Hansa C7 Chipper

Hansa C7 Chipper

4.5

• Portability
  • Blade Durability

Great machine, recommended for small acerage And/ or serious gardener

Purchased in August 2020 for A$3,000.00.

Rzbr
Rzbr

Correction: there is a small drain hole at the bottom of the blade enclosure that allows liquid to escape

Dr Reza Kamgarpour

Dr Reza KamgarpourSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it!

One the best in the market. Well designed and made. Been using it for a year with no problems. Best for palm leaves and tree branches smaller than 3 inches. Easy to operate and maintain. The supplier in Brisbane was a very nice and professional person.

Purchased in February 2019.

John L.Hansa Chippers

Thank you Dr Kamgarpour for you comments, we are glad you love your C7 chipper.

EllisHobart, TAS

Bought one for my Dad's 70th birthday and he loves it.

Purchased from Stihl Shop Port Macquarie who were' awesome to deal with. Happily delivered to the Island Trader to be shipped to Lord Howe Island for my old man.
It arrived a week ago and he has used it most days around the place. I got him the tow hitch which works well with his ride on.
Works great with all the kentia palm leaves on the island.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$3,100.00.

John L.Hansa Chippers

Hi Ellis, We are glad your dad loves his new C7. It's also great that the guys from the Stihl Shop Port Macquarie were so awesome to deal with.

Thanks' John.
I'm looking forward to seeing his gardens when I head home in December (COVID dependant)!

Michael K

Michael KSydney Surrounds, NSW

HANSA C7

had lots of chippers shredders,bought this used about 4 year ago after adjusting new blades and putting new belts on it has completed an enormous amount of work I have cut down 20 trees on this house block there are lots that remain and require general trimming, would love to get the later model I have used it to chip leftover timber it has saved a lot more than its purchase cost in tip fees and the time it takes to complete a task, recommend these machines excellent value, never mind the cost look at what it does.

Purchased in March 2015.

Hansa C7 is just amazing

The Hansa C7 is the perfect machine for a lifestyle block. I find myself using it 2-3 times a week and have owned it for a couple of years now. Its had a service (thanks to the excellent service standards of STIHL Shop in Richmond) - belt replaced but not much else. Of course, you need to take care of the machine and not overload it or put anything too large in but that is just common sense.

Purchased in January 2017 at Stihl Dealer.

John L.Hansa Chippers

Thanks you for your review Garden Fanatic. We're so pleased to hear that you are satisfied with your machine and the service provided through our dealers.
Kind Regards,
The Hansa Team

DHT

DHT

Great mulching machine perfect for my needs

Hi DHT,
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you are satisfied with your purchase and wish you many more happy years of chipping. :-)
Kind regards,
The Hansa Team.

Absolute frustration

Have given up on this machine bought new. So frustrating to have to stop it constantly due to clogging. Won’t take anything slightly moist. So temperamental I’ve gone back to burning. Easy to start. Previously made all my own garden compost with another brand which was hard to start but chewed through everything.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Mark Radnor

Mark RadnorWangaratta

Excellent. Wish I'd bought one 20 years ago.

I've been burning all my garden waste for years.....what a pity. This machine is easy to start, easy to use, chomps up big branches, and produces mulch. It's all made with high quality components and finishes, and a Honda motor, will last me years. I've already sharpened the blades, easy to do and a delight to see how well it is all made.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Bernard Flynn

Bernard FlynnSouth West, WA

The machine is more than adequate for our 1/2 acre property

The machine can handle most twigs and branches provided that you feed in with caution. I sometimes experience blockages with wet leaves and branches. The engine has been easy to start so far and has not stalled under heavy loads and seems suitably sized for the application.The only problem has been with one wheel which was damaged prior to delivery (the rim was dented) causing repeated slow leaks and flats. Hansa have now replaced the wheel.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Glen

GlenBrisbane

8+ years and still going strong

Date PurchasedJan 2009

Value for money

Hard to receive value nowadays but the Hansa C7 Chipper has been one.My honest opinion is if you maintain this machine ,keep the blades sharp and set correctly, grease the nibbles and follow manufactures recommendations this machine for the average household should last a lifetime.That would make it great value in my opinion.I made the mistake of lending it to my neighbour and he dropped a set of hand held hardened secateurs into the machine, that was no problem for Hansa C7 they came out the chute in about 400 pieces and he then carried on chipping for the rest of the day.When I found out I checked the machine over for damage and only found the blades needed sharpening. I'm very happy with our machine and love the mulch.

Date PurchasedMay 2010

Mark BarnesDarwin, NT

What an awesome machine

Date PurchasedDec 2017
John L.Hansa Chippers

Hi Mark, thanks for the great review! Look forward to the update.

John L.Hansa Chippers

Hi Mark, thanks for the great suggestion, the torque settings will be included in the next manual update due in February 2018. If you wish, we can send you the updated version when available. Send an email to admin@hansachippers.com.au.

Wayne

WayneNewcastle

zero warranty.

the machine is made very heavy, yet not strong enough to run up and down a ramp for transport. and the PR guy is not a reasonable person (like most) I've had bolts come loose and snap off, being soft metal. now I need to weld an angle between the axels to stop the tyres rubbing against the machine.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Fantastic Chipper!

I am a professional gardener in Melbourne and I use my Hansa C7 Chipper almost everyday. Has saved me a fortune in tipping costs as I just shred everything into the trailer. I can fit 3 trailer loads of rubbish into a single trailer and only get charged once! I have put entire trees through this thing and chipped it up.

Only issue... get a bottle of Locktight and make sure all nuts and bolts are secure as they will vibrate off with extended use.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great Chipper - proud to say its Australian

Did everything i expected plus more. What a fantastic chipper. Makes me proud to be Australian with a high quality product like this going around. Never faulted once, and never did it let me down. The product is just QUALITY PLUS and unlike any other out there. Go Hansa. .

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Find out how Hansa C7 Chipper compares to other Garden Shredders

Nuts getting loose very often, machine stops frequently, unable to transport for repairs as it is to

Unless you have a Trailer, should not buy this chipper. Not good for average back yard, very heavy and nobody wants to transport. Very noisy.
I asked the dealer to pick up and repair the Chipper that I would pay the cost, did not have any corporation from the dealer, contacted manufacturer who advise me to take to any Mover shop. Mover shop could not repair it.

Date PurchasedNov 2013
Deedub

DeedubMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Incredible, much better than expected!

Bought an electric 'mulcher' from a popular hardware dealership - it was a waste of money. Kept jamming and just couldn't do the job. After this disaster, we tried hard to justify the heaps more dollars to buy the C7. Simply we shouldn't have worried and should have bought the C7 first. It works brilliantly with everything we can throw at it on our 9 acre property. It continually surprises us just how good it is at chipping and mulching everything we put through it, and gives us good mulch for our garden. Totally recommend this product.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Does what it says it will.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Captjas

CaptjasSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great poduct

Had this chipper working hard for 18 months now , only had to sharpen blades as you would expect ,,, if your thinking about a purchase ,rest assured you will not be disappointed , we use ours every two weeks and mulch our garden , this machine eats eats and eats , 5 stars

Zaphod