32Hill's Prescription Diet Dry Cat Food

Cat Man
alexcjwalsh
alexcjwalshSydney, NSW22 posts
  t/d Dental Care Feline

Nothing diet or prescription in it, nothing good for cats in this chemical laden extruded road kill/ diseased animals

Kibble is bad for cats and dogs fullstop. Nowhere near enough moisture (10% only - canned or raw has 80%). There is NO kibble that will clean teeth, none. There are no biscuits to clean human teeth, right? Dried seaweed (sticks to teeth and dissolves plaque) or toothpaste for cats and dogs. 'Prescription' is just a name Hill's use on their products, there is no medicine in this product and you do not need a prescription to buy it. Vets are paid to promote this 'food' and it certainly generates work for vets with dealing with rotten teeth, diabetes, urinary issues, cancer, allergies etc. So do your pet a favour and watch via YouTube 'Petfooled' and start your education so that your pet THRIVES rather than just SURVIVES.  Show details
Cor
Cor
  k/d Feline Kidney Care

Felines don't eat rice or carrots

We bought the Hills Kidney Care vegetable and tuna stew. Anyone who thinks that putting carrots and rice into a carnivores diet and then charging through the nose for it is ridiculous, and doesn't deserve your money. Yes they are supposed to have a lower protein diet, no, carrots and rice don't do the trick. You end up with a whole bunch of useless food that you paid for that the cat won't eat. Why Trust your ill loved ones diet with a company that has no idea what your loved one needs?

Nia
NiaAdelaide4 posts

My cat really likes it

The vet suggested that we begin feeding our cat t/d dental mix as he was starting to show signs of gingivitis. The biscuits are larger than most other cat biscuits we've tried in the past. My cat can be a bit picky but loves t/d. His teeth have been looking a lot cleaner too!

Sassy
Sassy

Cats hate the food

It's hard enough when you have a sick kitty with kidney failure and then we try and force them to eat food they don't like. I've had 3 cats with kidney failure and I had to syringe feed...( which stresses out an already sick cat ), the kd canned food to them so they would get some nutrition. All of my cats hated the food. They need something better tasting for the poor kitties who are already suffering with kidney failure. If I ever get another cat I will definitely do the raw food diet so my cat doesn't end up having to eat something so awful.

Mummytotwo
MummytotwoBrisbane, Queensland9 posts
  t/d Dental Care Feline

Great for cats teeth and they love it

My Kitty has been on T/D Feline dry food ever since she was one year old, she is now 6.

I don't give her this as her daily everyday dry food as she is on Hills Science Hairball control food, she only has 7 pieces in the morning and 5 at night and it has done wonders to her teeth, gums and breath.

Love Hills Science Diet food/s, but they can be very expensive.

Dani
Dani
  t/d Dental Care Feline

The only dry food my cat will eat

I hsve been giving this to my adopted cat for more than 3 years. Her teeth are beautiful

Even vets comment. They fed thst to her at Lort Smith where i adopted her from.

td Whittle
td WhittleMelbourne5 posts

Lives up to its claims

We began feeding our cat t/d a few months ago, hoping to improve his teeth and gums. Our vet said this food works and she was quite right. Our kitty loves the kibble, has a beautiful coat, and is in fine health. His teeth and gums look so much better! We feed him some meat too but t/d is his main food.

Lewie Roma
Lewie Roma3 posts
  t/d Dental Care Feline

Why change the recipe of CD cat biscuits

Have been using Hills CD Bladder health for my cat for the last 3 years and had no problems until I purchased a new bag last week. I did notice the packaging had changed but was not concerned until my cat would not even look at them. Rang the vet and they were told the packaging had changed but the recipe was the same.yeah right tell my cat that.7 days later and still will not touch them.

I did get hold of some wet Royal Canin Urinary S/O and he seem to like it so I have order some dry biscuits in that brand (fingers crossed.by by Hills)

Legs
Legs4 posts
honestopinion
honestopinion53 posts
Carol D
Carol D
  t/d Dental Care Feline

My cats love it and it works

I've been feeding all my cats T/D and have so far avoided $400+ teeth cleaning bills. One slightly inflamed gum that has not progressed in years. I just got a new kitten and he prefers Science Diet to special kitten food. I'm at odds with the breeder who insists on another brand I can't find, but he's happy and I have reluctant agreement that it's ok for kittens. I buy the biggest bag and they eat it happily

Frannie
FranniePETERBOROUGH3 posts
Lyn 56
Lyn 56Mid North Coast, NSW20 posts

QLDZDR
QLDZDR · Dry Cat Food

Our Hills Prescription biome cat food medicine is being delivered during a Queensland heatwave. I have been trying to get an email reply about confirmation of appropriate delivery instructions accompanying the parcel when it was given to Australia Post.

I have sent a message to Australia Post, please note:

The contents of our delivery from Pet Barn MacGregor is Hills Prescription medication to be kept in temperature below 35°C while stored/transported. It is biome bet prescription and any temp above 38°C storage will severely compromise the effectiveness of the medication.

How is this prescription item being stored at Redbank postal facility and how is it being transported during a heatwave in the postal vans?

Sammie20
Sammie20 · k/d Feline Kidney Care with Chicken Dry Cat Food

I have tried hills kd cat food and my cat will not eat it ..or only lick it for a small taste. Can you offer any suggestions on how I can get her to eat this food? The vet recommended this product and I know it is a good quality of food. Help please.

thylacine
thylacine

Have you tried warming it a little? Often cats will respond better to that. I had to try a few brands before my boy settled on the Hill's though, there are other options including preparing your own food, recipes are around if you search..

Compare all Hill's Prescription Diet Dry Cat Food listings
Pros
    Contains Vitamins A, E and C
    Suitable for everyday use
    Can clean teeth
Cons
Uses by-products & corn
Expensive