Ryobi Crushing Shredder RSH2445S

Ryobi Crushing Shredder RSH2445S

MPN: RSH2445S
See the Best Garden Shredders in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ryobi

4.3
  • Portability
  • Blade Durability
jkgfjdgfCanberra 2600, ACT

Worked well until it died...

Bought one of these about 1 year ago. Have used it 2-3 times - probably about 5 hrs total run time. It has worked quite well but yesterday just died. Sounds like the internal gearbox is shot and the motor sounds like its jammed and the teeth will not rotate. The green power lamp just flickers. I have not exceeded the specs and have only shredded branches up to 45mm. Very disappointed that it died with so little usage. As an aside, the user manual gives NO advice as to what the flashing power lamp means....

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $399.00.

JoL
JoLSydney, NSW

Apple tree chips 2020!

We hired a petrol mulcher initially to help with our garden clean out, but it died on us half way through the job and just wouldn't start by the second day. I needed to finish off the job of mulching down the branches from our apple, orange and mandarin trees and it did the job with ease. Eats up branches even up to 5cm thick! Very happy with this Ryobi Shredder, hubby's also happy as his now got 5 trays of apple chips for his BBQ smoker. It is not a mulcher though like the higher end petrol mulchers, as it doesn't crush the woody branches, only cuts it into 'chips'. I ran the shredded chips thru the shredder a few times until I got the desired consistency to feed my compost bins.

Purchased in August 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.00.

EcpaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Most fun you will have in your garden

This machine is great. I have used it on hibiscus, roses, durantas and pretty much anything else that I can get my hands on. Previously I would spend hours cutting up material to fit it in the green bin but now I can reduce the material to mulch unbelievably quickly. It is a must have for anyone with shrubs that need to be kept under control. It won't do leaves by themselves unless they are on a stem but this does not matter - that is what a mower is for. If you enjoy mowing your grass with a hand mower and not a petrol or battery operated mower, this is not the machine for you.

Purchased in May 2020 for $399.00.

Garden Shredders

Find out how Ryobi Crushing Shredder RSH2445S compares to other Garden Shredders

Ian
IanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Super machine. Does what it says with ease.

Purchased in April 2020 at Bunnings for $399.00.

Mark van Hees
Mark van HeesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Awesome crusher that shreds green waste easily

Purchased in April 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $400.00.

pont67
pont67AU

Powerful unit for the price.

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.00.

Braam
BraamSydney

Does what it says!

Seems to be the same as the previous model Rsh2445T.
Shredded 7 cubic meters of branches, hedging with leaves, palm prongs mix of wet and dry. Did not skip a beat. Seriously impressed. Easy to set the blades as per instructions. Most cuttings are around 1-2cm in size. I did cut many branches wet and dry that I could only fit and it seems to really prefer those. Sucks it all in.
Wish it had a bigger bin! But that’s it. Money well spent!

David B
David Basked

How does it go with bamboo?

Brigitte O.
Brigitte O.asked

Are replacement blades still available for a 2400W Crushing Shredder - Model RSH2445S, and how do you replace them? All I could find in the manual was "how to sharpen them".

Ecpaul

Not sure - sorry. I would check with Bunnings or call up Ryobi.

Chas T.
Chas T.asked

does it shred we leaves

Ecpaul

I have never used it just for leaves. I have used it to do trimmings of murayas, hibiscus, etc. I doubt that would work only on leaves. It does do palm fronds.

jkgfjdgf

No. It’s designed to crunch twigs branches (up to about 35mm in diameter). The output is kind of like wood chips. If you put leaves in they just come out unchanged.

See all Ryobi Crushing Shredder RSH2445S questions

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives