight or too loose.

Bernard Flynn

I suspect the drive belts are too loose. There is an adjustment to allow for belt wear. Hansa should be contacted.

Hi Paul,

There are a few contributing factors which may cause belt failure on your machine, these are:

- Over / under tensioning;
- Machine overload;
- Pulley misalignment;
- Idler wheel seized;
- Interference within the belt drive itself.

It is critical to ensure when tensioning your new belts, that you always ensure they are engaged with 1 turn of tension, this detailed on page 12 of our C7 Operations, Maintenance and Safety Manual.

If you require a copy of the above manual, please do not hesitate to email us at info@hansaproducts.com.au and we can arrange to forward either a copy via email or by mail.

ian

ianasked

Hi Hansa thanks for answer about toi toi etc. What is the max diameter of bambo would a C7 handle ok. Both freshly cut and dried bambo And any hints...

Hi Ian,
It is recommended the maximum chipping capacity of any material processed through our C7 chipper is 70 mm. The drier the material e.g. Hardwood, the harder wearing on your blades. We would also suggest where possible varying the load and substance of materials processed through your machine to guarantee ultimate results and minimise wear and tear on your machine.

Get an answer from our members and Hansa Chippers representatives