Ryobi Crushing Shredder RSH2445S

• Portability
  • Blade Durability
jkgfjdgf

jkgfjdgfCanberra 2600, ACT

Worked well until it died...

Bought one of these about 1 year ago. Have used it 2-3 times - probably about 5 hrs total run time. It has worked quite well but yesterday just died. Sounds like the internal gearbox is shot and the motor sounds like its jammed and the teeth will not rotate. The green power lamp just flickers. I have not exceeded the specs and have only shredded branches up to 45mm. Very disappointed that it died with so little usage. As an aside, the user manual gives NO advice as to what the flashing power lamp means....

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for A$399.00.

JoL

JoLSydney, NSW

Apple tree chips 2020!

We hired a petrol mulcher initially to help with our garden clean out, but it died on us half way through the job and just wouldn't start by the second day. I needed to finish off the job of mulching down the branches from our apple, orange and mandarin trees and it did the job with ease. Eats up branches even up to 5cm thick! Very happy with this Ryobi Shredder, hubby's also happy as his now got 5 trays of apple chips for his BBQ smoker. It is not a mulcher though like the higher end petrol mulchers, as it doesn't crush the woody branches, only cuts it into 'chips'. I ran the shredded chips thru the shredder a few times until I got the desired consistency to feed my compost bins.

Purchased in August 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$399.00.

EcpaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Most fun you will have in your garden

This machine is great. I have used it on hibiscus, roses, durantas and pretty much anything else that I can get my hands on. Previously I would spend hours cutting up material to fit it in the green bin but now I can reduce the material to mulch unbelievably quickly. It is a must have for anyone with shrubs that need to be kept under control. It won't do leaves by themselves unless they are on a stem but this does not matter - that is what a mower is for. If you enjoy mowing your grass with a hand mower and not a petrol or battery operated mower, this is not the machine for you.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$399.00.

Garden Shredders

Find out how Ryobi Crushing Shredder RSH2445S compares to other Garden Shredders

IanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Super machine. Does what it says with ease.

Purchased in April 2020 at Bunnings for A$399.00.

Mark van Hees

Mark van HeesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Awesome crusher that shreds green waste easily

Purchased in April 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$400.00.

pont67

pont67AU

Powerful unit for the price.

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$399.00.

Braam

BraamSydney

Does what it says!

Seems to be the same as the previous model Rsh2445T.
Shredded 7 cubic meters of branches, hedging with leaves, palm prongs mix of wet and dry. Did not skip a beat. Seriously impressed. Easy to set the blades as per instructions. Most cuttings are around 1-2cm in size. I did cut many branches wet and dry that I could only fit and it seems to really prefer those. Sucks it all in.
Wish it had a bigger bin! But that’s it. Money well spent!

paul . p.

paul . p.asked

where to get replacement blades for the crusher shredder RSH2445S

Ecpaul

Sorry _- I don't know. Hopefully Bunnings where I purchased it from. But I think the blade would take a while to wear out.

johnny d.

johnny d.asked

Whats the differance between silent shredder and crushing shredder the crushing shredder costs more.....

Ecpaul

I bought the cheaper one - about $330 from Bunnings - to get rid of some duranta printings. It's shredding mechanism is like the blades on your mower. It got clogged continuously. The dearer one has a cruncher where the blade operates vertically. This means it is self feeding. It has never clogged. It is much quieter than the cheaper one and much solider. Bunnings took the cheaper one back. I asked why they sold the cheaper one and was told people have different price points. The cruncher has a 7 year warranty. I strongly recommend it. Neither will do leaves. The cruncher will do palm fronds - the cheaper one won't.
I hope this helps.

Ian

Indeed, I'd just add that the crushing shredder also has the surprisingly powerful variable speed motor, & fairly quiet, plus a translucent 55L vs. 40L black hopper bin which is also an advantage. Mine has never clogged or been unable to deal with whatever prunings I can feed into it (fruit & nut trees, native shrubs etc no palms) including leafy stuff. Leaves tend to be more mushed than shredded in my case. I'm glad I paid the bit extra for a good machine that's easy to use and perfect for my shredding needs. I think gets many good reviews for a reason.I hope this helps with decision making, too.

Ian

...and there's the Ryobi website: www.ryobi.com.au/outdoor/products/list/category/shredders

HeatherPasked

The chopping blades on my shredder aren’t rotating but the motor is working fine. It’s only about 3 months old too. Any suggestions?

Pete
Pete

Broken belt drive my friend.

HeatherP

☹️ But thanks for getting back to me

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

• MPN: RSH2445S