4Hill's Science Diet Kitten Chicken Recipe

40%20%40%

Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Side Effects Yes ·
1.0
Smell
3.0

Natalie
NatalieCanberra 2600, ACT8 posts

Kittens hate it

I imagine this is the equivalent of only eating bitter lettuce leaves yoir whole life. My kittens hate it but LOVE royal cannin. The pet shop sold this to me because of the fat:protein ratios but they are comparable across all kitten biscuits. She also said that they had "science" in them. I don't think there's any science behind it, and the ingredients are again comparable across brands. I think it's all hype and strategic marketing - and obviously vets and pet stores get a nice profit. I would not force my kittens to eat cardboard their whole lives and honestly I think it's a bit cruel if you only feed your animals this stuff. Imagine never being able to eat tasty food. I wasted my money. Will switch to royal cannin. Show details
Smell
Gemma
GemmaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC4 posts

1st Choice Product !

Fed both my kittens this until they reached 14 months very happy with the product, compared to other brands I looked into this one had the highest nutritional value. I have noticed that both my cats maintain smooth shiny coats on the Hill's Science Diet range. Show details
purplethings
purplethingsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC36 posts

Kitty loved it

We fed our kitten this food until he was 1 and he loved it. It was what he was given whilst at the rescue centre and the vet recommended it also so we kept giving it to him. Never had any issue with it. It is a little pricey so I tend to search online until I can find it on sale somewhere.

Brina
BrinaWestern Australia, 61717 posts

Decent kitten food

My kitten originally ate this food when I got her so I thought I would continue buying it. She seems to really enjoy it as her bowl is always empty soon after her meal time, so it gets a thumbs up for that. Although I've been reading it's got quite a lot of grain/fillers in it and should have a more animals products. It's also quite expensive.

Overall it's okay but I will switch when I finish the bag.

Vell