VerifiedMPN:RSH2445S

• +1Thumbnail
Ckerr
CkerrWallan83 posts

Excellent!!!!!

I bought my Ryobi Crushing Shredder off Marketplace and am absolutely 100% pleased with it.

It’s munched up hedges and decent size branches so easily. Fantastic value. Show details

Stewart7000
Stewart7000Metropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

OK, Until need replacement parts

Had this shredder a few years working wonderfully until now. It needs repairs.
The plastic container is NOT UV stablised and disintegrates eventually. Replacement - $220
Now the touch pad circuitry has died. Replacement - $224
The cost for these two minor parts to replace, is nearly the cost of buying a new machine!
Why oh why is this the case? The bin is about 750g of plastic and the circuit board is less complicated than my microwave oven. Show details
SlimShaney
SlimShaneySydney, NSW

2x faulty machines

I returned 2 machines to Bunnings then gave up. On both we (Bunnings and I and even the Ryobi person on the phone) could not get the pins from the collection box to hit the circuit so the machine would never start. Really disappointed and wasted 3 hours. Bunnings told me someone returned it for the same reason a couple of weeks before. Seems defective. Show details
Colmas
Colmas9 posts

benny
bennyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC18 posts

Ok for small branches

Used mine for when im shredding small branches .alot do get tangled inside machine.shredder...for small trees it does the job. If ur doing a light prune. Show details
Ethel T.
Ethel T.3 posts

Shredder not cutting anymore

Love the shredder has worked really well up until now. It doesnt cut up the fronds any more they go through with bends in them but still intact. I have sharpened the blades by turning the knob clockwise till it meets metal and got metal shavings in the bin, still not doing the job. Does anyone know how to fix this problem please? Show details
Gordon B.
Gordon B.North Queensland, QLD3 posts

The only one

Have you got a palm tree problem? I have many Alexander palms around my home and although they provide great privacy cover dealing with the fallen fronds is literally a full time job. This crushing shredder is the only domestic mulcher that deals with this stringy fibrous waste. I had the model before this and wore it out. I rely this machine. Show details
Danielle
Danielle

Tedly
Tedlytedly17 posts

Very Useful

This shredder works well within the standard limitations of all shredders in dealing with fibrous and green material. It takes a while to get used to feeding efficiently.
However the little wheels make it very tippy moving it around. My garden is far from perfect; so I put on larger wheels and extended the axle (see pic). Now going up and down steps doesn't merit carrying it! Show details
NickH
NickHSydney, NSW13 posts

AMAZING - Makes me want to plant more lantana!!

I have so far put this through two 3+ hour continuous sessions mulching lantana and other branches and it hasn't missed a beat. It just keeps on going, no blocks at all despite being pushed to the limit of thickness. Honestly couldn't be happier except, for now I've run out of lantana ;-). Show details
JehazUlHaq70
JehazUlHaq70Far North Queensland, QLD3 posts

Has saved me it’s purchase price!

I use it frequently for shredding/crushing branches when I hack back the mango and the calliandras. I do leave all prunings for a week or two to dry out the leaves, otherwise they clog the blade assembly. I did a major prune last year which would have been several trips to the dump if I hadn’t had this machine. As it was, all I had was one load in back of the ute. Easy to use, easy to trundle around to where I want to work, copes easily with the 30mm and smaller branches and once inserted I walk away and get the next offering. Very happy, but hoping I can get replacement blades as I have worn through the one that came with the machine. Show details
Dan
DanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC10 posts

excellent machine

Anything that fits into the slot is decimated within seconds. Self feeding and reliable. Not as noisy as other mulchers. Need to clear the catch tray often as it exits towards one side and you do get the occasional long bits that don't cut well. But overall good value for the price. I had great fun demolishing a medium sized tree within 20 mins. Show details

Emma R.
Emma R.

Has anyone used this for chopping up eucalyptus bark? I have a large eucalyptus that sheds big strips of bark. When I put them into my old Morrison crushing shredder they just go straight through and come out unchanged!

Alexii

Sorry, but no I haven't tried our Ryobi on that type of bark yet. Must do so as we have a few trees with ribbon type bark. If I remember to do so, I'll let you know here as to my success or otherwise.

Trev

Last week I purchased the 36V Ryobi shredder. First outing it was a gem and quickly sorted a combo of palm fronds and bamboo. Second outing was with a combo of viburnum and native hibiscus that needed to be shredded.
In short it was pitiful and just kept clogging and gumming up in the crush wheel.

I rang Ryobi support and was answered by someone who struggled to speak English, unsure why, but they hung up on me. I rang again wanting to know how to unclog machine. Thankfully this person was English speaking, but were unable to assist with my query after suggesting recalibration and using the supplied push stick.

Left to sorting it myself, I then upended the machine to reveal the gummed up residue that was preventing operation. I used a screwdriver point to dislodge the material and then had to restart to turn the cylinder around to show the next gummed up area. Gradually I got it sorted and happy again. Did the recalibration and was good to go. Sadly the problem quickly re emerged despite me markedly reducing the leaf content.
To get the crush cylinder cleaned and usable again was taking 20-30 minutes.

I then decided to omit all leaf and just feed stripped down branches. Disappointingly the problem again quickly re emerged. I’ve sent a pic through to Ryobi and am awaiting a call back, but I’m thinking tomorrow I’ll have to take it back to Bunnings for a refund.

I’ve purchased a lot of Ryobi gear and have been happy with it to date and the expectations were high given the price point of $700.00, but my faith in Ryobi products has now taken a hit.

If anyone has an answer I’d be appreciative as it’s quietness and it’s power coupled to the resultant good mulch on the first outing was mightily impressive. Obviously if the material was dry it wouldn’t be an issue, but my yard space doesn’t allow for storage of garden refuse until dry.

Trev

Thanks folks, I’m thinking the same now. That’ll I’ll need to leave the material for a few days and then be sure to mix the woody stuff with the leaf material.

biggles
biggles

Can you please tell me if the cutting blade is available ?
I wish to fit it myself ,is there instructions with the replacement blade?
What is the part number and the cost of a replacement blade?
BEST MULCHER EVER OWNED,WORKING IT REALLY WELL,CONGRATS ON A WINNER !

CategoryGarden Shredders