73Black Hawk Cat Food

95% · 962 · 2%
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten, Adult and Senior
Side Effects Yes · No
4.5
Smell
4.4

Caty
CatySouth East Queensland, QLD7 posts
  Dry Cat Food Original Chicken & Kangaroo
Smell
Artemis
Artemis24 posts
  Wet Grain Free

Now made in Thailand

Black Hawk has changed its cat food offerings. I feed my cats Black Hawk because it WAS made in Australia, it's grain free and the cats like it. I was nervous about the very expansive and new range on offer and as it turns out, rightly so. Despite the Australian theme on the website, the new wet food (I have the Chicken and Whitefish one) is MADE IN THAILAND. In other words, offshore, in a country that does not share Australia's regulatory framework for ingredients and manufacturing and at a loss to Australian jobs.

The Website does not seem to acknowledge this.

I'm off to find food that is made in Australia, or, as second best, New Zealand. My new Black Hawk is going in the bin.

Emma-Lee
Emma-Lee3 posts
  Dry Cat Food Healthy Benefits Indoor

Our fussy boys devour these

Struggling to find food that Roger and Steven will both actually eat. It’s a nice surprise that they both devour Blackhawk. Their coats have brilliant shine and their overall condition has improved since changing to Blackhawk. Show details ·  1
Ash C.
Ash C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts
  Dry Cat Food Original Chicken & Rice

Cat loves it - extremely good value

An 8kg bag last my one cat 4 months. She only needs half a cup per day. She prefers this to wet food so I don't need to buy wet food anymore. She likes both the chicken/rice and the fish. Her fur is soft and she is a healthy weight. I notice her stools are firm and don't stink much at all.
Worked out it costs me about the same as one large takeaway coffee per week to feed her - about 5 dollars. Show details ·  1
Karl R.
Karl R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts
  Wet Mature Cat Food Grain Free Chicken with Salmon

Good Gravy, Catman!

My two cats have eaten Black Hawk dry for the whole of their nine years, with various wet tins or pouches frequently added. I grabbed the 12 free pouches that came with a bag of grainfree, and was quite surprised to see each of them lick all of the jelly off their serving and then walk away. Upon inspection I see that the pieces in the jelly are more like bits of processed loaf than of salmon or chicken meat. Nothing wrong with that, I'm sure it's quality stuff — but my two cats have acted similarly with foods of this type, and the result is always the same. Maybe it's just them. They both now will only eat the new grainfree dry food, so that is 10/10. Show details
Black Hawk Pet Care   DM

Long time Black Hawk fans in your household! Thank you for your valued feedback :)

Courtney
Courtney11 posts
  Dry Cat Food Original Chicken & Rice

My cat loves it! She’s a snob!

My cat came from a shelter and off Whiskas so we were expecting issues when changing over food. No issues though and she’s super fussy. Loves it and when she was in the vet for a few days she wouldn’t eat anything even the roast chicken they offered her so I brought in her Blackhawk and she demolished it. Then for her birthday one year we wanted to treat her to some wet food, she ate her kibble around it. Great product!! Show details ·  1
Emily
Emily

Great all rounder food

I have 5 cats in the age group of 3 years to 7 years. All cats enjoy the food and its great because we can buy it in 15kg bags. Show details ·  1
Smell
Xzavia H.
Xzavia H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

Our cats are in love

Our boys love this dry food. And I have peace of mind knowing it’s an excellent source of nutrition for them with no nasties. Show details ·  1
Smell
Cassandra K.
Cassandra K.Sydney Surrounds, NSW
  Fair Incentive Dry Cat Food Grain Free Duck and Fish

No more red skin

After trying different dry foods for our cat. We were struggling with red itchy skin.
Changed her to grain free that was not chicken based and we are free from redness :)
She loves it - not sure why i didnt think of it earlier. Show details ·  1
ZOE
ZOESydney, NSW
  Dry Cat Food Grain Free Chicken and Turkey
kai
kai

My cat loves it!

My cat's fur has become really silky and smooth after eating Black Hawk chicken and rice cat food. Our vet even commented on her fur quality when we brought her in for vaccinations. Show details
Mel
MelGippsland, VIC2 posts
  Dry Cat Food Original Chicken & Rice

my cats love this product

never seen my cats move so fast when you open the bag Show details ·  1
HeresHoping
HeresHopingIllawarra, NSW4 posts
  Fair Incentive Dry Cat Food Grain Free Chicken and Turkey

Cat is addicted

Our 12-year-old cat was eating a different brand of premium grain-free dry food. It became hard to get, so I thought I’d try this one from Black Hawk, as well as one from another brand. We served both of the new dry foods, in separate bowls. The cat immediately scoffed the Black Hawk, ignored the other one, and hasn’t looked back. She’s enjoying this much more than the previous one she’d been eating. Show details ·  1
Dianne. M
Dianne. MAlice Springs, NT2 posts
  Verified Dry Cat Food Original Chicken & Rice

When Your Cats Are Everything

My cats enjoy the small parcels of goodness in each kibble bite. They do not hesitate, and they smash it until full. It is important my cats have a good diet, and I really appreciate the goodness in BlackHawk, and the dedication to meeting my cats' needs. They are super happy, healthy and have lovely coats. Show details ·  1
Debbie Jan  Webby
Debbie Jan WebbyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts
  Fair Incentive Dry Cat Food Original Chicken & Rice

This is the only food that my cat eats

My cat will only eat kibble so she needs a high quality food, she seems to thrive on this. Show details ·  1